Heart To Heart Talk

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

Chapter 5

Heart to Heart Talk

After breakfast, Kim & Fred say goodbye to Lolo Greg.

KIM: Lolo Greg, I need to go back, I am not supposed to stay out long. I don’t want my Lolo to get worried….but as always Lolo Greg, it’s nice to have breakfast with you…Ken, next time na lang tayo manood ng sunrise.( then Kim stand up and kiss Lolo Greg, then Ken get-up and kiss Kim)

 

Gerald: (doesn’t know what to do, he feel so awkward, then get-up and surprisingly kiss Kim)..nice meeting you Kim and it’s nice to have breakfast with you.

 

KIM: nice meeting you Gerald (with a charming smile in her face)

 

Gerald: Fred, bro kita ulit tayo, kailangan nating mag catch-up.

 

Lolo Greg: (watching Gerald he knows that there is something with his grandson, Gerald towards Kim, witnessing this moment, Lolo Greg has a happy smile in his face, and that moment, everyone on that breakfast table noticed that awkward moment, except for Kim) Kim iha, ingat kayo, huwag masyadong mabilis patakbo kay Bistek.

 

KIM: yes Lolo Greg, I won’t fly as long as hindi magulat si Bistek ( sabay tingin kay Gerald)

 

Gerald: Fred, bro, ingat. (as if saying to fred, ingatan mo ang baby ko, in his eyes)

 

Fred: no problem Gerald, as always bro, anything for you.

 

Then, fred and Kim just walk towards the front door.

 

KIM: Fred, ano yon? May secret ba kayo ni Gerald? Sabihin mo naman sa akin kung ano ang secret ni Ugly Monkey.

 

Fred: wala, marami lang kaming napag daanan ni Gerald noong bata pa kami, just like you. Ako palagi ang kasama mo sa lahat na kalukohan mo.But promise I won’t tell him also.

 

KIM: talaga ha!..(habay takbo then jump at sumakay sa likod ni Fred)..go Fred takbo…takbo.

 

Fred: ano ba Kim, hindi ako si Bistek.

 

Gerald: (looking from the window, sumama ang mukha ng nakita ang ginawa ni Kim)..Oh…(shaking his head) what a childish act….so Bro, what’s with Kim.


(With a smile on his face) mukhang na sira ko yata ang romantic date n'yo ah,..watching sunrise in the river bank?...badoy mo bro..LOL.

 

Ken: who Kim? Nothing, I like her, she's my best friend, that’s all. As for the sunrise, that’s one of the fun things to do here in the farm, you should try going with her, you might enjoy it. kuya, she’s fun to be with, and very likeable and she’s HOT kuya, go for it.

 

Lolo Greg: Kim is very sweet girl. She’s one of my favourite, she always make me laugh. There is something in her that lights up the room every time she’s around. You should take time to know her better Gerald.

 

Gerald: listen to you two, Kim is just a little girl, and beside her older brother, Jake is my friend, but I must admit, she’s very attractive, she’s different.( his mind is playing with all the flashback from this morning how Kim take his breath away, then Gerald realize that Kim forgot all the stuff his mom send for Kim.)…Kim… you forgot something. Well I guess we have to bring this over tomorrow, besides she’s with the horse she can’t carry all.

 

Lolo Greg: good idea Iho, I’ll come too, you should visit Don Luis too. Do you know that your brother palagi sa Chiu’s mansion? He’s making it as his second house here in Hacienda…sabay tawa… You should call your Lolo Luis to find out how is he doing and also tell him that we are coming over tomorrow before lunch.

 

Ken: don’t worry bro, I’ll back you up with Kimmy; she’s my best buddy you know ( then sabay alis and give Gerald a pat on the shoulder ) I’ll see you later, I need to sleep some more.

 

Lolo Greg: Gerald, iho, do you have special someone you left behind in the states?

 

Gerald: (smiling), no Lolo, wala naman akong naging serious na girlfriend sa states. Girls over there are different; I don’t think I can be serious with them. Masyadoing liberated, I think I still like girls dito sa Pilipinas, ang mga lumaki dito, ang value intact pa rin.

 

Lolo Greg: I’m so happy to hear that iho.

 

Gerald: (jokingly) happy kayo na walang girlfriend ang apo n'yo? That’s so sad to hear di ba? LOL...

 

Lolo Greg: hindi, what I mean is that, you can make ligaw sa mga girls dito sa Pilipinas, ayaw ko rin kasi na manligaw ka dito while you have girlfriend sa states. hindi naman tama yon.

 

Gerald: why Lolo, do you have anyone in mind na bagay sa akin, 'yong mabait, smart, maganda at hindi maarte. ayoko ko kasi sa girl sobrang arte.

 

Lolo Greg: Naku, you said it all. I know this girl; she is everything you just said.

 

Gerald: who is she Lolo?

 

Lolo Greg: who else, di si Kim!

 

Gerald: (laughing) I know it; I know na si Kim ang sasabihin mo. But Lolo, she hates me and besides she's so young and childish. She thinks everything is competition, you see kanina?

 

Lolo Greg: syempre bata pa si Kim talaga, she's only 13 years old, ikaw 16 yeras old na, almost 3 years ang tanda mo sa kanya plus you spend most of your time growing up in the states, naging independent. syempre compared to her growing up her surrounded by everyone, iba and kilos n'ya. But, she'll grow up, actually compared to other girls her age; she is more matured, at mabait talaga.

 

Gerald: I know your right, she'll grow up eventually, but Lolo it doesn't mean that I agree sa mga recommendation mo ha. I still want to find the right girl for me by myself and not now, sa ngayon I just want to enjoy, I want to do all things that I used to do na miss ko nang gawin.

 

Lolo Greg: s'yempre iho, I am not saying that I'll force you to like somebody na ayaw mo naman, after all it's your life you really should make your own decision....but before anything else, go ahead and call Don Luis about tomorrow.

 

Gerald: thank you Lolo. Yah I call Lolo Luis and after I go ang take a rest....you don't have to ask the maid to wake me up, I have alarm.

 

Then Lolo Greg went out and read newspaper at the garden while Gerald is heading to the phone.

 

Gerald: "Hello good morning, can I speak to Don Luis"...Lolo Luis this is Gerald, gusto ko lang kayong kamustahin, tapos if you have time tomorrow, if it's ok for you me and my Lolo Greg are planning to come and see you before lunch..that's if you have time.

 

Don Luis: Gerald iho. it's nice to hear your voice..of course iho I'm be more than happy to see you, tell your Lolo Daddy, dito kayo mag lunch.

 

Gerald: thank you lolo, Lolo si Kim ho ba dumating n d'yan, can I talk to her, kasi she forgot something dito sa bahay.

 

Don Luis: yah iho nandito na, actually she just arrive ito walking towards  me..Kim..Kim..iha phone for you, si Gerald.

 

(KIm just arrive and walking on the hall way, then nandilat ang mata ng tawagin ni Lolo Luis for a phone call from Gerald )

 

Kim: coming Lolo...thank you...hello..oh Gerald grabe ka naman, wala pang 1 hour miss mo na ako agad?

 

Gerald: LOL...your funny..I wish I can lie, just to make your day, but actually I just want to tell you, you forgot the stuff my Mom send you, anyway I already told Lolo Luis, me and my Lolo daddy are coming there tomorrow for lunch, so I'll bring it.

 

Kim: ok..talagang miss mo ako ha?...now you’re coming over pa...ok see you tomorrow.

 

(Kim hang-up and walk away, walang effect sa kanya)

 

Ate Anne: Kimmy I haired Gerald is coming tomorrow...is that true?

 

Kim: yah, bakit?

 

Ate Anne: He likes you Kim, that's why his coming.

 

Kim: hindi, he's bringing over all the stuff Tita Vangie send for me.

 

Ate Anne: ganon na rin yon...LOL...oy Kimmy, Gerald's like her..(Teasing Kim, but Kim just walks away wala talaga)

 

At Anderson Mansion: Gerald is on dilemma:

 

(Gerald trying to rest in his bedroom but he can't close his eyes, every time he close his eyes all he see is Kim, how beautiful she is riding on her horse, and he can still picture Kim's face when she get off the horse take her hat off and let her hair go on her face as the wind blows, her lips so red and her face like a doll)...OMG...what's happening to me, I can't erase her beautiful face in my head. She looks so different now, she is more beautiful, I think I'm in-love with her..(.then hitting his head) ano ka ba Gerald, matagal mo ng love si Kim, 3 years ago pa.ahhhh...ahhhhh. (gigil na gigil sa sarili) I can't be close to her, I can't be nice to her, I might do something stupid if she's too close to me. Gerald think, be reasonable, remember Jake is your friend and Kim is your brother's best friend...ok...ok...I need to do something masyado pang bata si Kim para ligawan ko, OMG, I have to wait 3 more years, kakayanin ko kaya?