I promise.....

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

I promise...

Summer is fun for everyone. Gerald and Kim got to know each other better, now Kim spend more time with Gerald than Kent, his brother who is suppose to be Kim’s best friend. Gerald wetness how Kim grows physically matured, but still act like a child. She gain weight a little and start to have a body of a real lady. As Kim spend time with Gerald all the time, she now so comfortable with him, she feel like she can do anything in front of him without any malice at all, without any clue that her action, all her lambing, put Gerald into misery all the time. Wala na silang ginawa kundi mag likitian, Gerald like to kiliti Kim in her kili-kili, he found out na this is one place na grabe ang kiliti ni Kim.

Kim: (on the phone) Hello Ge, what are you doing? What to go somewhere tomorrow? I want to bring you to this place, my special place.

Gerald: you mean hindi mo pa ako dinala doon?

Kim: hindi, I haven’t bring anyone doon.

Gerald: not even my brother?...na bestfriend mo.

Kim: sabi na nga na hindi.ang kulit mo ano…yes or no?

Gerald: did I ever say no to you? You’re my baby remember, baka kasi if I say no, mag tantrum ka.

Kim: hoy Gerald, don’t give me that answe har, puede ka naman umayaw kaya, hindi ako namimilit.

Gerald: No, seriously, I would like to go with you in this special place. Basta ha, ako pa lang ang nadala mo doon.

Kim: promise..ikaw lang. and don’t pick me up with your car, bring your motorbike, ok?

Gerald: OK, ikaw talaga, you always want na naka hug ka sa akin.

Kim: hoy unggoy, hindi kasi makaakyat ang car doon.

Gerald: ok I’ll pick you up around 4:00 pm, by then hindi na masadong mainit ang araw.

So Kim bring Gerald at the top of the mountain, where you can see the whole town, at night it’s so beautiful with all the lights.

Kim: here it is. Ganda di ba?

Gerald: how did you find this place, it’s so dangerous here, you do bring Bistek here?

Kim: yap, every time I’m feeling so lonely, I go here.

They spend hours until they realize that it’s already 6:00 pm.

Gerald: Kimmy let’s go it start to get dark.

Kim: yah let’s go, we loose track of time. I’ll be in big trouble if I miss dinner.

Gerald brings Kim home and on his way, he passes Fred.

Gerald: Fred, kamusta na bro. saan ang punta mo? Do you have time to spend with me? Sorry kasi hindi na ako na pasyal sa inyo, masyado lang busy kasi. Both of my parents are here, you know.

Fred: Gerald, you don’t have to explain, (sabay tawa) so hinatid mo na si Kim?

Gerald: yah, I just did. Bakit hinanap ba?

Fred: no pare, alam mo grabe ang trust ng family n’ya sa’yo, at isa pa siguro kahit hindi mo isuli ‘yon payag na din sila…LOL..pero Bro, kidding aside, bata pa ‘yan si Kim, be careful with her. Lahat na ginagawa n’ya she doesn’t care pa, walang malice talaga. Concern lang ako kasi I know how you feel towards her, alam mo na, lalake din ako, alam ko kung ano ang pinagdadaanan mo everyday if you’re with her.

Gerald: Bro, hindi mo alam. As if masiraan ako ng ulo, hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko.

Fred: Gerald bakit hindi mo na lang ligawan?

Gerald: no pare too young talaga. I started young pero iba sa states, girls are more matured sa age nila, mas maaga mag matured ang girls doon compared sa guys. And Bro, you know my stories, alam mo ang lahat na nadaanan kung relationship, kaya subrang hirap talaga mag pigil, as if torture every time. And pag ganyan ka bata, baka hindi lang mauwi sa maganda ang relationship, I don’t want to loose her, kaya I know I have to wait.

Fred: ikaw bahala, basta Bro, no matter what, try not to hurt her. Promise mo ‘yan, parang kapatid ko na yan si Kim, we grow-up together, lumaki akong taga bantay – alaga n’ya, kaya concern talaga ako para sa kanya. And Bro don’t get me wrong, alam ko kung gaano mo s’ya kamahal. Believe nga ako, after all this years, hindi talaga nag bago ang feelings mo towards her, akala ko sa tinagal mo sa states, nawala na si Kim sa isip mo. So ano ngayon ang plano mo?

Gerald: she’ll be turning 14 this coming week, after this summer balik na kami sa school, then I can do slowly stay away from her. I can make myself busy na hindi n’ya mamalayan na lumalayo ako sa kanya. By then, siguro busy na rin s’ya she can be with her friends too.

Fred: good luck bro. basta siguradohin mo na wala talaga s’yang gusto sa’yo, kahit crush man lang. kasi baka meron tapos, masaktan kapag nakita n’ya na nilalandi ka ng mga babae and Bro, I know malandi ka, habulin ka ng mga babae…LOL

Gerald: bro, sana meron peru wala talaga. Malakas ang pakiramdam ko sa mga babae, peru itong si Kim ibang klase, hindi ko alam kung talagang napaka innocent lang or manhid. Bro, nahalikan ko na pero hindi pa rin n’ya alam na hinalikan ko s’ya. (Shaking his head and look so confused)

Fred:LOL…bro, don’t mean to laugh pero ngayon lang kita nakita na ganito… talaga hinalikan mo? When?

Gerald: remember the pool incident? That was a real kiss bro, hindi ako naka pigil kasi, but then I told her, it wasn’t a kiss, and she believed me, since then I know talagang hindi pa puede, bata pa talaga.so bro, good luck to me.

Fred: kaya mo yan Gerald, ikaw pa. basta bro, no matter what sana hindi kayo magkasakitan later on.

Kim celebrate her birthday with family only and of course the Anderson’s. Everyone’s has a given Kim’s gift on that night except Gerald.

Vangie: Gerald, where’s your gift for Kim iho.

Gerald: I’ll give it to her tomorrow.

Kim: that’s ok Tita, he awe’s me ice-cream so I guess, he’ll give it to me tomorrow sa ice-cream house.

Kent: I got you games for you PSP.

Kim: thank you.

Then everyone else gives the gifts. Gerald’s Mom give her an earring, Mama Tessa & Papa give Kim her most wanted Electric Guitar with amp., the whole set, Piolo and Angel give her the new iphone, Sam & Anne give her a watch,…and so as everyone.

Two Days After:

Gerald: (on the phone) so Kim, are you ready for that ice-cream you’ve been begging me about?

Kim: talaga ngayon na?

Gerald: if you have time, I’ll pick you up around 5:00pm

At Ice Cream House:

Gerald: Kim, I have a gift for you, I have this on me long time ago, but I didn’t give it to you on your birthday ‘coz I think today is the most perfect day.

Kim: asos, drama pa to.. ok..ok. enough with the talking…what you get me? show it to me (Kim is so exited)..WOW…A ring?...ano to..are you proposing to me?...LOL…joke only…It’s so beautiful, you know I like butterfly. So tell me what’s the entire stone here, let me name the stone if I know…this is red coral, turquoise, tiger’s eye, black opal, mother pearl, and amethyst. Did I name it all correctly?

Gerald: (look so sad staring at Kim) yes you did. Here, let me put it on your finger. I got this when I went to France last year. I found this in one of the antique jewelry store.

Kim: you have spent a fortune on this. Are you sure this is ok? I think it’s too expensive, I don’t want to say this….but I can’t take this, just too expensive.

Gerald: (holding Kim’s hand with his two hands) Kim please, I prepared for whole 1 year on this,I save for this gift. I want you to have this ring as…(he stop for a while, thinking as if he should tell her that He loves her so much…then change) I promise, I won’t forget you wherever I go.

Kim: (parang wala lang) ok, it’s a promise ring din. why? are you going back to states again?

Gerald: no. but you know, just to remind you about our friendship.(this time Gerald wants to cry) then He kiss Kim on the hand and in the check.

That summer has ended with full of memories and fun for Gerald and Kim. A summer that Gerald's will cherish forever, He knows that when they back to the city, he has to change some things, that He can't be that close to Kim. He doesn't know how yet but He has to do it, at least for a while to let Kim grow-up.