IT'S A DEAL

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

It's A Deal

 

It’s been a year; Gerald is now a full-pledge Lawyer. He top the bar exam, become one of the top nosh corporate lawyer of the country, the most eligible bachelor of the country. The Anderson and Chiu family celebrated together for this another success in Gerald’s life. As for Kim’s side of story, she continues her studies and she’s very happy that slowly, she’s getting there. At this point of time, she got more suitors and Enchong become so persistent in pursuing her. Nothing change she just continue to be befriend with all the guys that pursuing her, but still Gerald remains the number one in her heart. Most of the guys give-up their love for Kim except for Enchong he is the last rival of Gerald for Kim's love. Kim’s parents noticed how persistent Enchong Dee is, now they are convince how much care this guy has for their daughter.

Kim and Gerald remain very close, they become more mature and they handle their “weird” relationship more maturely. They still go out regularly; most of the time just talks about stress at work, school, family and mostly life in general. Gerald stop insisting of his love to Kim, as he promise he just let time do it’s course and just enjoyed every moment He is with Kim.

Now that Gerald is a full-pledge Lawyer and Kim has 1 more year in Medical School, both parents are more concern. Gerald is now 28 years old and Kim is turning 26, both are in marrying age and very stable. The question that both parents have in mind is, what they are waiting for. Lately, Lolo Luis heath is very unstable; Kim’s parents are more concern that the old man might not stay long enough to watch her last grandchild to marry. Kim’s siblings are all married except for her; they all married the love of their lives (that is all connected to Anderson clan).

Gerald: Kim, where are you? still in the Hospital?

Kim: (whispering) yah, I’m with the patient. Can I call you back in 10 minutes?

Gerald: Sorry. Ok, call me right away.

After 10 minutes.

Kim: Hi Ge, what’s the news; I am still here until 8:30 pm, why?

Gerald: nothing just wants to eat outside just thinking maybe you would like to join me.

Kim: sure, but as I said I’m here until 8:30 pm.

Gerald: OK, I’ll pick you up.

Gerald came around 7:30; Gerald come and pick-up Kim at the Hospital so early that he has to wait for 1 hour. At the nurse’s station:

Nurses: who is that guy? So good looking, mukhang ang bango-bango.

Nurse 1: that’s Gerald Anderson, of The Anderson International Food Corporation, the most eligible bachelor living in Philippines according to Metro Magazines.

Nurse 2: so, what is he doing here, malapitan nga, excuse me Sir , can I help you?

Gerald: Hi, I am just waiting for somebody, I’m OK; I just wait here if you don’t mind.

Nurse 2: no, I don’t mind at all, just asking in case you need help. (You can stay there for my entire shift so I can have a better view, as the nurse whispering to herself)

Gerald; (heard everything she says but just ignore her) thank you.

Nurse 3: (Bum, the gay nurse that befriend with Kim) Hi, Gerald, you have to wait a bit, she’s almost done.

Gerald: Hi Bum, thank you.

Nurse 2: Bum, you know Him? sino ang hinihintay n’ya?

Bum: bakit? Type mo sana? hindi ka papasa d’yan. Isang girl lang ang kilala n’yan.

Nurse 2: sino nga?..sabihin mo na I’m so curious.

Bum: Si Kim, ang top notch intern natin.

Nurse 2: Si Kimberly Chiu, why I am not surprise…in fairness, bagay sila.

After 1 hour:

Kim: (came out with all her stuff, big bag) Hi Ge, sorry, I keep you waiting.(then kiss Gerald in the cheek)

Gerald: No problem, here give it to me. I had fun waiting, those nurses keep me entertained.(kiss Kim back)

Kim: oh boy, I’m so sorry. Look I don’t have any extra clothes; do I look okay for this dinner?

Gerald; don’t worry, you always look beautiful….bye ladies.

Nurse’s: (kinikilig habang nakiking sa dalawa) they do look good together, pareho pang mababait. Bye Gerald, Kim, have fun.

Kim: thank you ladies. See you tomorrow.

They both enjoy the night, after Dinner they go get some DVD and watch movie at Gerald’s home theater system and as usual, Kim fall asleep. She spends the night at Gerald lap on the couch.

Kim: (wake-up and so surprise with the time, waking up Gerald) Gerald, wake up, it’s already 7:30; I have to be in the Hospital for 8:30, I need to use your washroom, lend me some shirt, and you have to do me a big favor, you need to go to my condo and get some of my stuff, I need it today at the hospital…please…please.(then start stripping)

Gerald: hey…hey…what are you doing? Go run to the washroom ….LOL…try to calm down. I’ll drive you back to Hospital, then I go to your place and get you your stuff, do you need clothes from your place? Or I can buy you one.

After 10 minutes, Kim is done. Gerald just put on new pants and shirt and went they go.

Kim: (looking at Gerald driving)…laughing…we are so bad.

Gerald: what? What so funny?

Kim: us, look at us! We look so funny.
Gerald: you look good on my shirt.

Kim; I know, can I have this? Ok where here, exactly 8: 20. I’ll wait for you, just txt me before you come so I can come out and meet you at the lobby .Bye. See you take care. Drive safe (then kiss Gerald aiming for the cheek when Gerald notice that Robi was watching, he turn his head and grab Kim to kiss her on the lips)

Gerald: bye. Love you!

Kim: (was surprise but was kind of enjoy it, she misses it, it’s been a while Gerald acted that way)..Bye, drive safely (pahabol ni Kim)

Robi: Hi Kim, running late?

Kim: I know, sorry I’ll talk to you later.

Mel: Kim..Kim...(Calling Kim to stay behind from the morning rounds) I can’t help noticing, that’s same pants you’re wearing from yesterday, and that shirt you’re wearing, I don’t think it’s yours.

Kim: ppssssttttttt….be quite, I watch DVD at Gerald’s place and full asleep, maybe because I was so tired. It’s his, shirt, what is that look. I’m not going to justify nor explain to you. You can think what ever you want.

Mel: what? I’m not saying anything. (Then give Kim a meaningful smile). Don’t be so defensive.

Gerald come back with Kim’s stuff and all the Nurse’s was so jealous of Kim for having this gorgeous guy run around for her. They think she is so lucky to have Gerald in her life.

Kim finish the day and go home in her place and learned from her land line voice mail that Lolo Luis was rush to the hospital for shortness of breath. She calls the hospital to make some arrangement if she can take 2 days off so she can go home to Hacienda.

She got their without no one even noticed that she arrived. She went straight to the living room and from far, she can hear her parents talking, and they are talking in a very loud tune. She didn’t hear everything but she heard Enchong name and …
Mr. Chiu: if she can’t decide, then I’ll decide for her, she’s getting married whether she like it or not.

Mrs. Chiu: But, Pa, I never agree to that, I don’t think it is right to intervene with our children’s life.

Mr. Chiu: This time it’s different. Papa is not in very healthy these days and anytime soon, he might go…and all he wishes is that all his grandchildren are married before he goes out of this world. And if Kimberly can’t do that, we are doing to it for her. She got almost 8 moths then she’ll be finishing, she’ll get the exam then she’ll get married, and that’s final. After all, that is where she’s going, we just want it clear and settled for her.

Kim: (was so shocked hearing all this arguments of her parents, she run out with the assumption that she will be marrying Enchong Dee, crying while driving and doesn’t know where to go.) I can’t believe this is happening, they don’t even ask me what I want. For so many years I’ve been a good daughter, giving everything they want, this time, they are taking my life; I don’t think I am going to allow this to happen….(she end up right the her secret place in Hacienda, she was thinking what was going on, she try to do all the puzzled in her head)..so, they think because I am going out for a date with Enchong, I do like Him, and they think I can’t decide for myself that is why they are doing this…(making a call)
Hello Ge, guess where I am?

Gerald: Kim, are you OK? why are you crying?...where are you.
Kim: I’m here in my perfect place, the place where I can be who I am and do what I want.

Gerald: what are you doing at the Hacienda? Is everything okay? You’re at the look-out, Kim, tell me, what are you doing there?

Kim: everything is fine, no matter what, don’t tell anyone, especially my family where I am. Promised me Gerald or I am not talking to you forever.

Gerald: promised, Kim, wait I’m coming you wait for me.

Kim: No, don’t come, I’m coming home, I’ll come and see you, and I need to talk to you, just wait for my call.

Gerald: Kim, please don’t do anything or go anywhere without telling me, promised.

Kim: Promised.

Gerald: OK, I’ll wait, be careful driving….I love you.

Kim: (she just cries and didn’t say anything)...ok see you in 2 hours.

Gerald was so worried, don’t know what to do, and don’t know who to talk to. Then remembers Fred, he is the only one since the beginning knows the real score between Kim & Gerald.

Gerald: Fred, can you come with me, let’s have coffee…

Fred: is everything OK, I know that look that is you’re; I have a big problem with Kim look.

Gerald: (smile) boy, you know so will….tell me, is there something going on at the Hacienda Barbara?..thus Tito Albert & Tita Tess, the whole Chiu, may problema ba?

Fred: nothing that I know. Ang alam ko lang, si Don Luis, lately, he is always in and out from the hospital, but as far as I know, nothing serious and Anne and Sam are 24 hours on the clock for him, so can’t see any serious problem at all.
Why?

Gerald; nothing, it’s Kimmy, she sound so trouble when she call me, she call me from Hacienda and she’s at the look-out. She won’t go there unless it’s something important, either its good news or bad news. And this time it’s not good news because she’s crying.

Fred: sundan mo ba?

Gerald: hindi, she’s coming home to see me daw, she got very important things to discuss with me.

Fred: (smiling) bro, baka sagutin ka na.

Gerald: I don’t think it’s that. I am so worried. I have a feeling that it’s bigger than that. We are together 2 nights ago and we haven’t talked about that at all. I can’t seat here and wait. I need to go…and Bro, don’t mention anything about what we just discuss, not even sa mga kapatid n’ya. If they ask where she is, just say you don’t know. I don’t even know where she is at this point. I hope she is ok.

Fred: don’t worry, I know what to do.

Gerald drives around while waiting from Kim’s call. He is so worried that he doesn’t know what to do.
Gerald’s phone ringing:

Gerald: Hello Kim, how are you? Are you OK, where are you nab a?

Kim: I am still driving; I’ll meet you at the bar in 30 minutes.

Gerald: OK, Kimmy, wait for me, I got caught in the traffic, so please don’t go wait for me.

Kim got arrived at the bar first, she waited for almost 1 hour, from the front door, she saw Kim.

Matt: Bro, Kim is here, and she doesn’t look good, she over there at the bar…LQ ba?

Gerald: sorry bro, I’ll talk to you later (then walk towards Kim)...excuse me Miss, can I buy you a drink?

Kim: NO! I can buy my own drink, thank you.

Gerald: I insist, let me buy…

Kim: (harshly turn around and)..I said I can buy my….Gerald, it’s you. (Tipsy a bit)

Gerald: Kim, are you ok? Come let’s grab a table. What’s the problem?

Kim: (then she starts crying)..I heard…(can’t finish talking then cry again)

Gerald; it’s to loud in-here let’s go somewhere else. (Gerald calls the waiter and pays the bill and went out from that place) ok let’s go to your place and talk.

Kim: no, not in my place, I don’t want to talk or hear from my family at this moment, not even my brothers or sister, especially Papa & Mama. Let’s go to your place.

Gerald; OK. (they arrived at Gerald’s place) now, what’s the problem? You are scaring me, this is the first time I see you like this.

Kim: (smile) I know, this is the first time I was so disappointed with my parents. I am so disappointed that I don’t want to see them nor talk to them.

Gerald: bakit nga?

Kim: Mama left me a message that Lolo is back to Hospital again, nothing serious, but I decided to call the Hospital and ask for 2 days off. I rush to Hacienda and over heard this huge conversation, almost an argument between Mama and Papa. Papa insists that if within 6 or 8 months that I can’t decide, they are going to arrange me with Enchong Dee for marriage….to Enchong…you heard me?

Gerald: (was so shocked and don’t know what to say, he deep breath then) are you sure you heard them right?

Kim: I won’t be like this if I am not sure. Gerald, after all this years, you know how I felt about going into marriage and about my profession, you are one person that knows everything inside my head more than my parents, my family. And why Enchong? Where did they have that idea that I like this guy, I am going out with him just to be nice and civil, and that’s all.(then cry)

Gerald: (hugging her) that’s enough; we have to focus and think what to do. I am not letting this to happen, you know that very well. This is not just your problem, now it become mine more than yours. Kim, I promise you, whatever happened, your are not going to marry Enchong. Magkagulo na tayong lahat, I am not letting that to happened.
Here, go have a shower so you can relax and I’ll order some take out for two of us, then we talk over this.

Kim: (went to have a shower come back fresh and seductive in Gerald’s big t-shirt) I barrow your shirt, I just want to be comfy. (Hold Gerald hands and look at him straight in the eye) thank you so much, I don’t know what to do with out you.

Gerald: (look at Kim, then kiss her) Kim, as I said you’re not going to marry anyone else, (then kiss her again in the lips, deepen the kiss, carry Kim towards the couch and carefully put her down, deepen the kiss, kiss her neck and start going down and his hands start to wonder when door bill buzz, his ignoring the door bill)..

Kim: Gerald, the door bill, must be the food…Gerald c’mon, the door.

Gerald: it’s OK I have my food,…Dum…speaking of wrong timing..Sorry.

Kim: (smiling) it’s OK, go ahead answer the door, must be the food. Gerald, we have to talk and concentrate on this situation. Ano ba ang gagawin ko?..do you have some alcohol? I think I need more drink to keep me focus.

Gerald: you eat first, before you drink.

After a while, Kim drinks so much, she start to get red and becoming so talkative.

Kim: Gerald, what’s the plan, I can’t just run away or say no to my parents. This is the last thing I need before my big exam, Gerald, you have to help me, and this is my life we are talking about. Can you imagine if I become, Dr. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu Dee, …hemmmm, actually it kind of sound good…or how about….Dr. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu Anderson, hindi ba bagay?

Gerald: Kim, you’re drunk. I taught you want to talk?

Kim: I am not drunk, medyo lang but I am 100% aware of what I say and what I do. Alcohol just gives me more guts to say things that I can’t say or do before. Why Gerald, what you think, what if I’ll marry you? You think my parents will go furious, can you believed them, after all this years, mas gusto pala nila si Enchong for me than you. You, Mr. Gerald Anderson, the guy that I taught my parents want me to marry; I thought our parents want us to be together.

Gerald: go ahead, say everything you want to say, if that helps in what you feel right now.

Kim :( so drunk, get up and set on Gerald’s lap, hold Gerald’s face) really Gerald, would you like to marry me?

Gerald: Kim, you’re drunk and don’t know what you’re talking about.

Kim: yah you’re correct, I’m drunk BUT I do know what I’m talking about. Will, you don’t have to answer me right now. (Look at Gerald)..Hemmmm…you know what I’m thinking, what if tonight magkasala tayo,..Yah.., let’s do it, now I know I want it with you... (Seducing Gerald).. Ano Gerald, gusto mo magkasala with me?

Gerald: Kim, please stop that, that’s not going to solve our problem. You’re drunk and you’re facing this situation that’s why you think you have all the reason to do this right now.

Kim: Actually, that’s not the reason why, my problem is not the reason why I want to make love with you..You want to know the reason..here’s the reason…I was 8 when I have my first kiss from a boy…and it was YOU (pointing on Gerald’s nose)…then I was 13 when I got my first real kiss, my first feeling of guy’s tongue inside my mouth..(smiling at Gerald’s) and I had it with YOU!, oh yah, I know it was reel, I probably young at that time but not stupid, and after that, I can’t count anymore how many times you kiss me, touch me…but no regrets, I admit, the feelings is mutual. See Gerald, you are my first in everything no one else, I have no boyfriend….yah no boyfriend…so, I want you to be my first in everything, might as will. At least with you I know, I would enjoy it, remember I’m attracted to you. So let’s go, (start stripping in front of Gerald, she is topless)

Gerald: Kim, I’m so sorry, I told you I won’t let this happen, stop, no one will marry you unless you like to.(then hug Kim and secretly cry, he feel so sorry for Kim, this is the first he saw Kim so helpless )

Kim collapsed, and full asleep. Gerald dress her up and put her to bed, He didn’t sleep all night he just watch Kim and thinking for the best solution for the situation. Morning come, Kim wake-up with a big head ache. She wake-up besides Gerald.

Kim: Gerald, good morning, so I guess I’m still a . (Smile at Gerald) trust me, I remember everything. I know you turn me down. I know I can trust you.

Gerald: good morning, so, only me? Now, do you still want it? (Jokingly ask)

Kim: if you want to, this time hindi na ako huhubad, ikaw na ang huhubad sa akin…LOL…

Gerald: Sira. Let’s go (grab Kim’s hand) help me make breakfast.

Breakfast table:

Kim: what are you thinking why are you looking at me like that? You’re thinking what you saw last night?

Gerald: very funny….Kim, as I watch you sleeping last night, this idea comes into my mind. It’s probably one sided in a since but both of us will benefit.

Kim: you found a solution to my problem? What do you mean we benefit?...as WE?...you and me?

Gerald: yah, as ikaw & ako. I have a proposal for you…What if I ask you to marry me, would you say yes?

Kim: and why you do that?

Gerald: Because I love you and I don’t want you to marry Enchong…is that answer good enough?

Kim: But Gerald, It won’t be fair for you and what if my parents don’t agree with it, how about my school? I have so many things to do, I want to continue my Medical Mission in Cebu, and that’s in 3 months after my graduation…and most important thing, I am not sure about my feelings for you, I know I care a lot about you but Ge, right now I can’t say that I love you…I don’t know if I do love you…I know I’m physically attracted to you, but is that good enough to get married?

Gerald: Honestly, it’s been unfair for more than 13 years, and I’m fine with it. We still have to tell our parents that we want to get married, and that is after your Graduation, meaning we’ll wait until you graduate, you can still do everything you want to do, mission anything that you have in-line planed….your feelings towards me, at least there is attraction and care siguro naman you can learn to love me eventually. ..What you think.

Kim: I don’t know Gerald, you’re too nice to me, I don’t want to hurt you.

Gerald; then marry me, if you marry somebody else, you’re going to hurt me big-time….Listen, if you are worry that our marriage won’t work, then we can work it out from there, if we think after a while that there is nothing, then we can let go each other. During our marriage, I won’t pressure you to do things you don’t want to do. Kim, you have to think fast, you only have today, tomorrow you’re back to school and eventually your parents will call you and talk to you about your wedding with Enchong…We can tell them that we are together for a start, so they can stop their plan, then maybe, after we can tell them about our plan of getting married after your Graduation. If they say no, we can go to US and get married there, eventually they can forgive us.

Kim; Gerald, I don’t know, sumakit lalo ang ulo ko.

Someone at the door knocking.

Gerald: sino naman kaya ito?...(open the door) Hi Jake, bro, nandito ka?

Jake: bro, I need your help, we can’t find Kim, it’s been 2 days that no one knows where she is. (Then get inside and see Kim seating in the breakfast table, wearing only Gerald’s t-shirt)..Kim? What are you doing here? For the last 2 days, nandito ka lang? With Gerald?

Gerald: Bro, let me explain.

Jake: No Bro, you don’t need to explain, you two are old enough to know what you’re doing. I was just disappointed with Kim that she didn’t even let us know where she is. We thought something happen to her.

Kim: sorry kuya, I didn’t know that you are looking for me. I normally don’t call Mama if I’m not sleeping at my place, she just normally leave me a message in the answering machine.

Jake: (recover) yah your right, hindi mo naman nga alam na hinahanap ka…so, what is this, you sleep here? Are you two?

Kim: yes kuya, boyfriend ko si Gerald.

Gerald :( was surprise from what Kim’s said but just play along) sorry bro, hindi pa naming sinabi kaagad. We are waiting for the perfect time kasi, hoping one day in one of the family gathering.

Jake: (so happy) congratulations bro, finally napasagot mo rin ang baby sister ko….so after, any plans?

Gerald: (sweating) Jake, I just want you to know that I love your sister and I want to marry her if she say yes.

Jake:(tapping Gerald’s shoulder) Gerald, that part I can’t help you, you two have to talk but looks like naka first base kana, so maybe malaki ang chance mo. Good job Gerald!

Kim :( looking down and laughing sa sinabi ni Jake)

Jake: now that I know where you are and that you’re ok, I’ll call Mama..Don’t worry hindi ko sabihin sa kanya, you guys have to tell the whole family. I’ll arrange a Family get together this weekend in Hacienda, since Lolo is better and out of the hospital, that’s a good reason to celebrate, as an excuse for you two to break the good news…I’ll go ahead and leave you two.(kiss Kim, and turn to Gerald) bro, pag pinaiyak mo ang baby sis ko, papatyin kita.(sabay hawak sa shoulder ni Gerald)ok guys bye, see you two Saturday.

Gerald: Kim, what the hell was that, you just break it like that. Now, what we gonna do?

Kim: Gerald, congratulations, I am your new girlfriend...I accept your proposal, you have a Deal!(extend her hand to Gerald)

Gerald: (hug Kim and kiss her) Kim, promise I’ll do everything to make this work. This is not just a deal, it’s a promise!
Can I have a kiss from my girlfriend? How about I’ll continue my first base?

Kim: Gerald, so down, you told me, “no pressure”, now you have to go get your car from the bar and get me some clothes.

Gerald: no need, Fred drove my car from the bar, and I can drive you back to your place, get change. I’ll pick you up for Dinner. Is that OK.

Kim: it’s perfect! (then kiss Gerald) thank you.