GET TOGETHER DINNER

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

Get Together Dinner

 

Gerald brings Kim back to her condo unit.

Gerald: are you gonna be okay? Do you want me to stay with you for a while?

Kim: how about your work? That’s ok; I think I’ll be fine.

Gerald: I can take a day off, that way we both come back to our normal routine tomorrow. I just want to be with you.

Kim: If your work allow you, then that’s perfect. I want to be with you too.

Gerald; so why don’t I come up with you, you change then we can spend the day together doing nothing, maybe shopping or something, just to relax and let the day pass by.

For the first time in the longest time, this two spend time together just walking in the mall, shopping and have fun. This is the things they both missed, just how to be a regular everyday people that actually spend time and live!

Kim: (passing by the Jewelry store) come, I want to see if they make a class ring. My school actually order from them. Look Gerald, what you think? My stone is Diamond, but with the class ring, it doesn’t look good, so what you think?

Gerald: no doesn’t look good with diamond. Take Aquamarine.

Kim: why Aquamarine?

Gerald: it’s my birthstone, March. (Then kiss Kim in the cheek)

Kim: actually Aquamarine is nice. Okay, I’ll order Aquamarine….what are you looking?

Gerald: (looking at the Engagement ring) nothing specific, just looking around. Why, you want something?

Kim: not really, I am not too much into Jewelry, most of the time, I just have to take it off anyway, you know, at the Hospital.

Sales Lady: Mr. Anderson, can I help you with the Wedding Ring Sir?

Gerald: (surprise) you know me?

Kim :( whispering) got you, so you here before looking at rings?

Sales Lady: yes Sir, you used to pick – up your Mom’s rings from us.

Gerald; now, I remember you; I’m empress you have a good memory.

Sales Lady: I always remember our big client…so you two are getting married?

Kim: actually not yet, we don’t know yet.

Sales Lady: Ms. Kim, I have something I want to show you, an Engagement Ring?

Kim: you know me too?
Sales Lady: yes, Mrs. Anderson bought a very nice pair of Earrings that she gives you on your graduation.

Kim: oh I see, so you know the whole family, Gerald, this is going to be a big pressure for you. You know, you can’t give me anything cheap coming from this store….LOL….

Gerald: Babes, want to pick your own Engagement Ring? Since we’re here might as will.

Kim: (whispering) but we are not sure yet if our parents will be happy for what we gonna do.

Gerald; I told you, it’s not up to them. Come, let’s see what they have.

Kim: (shyly) okay, I’ll pick the design, but it’s up to you how much you spend.

Gerald ;( grabs her and kisses her in the forehead) for you, no limit, I’ll give everything I can afford.
(Phone ringing)...It’s Dad, just a second….yes Dad, May problema ba? I’m not sure let me ask her first…My Dad is asking if we can spend Lunch with him, what you think?

Kim: Okay, I’m fine with that. I haven’t seen your Dad for a long time.

Gerald; Okay Dad, will meet you for Lunch.

Randy Anderson: Hello Iha, you look beautiful as always.

Kim: Hi Tito, nice to see you again.Thank you for letting Gerald take a day off to spend time with me.

Randy Anderson: actually I didn’t know that His off today. When it comes to work, I let him do his own way, actually I’m glad that he did, he’s been working so hard….It’s nice to see you together in this ordinary day. Gerald, your Mom’s going to get angry with me knowing that I spend lunch with you two, especially with Kim, she misses Kim.

Gerald: don’t worry, she is going to see her more often, actually this Saturday, we have an invitation for the get together at Hacienda Barbara. Lolo Luis is out of the Hospital, I think they just want to celebrate for that.

Randy Anderson: oh yes, I spoke to Jake earlier today….I am really enjoyed my time with you two. I can see how relax Gerald is…Ok, after this, I have to drop by the Jewelry place, you know your Mom, she loves jewelry, I need to pick-up her order. Why don’t you two come with me?

Gerald; It’s ok Dad, we’re been there, we need to go somewhere else.

Randy Anderson: you been sa jewelry store (smiling and his eyes was asking question)

Gerald :( answer also with a smile) yah, at the jewelry store.

Randy Anderson: in that case, I have to go, Very nice to see you again Iha.

Kim: (kiss Mr. Anderson) thank you Tito, I enjoy my lunch.

Randy noticed the difference in closeness of Gerald and Kim, the whole lunch, Kim, was so sweet with Gerald, she always give Gerald, his food. As Randy watches his son walking away with Kim, he has a smile in his face, he see how Gerald hold and kiss Kim. He knows that the two are so in-love with each other.

The rest of days past and with Gerald full of care and sweetness to Kim, he always make sure that Kim got her lunch and dinner on time by calling her to remind. People around them everyday noticed the difference between them, now they are sweeter to each other and the calls they got everyday. Gerald calls Kim more often in a day and drops and picks her up almost everyday.

Mel: Kim, question, is there something going on with you & Gerald that you forgot to tell me? I’ll be really offended if you are hiding things from me, especially if it’s matter of the heart.

Kim: come have dinner with me tonight in my place, I’ll cook for you, and then I’ll answer your entire question.

Mel: all my questions? This is interesting; I won’t miss this for the world.

Kim: Yes, your entire question…. (Phone ring)..Hi, picking me up? I’ll make dinner tonight. Mel is coming, you should invite your friend Matt…takes care…see you in a bit.

Gerald :( come and pick-up Kim after work.) Hi Babes, (kiss Kim) anything you need to buy for dinner, I’m so exited, you’re cooking for me. I invited Matt, he’ll be coming.

Kim: sorry I have to invite Mel on your first home dinner meal with me> I can’t hide our relationship from her anymore, she always ask questions and I can’t talk to her at the hospital, you know. She needs to understand that we don’t want to open this in public before we can let our parents know.

Gerald: no problem. Just relax we’ll be okay, we’ve been through a lot already, this is nothing, you got to remember, more pressure will be coming from our family once they know. I want you to be ready for that.

They spend the dinner with Mel & Matt and everything went well. Friends now understand that they have to keep quite until both families know that Gerald & Kim are more than just friend. But of course Mel & Matt don’t know the real deal. They have no problem in convincing people that they really are in-love with each other, because they are, only that Kim is in denial.

Friday Morning:

Gerald: (on the phone at the office) babes, can I spend the night at your place, that way we can be coming from there in going to Hacienda Saturday Morning. And I want to make sure that you have a good night sleep for you’ll be beautiful for Saturday event.

Kim: really that’s the whole reason?, or you just want to make sure that I won’t chicken out and hide….LOL…

Gerald; kind of both, you know, I’m always here for support.

Kim: no problem, we can order take out or you can make dinner this time.

They both enjoy the night and just rest, both are so tired by end of the week pressure from work, school and family situation they are facing right now.

Gerald: (knocking on her bedroom door0 Kim, are you awake, need to keep going. I made some breakfast then we can go.

Kim: coming just a second I’ll need to shower and I’ll be out in a minute.

As they eat breakfast, Gerald went through everything with Kim and try to run everything into their head. They have to make sure that they are consistent in all their answer.

Gerald; all you need to do is tell them the truth, as how we see and go out regularly just take the “love” and the “deal” out of it. Kim, just to let you know that I am going to tell everyone how much I love you and how much I wanted to marry you. The rest, it’s up to you. Just remember…you don’t want to marry Mr. Dee.

Kim: (chewing and looking at Gerald) Are you sure you want to do this? You have time to back out.

Gerald; I don’t want to go through this again, whatever I told you, nothing change. We can drop by the bakery and bring some get the family favorite cakes. Then if you want we can go and find something for the kids. I bought a stuff toy for Pauline, we need some boy toys.

Kim: ok. I just don’t know what to do with out you.(then get-up and carry her plates to the sink and pass by Gerald) promise, I’ll do everything, to make-up to you, I can’t promise when but I know I won’t allow anything to happen that will hurt you.(then kiss Gerald in the cheek)

Gerald: (grab her back) thank you (then kiss her in the lips) I love you so much.

They arrived at Hacienda and everyone was kind of surprise to see them coming happy and not arguing. All night they look out for each other, food, chair everything. Kim was so sweet with Gerald, always leaning on Gerald’s shoulder and holding on his arm (she like clinging on to him all night) same with Gerald, holding Kim’s waist and hugging her all night. Everyone noticed but no one say anything, for them maybe this is another episode of this two, they been doing this all their lives since they know each other. On the long dinner table, Albert Chiu talked about how thankful he is to the Lord that Lolo Luis was able to recover, and then everyone else gives their thoughts and speeches for the family. Gerald waited for the perfect time, then everyone is so quite, he finally get-up.

Gerald: Lolo Luis, can I say something?

Don Luis: go ahead Iho, we are listening. (While looking at Don Greg Anderson)

Gerald: (get-up while Kim was holding his hand) I can’t find of any perfect moment than now to say this. (Then look at Kim)...I am so happy to officially announce to this Family that Kim and I are together! It is not a secret in this family how much I love her, so today we are officially announcing it.

Mrs. Anderson: (so happy) Congratulations to you two, (then get-up and kiss Kim) thank you Iha. I thought I have to wait forever.

Mrs. Chiu: I am so happy for both of you.

Mr Chiu & Mr. Anderson: Panjero, finally they got the guts.

Angel: wait, since when? We always see you two so sweet that just become normal to us to see that.

Jake: if I didn’t went to Gerald’s place and caught Kimmy there, siguro until now hindi pa natin alam…LOL..

Gerald: I want to justify on that statement Bro, we know that time that we need to come out in open, just waiting for perfect timing as I said.

Randy Anderson: and the last lunch date we have, you two didn’t say anything.

Gerald: as I said today is the perfect time.

Mr. Chiu: Gerald, let me lay this down straight, you’re bringing my daughter to your place and she spend the night with you? Do you have any plan that we should know? (Asking seriously)

Kim: (get-up and about to say something) Papa, just to remind you… (Wasn’t able to continue as Gerald stops her)

Gerald: Sir, I love your Daughter very much, and if she’ll say yes, I would like to marry her anytime. (Looking at Kim)

Randy & Albert: Then Panjero, that’s a call for celebration! We need more drinks over here!

Mrs. Chiu: Wait Albert, you are putting too much pressure on this kids, Gerald just ask Kim that question in front of us, she need to think and to make sure that’s what she want.

Kim: Mama, no need to think, I already know, for all those years, I don’t have a boyfriend because I don’t want any destruction in my studies, but now I realize that thus years that I’m not interested with anyone, that is because I already have one in my heart, and that is Gerald. He is my boyfriend for years; I didn’t bother to look because deep in my heart, he is always the one. And Yes, I want to marry Him. (in tears looking at Gerald)

Gerald: (hug Kim) thank you, I will always love you (then kiss her in the lips in front of everyone)

Everyone clap and so happy for what they just witness. The whole time Kim was so sure that what happen in that moment she didn’t lie at all, she remember what Gerald told her, just tell them the truth and that’s what she did.

Angel: just a second, my question was still not answered,…since when…

Everyone: who cares……LOL…..BASTA SILA NA!

Angel: I do! I always wonder if those time, sila na.

Kim: Ate Angel, remember the Camarines? That’s the time I am so sure to myself, I was so angry with Gerald when he didn’t go back to sleep in our cottage, I thought he sleep with other woman, and then the girls that surround him in that resort, gusto kung awayin. We got into a big fight on that day, until I found out na kaya pala s’ya hindi natulog sa cottage dahil daw baka hindi n’ya mapigilan ang self n’ya at ma n’ya ako…LOL….LOL….cute dib a? I think that was the time that I come out and reveal myself; he knows that I was so jealous; I think all his friend know at that time.

Gerald; I know, then ayaw mo pang aminin.

Mrs. Anderson: So, Iho, do you have an engagement ring for your Fiancé? Make sure you got the best for her.

Mr. Anderson: you two told me that you’ve been to that jewelry store….is that why?

Gerald: yes Dad, I let her pick what she wants.

Kim: no, I just pick the style, but not exactly the one.

All the Ladies (Anne, Bea & Roxanne) we all did pick our own Engagement Ring…it’s better safe than sorry dib a Tita?

Mrs. Chiu & Mrs Anderson: that’s right.

Lolo Greg & Lolo Luis: Okay, I hope you start planning your wedding soon, you two takes too long to decide. Pareho kayang sigurista, baka naman bago kayo makasal, patay na kami…LOL….

Mrs Anderson: Papa kami na ang bahala d’yan…ofcourse everything will be consulted to you iha (looking at Kim) we know that you are busy sa clinical mo.

Mrs Chiu: Any specific dates?

Gerald: we already talked about it, we said right after Kim’s graduation….about 8 -10 months from now?

Angel: OMG Gerald, you are really in a hurry, you are going to spend fortune to pull it off, I am thinking of a big celebration that’s why.

Kim: I want simple wedding:

Everyone One: NO! (Including Gerald)

Gerald: I’ll be marrying the girl of my life; I want to scream to the whole world that you’re mine, so big wedding, Ok Ma, Mommy.

Everyone: Agree!

Everybody was so happy. This is the happiest moment of the Anderson & Chiu’s Family. The most awaited couple, finally officially happened. It has to be a Wedding of the Year. They plan for the formal Engagement Party, and hire a wedding planner. This wedding needs to be perfect. Kim somehow doesn’t understand why, she was so happy, she can’t describe her feelings, she wonder why all of the sudden she wants to get married. She thought that this could be a big destruction in her studies, but it’s the opposite, she is more inspired and getting higher grades than ever, she is also blooming, more beautiful than ever. They become envy to everyone; they are in every magazine and tabloids. “The Golden Couple”; “The Most Awaited Wedding of the Year” Their relationship become stronger and stronger, but one thing is missing, that is: the “I Love you” that until now, Kim didn’t say to Gerald. She is a perfect, loving, and caring and supper sweet girlfriend but she never say I love you to Gerald yet.