The Engagement Party

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

Chapter 19

 

The Engagement Party

Both families won’t allow Gerald and Kim just let the wedding with out the formal announcement to the whole world about it. Engagement party has to go on whether they want it or not. They have to agree for this is the wish of their grandfathers. Gerald is on dilemma as what to give for Kim on their Engagement, until he remember that Kim always wanted a new car. “Mini Cooper Convertible” and of course she wants in pink color. He spend big time for the gift and with Fred’s help, everything is on time for the occasion. No one has any idea as to what kind of gift Gerald has for Kim.

 

Vangie Anderson: (on the phone) Hello Gerald, Iho I know your on top of everything, but one more thing I just want to make sure with you. I hope you have a gift for Kim on your Engagement aside from the Engagement Ring that she picks.

Gerald; Mommy don’t worry, everything is set. It would be a surprise.

Vangie Anderson: OK Iho, I trust you. Just make sure, something really special, I want her to remember this moment. I adore her you know that.

Gerald; I know Mom, don’t worry everything is under control.

Kim side of the family:

Anne: (phone) Kimmy, you have 3 weeks more to go before your Engagement. Do you have a gift for Gerald?

Kim: yah, I got him a whole set of gaming units, he has an x-box 360 so I got him rock band then wii complete console he doesn’t have that yet, then a new DVD blu-ray for his new home theater. Ge, is an electronic freak so this will make him happy….LOL…

Anne: Ok that sounds good. As long as you don’t forgot.

A day before the Engagement party, Gerald outside the Hospital waiting for Kim, doesn’t know how he feels, but some how he needs to see Kim.

Gerald: (phone) Hi Babes, I’m here outside waiting for you.

Kim: Hi Gerald, why you didn’t tell me you’re picking me up, I’m driving today.

Gerald: I wasn’t thinking…actually I don’t have plan to pick you up, only that I feel like I need to see you.

Kim: OK..OK..I know you missed me..LOL…bakit may problema ba...are you changing your mind?

Gerald: NO! I just don’t understand why I miss you so much.

Kim: OK I’ll be out in few minutes.

After few minutes, Kim came out with Mel.

Mel: Hi Gerald, sweet mo naman.

Gerald: Hi Mel, Babe, here we’ll take my car.

Kim ;( thinking) OK, (then look at Mel) Mel, take my key, use my car and you can drive it tomorrow’s party at my parents house…Thank you... (Kiss her) see you.
Mel: just a second, where did you park?

Kim: beside Bam at C level. OK let’s go... (Then look at Gerald) are you OK? You don’t look good. Maybe you should pull-over let me look at you.

Gerald: no need, maybe just tired and as I said, I missed you. Can we just go to your place, I don’t feel like going anywhere.

Kim: OK, you want me to drive?

Gerald: it’s ok babes, I’ll be fine.

They arrived in Kim’s condo unit and Gerald is burning hot.

Kim: Ge, you’re so hot, what happened?

Gerald: (jokingly) I know your hot on me...(Then kiss Kim)

Kim: Sira, here take this and I’ll make you chicken soup. We can just relax and watch movie if you want. (she is watching Gerald and feel so sorry for him)..Poor thing you must be so exhausted, you are under so much stress lately, the Engagement, the wedding and of course your work. Seat down here and I’ll feed you. (She really took good care of Gerald)

After a while Gerald start to sweat and the temperature start to go down, He full asleep on Kim’s lap at the living room sofa. Gerald’s phone ringing and Kim can’t reach it since she can’t move; she doesn’t want to wake up Gerald. From far she can see that it’s Fred that is calling. Thinking that maybe it’s important, she calls him from her phone which is closer to her.

Kim :( whispering) Hello Fred, this is Kim, did you just call Gerald cell? He is here with me and he full asleep, he doesn’t feel good kasi, he came to pick me up and I’ll find out that he has temperature so I give him medicine and he full asleep. Do you want me to wake him up?

Fred: No Kim, no need, it’s not important. I just want to know what time you guys arriving to the party tomorrow.

Kim: I’m not sure; we haven’t talk about it yet. I’ll ask him when he wakes up.

Fred: Okay then, see you tomorrow…Kim, is everything all right?....sorry if I disturbed you two.(Fred sounds so worried thinking about his best friend, he knows how much Gerald loves Kim and he knows the situation, he feel so sorry for Gerald but he can’t help him)

Kim: Yah Fred everything is fine, just a mild fever, Gerald will be fine tomorrow, don’t worry I’ll promise, hindi ko pababayan ang kaibigan mo…., okay lang ho. Bye. (Shyly)

Fred: OK, I guess He’ll spend the night over there, I’ll come by tomorrow and I can drive you guys down to your parent’s house.

Kim: OK sounds good..bye., see you then., slowly get-up and went to the washroom, she took a face towel and start giving Gerald a sponge bath. She kind of hesitant to take off Gerald shirt, she start with the shoes, take-off the socks (thinking, grabe naman itong lalakeng ito, kahit paa walang ka amoy-amoy) then she has no choice but to take off Gerald shirts since it’s wet, he sweat so much. She was stirring at him thinking, Lord please forgive me..!(Talking to her self) Ok here it goes…Ge, we need to take off your shirt.

Gerald: huhmmmm…ok you can do whatever you want, I don’t mind at all.( very soft voice)

Kim: talaga naman lalaking it, mahina na pilyo pa rin….(smiling then she start giving him a sponge bath that every time her hand got closer to Gerald lips, he kisses her hands) suko talaga ako sa ‘yo, you’re so sweet.

Gerald wakes up the next morning feeling okay. He remembers everything and was conscious when Kim was giving him a sponge bath a night before. He was setting at the couch watching the News when Kim came out from the bedroom.

Gerald: good morning beautiful, thank you for taking good care of me. Now it’s proven, you can be a good Mrs. Gerald Anderson.(then get-up and kiss Kim)

Kim: thank you, so do you feel alright? Fred is coming over to drive us down to my parent’s house. I ask him so you can have a complete rest for tonight’s occasion.

Gerald: Okay, I need my clothes.

Kim: he is bringing that over also…come in the kitchen I’ll make breakfast. Just set there and let me serve you.

Gerald: Thank you (he was watching Kim cooking then) Kim, thank you so much, I hope someday, we can make this relationship so perfect.

Kim: (stop and look at Him) don’t worry, as you said we’ve been through a lot, we should be fine. I promise you, I’ll do everything na magampanan and part ko as your wife. I won’t let go that promise, just be patient with me.(then he hug Gerald)

Fred came and three of them have breakfast to get ready, Kim is in a hurry to go for she has appointment for her Hair and make-up. They arrived at the Chiu’s mansion and the whole house is in chaotic, everyone is so busy and the house is full of children. At 7:30 pm guest are start coming in, mostly family, close friends and some important business friend.

Gerald: (look worried) Tita, where is Kim, is she not done changing yet?...is she okay” can I go see her.

Mrs. Chiu: (smiling) don’t worry iho, she’s okay, and she’s not done yet. I know you’re so anxious to see her, not too long; she’ll be out before the party starts.

After few minutes, Kim is out, Gerald was seating on the chair close to her room, patiently waiting. He was mesmerized with Kim’s beauty.

Kim: Hi, are you okay?

Gerald :( gets –up and kiss Kim) now I am. I was worried you change your mind.

Kim: I will never, never do those to you.

Gerald: you are the most beautiful woman I ever seen, I love you so much.

Kim: oh Gerald, you always know what to say, (then hug him), you know I was so nervous too? I start wondering if we are this nervous and this is only our Engagement announcement, what are we going to do when our wedding day come.
I hope we won’t get hospitalized….LOL

Gerald: Okay my most beautiful fiancé, let’s face them.
Night went very will, everyone having fun. Both side of the Family done their speeches. Kim & Gerald look so happy all night. Most of the ladies in that room were so jealous with the Diamond Ring Gerald give to Kim. That was the highlight of the night, when everyone wants to see the Engagement Ring. The night was so tiring for Kim, as soon as she got a chance, she manage to get-away from the crowed, she went to the garden and seat on the dark.

Kim: ( in tears, thinking that she is so unfair to Gerald, asking herself why it’s hard for her to find out her true feelings and that why until now she can’t let go the word “I Love You”) Lord, I hope and pray that I would be fair to the only man that is close to my heart. I don’t want to loose him.

Geraldwas looking for Kim until he saw her).Kim, I know you very will; I know I can found you away from the crowed
….are you crying...what’s wrong?

Kim: nothing, just excited, overwhelmed, and….scared!

Gerald: excited and overwhelmed I understand…but scared...why?

Kim: Gerald, I told you this before and I will tell you again, I don’t want to hurt you and I don’t want to loose you. I know deep in my heart, you are the only man I wanted to spend the rest of my life but why it’s so hard for me to say that? And what scares me is that, I might loose you for not be able to confirm my true feelings. (Crying)

Gerald: Kim, you’re not loosing me and I’m not going to pressure you about that, we both know how we agree into to this. My love for you is unconditional, I can patiently wait, for now, marrying me is all I care. I know that I’ll do everything to make this relationship worked. Please remember that whatever happen, we’re together into this.(then kiss and hug Kim) Kim, I love so much (then kiss her again)….so, what do you think? Shall we disappear in our own party?

Kim: I like that idea. Let’s go.

Gerald: (holding her hands and thinking that this is the perfect time to give his gift to Kim) Let’s go, but let me call Fred at least to let him know that we are leaving so he can let everyone know that we’re gone.

Gerald was able to pull it off, taking Kim to the side of the garage where his gift is parked. As soon as they are standing on the spot, Fred came driving the pink car the Kim, just point to the car so excited that nothing comes out from . Then Fred come out and gives Gerald the key.

Gerald: Kim, thank you for saying “YES” I love you. (Then kiss her)

Kim: (holding her face with her two hands, in tears and speechless) …thank you for keeping me so happy and It’s a great pleasure saying yes to you. (Kiss him in the lips, hug him and start deepen her kiss while in tears, everyone clapped and was so surprise with the gift)

Mrs. Vangie Anderson: Congratulations Iha, I am so happy for both of you.

Gerald: come let’s go, let’s drive test the car….ok everyone, we have to go, thank you all for coming and please continue the fun for the night.

Then they drive around until they reach the special place, where they spend all night hugging each other. For them this is the place where they can relax and don’t have to worry about anything. They both full of love all night long that they forgot the real situation of their relationship. For Gerald he is so in-love that he can wait forever and Kim that is so scared and so worried that she can’t give backs the love that Gerald has for her.

Kim: now I know why you got sick, subrang expensivce kasi ang gift mo sa akin kaya tuloy natakot kang baka mag bago isip ko. Sayang nga naman ang gift mo kung ganon….LOL.

Gerald: Sira (sabay kiss nito sa ilong ni Kim) I got sick because I was so scared that you might run-away. Kim, you promise me, anything that bothers you, you got to let me know.

Kim: (held her hand up) promise. (Then just lean on Gerald chest) I want to do this all-night

Gerald: me too. I want to experience watching the sunrise with you.

The sunrise wakes them up, and they drove home for breakfast. When they got home in Chiu’s mansion, everyone was waiting and giving them a malicious look.

Jake: Bro, now you really have to marry my sister, how many times you have to run with her in the middle of the night.(then give him a tap on the shoulder) I feel sorry for you…LOL…

Everyone was so happy and no doubt…”TULOY AND KASALAN”…