Welcome Home Apo's

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

 

 

 

Welcome Home Apo's

 

After a while, Kent say goodbye to the Chiu’s. Kim, I have to go, Lolo Daddy is waiting for me to have dinner. Hope to see you again tomorrow, I’ll call you.

 

Kim: OK. hatid kita sa door.

 

Kent: Let’s go Manong Rudy (the Anderson’s Driver)

 

While Kim is walking back to the living room where the rest of the family is;

 

Piolo: Kim, sugar come here….”jokingly” so, tell me, what’s with Kent?

 

Kim: LOL…Kent nothing just friend, just like me, bored so we found each other. He likes Brenda though and he’s torpi.

 

Piolo: laughing…yah, he’s Anderson alright!..mabagal sa girls, just like your Kuya Sam, if not that your Ate Anne jump on him, maybe until now hindi pa naging sila, kahit patay na patay na ni Sam sa kanya.

 

Jake: No…Gerald seems to be fine, I don’t think He has problem talking to girls. Maybe as the one of the best-looking Anderson’s attributing his confidence. LOL….

 

Kim: so, you’re saying that you like Gerald? Then walk away actiing gay.

 

Don Luis: So tell me about Gerald, is he what his grandfather says he is?

 

Piolo: Well, one thing about Gerald, he is quite mature for his age, maybe growing up in the US by himself, he learns to be more independent and a very smart young man. I’m not sure what Lolo Daddy say about him….but you know how it is…everyone brags and left-up their own, parang ikaw Lolo..(sabay tawa)

 

Don Luis: aahhh nodding…then just smile looking far away.

 

Anne: why are we talking about Gerald?

 

Lolo Chiu: Well, Randy is talking about Gerald being his best Apo to take over the Anderson’s businesses.

 

Anne: Oh, I thought you are thinking about pairing Him with Kim….which is not bad…good-looking, smart and responsible young man. So what you think Lo?

 

Piolo:  c’mon, Kimmy is very young and beside our family doesn’t believed in arrange relationship or whatever…right lo...we just all fall in-love with the Anderson’s…it seems like a Karma…a good Karma for that matter. Kaya tuloy, people think pinagka sundo-sundo tayong lahat na mga kabataan.

 

The family conversation got interrupted by the maid:

 

Maid: Dinner is ready Don Luis.

 

Don Luis (Lolo Chiu): Ok thank you. Let’s go kids, let’s talk more while having dinner. Tomorrow your parents will be here and can’t wait when this mansion is filled with young hearts again. Make me desire to live longer.

 

Jake: So Lolo how’s the Hacienda? Malapit na pala ang fiesta, is there any activities planned?

 

Don Luis: I think there are some activities planned, lining up, if you are interested, you should come with me tomorrow I’ll be meeting with Mang Andoy. ..Remember him? Our admistrador, your Yaya  Pokwang husband.

 

Jake: (looking at Kim)…aahhh I was gonna come with Kimmy for horse riding.

 

Kim: That’s ok kuya….go ahead, I’ll be with Ken, I also promise Him that I'll go with Him riding.

 

Anne: Kim, you should not go horseback riding, it’s too hot, you’re going to be dark again.

 

Kim & Don Luis :( their eyes meet, and then Kim just shrugs her shoulder and Don Luis just smile.)

 

Don Luis: you know iha, both of your sister’s are good too. Maybe they can come with you.

 

Anne & Bea: No thank you.

 

Anne: Sam is coming tomorrow Lolo

 

Bea: and I’ll be sleeping all day, I need to catch-u with my sleep.

 

Don Luis: so Bea, iha, where’s Lloyd?.. Haven’t heard from him.

 

Bea: he’s is Paris Lolo, the whole family went for KC’s graduation, the older sister.

 

Don Luis: How about you, are you planning to continue your graduate school in design sa Paris?

 

Bea: I'm not sure yet, I was thinking to concentrate in Interior Design and Architectural Design.

 

Piolo: Lolo, do you have any time this week? Angel’s planning to come and visit Lolo Daddy, and we are thinking that maybe we can come over the whole family to have dinner with them sometime.

 

Don Luis: That’s no problem. Let me take care of it. I am seeing primo Greg every Wednesday & Friday we are playing chess. You kids should see him anyway, lately, nagging sakitin s’ya. That’s why we don’t play tennis anymore, chess na lang.

 

Anne: Kaya pala medyo worried si Gerald and Tito Randy. Is he OK?

 

Don Luis: Well, you know, Gregorio is 5 years older than me and physically medyo weak. Since Bianca pass-away, hindi na s’ya naka recover.

 

Anne: I like the idea, I should tell Sam to come too. Oh this is big happy reunion for Chiu and Anderson…..yes…Kimmy as for you, you are going to meet Gerald, he is good looking…well just next to Sam…LOL…

 

Kim: So what’s the big deal with Gerald, I know Him….he’s miserable and no fun, .and never friendly to me.

 

Don Luis Mansion is full of laughter all night….and the old guy was so happy smiling and looking at the stars since all his grandchildren are with him again.

 

Jake: Gerald is not like that anymore. Actually he is very friendly. Sa LA nagging very popular siya with the girls, kaya for sure maraming umiyak when he left States.

 

Anne: So Kimmy, any boyfriend?

 

Kim: No but there is this guy at school, his name is Michael Lee, wala lang nanliligaw. I don’t like him, but he is very smart a very nice guy. But I don’t think he is good looking.

 

Phone ringing and they are interrupted.

 

Maid: excuse me po, tawag po para kay Kim, Don Luis.

 

Don Luis: Sino daw?

 

Maid: Si Ken po.

 

Kim: Lolo, can I?

 

Don Luis: Go ahead iha.

 

Kim was talking and seems to be so happy, and exited. Then she went back to the dining table.

 

 

Piolo: Yes.

 

Kim: what time?

 

Piolo: around 6 pm, why?

 

Kim: Lolo, Ken ask me if I can ride horse with Him tomorrow morning, around 7:am….can I ….can I?...

 

Lolo: OK as long as you don’t stay until noon time, masyadong mainit na.

 

Then Kim stand-up and kiss and hug her Lolo.

 

Kim: Thank you Lolo, I’ll let Ken know. Lolo, can I excuse myself. I’m done.

 

Lolo: Go ahead kids, have yourself settle and relax, you don’t need to do anything tomorrow.

 

Then Kim get-up and went to phone to call Ken.

 

Kim: Hello Ken, ok I can come and pick you up tomorrow, just make sure that your horse is ready, I don’t want to miss the sunrise on the river bank.

 

**********


At Anderson Residence at the City:


***********

Mr. Anderson & Mrs. Anderson; iho Gerald, we are going to be late in going to Hacienda tomorrow. Your Dad has to go the meeting.You should go ahead because your brother and your Lolo daddy really missed you

 

Gerald: No problem Mom, I’ll tell Kuya Jason to drive me down. I want to leave really early, so we can beat the traffic and I like driving down early morning to catch the sunrise.

 

Mommy Vangie: Make sure you bring the passalubong I bought for Kimmy.

 

Gerald: Kimmy?

 

Mommy Vangie: Yah, Kimberly, you forgot?

 

Gerald: Oh…Kim…then followed with a smile. (my cute little Kim, I wonder how she look like na kaya….she’s 13 years old now)

 

Mommy Vangie: Did you say something?

 

Gerald: I said, thank you for reminding me my gift for Ken.