SELOSAN

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

Selosan

 

Gerald and Kim arrived safe at the resort. While Kim is still sleeping, Gerald starts to unload the truck.

Gerald: (stirring at Kim) you must be really tired, poor thing! (then smile and carry Kim to the cottage)

Cottage Attendant: Boss Gerald, kailangan n’yo ban ng mas malaking cottage? Kasi pang bachelor lang ang na book naming sa inyo.

Gerald: No, okey na ito. Thank you, if I need anything I’ll let you know…(running after the attendant) pag nagtanong ang kasama ko about any rooms, just tell her wala ng vacant kahit ano.(sabay abot ng tip sa attendant).

Cottage Attendant: okey boss, maasahan n’yo.

Then Gerald went back inside the cottage.

Kim: Ge, where here na pala. Sorry I was so tired talaga…how did I get here inside, did you carry me?...sweet naman.

Gerald: yah I did, sabi ko sa attendant, Misis kita and we’re in honeymoon…LOL…

Kim: sira!..let’s go, ask tayo ng 2 bedrooms.

Gerald: I’ve been there, nothing available; the place is too busy dahil sa competition.

Kim: ganon ba. So how do we do this, one bedroom, one washroom inside the bedroom pa and a small living room…I get the bedroom.You can have the living room.

Gerald: No, I booked the place so I got the bedroom, but I am welling to share it with you. We can share the bed, if you want you can put a line in the middle, basta Kim, I need a proper sleep kasi I’ll be competing…what happen you’re not saying anything.

Kim: what do you want me to say, it seem like everything you just say is final, nothing I can do about it.

Gerald: Good, then it’s settled! Let’s go have something to eat, I know this local place, they have good local food.

Kim: wait I need to change and freshen up a bit.

Kim went inside the bedroom and change and when she comes back, Gerald was so surprise with her outfit.

Gerald; why are you dress like that? No need to look y, you are naturally y.

Kim: thank you, so you think I’m y? why what’s wrong it my outfit? It’s a beach, and everyone wear bikini, and I’m wearing short, bra lang naman.

Gerald: kaya nga, bra.

Kim: it’s a bikini bra.

Gerald; kahit na bra pa rin, here wear this on top.

Kim: bahala ka, kung ayaw mo akong kasama, then I’ll go by myself, but I’m not wearing that nor change my outfit.(sabay labas sa front door)

Gerald: Kim, wait, woman, you such a hard headed.

Kim: talaga. Now why you’re holding my hand?

Gerald: puede ba? Tama na para kang bata kun magtampo.I forgot your not my girlfriend so I can’t tell you anything. Okay, I got it! Let’s be in peace for the entire time we stay in this place.

Kim: In that case, we do understand each other. I just don’t want to be told what to do, I hate when you treat me like a child. I got that a lot from my family already, dagdagan mo pa.

Gerald: Sorry, won’t happen again, promise (holding up his hand) so, we’re okay? Can I have a kiss? (Then give Kim a smack in the cheek)

Kim: (just smile) Okay, now feed me.

After they eat, they go for a stroll on the beach and they meet a lot of familiar faces, everyone was wondering why this two are together in the place like this and sharing one place and they are saying they are not together. WEIRD..WWEEIIRRRRRRRRD.until they meet Enchong.

Enchong: Kim, what are you doing here? So you’re here to give me support? (As normal na payabang bati ni Enchong, without knowing that Kim is with Gerald)

Gerald: (coming from behind holding two glasses of drinks) actually bro, she’s with me.

Kim: yah, kasama ko si Gerald.

Enchong: oh, I see, which cottage are you staying Kim?

Gerald: as I said, she’s with me.

Kim :( before saying anything just closes her lips tight, smile and raises her eyebrows) yes, we stay in one cottage. …but not as “together”, that’s the only way to be in this trip.

Enchong: I understand…parents hah.

Gerald: (was not so happy with Enchong comment)..Sorry bro, we have to keep going.

Enchong. OK, Kim, catch-up with you later.

Then Kim and Gerald continue.

Kim: (notices that Gerald mood change all of the sudden) what’s wrong?

Gerald; why did you say that, you know that Enchong always got into my nerve, now you give him the satisfaction, lalo lang ako maiinis sa kanya, as if you just tell him that he can be with you and just ignore if I’m with you, dahil hindi naman tayo.

Kim: ano?..I don’t mean that way. I’m sorry. You know very well how I hate that mayabang nayan. I just don’t want him to think that I’m sleeping with you. Baka kasi kung ano ang sabihin. I’m really sorry if that upset you. Don’t let him ruin our get-away, enjoy na lang tayo, promise, I’ll stay away from him this entire stay.

Gerald :( he realized that He is more important to Kim than anyone else) OK thank you. I’m not going to allow Enchong to ruin our time

Kim: Good.(then hold Gerald arm but Gerald let go and instead hold her in the hand, they are now walking hand in hand)
Gerald, can I ask you something.and please be honest. I want you to honestly answer my question, as much as you can.
Nag seselos ka ba? Are you Jealous? Kasi, first, you don’t want me to wear what I’m wearing right now, then si Enchong, is that a sign of jealousy from you?

Gerald: (stop and face Kim, looking straight at her eyes while holding her hands) Kim, your very much aware how I feel about you, I’ve been honest about it since then and YES, I am seloso when it comes to you. I don’t even know why, all of this is new to me, I never felt this way with other woman I been before. But with you, I am always welling to do extra mile, things I do that I never do before, sometimes I felt like I being so stupid but I can’t help it, I am so in-love with you. And as I said, I’ll wait and I’m not giving up. So, Ms. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu, yes, I’m so madly, deeply, crazy in-love with you, and YES I’m so crazy jealous when it comes to you…why sad face? You don’t like what I just said?

Kim: (holding Gerald hand’s so tight) Gerald, I don’t know what to say. You’re such a wonderful guy, you’re the only guy that is here (pointing into her heart) right here in the middle, BUT,…I’ve been telling you, I’m not ready for any serious commitment, I don’t want to loose you, at this point of my life, I feel like I’m almost there, touching my dream, to be a successful Doctor and to help people and I know that doing this dream, I might hurt people that is close to my heart and I don’t want to do that. Let me finish what I need to do, and I promise you, I’ll comeback to you with all my open arms. Promise! Can you hold on to that promise for now?

Gerald: (just smile and kiss Kim’s hand)..as I said, I’ll wait, I waited for 10 years, what is 2 years dib a?

Kim: what 2 years, I still have to do my master and doctorate, then,,,(she wasn’t able to continue when Gerald grab her and swing her around)

Gerald: 2 years lang, pag hindi pa, I’ll kidnap you and force you to marry me…LOL…(then fill down on the sand)
Kim, I want to kiss you…he kiss Kim, (notice that Kim kisses him back, deepen his kiss, then he got carried away start to kiss Kim very passionately until Kim stop him)

Kim: Gerald, where in the middle of the beach, daming tao dito.

Gerald: sorry, I got carried away. Let’s go back to our cottage.(thinking naughty thoughts)

Kim: Gerald, promise mo sa akin, you have to control yourself. Hindi puede ang iniisip mo.I’m so sorry to put you into this situation, I totally understand, mahirap para sa iyo..anyway, just go run into the water, mawawala din yan…LOL…

Gerald; your so bad. I can’t promise kung hangang kaylan ko kayang pigilan, but I promise, I’ll do the best I can.

As they continue walking on the beach, maraming napapaligon na babae kay Gerald.

Kim: grabe talaga ang mga ito, kahit kitang may kasama ka kung maka tingin sa iyo kulang na lang yayain ka na.
(Sound so irritated) and please put your shirt back on, as if your displaying your body or something.

Gerald: just a second, are you angry? What did I do? It’s not my fault that I’m so irresistible to women, it’s only you that didn’t see that.
Kim: No, I’m not angry and you’re correct, I don’t find you irresistible. So put your shirt on, bilis.

Gerald; yes babe, gagawin na.

Kim: and please don’t ever call me babe, I’m not your babe. (sabay alis at galit)

Gerald: Kim, your so cute kapag nag seselos.

Kim: I said hindi ako nag seselos.

Gerald: come let’s swim.

They spend the whole afternoon swimming. They go back to cottage to change and get ready to meet-up with some friends at the local bar. Right at the door, Gerald sees Jorosh & Derek, then he wave to say hi.

Gerald: Kim, I need to meet my old friends, Jorosh & Derek.

Kim: Okay, go ahead, I think I found somebody I know, ang mga barkada ni Mel, nandito pala. I’ll say hello and I’ll catch up with you.

Gerald: Okay, don’t go anywhere with out me, I want you to meet my friends.

Kim: I won’t take long.

Jorosh: Bro, kamusta, long time no see, would you like to be in our team? We need one more person.

Derek: hay Bro, who’s with you? Bago yan? (looking at Kim talking to group of ladies from far)

Gerald: bro, behave, she’s different, she’s special.

Jorosh: and she’s steaming hot. Grabe bro hindi ka pa rin nagbabago, matinik ka pa rin sa babae.

Gerald; as I said she’s different, seriously, bro, behave. We’re not together yet, just still planning to ask her out, so please don’t ruin it.

Derek: listen to you; I haven’t heard you that serious before. And bro, “not together yet” that is not so you, my condolences bro, you changed, “together” is never your word.

Jorosh: ang lakas ng tama mo bro.

Kim: Gerald, have you got a table?

Gerald: Kim, I want you to meet my friends, Jorosh and Derek.

Jorosh: (with his eyes big, like asking this is Kim?) Hi Kim, nice to finally meet you, I heard a lot about you.

Derek: hello Kim, it’s nice to finally meet you and shake your hand. I finally meet the woman that drive my…(did not finish what he is about to say when Gerald elbow him in the stomach)…your beautiful.

Kim: nice meeting you both, I hope good things. But if coming from Gerald, probably not..LOL.

Jorosh: you are what Gerald says you are, ang swerte naman ng friend naming…(jokingly) to be friend with you. You’re so beautiful and I heard your working to be a doctor. Hindi lang pala beauty, brain pa.

Kim: thank you. You two must be lawyers like Ge, puro mga buliro.

Derek: ouch! sakit non ah!...LOL…

Gerald and Kim spend all night with Jorosh and Derek. They talk how Gerald befriend with them and how Kim got so annoyed with Gerald when their still small. All night their together, Gerald never let go Kim’s hands.

Jorosh: bro, just noticed, all night your holding Kim, I don’t think she’ll run away.

Gerald: I can’t trust you or any other guy in this bar, alam mo na baka ma nakaw.(then look at Kim and smile)

Kim: (whispering) I’m getting tired, can I go ahead, you can spend more time with them. I can go back to cottage by myself.

Gerald: No, let’s go, I’ll go too.

Kim: No, Gerald I insist. I want you to spend time with your friend, they missed you and obviously you missed them too. Honestly, I’m okay, you stay.

Gerald: No, I’ll bring you then I can come back, if you don’t mind.

Kim: of course not. Okay then.

Gerald: bro, I need to bring Kim back to the cottage, I’ll be back.

Derek: No pare, I don’t think you’ll be back.(whisper to Gerald) , if your going with a lady as hot as Kim, I don’t think your coming back.LOL…

Jorosh: yah bro, I don’t trust you, so let’s go, let’s all bring Kim back then you come back with us.

Kim: you guys are so funny. In that case, okay let’s go.

Gerald; Kim, make sure you locked the door. Don’t open to anyone, I won’t knocked I have the key, if somebody knocked, it won’t be me, then you call me. Okay. Promised me you won’t open, not even try to look who’s knocking. Call me right away.

Kim: (laughing, she feels how Gerald care so much about her) don’t worry, I’ll be fine.

Gerald spends all night with Jorosh and Derek, so drunk that wasn’t able to go back to the cottage. Kim wake-up by herself. She get-up and check outside if Gerald was sleeping in the living room. Then, the door open, it’s Gerald.

Kim: you just come in? hindi ka umuwi?

Gerald; sorry Kim, I was so drunk and they won’t allow me to go.

Kim: (was so angry) kasi iinum-inum ka hindi mo naman pala kaya. Next time if you decide to sleep with somebody, just tell me not to wait for you.

Gerald; what you mean sleep with somebody; I was with Jorosh & Derek.

Kim: you don’t have to explain to me. I’m not your girlfriend,at wala and it’s none of my business if you decide to sleep around.

Gerald: Kim, please I have a headache. I need to shower. Do you have something for headache I can take?

Kim: bahala ka sa buhay mo!(sabay alis)

Gerald: (done shower and went out to talk to Kim) Kim, where are you. (then noticed that Kim was outside in the lounge talking to Enchong) Kim, can you please come here for a sec…Kim..sandali lang I want to talk to you. (Sound angry)

Kim: Enchong, sorry I have to go inside, Gerald needs my help, may hang over kasi.

Enchong: no problem (then wave to Gerald) see you bro.

Kim: bye Enchong, see you tonight at the bar.

Gerald: (ignoring Enchong then, no won’t see him tonight. Then talk to Kim as she’s walking closer) Kim, what are you doing with that guy? I thought we talked about it already.

Kim: I was just talking to Him, we didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not like we’re sleeping together or something.

Gerald: hold it right there, how many times I told you, I was with Jorosh & Derek, walang babae doon, kaming tatlo lang, I just got so drunk that I can’t go back to the cottage anymore, they won’t let me, they said it’s not safe.

Kim: there, you drink as if there is no tomorrow, tapos hindi mo pala kaya.

Gerald; (was so frustrated explaining to Kim, so he exploded) do you really know why I choose to drink, to be drunk so I can’t go back here and sleep here with you? Do you really know? Because, I can’t, I can’t just pretend that it’s okay, just be here with you and can’t have you. Kim, I’m so obsessed about you; I so scared of myself, baka hindi ako maka pigil. Do you know how hard it is to control myself being with you, look at you, the way you dress around me. I am not jealous that you look so y, I am afraid of myself every time you’re around me.

Kim: (was so surprise, this is the first time she saw Gerald like this, so helpless and crying like a child who lost his toy)
Gerald, I am so sorry, I was so insensitive. Promise, mag pajama na lang ako ditto sa loob ng cottage.(jokingly just to break the moment, then hug Gerald) promise I won’t get angry with you again.

Gerald: kahit ano pa ang suot mo, same effect pa rin sa akin.(then hug Kim) but I was thankful I was talking to Jorosh and Derek last night, now I know how important this to me. I won’t even think of having you anymore, I’ll just enjoy every moment I’m with you. I realized that every time I think to have you, it’s more pressure to me. I’ll wait and let time do its course. Just like now, I want to kiss you again, can I?

Kim: but you may supper again (then stop as Gerald hold her closer and kiss her, Gerald is not letting go)

Gerald: (deepen his kiss, when he feels that Kim is kissing him back and start ) Kim….Kim…I love you so much.

Kim: (pushes back) Gerald, remember, I don’t want you to get drunk again.

Gerald :( he stops) I’m not going to say sorry anymore, because every time I kiss you, I’m not really sorry. And please never ever think that I’m playing around with any other woman, I can’t even stand thinking of not being with you.
Kim: promise hindi na ma-uulit.

Gerald; Kim, I kind of like it, happy that now I know na nag seselos ka pala. It gives me hope and confirmation that mahalaga pala ako sa iyo.

Kim: I didn’t say I don’t care for you. What I’m saying is I’m not ready for serious commitment, I can’t be with somebody when I know I can’t commit my time.

Gerald; so you’re saying you love me too?

Kim: I did not say that, I said I care for you.

Gerald: Okay na rin. At least I know, you care and remember you’re attracted to me.(jokingly)

They spend all day so romantically, Kim forgot about his promise to Enchong. Enchong saw them from far, and he knows exactly that promise was meant nothing. The second night, their last night together, they both agreed, that they try and sleep in one bed without anything going.

Gerald; Kim, go shower before you lay down here with me.(pabirong sabi ni Gerald)

Kim: talaga ha, let’s see kung sino ang tatakbo sa shower in the middle of the night…LOL…

Gerald; we’ll see, I’ll keep seducing you until you agree with what I want from you.

Kim: Okay, shall I wear my lingerie?

Gerald; go ahead Ms. Chiu, bring it on!...LOL…

Kim: (coming out from the bathroom wearing the ugliest pajama) what you think?

Gerald: (laughing) yak Kim, that’s so bad looking pajamas…LOL..

Kim: good, now we know we’re safe.

Gerald: here, let me just hold your hands until I full asleep. Good night. (then kiss Kim in the forehead)

Kim: Goodnight.

They full asleep and wakeup happy together with nothing happen to them. Gerald was so happy waking-up with the most beautiful woman of his life.

Gerald: good morning gorgeous today is our last day, so I’ll spend the entire morning with you and then, after lunch we need to pack and go back to Manila.

Kim: good morning handsome. Okay.

They are so happy together and they went back to Manila with there relationship ever stronger. They can’t explain to people what they have, but they both know that what they have is good enough to hang-on for more intimate relationship in the future. They both know that they don’t want anyone else in their lives that eventually they will be together.