Sweet Sixteen

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

Sweet Sixteen

Time flies and everything was hard for Gerald, even then he survive. He focuses all his time in sports, now that he is in university, he become more popular to ladies. He collected few girlfriends, nothing serious all his relationship was on and off. He continues be friend with Kim and Kim doesn’t mind Gerald’s business at all. And that’s the secret why until now they are still friend. Kim in other hand, she became more beautiful and popular in the community and at school. She’s the lady every parents dreamed for their son’s. Until this time, she doesn’t have any clue about Gerald’s feelings towards her. One month before Kim’s birthday at school Campus.

 

Kim: (joking around with Enchong then suddenly bump into someone.) ay...Ay. Sorry…sorry.(turn around and look) Gerald it’s you. Sorry talaga si Enchong kasi. ..And Ge before I forgot, just to remind you next month,…(looking at Gerald with her big eyes…saying remember?)…my birthday. Don’t forget to be there...and also you’re… (Before she can finish what she’s about to say)

Gerald: oh yah…Kim, I can’t promise but I’ll try my best because on that week, I’ll be in Bora-Bora for a 
Wakeboarding holidays with friends. But, I’ll try my best not to missed your party., if not, I’ll just get you your gift from there. OK?

Kim: in that case OK, as long as you have gift for me…LOL… (pabirong sabi ni Kim)

CHIU’s House:

Mrs. Chiu: Kimmy have you remind Gerald to be your on your 16th birthday?

Kim: He knows about my birthday but he already has plans with his friends. He’ll be out of the country on that week. Its ok Mom, I’ll ask Enchong.

Mrs. Chiu: OK then. Just make sure you tell him ahead of time. He needs to prepare for his clothes.

For some reason, Kim didn’t ask Enchong until 3 days before her birthday, she invited him but did not ask him to be her , not until 3 days before hoping that by then Gerald will be home for her birthday, but she was wrong. Somehow, she doesn’t understand why this time she feel sad, this is not the first time that Gerald miss her birthday.

Birthday Party: Enchong was so proud and happy to be Kim’s for the night; after all he will do everything just to be close to Kim. For him this is a dream come true. Kim on the other hand seems sad on her own party.

Anne: hi sugar, you look so beautiful, you too Enchong you look so handsome. You two look good together.

Enchong: Thank you Ate. You heard that, we look good together.

Kim: there you go again. Let’s try and enjoy the night ok my friend?

Enchong: I guess yes, everything to make you happy my princess (then he hold took Kim’s hand and put it to his arm to get ready for the grand entrance.)

Kim: good, let’s enjoy…oh hi Ate Angel, you look so stunning.

Angel: You are so beautiful Kim; tonight you are the most beautiful young lady of the night. (then whisper, we do have a surprise for you tomorrow)

Kent & Brenda: (they come in together, for the past few months, Brenda is dating Kent exclusively) Best, happy birthday, you look beautiful.

Brenda: yeah friend, you’re so beautiful I love you gown. (Kim is wearing baby pink organza gown with butterfly florets on it)

Kent: Enchong pare, thank you for taking care of Kim tonight. (Then whisper at Kim)...Best sorry I can’t be with you most of the time tonight…you know…

Kim: I know, watching you happy with Brenda is more than enough for me. Good luck sana sagutin ka na.

It’s been a long night for Kim, she tried her best to have fun but somehow she doesn’t understand why she is not enjoying her own party. As everyone enjoyed, Kim, managed to get away from Enchong, she doesn’t understand herself why she want to get away from him, but for the whole night that’s what she wanted to do.
She try to fight back her weird desire, after all she is the one who ask Enchong to be her for the night.

Kim: (walking toward the dark garden talking to herself) OMG Kim, what is wrong with you, Enchong is a nice guy, be fair with Him (sabay kalug sa utak n’ya) all of the sudden she heard a voice…

Fred: Kim, dahan, dahan baka ma laglag ang utak mo..LOL..LOL (then kiss her) Happy Birthday Kimmy.
How’s my favorite girl? If I am not mistaken, look’s like you’re not enjoying your own party.

Kim: I know Kuya Fred…you know me very well, I don’t like parties, and most of all I don’t want to be in the center of attraction. Kaya tuloy , hindi na nag enjoy, very tried pa.

Fred: Kim, you know hindi puede na lalampas na lang ang 16th birthday mo na walang gagawin ang family mo. But next time, why don’t you tell them what you really want.

Kim: yah right, as if I can do that. As much as I always do what I want, I can't put my family in embarrassment nor disappoint them.

Fred: I know, I am not saying that maging matigas ang ulo mo, what I’m saying is sometimes you need to tell them what you want and what makes you happy.

Kim: I know, I know….kaya look at me now…I’m tried and ugly with… (Then suddenly she feel someone hold her waist, before she can say something)…what. Who…

Gerald: Happy happy birthday beautiful (then about to kiss her in the face; Kim’ turn her head …then…Gerald lips landed into Kim’s lips …Gerald got surprise what happened…silent for a while, then Gerald recover and…) who say your ugly, your never ugly, not to me anyway…Hi Fred.

Fred: (shake Gerald’s hand) Hi Gerald, nice to see you bro…ok…I need to go back. Talk to you later.

Kim: (still in shock, sabay hampas kay Gerald) Ikaw talaga, you really want to kill me on my birthday. . I’m happy you make it.

Gerald: of course I’ll make it; I won’t miss this for the world. Want to dance.

Kim: OK..by the way..nice tan. So I notice you don’t have time to change?

Gerald: no. sorry I just rush in, you want me to change first?

Kim: no..no..ok lang ( ok lang ang kapogihan mo)

Gerald: yes, did you say something?

Kim: I said it’s ok, tiisin ko na lang ang amoy mo (you smell so good kahit walang ligo) ..LOL…LOl…

Gerald: talaga ha, mabaho ba?..here…smell this..(sabay rub his head and underarm to Kim’s face)

Kim: ok..ok…hindi na..ano ba..my make-up. .

Gerald: OK, let’s go. I have to show my face or else my parents will to kill me.

Kim: Hi Tita, Tito, look who I found, Gerald, my lost Monkey, d’yan lang pagala gala..LOL…

Mrs. Anderson: good thing you make it Gerald, kung hindi you really gonna be in big trouble.

Gerald: Hello Tita Tess (kiss her ) Tito (shake his hand).

Mrs. Chiu: nice to see you Iho. I know hindi mo kayang tiisin si Kim.

Gerald; Hindi Tita, kasi pag nag ka utang ako dito, matindi maningil double tapos may tubo pa. (pabirong sagot ni Gerald)

Kim: (hinampas si Gerald) hoy, ang gift ko pala? you told me you'll buy gift sa Bora-bora. Where is it?

Gerald: later..it's a surprise

Kim: OK , go have some food. (then smile at Him)

Gerald: come samahan mo ako.

Kim: OK…Enchong, look who’s here?

Enchong: Hi Bro..I’m glad you made it.

Gerald: thank you …Bro, pahiram mula kay Kim ha? Babawi lang.

Enchong: no problem basta isuli mo…LOL…

Kim: excuse me, I’m here I could hear you both. and I'm no one's property that can be barrowed and return...OK..(sabay batok sa dalawa)

Gerald: OK..sorry.suplada naman.(then give Kim a wink)

Party went well and Fred standing from far notice the difference in Kim face. Now he can tell that Kim's is happy and He exactly know why. He walk up and pass by KIm.

Fred: Now you look like your in your own party. I'm glad your enjoying. (then Kiss her ) Happy Birthday again, I wish you to be like this all the time.

Kim: (puzzled and doesn't understand what eaxctly Fred was saying.)..what do you mean....(then got interrupted)

Gerald: (hold Kim's hand) can I have this dance? ( hiding his other hand at the back)

Kim: (still looking at Fred, looking at her and Gerald while smilling) Kuya Fred, are you up to something?

Gerald: huh...who are you talking to?(then see Fred in the side smilling at them, then give Fred a nad)..Kim, Happy Birthday..(then give Kim the gift right at the middle of the dance floor)

Kim: Thank you, I want to open now. Can I?

Gerald: here?...ikaw..yah go ahead.( Gerald give Kim an original Pashmina made from bora-bora, it's an extra large scarves made from a 100% cashmere, very expensive, with Kim's picture on it right at the middle when she's 10 year old with the butterfly on her nose. This picture Gerald took when Kim was 10 year old running around catching butterfly, and a poem beside it . Gerald got this hand made from the locals. 
" Happiness is a butterfly which, when pursued, is always just beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."

Kim: wowwwwww..I love it..love it...thank you so much. then she open it wide and she put it over their head and give him a kiss.

Everyone was surprise and so curious what's going on, Kim's sister's come right at the middle of the dance and look at the gift. So as Gerald's Mom.

Anne: OMG...Gerald, you're so romantic...Sam, come look at this.

Bea: I love this pink Pashmina.

Mrs. Anderson: Wow.very nice gift. Iha, this is the first time I see Gerald give this kind of gift. It's too personal. (then kiss Kim )

Gerald was blushing with all the teasing he got from Kim's sister. But most of all, he made Kim's birthday the best ever. That night both parents are hoping that this might be the beginning of something beautiful for both Kim and Gerald. And every guy in that room wish they got Gerald's position in that moment.