Chapter 1 : Flashback

Arrange Marriage : by Toronto

 

It was one hot summer day at Hacienda Barbara (name after Chiu's Grandmother), farm of the Chiu’s Family; Kimberly Chiu is the youngest among the grandchildren of the prominent Chiu Family in Cebu. A darling of the family of 5 siblings, love by everyone.

 

During this summer, the grand parents are having a big summer party for everyone to celebrate the graduation and the farewell party of the eldest Chiu’s grandson who is going to USA to continue his Master Degree in Business.

 

8 year old Kim: from far she was watching a weird looking boy with braces and a messy hear, alone and sad.

 

KIM: “Hi, by yourself? What’s your name? (as she was waiting for Gerald to answer she’s thinking that maybe she can make fun of this kid)." You know, name… that’s the word people use when they call you instead of just saying hoy…ikaw..or you.”…(then followed by a friendly smile.)

 

10 years old Gerald: (give her a bad look and turn around) I don’t like this party, I can’t believe we have to travel 2 hours for this, what a boring party and this place even smell…..

 

Kim: “oh, that….that’s the horse manure…” you are standing 3 meters away from it. Sorry, normally, horses are not allowed in this area anymore.

 

Gerald: “I am not talking to you”….. Just talking to myself.

 

Kim: “ok…I am Kim”…your name again?

 

Gerald: “I am not talking to you and I haven’t given you my name”

 

Not being affected with Gerald’s responses, instead now she found an opportunity to make him mad: to ….where Kimberly Chiu is very known for….makulit na bata.

 

Kim: you’re not talking to me….you don’t like this place….( scratching her head)….malaki ang problema mo….I think kailangan mo ilagay sa mental hospital……normal people don’t talk to themselves and normal boy should be amazed with the animals.”…siguro buang ka….( Kim push the boy and run away)

 

Kim: (running away, bump to her yaya) ….” Yaya Pokwang, may buang na bata doon, in Cebuano”

 

Yaya Pokwang:  Kimberley kanina pa kita hinahanap…. Your grandpa and papa was looking for you….may ipakilala daw sila sa iyo, a friend na galing ng US.

 

Kim:*(running while looking back at Gerald, sticking out her tangue, didn’t see the garden hose, she tumble and fall inthe garden waterfalls. Soaking wet, covering her eyes) Naku na karma ata ako…..happy na din si buang….., like the view? (she ask Gerald)

 

Gerald: (laughing his heads off).Good for you….(then walk away towards the crowds )

 

Yaya Pokwang : Oh my Kimmy, ano ka bang bata ka….halika at mag wash-up na, saan ka ba galling at ganyan ang hitsura mo?

 

Kim: Yaya, I went to catch the frogs & butterflies…you’re not going to tell Mama right?

 

Yaya Pokwang: aba syempre hindi….mahal na mahal ko ata ang darling ko…..pero sa susunod, kapag may party sa bahay, huwag ka nang lumabas, baka kasi malungkot naman si Mama mo kung malaman na nag painit ka naman…happy talaga ang mga tao kapag nandito kayong mag kapatid….kasi super mababait kayo…sana mabait din ang mga maging asawa ninyo…..sanay na sanay na ang mga trabahador sa hacienda dito sa kabaitan ng family ninyo.

 

While the yaya is keep on talking…Kim full asleep on her shoulder as she carry Kim to her room to change.

 

Yaya Pokwang: naku itong batang ito, subra namang pagud (sabay hinga ng malalim) mukhang Angel talaga itong alaga ko…medyo may kapilyohan nga lang…sana lumaki kang katulad ng mga kapatid at Mama mo…girl na girl…kasi minsan para kang boy kung kumilos. (papunta sa parents ni Kim)…” excuse me po”…..Sir, naka tulog po si Kim, na-aawa akong gigisinging pa.

 

Mrs. Chiu; …ok lang yaya…..let her sleep.

 

Mr. Chiu: Pare nakatulog pala si Kimmy ko….where’s Gerald anyway?

 

Mr. Anderson: Iwan ko nga….maybe just around playing with other kids. Akala ko nga nagkita na sila ni Kim, knowing Gerald, he can’t stay in one place, masyadong curious sa lahat na bagay.

 

Mr. Chiu: Gerald is very smart boy. For sure magka sundo sila ni Kimmy.

 

Gerald inside the mansion, looking / walking around while other guest busy talking / socializing:

 

Ate Anne: ( Kim’s eldest sister) Hi Ge, looks like you’re bored? Have you seen Kimmy yet? Where’s Ken? Your younger brother?

 

Gerald: not yet, but I’m going to see her…

 

Inya; ( Anne’s friend) ….hi handsome…what’s your name?

 

Gerald: I’m Gerald Anderson.

 

Inya:….uhmm…Gerald Anderson…the eldest son of Mr. Anderson…you’re so handsome. Can you be my boyfriend?

 

Gerlad: why how old are you?

 

Inya: I’m twenty one…how about you?

 

Gerald: I’m 10 years old.

 

Inya: Anne…look at him…he’s so cute…where's Kimmy...she should lock this boy before anyone still him from her.

 

Anne: ….laughing….as if you don’t know Kimmy…she doesn’t care…she is so young for that stuff.and beside; she is too busy catching butterfly…my sister is only 8 years old.

 

Bea & other Ladies in the room: as Gerald walk away….cute boy…lucky girls later to full inlove with him. Super cute, super matalino daw, super rich but looks like suplado nga lang.

 

Anne: Inya you’re so funny, you know my parents never naki alam sa love life; they really don’t care kung sino ang magustohan namin.

 

Inya: that’s the thing…your family are so nice that every one in our social circle wants to be hook-up with your family. Ang babait n’yo friend, from parents down to children, But one thing I noticed looks like the Anderson’s got all the Chiu’s. You know friend, if I don’t know your family better, I would think that The Anderson’s & Chiu’s family got all their children set-up for marriage. LOL….. Try to look at this. let’s start from your big bro. the very handsome Piolo Chiu, future Senator kung tawaging ng bayan ay Papa P, ang girlfriend ay the most smartest & prettiest international Model Angel Anderson Locsin, then there is you, Ms Anne Chiu ( soon be a doctor) , girlfriend of the most yummy hunk & smartest Dr. Sam Milby Anderson, then your Sister Bea Chiu, girlfriend of John Lloyd Anderson who is happened to be the crush ng buong school, then your brother Jake Chiu, who is exclusively dating the pretty & y Roxanne Anderson…kaya friend, I won’t wonder if your sister Kimmy will end up with the young Gerald Anderson, na kahit very young pa, alam natin that he is very smart and very handsome talaga…….see …got my point?....huwag mag deny…it’s all facts my friend!

 

Girls: agree kami d’yan, Anne

 

Anne :….( just laugh) let’s go na nga, I need to see Tita Vangie ( Gerald’s Mom). To say hello and to go back to my boyfriend before he think I’m ignoring Him.

 

Gerald: as he go around, he pass by one room, slightly open….ohm…let me see, I think this is Kimmy’s room…hello…hello…( while a beautiful girl sleeping wearing a white sleeping gown, she is so beautiful that she looks like an Angel)..Gerald walk-up close to her, looking at her, at his young age, he was mesmerized by Kimmy face…whispering to him self…” you’re so beautiful. Sweet dreams” he was about to climb the bed and wanted to kiss Kimmy…when….

 

Door: squeaking sounds… someone’s coming …opening the door.

 

Jake: (Kim’s 16 years old brother)...hi bro...I guess my sister sleep on you. Sorry Gerald, looks like Kimmy is tired. She sleeps like a log…I guess you’re so bored now…come I’ll play x-box 360 with you.

 

Gerald: no big deal, I guess she is really tired…let’s go play x-box.( As he is walking towards the door, he keep on looking back, hoping Kimmy will wake-up and see Jake kiss his sister)

 

Jake Chiu: I am almost 8 years older than her, so I watch her all the time when she is still a baby….you know we thought we are going to loose her when she was a baby, she got very sick. After that we are always very scared and very protective of her, we always make sure that she is okay all the time…your grandfather call her Miracle baby, He took good care of her, she was her last patient before He retired…that’s why your Family loves her so much, she is special to your parents and your grandparents….Oh… you’re parents didn’t tell you that?

 

Gerald: just rise his shoulder…and shake his head (nothing)…I know my parents are her godparents, that she’s our god sister that’s about it …….but she is ok now, right?. So, why need so much attention?

 

Jake: Oh yeah…maybe because she’s the youngest…that’s why…everybody treat her like a baby. OK, let's go and play whil party in the Chiu's mansion continue while Kim is sleeping and that was the last time Gerald was physically close to Kim. e your cousin Roxanne is not here yet.

 

The party in the Chiu's mansion continue while Kim is sleeping and that was the last time Gerald was physically close to Kim.