Escape from the misery

Good Riddance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey where are you going?” I said hazily as I tugged Taecyeon’s arm when I felt that he was about to leave the bed.

“I kind of have a schedule today” He said looking down at me.

“Where?” I groaned. “Krystal said you don’t have work today”

“Yeah I don’t have work but I need to go somewhere”

“Can you just stay please?” I begged.

“Jessica, I…”

“Please… for me”

“You know I don’t like it when you bat your eyelashes like that” He said while he kissed the top of my head. “I have to shower then” He said as he got up.

“But you will be staying right?” I asked to double check.

“Yeah”

I let out a sigh of relief as Taecyeon went to the shower, I got up and went to my room to shower to when I bumped into Krystal who has this huge grin on her face.

“So you two stayed in one room?” Krystal teased as she entered my room.

“Yeah but I assure you nothing happened” I defended.

“I know. You’re walking normal so nothing happened last night” Krystal said laughing as she left my room.

 

“Don’t you have to go to somewhere today, Taecyeon?” My mom asked as we sat around the dining table which my mom set up at the garden so we can enjoy the morning breeze as we eat our breakfast.

“Yeah I kind of canceled something today” Taecyeon said smiling.

“Isn’t he sweet? He canceled his schedule just so he can hang out with us?” I teased.

“So anyways, what was your canceled schedule then?” Mom asked.

“Just some classes” Taecyeon said as he sipped his coffee.

“Ah I almost forgot that you were accepted into graduate school” Dad said.

“What? You got accepted into graduate school?” I asked in awe.

“Oh my god, unnie” Krystal said as she threw a flower at me.

“What? This is the first time I’m hearing this” I said.

“Thank you so much for having such interest in my life” Taecyeon sarcastically said as he placed his hand on top of mine.

“Congratulations! So what are you taking?”

“International Studies and Business stuff”

“Oh my god, I feel so guilty asking you to skip class” I asked.

“Don’t worry Jessica, I’m famous for skipping my classes” Taecyeon said making everyone laugh.

“Yeah I remember what you told me oppa, when you were absent the entire semester and would only show up during exam days” Krystal said.

“Really?” said Mom.

“Yup oppa told me that. Did you even pass that subject?” Krystal asked.

“Of course” Taecyeon said cockily.

“Good for you” I said.

Breakfast had passed. I feel so close to Taecyeon again and distant at the same time. I found out that he constantly remain in contact with my family especially to Krystal and how often they meet to eat out together. I realized that I have missed out on a lot of things with my family, my members with the world. I was enclosed in a nutshell for a long time now. I have been absorbed in Tyler’s world that I have forgotten that I have also mine. I could only sigh and regret about those wasted times.

Krystal and Taecyeon would reminisce on their disaster shopping experience in Japan, while I can only listen and laugh along. I realized that I have not been able to be me in the past 2-3 years? I need to be Jessica again. After helping my mom clean the dishes I checked the front yard and see Krystal and Taecyeon eating ice cream sitting on the porch.

“Hey Jessica, join us” Taecyeon invited me.

“Looks like you two are bonding well” I said while taking a seat next to Taecyeon, who is now in between me and Krystal.

“Yeah, he has been a great brother figur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter