Evaluation

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 70

Evaluation

 

You were preparing lunch and stopped to stare on your phone, the screen was blank. No messages or calls from Taecyeon.

You took in a deep breath, catching yourself in waiting for a message from him for the umpteenth time since days.

A part of you wanted to reach out, take the initiative, be the bigger guy, but you had to remain steadfast, believing that he should be the first one to talk, since he was the one to get mad.

Though, you know how stubborn he can be, and that it may take a while before you get to hear from him.

You clutched your fists, staring at the screen, but pulled yourself together, and turned your phone over, so that you would not check it constantly.

What’s up with some of the men in my life? You grimaced.

You wondered about what was going on in Taecyeon’s mind. You really could not see the problem regarding why he was mad and disappointed in you.

Had he decided to give you the cold shoulder? is that why he will not text or call you? You wondered, putting your phone in the drawer, and turning it on mute.

His behavior reminded you of the time, when you first told him that you would be moving into Yongguk’s house for the adoption.

Back then he flipped out completely and turned cold, out of touch. It seemed like he was doing the same thing again.

Somehow, Soomin had managed to convince Taecyeon to get back inside the restaurant that evening, when he had walked out on you.

Did he really have to be this mad at you? Is it a sin liking someone? You tipped your head back, sighing out. He should be supporting you instead of being mad.

You had to stop checking for notifications from him every hour or so. You turned to the rice machine.

The rice was finished, and the side dishes were already prepared. All that was left was to call for Yongguk.

You had not spoken much with him either, not since you got tipsy and started to ask him questions regarding his personal life.

Though reality and common sense struck you, that you may be invading his privacy, and crossing the line, you eventually stopped yourself.

Albeit, deep down, you were still so eager to know about his personal life, so curious to know of his past, but he had walls built around him.

You clutched your fists to your sides, sighing deeply. You could not exactly ignore Yongguk or hide from him in this big household. Furthermore, when there are things that revolves Ki Joon, you need to talk to him.

You were raising a child with this hardheaded-stubborn man who is a toad. You took a step back, breathing in deeply. You had to go get him from his sacred studio.

Ki Joon was playing with Tigger in the backyard. Before getting Yongguk, you headed over to Ki Joon.

“Honey, come inside and wash up. Lunch is ready.” You announced.

“Yes.” He chimed.

The little boy quickly tossed the small blue ball from him, causing Tigger to run after it. You saw Ki Joon rush inside.

You stopped in your tracks, when you saw how fast he was running, and your eyes flickered to the cast on his arm. You reached your arms out with wide eyes.

“Hey, hey no rushing. Remember you have to be careful with that arm.” You pointed at his cast.

Ki Joon sighed, nodding, and slowed down. You shook your head with a stern look, when he gave you an innocent smile.

“You have to be careful. You will get the cast off soon, but you cannot play any wild games.” You told.

“I know.” He muffled quietly and walked past you.

Just as you made it to Yongguk’s studio, you took in a deep breath, placed your hands around your neck, breathed out. You could not understand why you were nervous.

You were acting way younger than your actual age. You stomped your feet on the ground, feeling your heart suddenly pound inside your chest.

The sudden image of Yongguk pressing his forehead on yours decided to pop out in your mind in this exact moment, making you groan in despair.

“I should not be this way.” You laughed at yourself.

You were just going to knock on the door after mustering your courage, when the doorbell rang, and your eyes instantly drifted in the direction to the hall. You rolled your eyes and groaned aloud at the bad timing.

You were about to bring Yongguk out of his sacred room and then someone had the nerve to interrupt you. Who could it be? You sighed in irritation but went to get the door.

You opened the door and stared out, eyes widening, dropping your jaw to the ground, taken back upon seeing this person, whom you had not seen for almost a year.

“Hello, Sera. It’s been a while. I am here for the evaluation of you and Yongguk as Ki Joon’s adoptive parents.” Mrs. Kim said with a wide smile on her face.

“I did not know you would be coming today.” You said, blinking your eyes a few times, staring at the older woman.

She laughed, shaking her shoulders, throwing her hands in the air, making you stare at her and possibly look even more confused and most likely like a complete unprepared fool.

“That’s the whole point of this visit, to visit the families unplanned, so we get to see a real picture of your new life as parents.” She said, smiling.

“One moment.” You forced a smile on your face and slammed the door shut.

You raced to Yongguk’s room in a flash, without any doubt or hesitation, you pulled the door handle down, rushing onto his room and stopping abruptly in the middle.

“Yongguk.” You burst out.  

He was jamming to a composed melody with headsets on, not listening or noticing you at all. His head and shoulders moved to the beat.

You rushed up to him, grabbed his shoulder, spun him around in his chair, forcing him to look up and meet your eyes.

His brows furrowed, and his jaw clenched. But those dark eyes pierced in yours. A pure look of irritation. He looked furious to be interrupted and in this way.

You could not comprehend that expression of his right now there were pressing matters outside at your front door.

“What are you doing?” He hissed annoyed as he plugged out his headsets.

“Come out now.” Your eyes were wide like saucers.

Instantly, he stood up from the chair, when he noticed your pale complexion. He looked around him in the room, but just for a split second and then his eyes locked with yours.

“What’s the matter? Where is Ki Joon. Is my boy, okay?” He spoke so fast in his deep earth-shakingly voice.

Your lips parted, a little sound escaped through your lips, but no words formed. He was about to run out of the studio before you could reply him properly, but you hurriedly grabbed his arm, and pulled him back to you. He froze, staring into your eyes, when you stopped him.

“Talk, Kwon.” He ordered.

“Nothing is wrong with Ki Joon.” You were jumping on your toes as you spoke not aware of how nervous you were.

His eyes flickered down your body hurriedly and back to your face, eyeing you intently as if he were checking to see if you were hurt anywhere. His brows furrowed in confusion.

“Is it you?” He grabbed your arm tightly, spun you around examining your body.

He looked intently at you, down your arms, your legs, and his eyes almost scanned every part of your body.

Even in this moment, your face began to heat up, your cheeks slowly turned warm, your skin began to prickle, and every nerve in your body felt ten times more sensitive.

You could feel that your face was slowly flushing up in his presence. His face hardened even more. He clenched his jaw upon not seeing any visible wound on your body.

His hands then rushed up, cupping your cheeks in his palms. He squeezed your face in his big palms very tightly, surprising you.

Though your body stiffened, your knees began to melt in an instant turning in jelly. His hands were so cold and the cooling effect it gave made you slowly ease up and melt like butter.

His eyes seemed to get deeper into yours. He gazed deeply into your eyes almost as if he were searching for the answer. You became butter in his hold.

“Are you okay? Why do you seem panicked, Kwon?” He asked as he leaned closer to you, making the gap between you smaller.

His eyes narrowed by a millimeter, making those sharp eyes appear much more powerful. You were taken back at this side of him.

Seeing him act this way, as if he were scared for you and as if he cared for you. It made your heart do a spin whilst it was anxiously jumping inside your chest.

“Talk Kwon.” His voice was low, husky and yet so demanding. He spoke in that deep and low tone.

“Nothing is wrong with me.” You breathed out.

Not a second passed by, his hands flew back and down to his sides. You took notice of how he clenched his fists.

You blinked your eyes and scrunched your face at his sudden hostility. Though you gathered yourself before he could notice any change in your behavior.

He stepped back so fast, you thought he touched something toxic or fire and burned his hands. You looked at him with that blank expression.

He rubbed his palm with his thumb, and was suddenly quiet, just rubbing his palms after having touched your face. Then he moved his hand to his neck, rubbing his skin gently.

You looked at him, wondering if he regretted touching your skin. Your lips parted, you wanted to ask him whether he felt insulted since he acted that way, but then he slowly looked up and met your gaze, and you pursed your lips.  

“Then why are you on an edge?” He asked in an irritated deep tone.

You wanted to punch him because of what he was doing now, what he made you think, and for talking back in an annoyed tone. But now was not the time. You took in a deep breath, calming yourself.

“It’s Mrs. Kim, she’s outside.” You told.

He furrowed his brows upon hearing that name after so long and he tipped his head a bit to the side, thinking for a moment.

You pointed out in the direction of the hall. His eyes slightly widened when it dawned on him. He still looked so calm, just so calm like the soothing breeze on a warm summer day.

“She’s here for an evaluation.” He said, ever so nonchalantly.

“You remember that?” You asked.

“I said in the files that they will show up announced one day, didn’t you read that part?” He asked with knitted brows, and you pursed your lips, staring into his eyes.

“I must have forgotten about it. Besides, I don’t like reading it and you know how I feel.” You said as your eyes drifted away from his and your voice somehow turned small.

Yongguk stepped towards you, his hands came back to your face, cupping your cheeks in his big cold palms, squeezing them together but with a milder touch this time. His eyes were so intense, making you hold his gaze.  

“Have you ever not supported Ki Joon, done your best to make him get settled in this new environment, make him happy? Do you think you are doing a bad job as his mother?” He asked.

He breathed out heavily, staring into your eyes, and somehow his hands squeezed your face just a little more, making your heart race madly inside your chest.

You did not get why he asked those questions so out of the blue, you were taken back and felt puzzled as to what you should reply him. You shook your head.

He breathed deeply, straightened his posture, looked at you even more intently, waiting for you to say it.

“No, I am not a bad mom to Ki Joon. I’m doing my best for him.” You told firmly.

“Then you got no reason to be afraid of this evaluation. Although, I don’t think you should have left her outside.” He said, causing you to frown at the latter part.

Your lips parted, and your eyes widened, when you thought of the possibility of having messed up this evaluation already.

“Oops.” You blurted out.

Before you could say anything in your defense on why you had left Mrs. Kim outside at your front door, he took hold of your hand and walked out of his studio. 

“Where’s the kid?” He asked on his way out.

“He’s upstairs to wash up for lunch.” You answered.

“Okay.” He replied in a softer tone, yet the depth in it was clear.

Taking you back further by squeezing your hand, which made you feel your heart ease a bit and stop spinning, but you were still nervous.

You hated being unprepared and this, how he could make you be mad one moment, and the next calm.

“Just stay calm, and don’t look too nervous.” He told.

You looked at him with a hard expression. You could feel your facial muscles tensing, and your jaw that was clenched. You inhaled and exhaled deeply.

“So easy for you to say.” You forced a little laugh, and then he stopped, turned you around and gazed into your eyes.

“Just stay beside me and try to answer her questions sensibly. You know what to do.” He told, his tone went a lot deeper, and you nodded.

Just as you stopped at the door, he turned around, looking at you once more and with a firm expression.

You were about to open your mouth, to assure him that you would be ready, though you were not prepared for this sudden visit.

Much to your surprise, he reached his hand out, moved it down your hair, your hair so gently it made your heart make a weird motion, something moved within you.

You looked into his eyes as he caressed your hair. A moment ago, he was so angry and irritated at you for barging into his studio and disturbing him. But now this. It was hard to keep up with his moods.  

Then he retrieved and opened the door without saying anything after that one little caring and soft gesture. You were too busy to even question why he did that.

Your eyes fell upon the older lady who stood outside. She seemed a bit annoyed and had a hard look on her face, when she saw you, but then her eyes drifted to Yongguk, becoming wider and clear like crystals, and a smile spread on her face.

“Mrs. Kim. It’s so nice to see you. Sera got a bit flustered. She was worried about her outfit.  But I let her know that she looks pretty and does not have to get changed. I’m so sorry she left you waiting outside, please come in.” He spoke so softly in that deep voice of his.

What a lie he told. It deserved an Oscar. He could have convinced you as well. You kept a straight face, though you were surprised at how he smoothly swept the issue away under the carpet.  

The older woman began to laugh, brushing it off and shaking her hand. You looked up at Yongguk’s face, surprised at the white lie he told the older woman. 

He looked at Mrs. Kim, smiling so brightly, his gums showed and even his eyes beamed. The older woman could not resist that bright-gummy smile of his and giggled softly.

Yongguk tugged your hand as you had been quiet for some time, and you forced a laughter, nodding, agreeing to Yongguk’s words.

“It was so silly of me. I’m so sorry.” You admitted.

He really did save you right now. You wondered how he could switch with his personalities like that.

Might be because he is a professional businessman and knows how to talk with people, strike a deal, how to come up with ideas, he was such a problem solver, so logical.

“Don’t worry about it. I often get this reaction, so I am totally used to it.” She giggled as she stepped inside the house. Immediately, she looked around her and gasped in awe.

“Oh my. I could tell from outside that the house is big, but inside is something else. It is really beautiful.” She said in a high-pitched voice.

“I bought the house solely for the lighting. Its’s really beautiful during the morning when the run rises and in the evening when the sun sets. The room lights up.” Yongguk’s voice was rather smooth as he explained things.

“I can imagine.” She told.

Her reaction of the house reminded you a bit of yours when you first laid your foot inside this glass mansion. You were mesmerized back then. Truthfully, you still felt this way.

“Where is my little Ki Joon. I haven’t seen him in so long.” She asked, blinking her eyes as she looked around for him.

“He is upstairs. We were about to have lunch.” You said without thinking it through.

“Oh, I guess I came at a bad time.” She said in a tone that seemed to have guilt in it.

“No, no. It’s completely fine.” Yongguk broke out.

“It is totally fine.” You quickly assured her as well, and bit onto your lip.

Yongguk gave your hand a tight squeeze and stared intensely into your eyes once Mrs. Kim turned her eyes towards the backyard.

“Don’t say anything stupid.” He warned in a low tone.

“Oops.” You said in a small and light voice with big- worried eyes as he gazed into your eyes with that hard expression which could make you turn into granite.

“Oops?” He repeated as his face hardened even more.

Then you slapped your mouth gently for saying that without processing the words first, scolding yourself, and biting onto your bottom lip.

His eyes drifted down to your lips, and then he clenched his jaw, looking away and letting go of your hand.

“Ki Joon.” Yongguk called out.

“Yes!”

The little boy came rushing when he heard his father calling for him. He looked neat. It was the first thing you looked after.

His clothes were thankfully clean, not that he ever wears dirty clothes or clothes with holes in. But just today, your eyes were scanning everything. His hair was brushed and pushed back. You sighed of relief. Everything had to be perfect.

“Mrs. Kim, is that you?” Ki Joon let out a squeal when he noticed his old caretaker from the orphan, whom he had not seen for months.

Ki Joon ran as fast as he could over to the older woman, who ones used to be his caretaker. She let out a squeal in a high voice when she saw the little boy.

Ki Joon rushed into her arms, hugging her so tightly. You had never seen Ki Joon hug anyone like this before nor with this kind of longing.

Your eyes drifted to Yongguk, who folded his arms over his chest with a smile on his face as he looked at his son.

All you could think of was the fact that in just a second, Mrs. Kim would discover the cast on Ki Joon’s arm.

What would she possibly think? Your mind began to spin. She would make you unqualified as parents, and she will think you are bad parents.

Oh no, no. What if she thinks it happened at our home, or outside in our presence, because we were not paying attention on him, or what if she thinks that we picked out a bad kindergarten for him and blames us for this.

Your mind was tripping, and it seemed like Yongguk caught notice of it as you spaced off, because he managed to grab your hand. He squeezed your hand again and diverted your thoughts.

“Calm down, Kwon.” He whispered in a small, yet low and husky tone.

You met his gaze briefly, unable to read his blank look, though his eyes pierced in yours, and you simply nodded.

Your gaze drifted back to the woman, who had finally seen the cast on Ki Joon’s wrist, and she let out a surprised gasp. For a moment, you held in your breath.

“Ki Joon-ah, what happened to your arm? Did you fall because you have been playing too wildly?” She asked, “Ow, ow, it looks painful.” Making painful sounds as she held his broken wrist in her hand.

“I fell off a slide on a trip with my kindergarten and it rained.” Ki Joon told, nodding when she looked at him surprised.

“Oh, how unfortunate. The slide must have been slippery?” She asked, and he nodded.

“I moved too fast at the top.. and- and it was so high.. I cried a lot, and now I have this cast on and I want to do things, like put my clothes on myself, but I need help and I hate it. Because I am a big boy now.” He scrunched his face and huffed out in annoyance at the latter part.

Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened, but she smiled, suppressing her laughter at how the kid was so expressive with his words and emotions.

However, you were just so taken back at the fact that Ki Joon spoke so fast, and he said so many things and made such a long sentence with breaks in between.

He is usually not that talkative. It showed how close he is to Mrs. Kim that even after so long, he dared to open up to her and he remembered her.

“I’ve missed you, Mrs. Kim.” He said.

“Oh, my dear. I’ve missed you too.” She said as she patted his head.

“Do you want to write your name on my cast?” He asked as he fluttered his lashes.

“I would love that.” She said and hurriedly brought out a pen from her bag. “I can see that many have written on your cast. You must be loved by a lot of people.” Her voice somehow became small, and she started to write her name on his cast.

You felt a sudden pang of pain in your chest. You could see some sorrow in her eyes as she was reminiscing the days when Ki Joon had been lonely at that orphanage. You bit on your lip that suddenly trembled.

But the little boy just giggled happily, even though he was the one who went through the most painful thing in the world at such a young age, when even he cannot understand what is happening around him. You placed your hand on your chest, breathing deeply.  

“Some of my uncles wrote on my cast. I have so many uncles.” He emphasized each word and said it proudly.

“Really, what are their names?” Mrs. Kim asked with a smile.

Ki Joon’s eyes drifted to the ceiling as he was pondering about it with his lips puckered, but shortly after a smile formed on his face.

“It’s, uncle Himchan, Junhong, Youngjae, Jongup, Daehyun, uncle Hyuk, uncle Yongnam, uncle Taecyeon. I got so many uncles.” He said as he counted his fingers and he stepped closer to her. “I have eight uncles.” His mouth opened in shock.  Mrs. Kim looked at the kid quietly with a small smile on her face.

Ki Joon really named each one of them, not missing anyone. Yongguk’s best friends, his brother, your brother, and your best friend.

“That’s a lot of uncles.” She said, and he nodded. “Do you like them?” She asked.

“Yes. They are the best!” He squealed.

You felt your heart tugging again. Your eyes started to become clear, watery and you took in a deep shaking breath. You were not about to cry here.

“But uncle Himchan is really funny. I and make him think I don’t like him.” He covered his palm, giggling at the little secret which he revealed to Mrs. Kim.

This kid was such a genius. He really fooled Himchan. Mrs. Kim laughed. You could not hide your smile, and you looked to your side, seeing Yongguk smiling whilst looking at the kid as he had his arms folded over his chest.

“Don’t tell uncle Himchan that.” Ki Joon said as he looked at Yongguk, and the latter nodded.

“Oh, are you a little naughty?” Mrs. Kim asked, and Ki Joon laughed.

“And I love playing games with uncle Jongup and Junhong. They are the funniest.” He added, and the older woman’s eyes brightened.

“Uncle Taecyeon buys me ice creams, and uncle Hyuk lets me sit on his shoulders.” He added.

Your eyes drifted down to your hand when you felt a sudden tug. Yongguk’s hand squeezed yours quite hard. You looked up at him, noticing that he was holding your hand suddenly.

His face was hard as granite as he looked at the two in front of him. You blinked your eyes, quietly looking at him as he observed Ki Joon.

“That’s so good. I am so-so happy for you, my boy. You can go on and play again. I need to talk with the adults.” She said, and he hugged her once more before he rushed off to play.

She turned to look at the pair of you, and Yongguk let go of your hand quickly. He cleared his throat and straightened his posture.

She opened her black shoulder bag, took out a notebook and a pen. She opened her book and began to write something.

She looked at you. You blinked your eyes, looking at her, becoming curious at her notes and as to why she looked at you.

Was she writing about the tears in your eyes? Perhaps that you were too emotional? That you shut the door on her earlier?

This evaluation was already a torture. She cleared , closed the notebook, and walked up to the pair of you. You gathered yourself as she stopped in front of you with a plain look on her face.

“I was thinking if you could give me a little tour of the house. I’d like to see Ki Joon’s room and see what options he has.” She told.

“Yes, of course.” Yongguk said and led the way.

You hoped that Ki Joon had cleaned up his room and put his toys in place after using them. Though, none of it probably mattered.

Because you know that it is not a problem that kids mess, that is how kids are, but you were just overthinking because of this evaluation. Even the most trivial things suddenly mattered and made you nervous.

~❋~

Unfortunately, Hulk had visited Ki Joon’s room and made sure to trash everything. You dropped your jaw, but quickly fixed your expression, looking indifferent.  

It seemed as if there had been a whole battle in here with the Avengers like in Civil War. You ran your hand along your face, keeping in your sigh and regrets of not checking up on his room earlier.

It was too late to regret that you had not checked up on his room this morning or cleaned up.

Yongguk on the other hand just looked so unfazed by all the mess here. He looked so calm like Buddha. He seemed cool about it like it was no issue.

Maybe he did not overthink like you. He did not overthink. He was not an over-thinker at all. He was the opposite of you. He is hardheaded, made of rocks.

“Oh wow, he has a lot of toys.” Mrs. Kim gasped.

Somehow, you had expected her to mention the mess, but she did not say it, at least for now. You rubbed your forehead, forcing a laughter, but you could only see the mess in the room.

“We give him a lot of things, but sometimes, we have to say no to him. Because we do not want to make him into this spoiled kid, because that will not be good. You know what can happen with spoiled kids.” You laughed, wavering your hand indifferently.

Mrs. Kim turned to look at you with an unreadable expression as she opened her book again, noting something down with her pen.

Your eyes widened, wondering about whether you had just made another mistake. You looked over at Yongguk for confirmation, and his eyes bored in yours. You did, right?

“Try to word your words differently, Kwon.” He said in a low tone.

“I did not mean to make it sound negative.” You sighed quietly, and he breathed deeply next to you.

“Don’t be so serious.” He said.

“I try.” You whispered.

You wanted this meeting to end now. You walked away from Yongguk, paced back and forth as Mrs. Kim was inspecting Ki Joon’s room.

“In the past, Ki Joon used to talk a lot about superheroes, now he has a lot of figures. I think he has them all.” She spoke.

“Yes, he loves Marvel so much.” You responded.

“We really try to give him what he needs, but also what he wishes to have, so that he does not feel like he lacks anything in his life or that he is any different compared to other kids of his age.” Yongguk mentioned.

“Hmm.” Mrs. Kim cooed, nodding.

“And of course, we buy him toys with the mindset of not making him take things for granted in life. We also need to set boundaries for him. It is an important moral for us. This is what Sera wanted to point out earlier.” He added.

Yongguk explained what you had wanted to say with such an eloquent way that Mrs. Kim looked up at him with a look of interest in her eyes and she smiled.

His words went straight to your little heart. His wise words and smart brain made your heart tighten and jump a little.

Though all he did was say what was on your mind, which you could have said yourself if you were not this nervous right now.

You looked up at him, caught his eyes on you, and judging by the smirk on his face, he knew he had said something very smart to Mrs. Kim.

He gave you a cocky wink and a confident smile discreetly. You gave him a discreet thumbs up and a proud smile to affirm his great speech.

He looked into your eyes as his grin faded, and his face became granite hard, but you fluttered your lashes, smiling at him, ignoring his cold look. He deserved a smile from you, but he looked like a statue.

You broke off your stare and looked at Mrs. Kim. She opened her book again and noted something once again.

This time you felt more at ease, but you wanted to know what she was writing. You stared at the book, and Yongguk was looking at you.

You exchanged gazes, and he shook his head, when he read your mind. His gaze was intense filled with a clear warning, which you brushed off.

“Don’t move, woman.” He said in a low voice, but you shook your head, walking away from him.

Yongguk reached his hand out quickly, noticing what you were up to, and he tried to grab onto your arm to pull you back, but you patted his hand off from you. He grunted deeply, giving up as he was in no position to cause a scene.

You walked towards Mrs, Kim from behind her, staring at the book in her hand, wanting to get a quick peek of her notes discreetly as she looked at Ki Joon’s shelf with his toys and pictures. If you were quick enough, she would not know. You tiptoed closer to her.

You could feel Yongguk’s eyes burning through your skull. Then he cleared his throat to get your attention, but you ignored him and continued towards the woman.

You shook your head at him, and he gritted his teeth. You moved your lips, mimicking words back at him, and he clenched his jaw, looking at you helplessly.

You noticed his chest move, appearing hard as he was breathing deeply. He seemed nervous. It was fun. You scrunched your face at him, knowing he would be annoyed by it and his face hardened.

You peeked at her book, squinted your eyes to read the notes. However, she made a quick turn, so you ushered away from her, bending down, picking up toys from the floor, pretending to clean up and put Ki Joon’s toys back into the boxes.

Regrettably, you did not manage to get a look of her notes. You looked up at Yongguk with a stuffed Tigger in your hand. He was staring at you as if you were a kid that had done something naughty.

“What?” You mouthed at him, when you walked towards him.

“Don’t try to make any numbers, Kwon.” He rolled his eyes, irritated to the bone, but you smiled, nonetheless, because you enjoyed seeing him so bugged out.

“I was so close.” You said, and he gave you a brooding stare.

“Are there other rooms that I must, see?” She asked.

“The whole house.” Yongguk said and his facial expressions changed, becoming much brighter, and led her out of the room.

He showed her the bathroom, and Mrs. Kim noted things on her dark blue notebook. You played idly with your hair strands. This was nerve wrecking.

“Is that stool for Ki Joon?” She asked, when she looked at the black tall stool in front of the sink.

“Yes, we bought it so Ki Joon can reach the sink.” You pointed out, and she nodded with a smile on her face, and you frowned upon seeing a smile on her face.

“You only have one bathroom in this house?” She asked as she looked between the two of you, and Yongguk nodded. “That’s surprising since this house is so big.” She added, and Yongguk agreed.

“It works well for us. Although sometimes Sera and I teasingly argue about who gets to wash up or shower first.” He mentioned as he looked at you, and you rubbed the back of your neck, feeling your skin prickle.

“Oh.” She laughed.

Frankly, that was not a lie, and the older woman giggled at his words, not asking further questions on that matter. Your eyes drifted to Yongguk, thinking to yourself about how he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter