The First Time Out

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 6

The First Time Out

A few days passed since Ki Joon moved into the house, and started living with you. Everything seemed fine so far and.

During Yongguk’s work time, you and the little boy would watch movies, paint, read books, and learn new words. You had sort of home classes with him. Ki Joon was a fairly fast learner, but he was still quiet.

You had planned to take Ki Joon out today, to see the city a bit, and play, in hopes that he would speak up more, and crack his shell.

You wanted him to slowly open up, and not be shy, or scared. The little boy started to say more things as he was slowly opening up to you, and Yongguk. However, he was still very quiet, and shy. It was alright that he was shy, but he needed to talk more.

Most of the time he would be playing in his room, and if he needed anything, he would come to you, tug on your shirt, and drag you with him.

He was special in his own way, a very kind, and sweet kid, who needed much love, and care. Ki Joon was playing with his cars as you were looking through his closet.

The weather was warm, the sun was shining brightly, and it was slightly humid outside. Hence, you decided to give him blue shorts, and a white t-shirt with a matching white cap.

“Ki Joon-ie, are you looking forward to come out, and play?” You asked, initiating a conversation with the kid, and he nodded

“Yes.” He squealed in his bright tone, and the excitement was clear, making you smile.

The boy walked up to you, and tugged on your shirt as he looked into your eyes with his big eyes. His eyes sparkled, looking full of questions.

“What is it my dear?” You asked as you squatted down, and held his small and soft hand in yours.

“Can Yongguk come also?” The little boy asked, and you got surprised to hear him say that.

Yongguk was rushed off to work, because of some important meeting, and you didn’t know how long that meeting would last.

It was the first time Ki Joon showed so much interest, and excitement, and you really didn’t want to let him down. He looked up and into your eyes, waiting for an answer.

You smiled to the little boy, and nodded. Now all that was left was to try to persuade Yongguk into come home.

The little boy began to play his game, and you pulled your phone out, and gazed at the screen for a moment.

It was still weird to you, calling him, and speaking with him on the phone. You sighed, and finally called him. Seconds went by as you waited for him to pick.

“Hello.” The deep tone broke the silence, and you stiffened upon hearing his ocean deep voice.

Your heart began to pound quickly, and you wondered about how you should explain it to him. You glanced towards Ki Joon, who was playing quietly by himself.

“Wait a second.” You quickly told him.

“Ki Joon-ie, I’m out in the hallway, call me if you need me.” You said, and the little boy nodded.

You went out to talk to Yongguk in private, and left the door ajar. You leaned against the wall, and breathed deeply. This wasn’t as easy, as it seemed.

“Are you there, Kwon?” He asked in the phone, and he sounded a bit irritated now.

“Yeah, sorry. What are you doing?” You asked him.

Yongguk on the other line shook his head, he wondered why you were asking him that.

“I’m working, of course.” He said dryly, and sounded a little off.

You could hear by his tone that he didn’t want to speak to you right now, and you tightened your grip on your phone. You sighed, and tried to stay calm, because you were doing this for Ki Joon. You had to put up with him for Ki Joon. You reminded yourself.

“Sorry if I’m disturbing you, but the little one wants to bring you along. We are going out today.” You said.

Yongguk sighed in the other line.

“I can’t, I’m at a meeting, Kwon, and you know that.” He said.

“He asked for you himself.” You told, and in a firmer tone, and it became silent in the other line.

“Did he say that?” Yongguk asked. He suddenly sounded surprised, and you walked further down the hallway, and spoke.

“Yes, he said he wanted Yongguk to come.” You explained.

“Wow.” Yongguk gasped.

“It’s the first time he’s asking this, so please.” You pleaded Yongguk. “He hasn’t made such an initiation before, and it’s such an improvement.”

Yongguk placed the papers he was working on from him on the desk, and rubbed his forehead. He really wanted to be with Ki Joon right now more than being a work

“It’s for him.” You said, and your voice unknowingly became softer. Yongguk could hear how much you wanted this for Ki Joon.

“Alright, ill finish up quickly, and be there as soon as possible.” He breathed out deeply.

“Thanks.” You said sincerely.

“No worries. Ki Joon wants me.” He said, nonchalantly, and hung up.

You walked back into Ki Joon’s playroom, and saw the kid was still playing diligently with his toys.

“Ki Joon-ah, Yongguk says that he will come along today.” You said as you tapped his back, and the boy got happy.

“Yay.” He exclaimed, and you giggled at his cute antics.

~❋~

The car pulled in, in the garage, and he closed the engine. He stepped out of the car. Yongguk finished some of his work quickly, because you had called him to come out with you, and the kid.

Yongguk couldn’t say no to this as the boy himself had asked for him. He opened the door, and walked into the house.

It was your first time going out as the three of you. Somehow, you were excited, and yet a bit nervous.

All due to the fact that Yongguk would be with the two of you, and you hadn’t been out with him before.

You couldn’t help but to wonder about how he would be in public. You shook your head at the thoughts, now knowing why you even thought about such a trivial thing. Luckily, the weather was nice. You glanced outside the window of your room, checking the weather.

You decided to wear a peach colored summer dress, it had a square neck, it was tight from the top, and loose from the waist. It had a brown belt around your slim waist.

It was a knee length dress, and the fabric was light. You decided to wear some sandals that went well with the dress.

In case it would get chilly outside, you brought a cardigan with you, and your bag, of course with things for Ki Joon in it.

Yongguk saw Ki Joon sitting on the couch, and playing with his car toys diligently, but you were nowhere to be seen, or near the boy. He furrowed his brows as he searched for you around the living room.

“Joon-ie, where is Sera?” The male asked the little boy, and he pointed towards the stairs.

Yongguk immediately strode towards the stairs and to your room. He wondered how long the kid had been sitting alone in the living room while you were upstairs.

He got in front of your door, and noticed that it was slightly ajar, and he decided to knock. You were in the middle of putting sunblock on your legs, when it suddenly knocked on your door.

“Come in. I left the door open for you Ki...” You didn’t finish your sentence as you saw, who was standing in front of your door.

Hastily you tugged your dress down your thighs, and pulled your leg down from the bed. You stood frozen, and your cheeks heated up, flushing slightly.

You saw Yongguk staring you down with his dark piercing eyes. He didn’t seem as happy as you saw the frown on his face. His face was stone hard, and rigid.

What now?

Yongguk froze for a second once he saw you applying sunblock on your thighs. He averted his looks.

What was this woman thinking, when she left the door open?

There was a moment of silence as the both of you gazed at each other, and you noticed that his cheeks had turned slightly red. You furrowed your brows.

You hadn’t seen him since the since the morning, because he had left early for that meeting, and he didn’t seem tired at all, despite the fact that you made him leave work earlier.

Yongguk was in jeans that were ripped on the knees, and he wore a plain t-shirt. Yet he had that aura around him, and you couldn’t put words on what it was, but it made your insides twist. He was indeed really handsome.

He coughed dryly, and finally spoke.

“Ki Joon is alone downstairs.” He said. His voice was gruff, and cold, and you looked confused at him.

The little boy was in his room just a few minutes ago. You had applied sunblock on him, and decided to go into your room to do it on yourself as well.

“Calm down.” You said as you saw how he was staring you down with his sharp, and enticing deep eyes.

“It’s not like he will escape.” You hissed, and he sighed heavily.

"Come down, when you’re done.” He hissed.

He shook his head, and walked out, closing your door after him. You looked at the door, dumfounded at how he could get so angry, when nothing had happened. In just a matter of seconds he had ruined your mood.

Yongguk stood in the hallway, shaking his head as he got the image of your legs in his mind all of a sudden. He groaned.

Yongguk went to the little boy, and sat down beside him. He was into his game, and didn’t move an inch, when he sat down bedside him.

“Ki Joon- ah, have you been here alone for a long time?” Yongguk asked the little boy.

“No.” He said, and blinked his eyes at Yongguk, looking confused at him.

The kid showed his arm to the young man, and he noticed the sunblock on him was still greasy. Yongguk started feeling guilty, because he got mad at you.

He realized that the kid had just gotten sunblock on him, and it was still not dry, which means that he couldn’t have been alone for that long after all.

“Whatever.” He told himself. You were a stubborn woman anyways.

A few minutes later, you walked down into the living room, and noticed the two of them were chatting.

Yongguk heard your footsteps, and turned around to look at you. He finally got a full view of you. You were wearing a simple peach colored dress with sandals, and you had a bag on your shoulder.

Your hair was loose, and down to your waist. He thought that you looked rather appealing in your simple dress.

However, that’s something he would never admit you. Yongguk moved his gaze away from you. He clenched his jaw, and breathed sharply.

“Seems like we can finally go now Ki Joon- ah.” The male said as he held the boy’s arm, and walked past you, and towards the car.

You rolled your eyes at his comment, and followed him along to the car. Yongguk was about to put the seatbelt on Ki Joon, but you grabbed his arm, and stopped him.

“I’ll do it.” You said nonchalantly.

Yongguk nodded, pulled back, and went to sit in the driver’s seat. He waited to drive as you were putting the seatbelt on Ki Joon, and made sure he sat comfortably. Once you were done he spoke.

“Alright Kwon, what’s your plans?” He asked.

“Take us to the mall. I want to buy him clothes for when your family comes.” You said, and he nodded.

The loud engine roared, and pulled the car out of the garage. He drove out of the area.

Throughout the whole ride, you were silent, and you would only speak to Ki Joon. Yongguk sensed it, and sighed. You were completely ignoring him

He knew he had ruined your mood, because he snapped at you the minute he saw you. But he didn’t want to apologize, he didn’t even know how to.

~❋~

The car pulled in the parking lot, and you unbuckled yours, and Ki Joon’s seat belt. You held the little boy’s hand as you walked in the mall with Yongguk behind you.

The little boy seemed so thrilled to see the different shops, and especially the ones with toys. You told Ki Joon that you would buy him a car, once you had bought some clothes for him, and he nodded, happily.

The three of you went into a children’s clothing store, and looked for his clothes. You noticed that Yongguk was also putting a hand into this. He was looking for some nice, and decent clothes for Ki Joon.

You found a blue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter