Heartfelt

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 45

Heartfelt

 

As soon as your alarm buzzed, you shut it off and got out of the bed. This day, you made sure to be to extra quiet.

You couldn’t risk waking Yongguk, making him become grumpy again. You just can’t deal with a grumpy Yongguk in the morning.

You picked a dress from the closet, placed it on the chair, and rushed off to the bathroom to take a quick shower. It was soon seven am. Time often seemed to go by fast in the mornings.

Before heading to the bathroom, you peeked into Ki Joon’s room to check if he was awake. Luckily, he was still asleep. This meant you could use this time to get quickly ready.

You were under the shower head, and you had probably been in the shower for fifteen minutes, when you heard footsteps from the corridor. You tensed up and stopped washing your hair. There was still some shampoo left in your hair.

You turned off faucet, the water stopped falling, and you listened to the sounds from outside. The water rushed to the pipe and it was currently the only sound that you could hear. Just as you were about to turn on the faucet, a knock came from the door and you stiffened.

“Ki Joon?” You called out.

“It’s me.”

The deep voice, low and husky made you almost jump. You gripped the faucet and gazed out at the dark shower curtains.

“What is it?” You asked.

“Are you showering?” He asked.

“Yes.” You quickly replied.

“Have you pulled the curtains?” He asked.

You furrowed your brows. “Yes.” You told in a firm tone.

“I’m coming in to wash up.” He said and before you could protest, you heard the door open.

He cleared his throat, and you were about to flip out, but you couldn’t do anything. Then you heard the water run in the sink.

“What are you doing in here?” You asked.

“I can’t afford to run late. I told you last night that we will go to Ki Joon’s kindergarten together, so I had to be up earlier.” He explained.

It made sense now. You quieted, the faucet, and began to wash the shampoo out of your hair.

It was weird, knowing he was just outside, some centimeters away. You couldn’t see him as the curtains were black. 

You heard him brush his teeth now, and a small smile formed on your face, when he gurgled and spat out water and continued brushing his teeth. You closed your eyes and focused on getting the shampoo out of your long and thick hair.

By the time you had washed your hair, you were done showering, and needed to step out of the shower, but Yongguk was still inside.

“Ehh.. hmm..” You cleared your throat. “Are you still there?” You finally asked, knowing he was there, but you just didn’t know how to ask for his help. 

“Yes.” He replied.

You bit on your bottom lip and became silent.

“Do you need something?” He asked.

“Yes, a towel, please.” You said in a small tone.

Then you heard him walk, open the closet where the towels are, and you sighed of relief. You could hear him walk towards you, but you couldn’t see anything through the curtains. He cleared his throat loudly and the sound came from in front of you.

“I’ve closed my eyes.” He said, and then you saw him reach his hand out to the other end, through the curtains with the towel and he waited till you took the towel from him.

You smiled to yourself and grabbed the towel from him. He pulled his hand back instantly and headed back to the sink.

“Thanks.” You said.

“No problem.” He said in a low tone.

You wrapped the towel tightly around your body. Then you breathed in deeply. You had to walk out of the shower with only a towel on. But why was your heart unnecessarily jumping so wildly inside your chest?

You could feel your heart hammer against your chest. You paced around in the little shower space and felt panicky.

Why am I thinking too much, when he obviously just thinks I am a potato? You shook your head, mentally counted to three and stepped out of the shower.

Instinctively your eyes fell upon him, and you blinked your eyes a couple of times, when you saw the shaving foam on his face and a razor in his hand. He had the razor to his chin.

He was shaving. You stood still for a few seconds, somehow looking at him. Water dripped from your curls and fell to your bare shoulders. The water already felt cold.  

Yongguk looked away and at the mirror in front of him, with the razor in hand, he reached it to his chin about to shave. You took another step, but froze, when you heard Yongguk hiss.

Your eyes fell upon him and you gasped, when you saw stains of blood drip onto the sink from his chin. Without a second thought, you rushed up to him, and he dropped his razor in the sink.

“Damn it.” He cursed.

“Oh my God, you cut yourself!” You gasped with wide eyes as you stared at his cut.

You didn’t hesitate, you grabbed a towel from the rack and reached it up to him. You wiped off the foam from his face. He stood stiff, staring at you.

“What are you doing?” He grunted.

“Hurry up and get the foam off. It will sting on your wound.” You said in a panicked tone.

“It’s okay.” He said with a hard look and his eyes bore in yours. He didn’t blink. He looked stiff.

“Wash the foam off.” You ordered.

“I said its okay.” He repeated in a deeper tone, and he gripped your wrist, making you wonder how his voice could possibly turn deeper.

You stiffened, when you realized just how close you stood to this hard man. Dangerously close. Suddenly you felt so self-conscious because you were only dressed in a towel. You took a step back. Right then, your face began to heat up.

“Go put on some clothes.” He breathed sharply.

You didn’t argue further. You nodded and spun around, ready to run off, when he cleared his throat, making you stop.

“When you’ve dressed, come back here and help me with this.” He said, and you turned around to look at him.

You stared at him for a while, simply letting your brain process the words he had just uttered to you, which left you momentarily speechless. He wanted your help after all.

But then you saw the bloodstains on his face and ran off to get dressed. There was no time to waste. You didn’t know what it was, probably instincts, like motherly-instincts that made you hurry up.

You hadn’t dressed this fast before, and you were quickly back to the bathroom. Yongguk was still standing in front of the sink.

He had washed off the foam from his face, and pressed a piece of paper to his chin, where he happened to still bleed.

The paper had red blood stains on it. You stepped towards him. He tilted his head to the side and looked at you.

For a moment, you saw how his eyes drifted down and up your body. You stood, feeling tense, and stared at him, not knowing where to begin.

His eyes fell upon your black dress with white polka dots, usually you aren’t fond of polka dots, but it matched well with this dress.

Yongguk reached his hand out to you, handing you his shaving cream with one hand and kept the other pressed on his wound. You took the foam from him and applied some on your palm.

“Do you know how to do this? Because I don’t want to lose more blood today.” He said, and you sighed deeply.

“I have a little brother, Hyuk, you know? I used to shave him sometimes, when he first started to grow facial hair and became a young man. He had a period where he didn’t want to shave, and he didn’t look that good on him, so I shaved him whilst he slept.” You said, somehow smiling and laughed.

However, Yongguk looked at you with a hard look, but you noticed the corner of his lip twitch. You didn’t know why you shared that little story.

Your smile faded, and you cleared your throat. You grabbed Ki Joon’s stool and placed it in front of him.

“Sit down.” You ordered.

Yongguk followed your order without a protest and sat down in front of you. He tipped his head back, lifting his chin, and you lowered your face to him. You rubbed the foam on your palms and reached your hand to him.

Suddenly, you stiffened and looked at him. He was quiet, still held the paper on his chin where he was bleeding. You looked into his eyes. Your heart pounded hard. You breathed slowly.

Then you stretched out the shaving creme on his skin. He sat still on the chair as you swiftly moved your hand across the cheeks, applying the creme.

You did the same with his other side. Then you stopped to look into his eyes. He looked at you and you stiffened.

“I’ll wait with your chin, becau..” You paused as his eyes bore in yours. “Whatever, you know it.” You muttered. He didn’t say anything.

Once you washed your hands and got the crème off, you grabbed the razor and leaned back to him.

You reached your hand out and placed it on his shoulder. For a second, you thought you felt him tense.

Then you moved the razor slowly but surely across his cheek. Yongguk remained silent, like the expert he is at being silent. You narrowed your eyes and bit onto your bottom lip, keeping your focus.

You made sure to cleanse the shaving razor occasionally. You hit it on the edge of the sink and rinsed it with water before continuing to shave him.

Once you were done with that side, you grasped his cheeks, tipped his head to the other side, and your eyes met. You looked at him briefly, feeling your heart pound harder.

You ignored the way his eyes intensely bore in yours. It gave you that uncanny feeling, making your insides feel jittery, and you breathed deeply. His shaving crème had a strong scent and it made your head feel a bit light.

A hairlock fell over your eyes and before you could react and pull it back, Yongguk reached his hand up. He grasped your hair, and then he slowly pulled it behind your ear.

You got that feeling where your heart skips two beats, where you want to do something extreme, but you don’t know what.

You looked at him as your heart thudded against your chest, threatening to escape out of your ribcage.

As if it wasn’t enough to shave him, to stand this close to him, to literally inhale the scent of his shaving cream that even his pillow smells of, he had to grab you like this. The nerve this man had.

Then he surprised you further, when he grasped your hair. He tugged your hair in his hold, keeping your hair back as his hand rested on the back of your neck. He used his hand to keep your hair back.  

You didn’t say anything to that and just continued. You had to get this done now, before he will realize how your heart is stupidly acting up. His hand rested on the back of your neck. His hand felt a bit cold against your warm skin.

You finished with his cheek and moved to his chin. Yongguk threw the bloodied paper in the sink. You leaned in and observed his cut.

“It stopped bleeding.” You said, and he didn’t answer you. Instead, he breathed out sharply.

You started to shave his chin and he instinctively leaned back. You breathed out shakily. You could feel his eyes on you, they made you feel tiny, like a mouse, and you wanted to hide in a hole.

“Don’t forget my neckline.” He stated in a husky voice.

“Um.. right.” You said, and you finished that for him after you pulled back, and your wet locks got free from his hold.

You grabbed the shaving gel and added a bit on your palm. Then you stole a glance at him. He looked at the wall, oddly, and yet not, he is such a hard man after all.

“This will sting.” You said, and he didn’t reply.

You stopped in front of him with a worried look. Because you had been standing there for a bit, not saying anything, he finally looked at you.

“Get it done, please.” He said.

“I’m sorry, if it hurts.” You bit your bottom lip.

“It’s not your fault if it hurts.” He stated with a clear look.

You applied a layer of shaving crème on his chin and lastly around his little wound. You used your fingertip to dap gently on the place on his wound. He didn’t flinch, but you looked at his face and saw him clench his jaw.

You stopped shaving and stared at his face. You didn’t know why you were getting worried over this hard-headed toad of a man. It was just a little cut. It wasn’t the ending of the world.

A gasp of surprise escaped through your lips, when he grabbed you by your hip and tugged you forward.

You nearly tripped, but he reached his other hand out and held your hips firmly, keeping you in place, and making sure your two feet were on the ground.

“Get it done, woman, we are in a hurry.” He reminded you as his eyes bore in yours.

His voice was much lower than usual. It sounded like a command, and you nodded firmly. You wanted to get it done too so you could get free from his hold.

You tried hard not to think of the fact that he held your hips. You breathed deeply and broke off your stare. You continued to shave him.

However, your skin felt warm, your body was heating up, and you could feel a tingling sensation rush throughout your body.

His hands remained on your hips. You could feel how warm his palms were. You were wearing a dress. It was a thin layer.

You breathed in slowly. It was as though he could touch you through the dress and feel your skin. Your face felt hot and you were certain that your cheeks and skin flushed up.

You used gentle around the sensitive areas, underneath his lower lip, and then he pursed his lips into a thin line, so that you could shave him properly.

“Thanks.” You whispered somehow, but he didn’t say anything, obviously, because his mouth was closed, and then you shaved above his upper lip.

“Don’t move.” You said, even though he was still and stiff as a brick.

You leaned further in and made sure to get around the small areas. Yongguk breathed out deeply again through his nose.

Your eyes fell upon his full bottom lip. Just then, your brain decided to go through your memories and remind you of your kiss. You tensed up.

“Don’t be nervous of cutting me. It won’t happen. You are already doing a good job.” He finally broke the long silence.

“Bang Yongguk knows how to compliment. I am surprised.” You laughed.

However, Yongguk tensed up, staring at your face, clearly not looking amused, and you bit onto your bottom lip, grinning back.

You didn’t care. You continued to smile, because he complimented you. It made you feel so good inside.

Yongguk didn’t even know what was going on inside your little mind. You looked into his eyes and he had this deadpanned look.

You shrugged the thoughts off, and mentally cursed yourself for thinking about his lips that happen to be very soft and quite warm, as you remember.

Pull yourself together Kwon! Your inner-mind screamed.

You just couldn’t control yourself today for some odd reason. It felt like you were losing yourself, you were not in control of your own mind right now. Yongguk had that same hard look.

But your heart was racing fast, about to run off its track and cause some accident, that wasn’t good for your poor little heart.

You furrowed your brows, wetted your lips, swallowed hard as your throat felt dry. You finished the final bits.

Yongguk sat patiently on the stool. He slowly closed his eyelids and breathed out deeply. His warm breath fanned your face.

Your eyes fell upon him. He was resting, possibly enjoying this. You couldn’t tell, but his expression seemed quite peaceful.

You were already done, but you were surprised, because you wanted to continue for little while. This silence between you felt comforting and nice.

But there is no hair left on his face which you can shave off, other than is brows, but that won’t do.

You pursed your lips when you got a vivid picture of him in your mind of no eyebrows. You placed the razor on the sink after washing it off, still smiling to yourself.

“What is it?” He asked, and you shook your head. “Nothing.”

Then you grabbed a small towel that hung on the rack. You wetted it with warm water.  You stole a glance at Yongguk, who was seated, and he had opened his eyes.

Yongguk was about to get up from the stool, but you rushed to him, pressed your hand on his chest out of instincts, and pushed him back down. He immediately sat down on the stool and looked up at you with a puzzled look.

“I am not done.” You said, and he furrowed his brows. He looked at you with a blank and yet hard look. “Don’t move.” You added firmly.

You went to wash the towel with warm water, and you could feel Yongguk’s eyes on you. You returned to him after you wetted the towel.

You stopped in front of him and he looked into your eyes, waiting. Your heart was acting up again. Instinctively, you tightened your grip on the towel, and you stepped closer to him.

You slowly reached your hand out, and you finally grasped his chin. You gently tipped his head back and his eyes were fixed on you.

This felt like the longest time he has looked at you. You felt like your brain wasn’t getting enough oxygen. Your head felt light now.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times, gulped hard, and bit onto your bottom lip. It was a stupid habit. You started to clean his face with the wet and warm towel.

You wiped off the remains of the shaving cream. You gently dapped the towel on his chin, where he got that little cut, and the other side.

You were forgetting to breathe now as he kept looking at you. He didn’t bat his eyes for a second. It felt too intense for you, more intense than your kiss. 

“I’m done.” You breathed out of relief.

“Not completely.” He said, and you frowned. “You are forgetting my aftershave.” He added as you looked confused at him.

“Where is it?” You asked, and he nodded at the cabinet.

You quickly returned with the aftershave. It was a black glass bottle, it was Dior. It smelled too wonderful, too manly. It even made your head feel light.

You had to admit to yourself, that you had a weakness for men’s fragrance and aftershave. It must be a . It just smells too good.

You applied some of the aftershave on your palms and you reached your hands out to him. He tipped his head forward to you and closed his eyes.

You pursed your lips, bit onto your lip to bite back your smile. You gently rubbed off the remaining of his aftershave on his cheeks, rubbing your fingertips against his skin, smoothing it.

His skin felt warm and smooth. It sent a tingling sensation throughout your body, and you breathed in deeply. You rubbed the other areas. You quickly finished and pulled back.

“There.” You breathed out, looking at him and his eyes were still closed.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times, staring at his face. Your eyes quickly drifted down his nose and to his full and plump lips.

Then he lifted his eyelids and you quickly averted your eyes back to his, meeting his gaze. Your breath got caught in your throat. You looked at him, into his dark, deep, and ethereal eyes.  

Those eyes somehow made you feel like you were in some trance. You lost count of how many times your gazes have locked.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times. His eyes were dangerously pulling. Your face felt warm, and you huffed deeply.

“Thanks.” His voice was husky.

“No problem.” You cooed, trying so sound calm, and then you backed away from him, and fixed your posture.

Yongguk looked at you for a second, quietly, but you looked the other way, feeling your heart hammer and your cheeks turn warm. You were feeling unusually warm.

“I’m going to wake Ki Joon up for breakfast.” You told and took off before he could speak.

~❋~

You were anxious to see what was in store, when you arrived at Ki Joon’s kindergarten. The drawing he had made yesterday had made you curious.

Ki Joon had mentioned that he had drawn the people he loves. You wanted to see that drawing with your own eyes.

You wanted to know who those people were, whether it was you and Yongguk. You had been waiting to see this drawing since yesterday.

Ki Joon was ecstatic to show his drawing to the pair of you, and he was quite shy, because you had asked him about it, and he wouldn’t speak of it. Hence, you had to see this drawing.

However, you wondered about why Ki Joon wouldn’t say what it was that he had drawn. He seemed rather shy, when you asked him, and it just heightened your curiosity.

You walked beside Yongguk and Ki Joon was a step ahead of you. The little boy carried his backpack, and he jumped on one leg, skipping strides, and giggling to himself.

“Aren’t you curious about this drawing?” You asked, and Yongguk finally looked at you.   

“I am.” He said.

“Do you have any ideas of what it could be?” You asked further, and he simply shrugged.

“I hope its me.”

You made a face at his comment and looked the other way. Of course, he would say such a thing. You sighed deeply and returned your eyes to him.

“Don’t be selfish, Bang.” You retorted and furrowed your brows, when you saw him grinning at you.

“I am joking. I hope it’s us. I believe that it is us.” He stated, sounding confident at the latter part as his eyes bore in yours, and for a moment, you just blinked your eyes at him.

You really couldn’t decipher this man. You broke off your stare and looked towards Ki Joon, who was jumping on one leg, one moment and twirling. You were nearing the kindergarten. You breathed deeply.

You gasped, when you felt a hand tug your hand and your eyes l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter