Birthday

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 16

 Birthday

 

Taecyeon walked down the street and he had brought flowers, chocolate and a gift. It was your birthday today. He rang you up as he walked down the street with the gifts in his hand. Taecyeon had been busy with the company work and you were busy taking care of Ki Joon.

He wanted to take you out today and do something special. The two of you hadn’t spent time together in a long time now.

Taecyeon smiled, when you picked up the phone and he greeted you. He told you to get ready and to also bring Ki Joon with you. He knew that you couldn’t leave him alone with anyone, so he told you to bring him along. You agreed to go out and bring Ki Joon.

Taecyeon smiled, when you made the plan to meet up and he hung up the phone. His gaze moved to the side and he froze, when he saw a candy store in front of him and a smile spread on his face.

He entered the store. He mixed a small goodie-bag for Ki Joon. He grinned, when he stepped out of the store after paying, when he thought about the little boy’s happy smile.

He shook his head at his thoughts and got into his car. He couldn’t wait for tonight and he smiled to himself.

You began to get ready to go out with your best friend Taecyeon. You had given Ki Joon the message and he was excited to go out as well. You had to tell Yongguk that you were going out with Ki Joon. He had left in the morning for work. He didn’t know that it was your birthday.

Your phone buzzed as your friends were sending you messages. You checked your phone and smiled upon reading the different messages from your friends and family. Everyone close to you wished you a happy birthday, except Yongguk.

You didn’t blame him for not knowing your birthday, because you didn’t really know each other well. You the wondered about when his birthday was. You were curious to know now. You looked through some papers from the adoption to see if you could find his birthdate on it. And luckily it was there. You read the date.

Bang Yongguk, born March 31st 1990.

There were still months left for his birthday and you let out a sigh of relief. You wondered if you had already passed his birthday. You laughed at yourself for getting worried, then you froze, when you realized what you were worrying about.

I’m losing it you shook your head and put the papers back into the drawer.

You sat down on the bed and felt a little off all of a sudden. You sighed and got back up again to do your makeup. You wore some small gold earrings and a floral skater dress.

The dress had a sweetheart neck-cut. You felt a bit shy as you looked at yourself in the mirror. You hadn’t dressed up in a long time now. You kept your hair down and loose in waves. You kept a natural and light makeup on.

Yongguk had been at the office for a few hours, he had a meeting to attend and he waited that to begin. Yongguk sighed and looked at papers in front of him. He needed a break from writing the lyrics. Yongguk’s eyes fell upon Ki Joon’s adoption files and he raised a brow. He grabbed the papers and decided to look it through.

Yongguk felt that it was a mystery that Ki Joon had no relatives in South Korea and North Korea. He sighed and looked through the papers. He stopped, when he saw the page that mentioned him and you becoming the parents of Ki Joon.

He read your full name and old address. Then he froze, when he saw your birthdate. He looked closer at the paper and then he looked at his mobile and saw that the date was today. Yongguk had no idea that it was your birthday. He dropped his jaw for a moment. It was already past lunch time. He hadn’t congratulated you.

Yongguk’s assistant manager entered his office. Yongguk looked out at his fellow co-worker. He had an apologetic look on his face. Yongguk immediately figured out that the meeting was cancel, much to his pleasure. He got up and patted his manager on his shoulder.

“Cancel my schedule for the rest of the day. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said and hurried off.

Yongguk took his car and went to the city. He hurried to the bakery. Once he got there and looked at the cakes, he wondered about which cake you would like. He shook his head.

What do I even know about her?

The bakery girl smiled as he looked at Yongguk. Her friend gazed at him as well and the two friends giggled to themselves and whispered how handsome he is. Then one of the finally asked whether he needed help. Yongguk looked out at the younger girl, he rubbed the back of his neck and smiled.

“What kind of cake would a girl like for her birthday?” He asked.

The girls looked at each other and quickly shared and disappointing look. Then the other asked him - “Is it for your girlfriend?”

Yongguk got flustered by that question suddenly and he quickly shook his head. “No, it’s for my son’s mother.” He replied.

Yongguk froze after realizing what he was saying. It was quite weird to say that aloud, when he thought about it. But the two of you were parents to a child now. The two girls seemed even more devastated now after hearing that this handsome male had a kid.

“Every girl loves chocolate cake.” The girl said and Yongguk nodded.

“Can I have that please.” He asked and she nodded.

“Please pack it in carefully.” He added and thanked them.

He looked at his watch and wondered if you had any plans for the day. He decided to go home and surprise Ki Joon and you as well.

Once you were ready you stepped out into Ki Joon’s room. The little boy looked up and his eyes widened, when he saw you.

“You look like a princess.” He said.

Your eyes widened at his words and a big smile spread on your face. You got so happy now and touched by his sweet words. He was so charming and too smart for his age, but it was a good thing. You hurried up to him. Ki Joon giggled, when you cuddled and tickled him.

“Let’s get you ready.”

Ki Joon knew it was your birthday, as you had told him about it and he was excited to celebrate you.

“Are we getting a cake?” He asked.

You laughed “Maybe.” You said and he pouted.

Time passed and Ki Joon was ready. You had dressed him in a suit and jeans. He looked cutely at you and smiled. He then grabbed your hand and jumped a bit. You giggled, because he was more excited than you were. You wondered about where Ki Joon was taking the two of you.

You heard a car pull in and you smiled.

“He’s here, come Ki Joon-ah.” You said.

The two of you went downstairs and you hurried to get the door, before Taecyeon rang on the door bell. Ki Joon was behind you and you froze, when the door opened and you looked out. Your heart skipped a beat.

Yongguk entered the house and he stopped abruptly, when he saw you standing a few feet in front of him. His eyes immediately wandered down you and he saw that you were dressed up. You wore a floral dress. He hadn’t seen you dressed this prettily before and he looked at you surprised for a moment.

He figured that you were going out. Yongguk moved his hand behind his back with the bag. You blinked a few times, surprised upon seeing him home this early. If you had known he would come, you would have invited him out with Ki Joon.

“The meeting got cancelled so I came home.” He said.

“Hi buddy.” Yongguk greeted the little boy, who hurried up to him.

Yongguk quickly bent down hugged Ki Joon into him and chuckled. It warmed his heart to be greeted by Ki Joon with so much love.

“Are the two of you going out?” He asked as he looked up at you.

Your eyes moved behind Yongguk and you looked out surprised.

“Oh Taecyeon, you are here.” You called out.

Yongguk got up from the floor after hugging the little boy and he looked behind him. He saw your friend standing there and got taken back. He pursed his lips and quickly looked at you.

Taecyeon nodded and bowed to Yongguk. He bowed back. You smiled, when you saw Taecyeon.

“We are going out.” You said to Yongguk, who quickly nodded and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Have fun Ki Joon.” He said and he hurried back inside and he had the bag with the cake in his hand.

Taecyeon smiled at you and you went up to greet him. He grinned and gave you a hug. Taecyeon chuckled and you hugged him back. You then moved back and smiled to him. Taecyeon was dressed neatly, like always. He looked handsome.

“Happy birthday gorgeous.” He smiled and you giggled back.

Ki Joon came up to Taecyeon “Taecyeon uncle, where are we going?” He asked.

Taecyeon grinned, when he heard the little boy call him uncle. You smiled at it as well. Taecyeon got down and looked at the little boy. You smiled and moved your gaze to look for Yongguk. You looked around you, but couldn’t see him. You were going to ask him to join the three of you.

You kept looking around you. Maybe he just wanted to be alone. Your smile faded and Taecyeon called out your name.

“Sera?”

“Huh?”

You turned around and looked at your friend. He smiled to you. “Come on, let’s go.”

“So where are we going?” You asked.

You looked behind you one last time. Yongguk left quickly.

Taecyeon laughed. “I just told Ki Joon about it, didn’t you hear?” He asked and you shook your head and looked out at him.

He chuckled “Come on, lets go now.”

You locked the door and the three of you went down to the car. “We are going to the amusement park.” He said and you nodded.

He moved his gaze down you and noticed your floral dress and he grinned. “You look cute in that dress.” He said.

You blinked a few times and smacked his shoulder. He chuckled back. The three of you got into his car. Taecyeon helped fasten the seatbelt for Ki Joon. Then he quickly moved up to you and opened the door for you. You laughed a bit at his actions. He was behaving like a proper gentleman.

“It’s your day after all.” He smiled and you rolled your eyes and got into the seat.

Yongguk came down from his room and placed the cake on the table. He sighed and stood still for a moment. He should have known better that you had plans. He put the cake in the fridge and wondered about what to do, since he was home alone now. He was already missing Ki Joon.

Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck and let out another deep sigh. He took his keys out and walked down the corridor and to the room that was locked. Yongguk opened the door to his room and smiled, when he the light and saw his studio, work room. He could might as well produce some music.

Yongguk walked in and sat down on the chair. He began to mix a sound of classic instruments. He closed his eyes and calmed down as the song played. He relaxed as the music played.

Taecyeon drove out to the amusement park and the three of you finally got there. Ki Joon loves amusement parks and was clearly excited. He ran fast towards one of the rides and you ran after him. Taecyeon laughed and ran after the two of you. He was surprised to see how excited the little boy was.

Taecyeon offered to sit in one of the rides with Ki Joon. He was a bit shy, but said yes to the older male. You smiled as the two got on the ride and they drove in the cars. You stood outside and waited. You moved your hand down and took your phone out of your purse. 

You checked to see if there were any new messages or calls, but there were none. Yongguk hadn’t messaged you anything, at all. You sighed and put your phone back.

You didn’t quite know why you were checking to see if he messaged you. Maybe you just deep down wanted him to know that it was your birthday. You looked out and saw that Taecyeon waved to you and you waved back to the two boys.

They came out, when the ride ended and they were laughing. You grabbed Ki Joon’s hand and the three of you went to another ride. Taecyeon walked beside you and you could tell by the corner of your eyes that he was gazing at you.

You closed your eyes for a second and turned to look at him, catching him off guard hopefully. But he just smiled back to you and moved closer to you.

You raised your brow at his sudden action and he chuckled. “Have I told you that you look really pretty today?”

You shook your head at his typical compliments. “No, you said I looked cute.”

“Oh, well you also look pretty.”

“Oh please.” You rolled your eyes but laughed nonetheless.

Taecyeon was always playful with you, but you noticed how he was a bit different today. Maybe because it was your birthday. Taecyeon stole a glance at you and he noticed how some guys were looking at you as you walked down the street.

He cleared his throat and you looked at him. He smiled and continued walking. Ki Joon was looking around him and couldn’t decide which ride to try next. The weather was just perfect, the sun was shining and it wasn’t too hot either. You breathed out as you felt the fresh breeze hit you and you smiled.

You were glad that Taecyeon took you out, because you really thought that you would spent your birthday at home with Ki Joon.

But then Yongguk showed up. You thought about him a few times and you also wondered about why he didn’t say anything to Ki Joon going out. Maybe he too felt that Ki Joon had gotten more calm and open. Hence it was safe for him to meet others now.

Taecyeon gazed at you and noticed how you were absent minded. He moved closer to you and budged your shoulder. It made you look at him with a questioned face. He smiled “Should we sit down somewhere and grab a drink?” He asked.

You were about to reply him, but Ki Joon squealed out. Ki Joon saw the spin cups and jumped up and down of excitement. He tugged on your dress and you laughed amused.

“Let’s try it!” Taecyeon cooed.

Ki Joon got excited and hurried up to the cups. You followed the boy and the three of you got inside one of the cups and sat down. Ki Joon sat in between the two of you. A moment passed and the machine began. Ki Joon giggled and grabbed onto the steering wheel. Taecyeon grabbed it as well and showed Ki Joon how to move the cups.

Ki Joon was amazed and the two boys began to move the cup in circles. You laughed out and the little boy was highly amused. You kept laughing and Ki Joon’s laughter made you laugh even more. Taecyeon looked out at you.

He noticed how the wind hit you, your hair floated in front your eyes and you grabbed onto the steering wheel and laughed out. He smiled as he looked at you. Your hair was covering your face.

Taecyeon couldn’t contain his laughter as he watched you and he thought to himself that you looked very mesmerizing for a moment. He furrowed his brows, because he couldn’t take his eyes off you that moment.

You tilted your head back and laughed. You then told Ki Joon to stop spinning the cup as you would get dizzy. The little boy listened well and stopped spinning the cup. You looked out and stopped laughing, when you saw your friend gazing at you.

Taecyeon smiled briefly and broke off the gaze. The machine stopped and you had to get off. Taecyeon stepped out first and he helped Ki Joon get off. You got up and tried getting out. Your legs felt weak and you felt slightly dizzy.

You stepped out. Taecyeon quickly reached out to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter