Intruder

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 37

Intruder

 

It was a warm summer night, and the breeze felt light, and smooth against your skin. You strode up to the pool. The moonlight shone upon it, the waves looked welcoming.

You hadn’t once used the pool, and you didn’t really know why you hadn’t taken a dip in the water before, but you finally thought of using it.

Ki Joon was asleep, and you were alone home. Now was a good opportunity. Maybe you could even skinny dip. No one could see you from here. The thought was quite tempting.

You slowly dipped your feet into the water, feeling the temperature, which was thankfully alright. It wasn’t cold nor too warm.

You took your robe off and tossed it away. You placed your phone down. Then you tied your hair in a high ponytail.

You grabbed the bars to the stairways leading down to the water, and you entered the water. You gasped, when you got inside, and you slowly strode to the middle.

You stayed in the water for a good while, swimming slowly, but surely. You weren’t a perfect swimmer.

You knew you shouldn’t have entered his studio, you shouldn’t have opened that book, nor heard that song. Now, you couldn’t think of anything else.

Suddenly you touched the ground, and gazed into the house, when you thought you heard something hard fall to the ground.

You swarm over to the end to get a better view from inside the house. You slowly swarm forward, and finally gripped the edges, and your eyes searched throughout the house.

You saw a figure disappear in the living room, and your eyes quickly flickered to your robe that laid on the ground in front of you, and you knew you had placed your phone there.

You swam towards it, and as you were swimming, you could hear someone walk onto the porch. You panicked, and somehow, your leg got a cramp. You cried out of pain, and then you heard a loud splash.

That someone was swimming towards you, and you screamed, but you couldn’t swim away. Suddenly, you lost strength in your legs and sank into the water.

You didn’t know how long you were under the water, when you felt a pair of strong arms close around your waist, and then you got pulled out of the water. You rose up, heaved after air and gasped.

But instantly began to hit the man on his chest that felt hard like bricks, and you screamed, smacking him repeatedly.

“Let go of me.” You coughed and heaved after air. Your vision was blurred, but you kept fighting.

“Kwon, it’s me. Relax, you got a damn cramp.” The familiar tone hissed at you.

Your body instantly became soft like a shrimp, when you heard that familiar ocean deep voice. You stopped wriggling and hitting him.

Your hands fell to your sides for a second, and then you rubbed your eyes and opened them. You gasped aloud. You stared at his face, dumbfounded.

“Yo-Yongguk!” You snarled, pissed. He had scared the living out of you. How could he sneak like that in the house? And then give you a major shock.

He was home. Yongguk was in front of you. He was fully dressed and soaked. His hair was wet, and he was holding you by your waist. It dawned on you that were pressed up against him, quite close.

You reacted out of shock, and pushed back, but sank into the water again. He groaned, cursing aloud before dove in, and pulled you out once again.

“Stop running!” He snarled, when you tried to swim away.

“I can’t run in the water.” You fired, and he stiffened.

His face turned harder than stone, and his eyes were so dark as they bore in yours. But the rays from the moonlight shone right into his eyes, making his usually dark eyes look so enhancing, and alluring.

“Yongguk?” You said.

“Kwon.” He breathed deeply.

A moment of silence passed by and you gathered yourself, coming down from the shock and the fact that he wasn’t a burglar, murderer, or anything bad.

“When did you get back?” You finally asked.

“I’ve been home almost all day.” He said, and you stared at him, wide eyes, and a surprised face.

“What?” You gasped, still processing the fact that he stood in front of you.

“I’ve been sleeping.. Jetlag. But let’s not talk of that now” He said, and his eyes wandered down your body. “How is your leg?” He asked.

“It’s okay.” You quickly said.

Your eyes wandered down, and you froze, when it dawned on you that you were wearing a bikini. Yongguk kept looking into your eyes. His eyes didn’t once wander down. You kept a stiff look, not knowing how to feel about that.

I am just a potato.

“Swim back.” He ordered.

You turned around, and tried to swim away again, but groaned, because you could still feel the pain.

Yongguk hissed and then he reached his hands out, grabbing you by your hips. You hadn’t even made it a meter away from him.

Yongguk pulled you back to him and you felt the waves move against you, drawing you towards him. Mother nature was on his side.

You instinctively pressed your hands against his chest. He was fully clothed, but his shirt was stuck to his body. He felt hard like granite.

“You need to stretch your leg.” He told, and you shook your head.

Yongguk sighed deeply, his eyes narrowed, he clenched his jaw, his face looked hard. You shook your head, when he swam closer to you.

Before you could even blink your eyes, he closed his arms around your waist. He pulled you in and began to swim.

“Let go!” You warned, but he ignored your warning. “Yongguk!” You hissed, but he continued swimming away, dragging you along.

You gasped, when he grabbed you by your waist and lifted you in a quick and swift move. He placed you down at the edge and you gapped at him. He just lifted you as though you weighed nothing.

He stood in front of you still in the water, between your legs, gazing into your eyes for a moment and then he moved closer.

“Why are you such a stubborn woman?” He asked as he gazed up and into your eyes.

“Deal with it.” You said.

You gazed down at him. He shook his head at you and you saw the corner of his lip twitch. Then he moved to your side, rose from the water, and stepped onto the porch, drenched.

“Yeah, you are right, we live together, I might as well get used to your stubbornness.” He said calmly, and you furrowed your brows as your eyes followed him.

The water drenched from his clothes. Your eyes flickered up, following his movements as he strode around you, stopping in front of you.

“What are you doing?” You asked as he squatted in front of you.

He stared into your eyes, you shook your head, knowing what he was about to do, but he grabbed you by your ankle before you could protest.

“Lay down.” He ordered and his voice had become deeper, gruff and.. so hot.

Your face started to slowly heat up, and you could feel your ears become warm. This was an odd feeling.

“No.” You said with a deadpan look.

“Kwon.” He warned.

“Alright.” You groaned and laid down on your back.

You stared up at him, knowing that fighting with him was useless, because he would somehow get it his way.

Yongguk gazed down at you with such an intensity, you were certain his strong gaze could make you evaporate into the thin air.

This was too much. It was so embarrassing. You would rather drown in the pool. You breathed deeply, feeling your cheeks heat up. You didn’t dare to gaze down at your chest that somehow vanished now that you were laying down.

I would rather drown.

Then he lifted your leg up, stretching you, and you covered your mouth to suppress your cries. The pain suddenly shot through.

Yongguk gazed into your eyes, not uttering a word, and you shot him daggers with yours eyes. He looked away swiftly, and then he pushed your leg further towards you, and you cried.

“Stop.” You hissed.

He pulled your leg towards him and you had expected him to let go, but the next thing he did startled you. His hand slid down your calf, and your breath hitched in your throat.

Suddenly, you had breathing difficulty. His hands slowly slid up and down your leg, and it tickled all over your body. You bit hard onto your bottom lip to suppress your moans, or giggles.

“Sst- st-stop.” You stuttered.

Fml.

Yongguk’s eyes shot towards you, his eyes were infinitesimal, boring into your eyes. He finally let go of your leg. 

You sat up and began to rub your calf where it had pained. You kept your eyes lowered. Yongguk squatted in front of you, and you didn’t bother looking at him.

“Is it fine now?” He asked. His voice was low and dry.

“Yes.” You sighed deeply, without glancing at him.

“Great.”

You gasped aloud when he tossed you into the water, and just when you rose to the surface, you hissed at him.

“What the hell!”

“The water is nice. Stay there.” He suddenly said, and you blinked your eyes at him, fluttering your long and wet eye lashes a couple of times.

 “Why?” You asked.

“I said the water is nice. I’m going to get back after putting my shorts on. Don’t run away.” He said.

You stared at him as he took off. Your eyes widened, when he took his wet shirt off in your presence, and your eyes happened to naturally fall upon his lean back. You bit on your bottom lip, suppressing your gasp. The audacity this mand had.

Yongguk quickly entered the house, wetting the floor on his way, not caring at all. You had washed the floors. You sighed deeply.

You held onto the edge and looked into the house. You could see the kitchen and living room area. The lights were on, and you sighed deeply. You really like this house. It was such a nice place.

Yongguk was actually home. It really dawned on you. You pursed your lips as a smile slowly crept onto your face.

You stayed in the water, you had nowhere else to go. Besides, you had so many questions in your mind now.

~❋~

A few minutes passed by, and you glanced to the side, when you saw his silhouette moving in the house, and he finally appeared, half-.

You breathed deeply and tried to keep your eyes up, but they somehow lingered down his body frame.

Yongguk wore black shorts, and then he jumped into the water, and you stared at him as he quickly swam towards you.

Your body tensed up, when he rose from under the water in front of you, and he slid his fingers through his hair, pushing his long and wet bangs back. You stared at him, gulped hard, tried to remain fazed, but he just looked so good with wet hair.

“Where have you been all day?” He asked.

“Work.” You said.

He furrowed his brows, gazed deeply into your eyes, and you swam backwards, getting away from him.

But this toad seemed to follow suit, maybe the toad felt at home in the water. He followed you until your back touched the end, and you couldn’t swim further.

“Where did you go after work?” He asked.

You gazed into his eyes. You couldn’t avoid this question. You knew he would probably fight with you again if you told him the truth that you had been with Taecyeon and Ki Joon was with you. However, you also knew that you couldn’t and shouldn’t lie to him.

“I took Ki Joon out with my friends, Taecyeon and Soo Min.” You said.

“How did that go?” He asked, and you stared into his eyes, momentarily taken back at how calm he was.

“Good. Ki Joon had fun. He seems to like Soo Min.” You told, staring into his eyes, waiting for his threats to come.

“That’s good.” He said, and you felt even more confused.

Yongguk had lashed out on you on the phone last time, when you had told him that you had been out with Ki Joon and Taecyeon. You remembered how he clearly disliked it.

“Why aren’t you scolding me? aren’t you mad at me? I made Ki Joon see Taecyeon and even Soo Min.” You asked as you looked into his eyes.

Yongguk got closer, and the tides moved around you at his movements. You had nowhere to escape.

Your heart began to thud deeper, and then he slowly reached his hand up. He grasped the elastic in your hair and undid it.

“Are you afraid of making your hair wet?” He asked, and you shook your head.

“It’s already wet.” You said.

Then he pulled the elastic off, setting your hair free, and your wet locks fell to your front and back. His eyes remained locked with yours.

“I’m not going to fight with you.” He said. 

“That’s unlike you.” You said, and he breathed sharply.

“Standing in front of you and saying it is something else compared to having said it on the phone, but you fell asleep.” He said.

“What?” You looked into his eyes, and he moved even closer.

You didn’t know what he was talking about. You fell asleep on him, when you had been talking on the phone last time.

“I am sorry.” He said.

You felt bewildered as he looked into your eyes, and you didn’t know where that apology came from. But it was nice getting an apology from him. Maybe he wasn’t that thickheaded after all.

“Please tell me, that I didn’t make you cry that night?” His voice had become low and deeper.

“That doesn’t matter.” You said nonchalantly.

“It does to me.” He said, and you frowned, looking at him with a more serious look.

He was a hairsbreadth away from you now. The tides were high, the water was warm and soothing, and your eyes were locked.

“Why?” You asked out of curiousity.

“Kwon, I may be a jerk, but I am not a bastard. I don’t make women cry.” He said.

“You failed on that then.” You said, broke off the stare, and you swam past him.

You wanted to get out of the water now, but Yongguk swam fast, and he hadn’t had a cramp like you did earlier on. He reached his hand out, grabbed your arm, and made you stop.

You spun around and bumped into him, and he quickly gripped your arms. You tried to wriggle free, but he had a tight hold on you.

“Yongguk.” You groaned, and he got closer to you.

You gasped, when the water pushed up against your chest. The tides moved as he got closer, and his hands slid down your arms, and gripped your hips instead.

The water suddenly felt hot, or your body temperature was most likely rising. You couldn’t tell anymore. You couldn’t tell anything. But you could feel your heart thud against your chest.

Yongguk stared into your eyes, and you couldn’t help but to notice how beautifully his eyes shone under the moonlight, and he kept staring into your eyes as well, making you wonder what he was thinking.

“Your eyes are so beautiful.” He sighed softly.

Then he let go of you, and your body suddenly felt lighter. You gazed into his eyes intently, and he was suddenly quiet. Yongguk looked up into the dark skies.

“I said I was sorry for getting mad at you. I don’t know why I acted that way. I will try not to do that again.” He said.

“Thanks.” You said, and he stiffened, staring at you.

His eyes narrowed a bit, turning sharper, but the light of the moon entered in his dark eyes, making them light up and look so soft.

“I don’t want to fight either.” You admitted.

“Then, let’s not.” He said, and you nodded.

You began to swim away, and his next words made you stop, and turn to look at him.

“Why are you going? Let’s just swim.” He said, and then he swam towards you.

He grasped your wrists and pulled you forward as he swam. You followed up to him, and he swam to the edge.

You grabbed the edge and leaned against the wall. Yongguk stopped beside you, and you glanced up at the moon. Then you looked back into his eyes that shone.

“I’m not drunk.” He suddenly said.

“I know.. Why would you say that?” You said.

“You said the last time that I am mean, and that I only am sweet to you, when I am drunk. That’s not true, Kwon. I’ve rarely been drunk in front of you.” He said as he got closer.

“Well, you are often mean.” You admitted, and you looked the other way.

You breathed deeply, when his hand slid up your back, and he pushed your hair to the side. Your eyes flickered back to his, and he was so close to you. You could see the shiny and small droplets of water on his face.

“Ki Joon has really missed you.” You said.

“What about you?” The corner of his lip tugged upwards, he grinned, and you had seen that devious smile before.

You were thinking of either lying or being sarcastic but decided to go with the third option instead of the others.

“I missed you too.” You said, and then you looked the other way, breaking off the gaze.

“But only because Ki Joon and I are used to having you around. You’ve only been gone for a week, but our daily routines were turned upside down. It probably doesn’t make sense, and you were probably just having-”

You gasped of surprise, when he slid his strong arms around you, and you got pressed up against his body, so closely. You could feel his hard and solid chest press into your soft body.

Yongguk pulled you closer, tightening his arms around you, and your hands instinctively slid around his neck, and you clung onto him.

“I missed you too, princess.” He chuckled into your ear, and then he began to swim with you on top of him.  

“What are y-”

“Shh, relax your body and float.” He said.

You slowly slid down from him and got around. You relaxed, trying to float, but it was difficult. You couldn’t seem to calm down.

Yongguk let out a laugh, and then he grabbed your hand, and helped you. You held his hand firmly, and slowly you could feel your body float. Your eyes flickered up and you stared at the stars.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter