Missing Him

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 35

Missing Him

 

You sat at the coffee shop and took a sip of your cold ice coffee. It was just ten in the morning, and you had a day off from work.

Ki Joon was in kindergarten for an outing trip. And Yongguk was overseas, for his business trip. You sighed deeply and took another sip of your drink.

Yongguk had been gone for three days now, and you didn't know when he would return. He left after saying goodbye to Ki Joon.

He hadn't uttered a word to you. He had only given you a single glance and told he would call once in a while to talk with Ki Joon.

“I can’t believe that guy turned out to be a creep!” Soo Min gasped.

“I shouldn’t have left you girls alone.” Taecyeon grunted.

Taecyeon had been angry since you told him about the incident. He gazed at you with his jaw clenched and dark eyes.

“The police settled it. That guy is in jail now. Apparently, he’s drugged other girls too.” You said and shuddered of revolt.

“That is so scary.” Soo Min gasped with wide and fearful eyes, and you nodded. “I am not going to that club ever again.” She stated in a clear tone and took a sip of her refreshing orange juice.

“Well, I am never clubbing again, or drinking.” You stated.

“That’s a good choice, ladies, don’t ever club.” Taecyeon nodded to himself with an approving look.

You scrunched your eyes at Taecyeon, and he shook his shoulders at your glare. You scrunched your nose and broke off the gaze. You stared off as your thoughts drifted away.

Someone certain told me clearly not to club again, and I promised not to drink. He was quite clear with his words.. really clear.

Soo Min glanced towards Taecyeon, who kept his eyes on you, and he finally took a sip of his coffee.

Then he glanced on the watch on his wrist. Your eyes were on the street, and you looked at the clear blue sky.

“Do you have something important to do?” Soo Min asked as she looked at Taecyeon, and he shook his head.

“No, why?” He asked.

“You just keep looking at your watch.” She said to him. “And you keep looking out, are you distracted?” Soo Min asked as she turned to look at you, making you snap back to reality.

“Sorry, I just miss Ki Joon.” You said.

Soo Min sighed deeply, pursed her lips into a thin line and gave you and understanding look.

“What time is he back from his trip?” She asked.

“Around two pm.” You replied.

“I’ll pick Ki Joon up at two pm.” Taecyeon offered quickly.

“Thank you.” You said, and he smiled. “It’s nothing.”

“You said that Yongguk has gone to America?” Soo Min asked, and you nodded.

Taecyeon leaned forward the table, looking into your eyes with slightly narrowed eyes, seeming interested.

“When will he be back?” He asked, and you shrugged.

“He said he could be gone for a few days or a week. I don’t know.” You told.

“You must love being alone at home without him.” Taecyeon said with a smile, and you shrugged.

No, it actually feels so lonely with just Ki Joon and I.. it feels weird. Hold on.. what am I thinking. I am losing my mind.

“I want to see his house!” Soo Min broke out.

Somehow, the three of you stood in front of Yongguk’s house, and Soo Min was gasping in awe as you had imagined her to do.

Taecyeon had already seen the place before, so he was just quietly standing next to you. Your eyes flickered up his tall frame.

Taecyeon gazed down at you and flashed you one of his sweet smiles when your eyes met. He shook his head at Soo Min’s reaction, and you giggled, thinking the same.

“My God, how rich is Yongguk?” She asked as she stepped into the lawn.

You followed suit and brought the keys out of your bag. You breathed deeply, thinking about what he must be doing right now.

Yongguk had called a couple of times, but instantly asked you to hand your phone to Ki Joon. Obviously, he only wanted to talk to the kid.

“He owns a company, produces music and such.” You said.

“So, he’s a CEO. , he must be really talented.” Soo Min said.

“Well, I’ve heard some of his music, and read some of his lyrics. He does make good music.” You admitted.

Taecyeon eyed you from the corner of his eye with narrowed eyes, and you opened the door. Soo Min rushed inside in the blink of an eye. She squealed upon seeing the yard and the pool.

“Wow.” She gasped.

“I know.” You laughed.

Her reaction reminded you of yourself, when you first saw Yongguk’s house. You had been ecstatic, when you first saw this place. It had already been a while since you moved in. It still felt a little strange.

The house was quiet, and you stopped in the middle of the room. Soo Min was running around, like a kid who was set free in a candy store, or more so like an animal that escaped the zoo.

Soo Min kept gasping and squealing aloud. You laughed at her reaction, thinking she was being quite cute, and definitely silly.

“Whooa.. hold on, why isn’t there a tv in the living room?” She asked, when she had abruptly stopped.

“There is a cinema room upstairs.” You told, and she stared at you blankly.

“You are so lucky to live here.” She went on, and then she took off.

It was a nice house to live in. Yongguk has a lot of money, much more than you. You remembered that it had been the main reason to why you moved into his house.

This place was good for Ki Joon. He had the big yard, which he loved to use. Yongguk had really thought out things before he adopted Ki Joon.

How would life be, if it was just Yongguk and Ki Joon in this house?

You stiffened, when you heard Taecyeon’s footsteps from behind, and he suddenly laid his hands on your shoulders. He gave you a light tug, making you snap out of your reverie.

“You are really quiet today.” He said.

“Huh?” You blinked your eyes at him a couple of time.

Taecyeon stepped in front of you and he narrowed his eyes as he leaned down to you. Instinctively, you slowly backed away, staring into his eyes as he moved closer.

“Don’t tell me that you miss Yongguk?” He asked.

“I what?” You gasped, feeling dumfounded.

You pulled away and strode past him, but he followed suit. You mumbled incoherent words, and somehow your face was heating up.

“Sera?” He called out.

“I don’t miss that toad.” You fired, and froze, when Taecyeon suddenly stopped in front of you.

He had his arms folded over his broad chest, his eyes were narrowed, and his jaw was clenched. You faced his chest, and slowly moved your gaze up to him.

“Then why are you absent minded today?” He asked.

“I just feel a bit anxious.” You said in a small tone, averting your gaze from him.

Please don’t catch the lie.

You stared off to the yard, avoiding his eyes and you saw Soo Min at the pool. She was taking a bunch of selfies. You looked the other way again and sighed deeply.

“What are you anxious about?” He asked.

Bloody heck, I’m good at lying.

“It’s Ki Joon’s first time going on an outing. I wonder how he will take it.” You said as your eyes slowly wandered to his, and you stiffened, when you caught onto his hard expression.

I am not entirely lying..Oh God. I am a horrible friend. Why don’t I just spill the truth to Soo Min and Taecyeon. I should just tell them.. No, I can’t!

Taecyeon had furrowed his brows, but then he instantly softened, and reached his hands out. He grabbed you by your upper arms and gave you an assuring smile.

He slowly rubbed your arms in a soothing way. It was something he always did, when you were anxious or nervous.

You are totally lying, Kwon. How can you lie to Taec? Aren’t you worried about someone specific.. the toad? Don’t you miss him?

“Don’t worry, we will pick him up soon. I’m sure, he is having a good time, and his teachers will take care of him.” Taecyeon said with a smile, and you gave him a simple nod and sighed deeply.

There was a moment of silence and he rubbed your arms gently, making you soothe up a little. Your eyes flickered out, and you became quiet again.

Your thoughts trailed off. You were slightly worried about Ki Joon as it was his first time going out with his class.

However, you wondered about what Yongguk was doing, and when he would return. He hadn’t mentioned when he would be back. He said it could take days. Besides, he hadn’t spoken to you since he left.

You hadn’t spoken with him since your argument to be precise. You felt your insides twist at the memory of it.

Maybe you shouldn’t have argued with him. He was just trying to help you out. Your mind drifted away again.

“Let’s go a bit earlier, so we can pick him up in time.” Taecyeon said, making you snap back to reality again.

“I’m sorry.” You blurted out, when it dawned on you that you had zoned out again.

“It’s okay.. I really hate seeing you this worried.” He said in a low tone.

“I just miss him.” You said in a small tone as you gazed down.

“Hey, Kwon Kwon, what is this? I didn’t know you liked to draw yourself?” Soo Min chuckled at the latter part with a grin.

Your head tipped to the side, meeting Soo Min’s gaze. You stared at her with a confused look, wondering about what she was on about now.

You never drew yourself. You had only once tried drawing a portrait of yourself, when you were younger, and it had creeped you out slightly, so you never did it again.

Your eyes flickered to the black notebook in her hand, and you stiffened. That book wasn’t yours. You had seen it in Yongguk’s studio. It was his book. Your eyes widened.

You hurried up to her and snatched the notebook from her. Soo Min’s eyes widened a bit at yo7ur unexpected movement, and she looked at you with surprise.

You cleared your throat and gave her an apologetic smile. “Sorry, I don’t want anyone to look in it. Have you seen anything else?” You asked, and she quickly shook her head.

“Just say that it’s a book for your dirty art.” She wiggled her eyebrows at you suggestively, and you smacked her arm.

“Shut it.” You hissed, but she giggled away.

“Good thing, Ki Joon aint here to hear this about his mommy.” Taecyeon countered.

“You, shut it too.” You fired.

Taecyeon cleared his throat. Your eyes flickered to him, but he was looking the other way, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. Your face was heating up for no reason.

You knew this wasn’t your book. You stared back it, wondering about which drawing she was talking about, but you wouldn’t open the book to see it now, and in front of your friends.

You remembered the day of your argument, Yongguk had put his book away, when you tried to steal a glance.

You had a feeling that you weren’t supposed to look in it, that it was a private book, like a diary or something. But what was Soo Min on about? You stared off.

“Show me the second floor!” Soo Min grabbed onto your arm and dragged you to the stairways.

You had showed the house to Soo Min, but excluded Yongguk’s room. You felt like you would violate his privacy by letting your friend into his room without him knowing it. Soo Min was a bit frustrated about it.

She kept saying how you can figure out a person by how their room looks. You assured her that his room has no colors and that it is neat. There was no need to show off his room.

You never mentioned about the part that his room smells so great, of him. That was something you figured was best to keep to yourself.

“Are you sure that nothing else is bothering you?” Taecyeon asked as you waited in his car in front of Ki Joon’s kindergarten.

You shook your head and breathed deeply as you gazed out the window, staring at the kindergarten. You were meeting up with Ki Joon in front of the kindergarten in a bit.

You couldn’t wait to see him. There was still some time left. Your body tensed up for a second, when Taecyeon suddenly placed his hand on your lap. His hand felt cold.

“Are you sure?” He asked once more, and you nodded, meeting his gaze this time.

Your eyes flickered down to his hand that rested on your lap, and he quickly pulled his hand back. He cleared his throat, slid his hand behind his neck and rubbed it gently. He looked the other way.

“Ki Joon is here.” You broke out and opened the door, rushing out to him.

Ki Joon had just arrived with the kids from his class and his teachers. The parents had arrived as well to pick up their kids.

You gazed at your little boy amongst the others. He stood in front of you. His back faced you, but you spotted him due to his little curls and Tigger backpack. The Tigger backpack Yongguk had bought for him.

Then he turned around and his eyes widened upon seeing you. He squealed around and ran towards you. A smile formed on your face, when you saw his happy look. He seemed fine.

You laughed, running to him with open arms. You leaned down, and he leaped into your arms instantly.

You let out a groan as you straightened your back with him in your arms and he wrapped his little arms around your neck.

You giggled, squeezing the little boy a bit tighter, and he let out a squeal. You pulled back slightly and pressed a kiss on his cheek, and he started to giggle.

“How was your trip?” You asked.

“Fun!” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter