Family (part 2/2)

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 67

Family (part 2/2)

 

Everyone gathered in the living room. As you were about to sit down on the couch, you felt Yongguk’s mother grab your arm, and guide you to her side.

You smiled, when you seated next to her and she patted your arm gently with a warm gaze. She was the sweetest.

“I should get us something to drink.” You said, when it dawned on you that you should serve the families something to drink.

As you were going to get up, Yongguk’s mother, Mrs. Bang rose from the couch. You froze, staring up at her.

“I’ll get it.” She said with her warm smile.  

“No-no, please, sit down. It’s my job.” You said as you got up, but she patted your arm, making you sit down.

Then your mother got up, walked over to Mrs. Bang, smiling. The two shared a gaze. You furrowed your brows.

“I know this house better than anyone.” Yongguk’s mother said, and the two ladies took off.

The fathers laughed, including Yongguk. Your eyes turned to your side, meeting Yongnam’s gaze. He shook his shoulders, smiling.

“I can’t let them do the work alone. Excuse me.” You lowered your head to the elders. Then you rushed off to the kitchen.

Feeling Yongguk’s eyes on your back, you quickly stole a glance, and caught him looking at you quietly. You turned your gaze out front, ushering to the kitchen where the two ladies already were.

“Please just let me help. I’ve been too still these past days that I am way too uneasy to be sitting down on my bum.” You exasperated, making the older women look at you with stunned expressions.

“Well, you can serve.” Your mother said.

Handing you a silver platter, which she quickly placed some bowl on with snacks, your gaze drifted to Yongguk’s mother.

She was cooing to herself, humming a melody, and you wondered about how they had quickly found the things in the kitchen. Yongguk’s mother must really know this house inside out.

Yongguk’s mother was searching through the refrigerator, taking out some of the fresh bottles of juice.

Then your mother opened the bags which she had brought, began to take one box out after the other filled with side dishes.

You sighed. You were forever grateful to her. Then Yongguk’s mother began to stock up the fridge with the side dish.  

Seeing the two together seemed like they had known one another for years, because of the way in which they giggled together, teased one another, talking about some recipes.

“I did not add red chili pepper.” Your mother said.

“It smells like it.” Yongguk’s mother said.

“What?” Your mother gasped.

Shaking your head at them, you grabbed the silver platter and took off. The five men sat together on the couch.

Somehow, it was eerily quiet in the room. You knew your father could be a quiet man. Hyuk could be awkward and shy at times.

Though, Yongnam usually seemed to be the talkative type, he was quiet now. Yongguk was the opposite of his twin brother. He was the quiet one.

Then you noticed that the fathers had initiated a conversation, which was about work. No wonder, the two younger men seemed uninterested and were quiet. Hyuk’s eyes were stuck on his phone. He too was bored.

It seemed too boring in here. Suddenly, Yongnam stretched his body, got up from the couch and looked around him.

Scratching the back of his neck, his eyes averted to your little brother, who was immersed in something on his phone.

You had only been away for two minutes and the guys were already getting bored. You pursed your lips smiling.

“Hey, Hyuk, why don’t we play some football?” Yongnam asked, making Hyuk’s gaze turn away from his phone and his eyes lit up as he was looking at Yongnam, surprised by the invitation. 

“Yes, sure.” Hyuk said aloud. The look of relief was evident on his face.

The sounds of chatters became closer behind you. The two women returned with fruits on silver platters.

They placed the fruits next to the snacks and drinks on the coffee table. Your mother finally began to look around her at the house and its decoration.

“Sera can’t you show us around in this big house. Where are the rooms?” Your mother asked.

In that moment, when your mother asked the question, you stared out at Yongguk, trying to get his attention, but he was suddenly listening to the father’s boring topic and let out yawn.

“Ah- right, you’ve not seen the house before.” You said aloud, hoping to catch Yongguk’s attention.

You cleared your throat loud and clear, a few times, and that seemed to distract Yongguk. His eyes turned to you.

“Ehh, mom. I will show you my room in a bit. I just need to clean up. I didn’t get to clean up. And you know I don’t like showing my messy room.” You smiled to your mom, who stood still, confused.

Then you looked towards Yongguk, blinked your eyes to him, hoping he would get the discreet message in your words, which you were trying to send to him.

“Oh, I just remembered that I need to remove some stuff eh-hmm- from my room too before you see it.” Yongguk said as he got up from the couch. “I can’t show you my bedroom before it is clean.” He added with a warm smile as his eyes were on you, and you nodded.

“Right. We should clean our rooms first. We will be back in a bit.” You said as Yongguk walked past you.

“It will only take a moment.” Yongguk assured.

“Honey, we’ve seen your bedroom so many times. You are never messy.” Yongguk’s mother interrupted.

The others looked at you with confused expression. Yongguk’s father added that it didn’t matter if a few things were laying around in the room as he too knows how neat Yongguk is and that his room probably isn’t even messy.

“There are really a few things I need to clean up.” Yongguk said. You looked over at him, seeing through the nervousness in his eyes. He kept a hard posture but tried to remain humble about it.

“I’m sure Yongguk doesn’t want to leave a bad impression on you mom.” You said, and she nodded.

“Oh-well, in that case, I understand you.” Yongguk’s mother said as she smiled to her son.

“Yes, that is really the case.” Yongguk nodded.

“Well, we will be back.” You said with a forced bright smile. You patted Yongguk’s back, urging him to move along. Then you spun around and rushed off.

As soon as you turned around, entering the hallway leading to the second floor, Yongguk reached his arm out, grabbing onto your hand, he pulled you to his side, making you bump against him.

“What’s going on?” He asked in a low tone.

“My parents can’t know that we share a room.” You explained, seeing his eyes widening. “Are you kidding me, they will kill us and you first.” You added.

“Oh-. I hadn’t thought of it.” He cursed.

“C’mon.” You urged him with desperation in your voice. He nodded.

But you were in a hurry, grabbed onto his arm and rushed to the stairs. He had to help you hide your things or remove them from his bedroom.

“Why hadn’t I thought of this before?” You sighed aloud as you made it to the second floor.

However, Yongguk pushed you against the wall, placing his hand on your mouth, shushing you. You gasped, taken back.

Your eyes widened at the unexpected situation. You were unable to move as your eyes were stuck with his.

He lowered his head, stared into your eyes. His eyes were narrowed by a millimeter. His jaw was clenched. His eyes were intense.

“Don’t raise your voice. My sister is at the end of the room, and she can’t know of this either.” He reminded you and you quickly shook your head.

“If my dad and mom finds out that we share a bed..” You closed your mouth, feeling your cheeks start to prickle. Yongguk’s eyes bored in yours.

“I’m too young to lose my life at the hands of your father.” Yongguk said as he retrieved. You muffled your laughs, and he shook his head.

Then he opened the door, spun you around, gave your back a light puff, pushing you inside the room. He shut the door.

He stormed towards his desk and grabbed as many of your products as possible, and rushed out to the guest room, which used to be your old room.

You grabbed your perfumes and hurried off. Right behind Yongguk. He was moving faster than the speed of a bullet being shot.

Though this wasn’t the right time, you suppressed your laughter. You hadn’t ever seen such a panicked Yongguk before, who may just seem scared.

Yongguk stood in front of the white desk and he began to neatly place the things in order to make it seem like this room was being used. He was such a pro.

You froze when you noticed how he tried to make it look very convincing and make it seem like this room was in use.

Just like that, the both of you rushed back and forth as fast as possible whilst trying not to be loud so his sister would show up in wonder.

“Do we really need to take your clothes out of my closet?” He asked, seeing as you were taking out outfits and dressing from the rack inside his closet.

“My mom is a very curious lady, she would probably check the closet in the other room, but not yours, no worries. Hence, I need to put my clothes back.” You sighed, regretting that you hadn’t planned this out.

Suddenly Yongguk was beside you, and he grabbed some of the clothes from your arms without a word.

On your way back with some of your clothes in your arms, you walked over to the bed to put the outfits down.

Just as you were about to head out to get more clothes, Yongguk appeared in front of you out of the blue with more clothes in his arms.

You bumped into him. Your head hit his chest. You stumbled backwards slipping because of the clothes that were piled on the ground.

It was a whole mess. He dropped the clothes, reached his arms out trying to catch you. It all happened so fast, but it felt in slow motion.

Your back hit the mattress and Yongguk pressed you down into the bed with his heavy weight.

“Ow.” You whined. Rubbing your forehead, Yongguk’s hands were suddenly on your head.

“Hey, sorry, I didn’t know you were going to turn around.” He said as he began to rub your forehead.

“It’s okay.” You said silently.

“I brought your clothes?” He asked, and you nodded, whist rubbing your forehead.

“What are you two doing?” Natasha asked.

You were about to pull kick Yongguk off you, but he gripped onto your wrist, holding onto you, keeping you underneath him, making you become still, and making you wonder why he did that.

“Nothing.” Yongguk said as he looked out.

Natasha smiled as she looked at her younger brother, and then her eyes drifted to you. You fluttered your lashes.

Feeling confused for a bit, but then it dawned on you in which position you were in, and your skin started to prickle.

“Will you kindly leave us alone?” Yongguk asked.

“I will leave you love birds alone.” She winked at you, making you gasp of embarrassment.

She giggled with her baby in her arms, she spun around and left the room. Once she was out of your sight, you opened your mouth to ask Yongguk why he did that, and why he couldn’t have kept it subtle.

However, he leaned down, pressing his mouth on your forehead, making you become still as his hands cupped your cheeks. Your eyes closed.

It felt like you were taking back to the hospital, where he kissed you on your forehead for the first time.

He retrieved to then look into your eyes. Your skin on your forehead was prickling where he had kissed you.

“Your forehead became red.” He said as his eyes drifted to where he had kissed you.

“It’s because of you.” You hissed silently.

You reached your hand up, but he took a hold of your wrist, pulling your hand back, he leaned down to you, narrowing the gap between you.

Just somehow, your legs had become numb and you had become mute. He blinked his eyes, staring into your eyes.

You couldn’t look away from him. His eyes were so intense and somehow, they held onto you. You could get lost in his dark eyes.

“Do you think she figured it out?” You asked, and he shook his head quickly.

“I think she only noticed us and not the mess in this room.” He said, and you sighed.

“Don’t you think we should let them know the truth?” You asked.

“How do you think your parents will react?” Yongguk asked.

“They would want to me to move out from here.” You replied, knowing this is what your parents will ask of you.

Then you felt his hand closing tighter on your wrist, he drew even closer to you, so close that the tip of his nose touched yours.

His chest pressed against you, keeping you down, his warm breath touched your face and you were only inches apart.

“I can’t have that happen, Kwon.” He said.

Chills made their way up your legs, and you shuddered at the way his tone was so deep and empowering.

It may the cold wind travelling up your legs but a little voice in the back of your mind said otherwise. The way in which he looked at you gave you cold chills down your spine.

“I won’t let that happen.” You said in a small voice, keeping your gazes locked.

His hand tugged your wrist.

“How?” He asked.

There was a moment of silence as you were searching for which words to say to him. You didn’t know the answer.

Being in this moment. Being asked this. It was so intense. It was just one question. It was one clarification.

However, you were rather stunned at how he held onto you, not getting off from you, wanting the answer and more so, the fact that you couldn’t make yourself pull him away from you.

“It is my choice to live in this house with you and Ki Joon. They may be conservative in their thinking, but I won’t let them decide this for me.” You said.

“Do you think you can withstand it on the day they will rebel against us?” He asked.

“I really haven’t thought about it, Yongguk.” You admitted. He became quiet. “But I do know that I won’t give up on the three of us.” You said, blinking your eyes, he held onto your gaze.

You saw his left eye twitch, and then he moved even closer to you, making you tense in his hold. You felt another chill rush down your spine. It was a different rush, not one of fear. It felt rather exciting.

Your eyes were closed, when you felt soft and plump his lips trail along your cheekbone. He pressed a subtle kiss on your cheek.

“I won’t do it again.” He said as he pulled away. “I just wanted to kiss it better.” He added.

“But I didn’t hurt on my cheek.” You said as you pointed out with furrowed your brows. “My head hurt.” You explained.

Yongguk stood still in front of you hard like a rock, his face hardened like granite. You laid in the bed.

“Or was it just a part of the acting?” You asked in a quiet voice, nodding.

Yongguk looked out to the door that was closed which you hadn’t thought of. Then he suddenly shook his head, looking at you.

“Yeah-sure, it was acting.” He huffed out, making you laugh.

But his rock-hard expression made your laughter quickly subside as his eyes bore in yours intensely, making you break off the long gaze.

“Let’s put the clothes in the closet.” You changed the subject and he reached his hand out for you.

Taking a hold of his hand, he pulled you out from the bed. You quickly fixed your hair, not looking at him. Then you began to hang your dressed on the rack and he quietly helped you out,

“Let’s go downstairs. My family is probably waiting for the house tour.” You gathered yourself once you were all done.

“I think it looks like how it was.” He said, and you nodded.

~❋~

“What took you so long?” Your mother asked.

“Was your room that messy?” Yongguk’s mother asked.

The pair of you got bombarded with question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter