Little Crack in The Wall

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 69

Little Crack in The Wall

 

“Kwon, turn off your phone.” Yongguk grunted in a deep voice filled with agitation and tiredness.

The buzzing sound continued along with the vibrations and his voice make you wake up from your deep sleep.

You turned around in bed, facing the nightstand where your phone laid, and you lifted your eyelids tiredly.  

The light from the screen that was so bright made you squint your eyes in annoyance. You huffed out tired, wondering about who was messaging you so early in the morning.

You wanted to close your eyes and go back to sleep when your phone became silent. You pulled the duvet over your head. The covers were so soft and warm.

The silence only lasted for few seconds. The phone buzzed again, and it was about to fall off the nightstand due to the vibrations.

“Kwon.” Yongguk groaned.

This was the final warning. You could hear it in that deep voice which could cause an earthquake any second if you did not respond by turning off your phone.

You slipped your hand out of the duvet, snatched your phone from the nightstand, and brought it under the sheet. You rubbed the tiredness away from your eyes before looking at the bright screen.

When you opened your eyes, looked at the screen, your face scrunched and then your eyes widened at the countless messages that you had received from your friends in your group chat.

127 notifications.

“What the..” You gasped.

You dropped your phone on your face and groaned when it hit your mouth. You rubbed your lips, gathered yourself and opened the group chat.

There were so many texts and you just scrolled through them all, seen as they had the same message.

Taecyeon: RESPOND. WHAT IS HAPPPENING. WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING???

Soomin: You are worrying us. Has something happened??

Taecyeon: PICK UP

Soomin: Yah Kwon Sera??? Where are you??????

Soomin: You cannot just send us that one message and then vanish!!

Soomin: Omg, Taecyeon, what could it be? Sera has never left such a cryptic message before :0 I am scared something has happened.

Taecyeon: I’ve no idea, this woman will not answer my calls.

Soomin: She will not pick my calls either :0

Taecyeon: I will go there.

Soomin: Call me when you reach out to her.

“What is happening?” You gasped, still feeling confused.

That was the last message from Taecyeon, which had been sent about thirty minutes ago. You hurriedly sat up in bed.

You looked over at Yongguk whose back was facing you and he had fallen asleep again. You slipped out of bed and rushed to the kitchen.

You had not imagined that they would freak out over your message. You had mentioned that it was not serious.

You did not understand how you slept through all those messages and did not hear anything. You had probably been in a deep sleep.

When you reached the kitchen, you were free to make a call. You decided that it was best to make a group call as they were both worried and you needed to talk to both. The call got answered quickly.

“Guys?” You managed to say before you got interrupted.

“Kwon Sera. Why are you calling only now?” Soomin burst out.

“It’s eight am.” You replied baffled.

“You scared us.” Taecyeon broke out.

“That was not my intention. I thought I clearly wrote that it was nothing serious.” You stated as you rubbed your eyes tiredly.

You strode further away from the kitchen as you did not want your voice to reach the hallways and wake up the household.

“How could we be certain about that?” Taecyeon asked.

“Yeah, you could be saying that it is not serious, when it could be something serious, because you tend to do that.” Soomin said, speaking fast like the lightening. You could hear the fright in her tone.

“Alright. I am really sorry. My message was probably cryptic, and it had no important information.” You explained in an apologetic voice, rubbing your face tiredly.

“Are you alright?” Taecyeon asked.

“Hmm, yeah.” You sighed, stopping in front of the windows to the backyard.

You looked up, seeing the sun high up in the clear blue sky. You covered your eyes with your palm from the blinding and strong rays of the sun.

You turned around, leaning your back against the glass doors. You could feel the heat of the glass soak your body. You were still pretty tired.

“What happened then?” Soomin asked.

“About that. I would rather talk with you guys in person.” You said in a small voice.

“We should meet up today.” Soomin suggested.

You rubbed your neck, thinking deeply. You had to plan it out with Yongguk as he would have to be alone with Ki Joon, and he may have some work to do.

“I’ll get back on that later. I need to discuss with Yongguk first.” You told.

“You don’t need his permission to go out.” Taecyeon said.

His voice was deeper than usual, making you become confused and taken back. You rubbed your forehead.

“I did not say it like that. I-”

In that moment, the doorbell rang, you turned around and looked out to the hall where the sound came from.

You blinked your eyes, put your phone in front of your face and stared at the screen, when it really sunk in, that Taecyeon must have really come.

“Open the door.” Taecyeon said.

“Wait, are you really here?” You asked, stunned.

You looked around you, feeling lost, and then down your body, realizing that you are still wearing your pj’s and that you have yet to wash up. Your eyes widened of panic.

Shoot. I look like a mess.

“Come out now.” He ordered.

“Hey, you really went out. I’m coming too then.” Soomin broke out and before you could say anything, she left the group call.

You strode towards the hallway to open the front door and you rubbed your eyes, making sure there was nothing on your face.

You quickly fixed your morning hair by brushing your fingers through your messy locks and pushing it back.

You your teeth a few times, cleared your throat, and then you opened the door. You stiffened at the sight.

Taecyeon was standing in front of you with a deadpanned expression. Dressed in plain jeans and white t-shirt. Your eyes widened in shock, stunned to see him at your doorstep.

His serious expression only lasted about a second till he moved in, in a flash, slipping his big arms around your waist, bringing a surprised sound out of you. You squealed at the tight-clenching hug.

He drew you into him even more, squeezing the air out of your lunges by crushing your body with his muscles.

Your body stilled in his tight embrace. You could not move. Your arms hung down your sides, locked in his hold.

Your gaze drifted out, staring at the green scenery, the road, the houses in the neighborhood, still feeling so baffled and processing the fact that he stood here, hugging you all because of that message you sent before bed.

“Taec.” You called out.

“Don’t ever leave such unclear messages in our chat again.”

He spoke in a serious-deep tone as he drew back, unleashing you from the tight hug. You quickly gathered yourself, tying to not seem too startled.  

He gazed into your eyes deeply with a genuine look of worry, making you feel terribly guilty and foolish for not thinking it through before sending them that message.

“I shouldn’t have texted that message and then gone to bed. I really did not think it would turn out this way. Seems like I have some friends who worry about me extremely.” You said, lowered your gaze, and looked on the ground.

“Of course, we do, dummy.” He rolled his eyes at your comment, and you sighed deeply.

“It really was a crypted message.” You said aloud, shaking your head.

Taecyeon reached his hands out, placed his big palms on your shoulders, squeezed them gently in a soothing manner, giving you a little smile and his eyes seemed to brighten a bit. You gave him a small smile in return.

“Don’t feel bad now. I am just thankful to see that you are alright.” He said.

“I’m fine.” You assured.

“I see that now.” He smiled.

Then he glanced into the house, making you realize that you had yet to invite him in. Your face heated up of embarrassment, turning crimson red and you quickly stepped aside, allowing him to come in.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, please come inside.” You said, shaking your head at yourself.

“I was wondering about when you would let me in. It’s a bit chilly outside.” He told with a light chuckle.

You looked at him, having noticed that he wore no jacket or blazer. It seemed like he had rushed out.

“Sorry, I must have freaked you out. You aren’t even wearing a jacket.” You repeated firmly, and he laughed at you, making you look at him confused. His grin spread. Then you realized it.

“You know that I am messing with you. I’m not cold.” He chuckled, and you rolled your eyes.

He stepped into the house. His eyes looked around as he walked further in and to the open room that led to the kitchen and living room. The bright light from outside entered through the glass windows.

The brown wall in the middle of the open room blocked some of the morning light, but the way the sun casted its rays into the room, past the wall made the place liven up.

“I keep getting surprised by how gorgeous this house is. I almost wish I had found this myself. I really want to get a glass house now.” He laughed.

You rubbed your arm, smiling as you approached Taecyeon. You stopped at the windows where you had just stood earlier.

You used to live in an average building before Yongguk. Your job is average too, and there is Yongguk who owns an entertainment company, and Taecyeon, who is also a CEO.

“I need to wash up, can you wait here for a bit.” You told.

Taecyeon turned his gaze from the yard and to you. He stood still for a bit before he smiled, nodding, and you narrowed your eyes slightly.

“You still look pretty though.” He grinned.

“What no, there is dirt on my eyes and drool on my face.” You gasped.

“Where? I don’t see any.” He asked.

He squinted his eyes, pretending to look very closely from afar as though he could tell from where he stood, and you rolled your eyes at him.

“Here.” You pointed at the corners of your eyes as you approached him.

“Hmm, no. There is nothing.” He said as he was shaking his head.

“What, can’t you see or what? Look closely.” You hissed, stopping in front of him.

You leaned up close to him, blinking your eyes, widening them, and he was just laughing, but then he leaned down to you, so fast, you stiffened, surprised at the sudden closeness. He was just inches away from you.

“I only see beauty here.” He chuckled, making you stiffen at his cheesy comment.

“Good morning.” Taecyeon suddenly said as he drew away from you.

You furrowed your brows, looking out confused, but froze for a second, when you saw Yongguk standing not far from you.

He was looking at you with a cold gaze. He was only dressed in sweatpants, and then he just spun around, walking away without replying to your friend.

You held in your gasp at his behavior, not wanting to make the situation more awkward for Taecyeon.

“Why isn’t he wearing a shirt?” Taecyeon turned to look at you. “Don’t tell me he walks around like that on a regular in front of you, Sera... Why is your face red?” Taecyeon asked with furrowed brows.

Has Yongguk been sleeping without a shirt on? And why in the world did he just walk off? What is his problem?

You clenched your fists. Not realizing that you spaced out until you heard Taecyeon calling your name.

“Wait here, I’ll be back in a bit.” You told and strode off.

The door to the bathroom opened, when you made it to the hall, and you looked at Yongguk coming out of the bathroom. He met your gaze, and you opened your mouth to speak, but somehow stopped.

“Why is your friend here so early?” He asked.

“He came because I sent him a message that made him worried.” You told.

He looked at you intently, and his eyes suddenly drifted down your body very briefly. His face seemed to harden as he looked away.

You closed your fists, digging your nails into your palms. Why did he seem so off, again? You frowned.

“Get dressed.” He said in a low voice and walked past you.

“Soomin is on her away too.” You told as you spun around and entered the bedroom.

You walked over to the closet, opened it, and picked out a blouse and a pair of jeans. You mumbled to yourself.

Last night, he seemed fine, and yet not, because he had a drink or two and said something very odd to you.

Now he seemed moody. You scrunched your face and got dressed. Then you went to wash up and brush your teeth as Taecyeon was waiting downstairs.

~❋~

By the time you got down, Yongguk was nowhere to be seen, and you headed to the kitchen. Did he leave the house without a word?

Did he suddenly decide to go to work? You had so many questions, but no answers, which was immensely frustrating.

The both of you had agreed to take some time off for Ki Joon till he recovers to stay at home and look after him. You puckered your lips, but headed to Taecyeon, who was preparing breakfast.

“What are you doing?” You asked upon seeing him make toast.

“I figured you hadn’t had breakfast yet, and honestly, I am starving.” He told.

“Let me help.” You hurriedly got to his side, and he smiled.

“You alright?” He asked.

You looked around in the room. You could not see Yongguk anywhere. Had he really gone out so fast and this early? And without a word?

“Yongguk went out for a run in the neighborhood.” Taecyeon said.

“Oh... Okay.” You shrugged and went to take fresh juice out from the fridge.

“Did he tell you that?” You asked.

“No.” He laughed, and you looked up at Taecyeon. “I just noticed it from his outfit.” He told.

You breathed out deeply when the cold air from the fridge touched your face the moment you opened it. Just what you needed, to cool down.

“Are you sure that you are alright?” Taecyeon asked.

“Uh-huh.” You hummed.

“I mean you got your head inside the fridge.” He asked in a higher tone.

You stuck your head out from the fridge, looking at your friend, seeing his suspicious look, and you chewed on your bottom lip.

In fact, your mind was elsewhere. You kept thinking about Yongguk, and about last night. How he drank, talked, how he was around Ji Hoon.

Then there was that question so out of the blue, so unlike him. You could not help but to speculate about what he meant with those words.

He acted so different. You needed a follow up on it and he was not home. Perhaps, now was not the right time either.

He must be holding onto something and you may have a sense about what it was. Your eyes slowly widened as it crossed your mind. Then you shook your head, thinking you were overthinking.

“You are doing that thing, where you space out.” Taecyeon pointed out.

He furrowed his brows with his hand on his hip. You opened your mouth, blinking your eyes a couple of times.

“What I wanted to talk with about is Ki Joon. He-”

You got interrupted by the little fluffy dog that jumped on your leg, happily. You looked down at the dog. Tigger stuck its tongue out.

“What a cute dog.” Taec said.

“Go on and greet him.” You said to the dog.

Tigger rushed to your friend, jumping on Taecyeon excitedly. He laughed, leaned down, and petted the dog.

“You were about to say something.” He reminded as he looked at you whilst caressing Tigger’s back.

“Yeah, the thing is-” You paused at the sound of footsteps coming from the hall, getting interrupted again.

Few seconds later, the little boy stood in front of Taecyeon. Just as you were going to talk about him.

“Uncle Taecyeon?” He called out sleepily.

The little boy rubbed his eyes tiredly, narrowing them and looking closely at your friend, almost checking whether he was seeing your friend or just imagining it.

Instantly, Taecyeon’s eyes drifted to the cast on Ki Joon’s arm. His gaze only stayed there for a little while. You saw him breathe in deeply, understanding why you had sent that message last night. He looked at you, meeting your gaze, and you gave him a small smile.

Then he averted his eyes back to the boy, seeing him tired with puffy cheeks and messy curls. He looked endearing. Taecyeon smiled widely. He seemed ecstatic to see the kid.  

“Good morning big buddy.” Taecyeon chimed.

Ki join walked up to your friend and he got pulled up in his embrace. Taecyeon let out a deep groan.    

“Buddy, what happened to your arm? And what a cool cast you got.” Taec smiled.

“I fell and broke my arm.” Ki Joon said with a little pout. It seemed like Ki Joon was about to get sad over it.

“Woah.” Taecyeon gasped, surprising Ki Joon.

Suddenly, Ki Joon was grinning. Taecyeon leaned closer, pressing their foreheads together, making the boy giggle.

“I think you’re really cool.” Taecyeon said. Ki Joon’s cheeks turned red, he puckered his lips, looking shyly at your friend.

“Do you want to write on my cast?” Ki Joon asked.

Taecyeon’s eyes widened dramatically, looking thrilled and Ki Joon burst out laughing. You smiled at the two. Taecyeon had a way of being around kids that made them ease up.

“I would love to, but first, I have to make you some breakfast. What do you like to eat?” Taecyeon asked.

“Pancakes.” Ki Joon chimed in a bright voice and with sparkling eyes. His favorite desert.

He put the boy down, laughing nervously at him. He took in a deep breath, feeling challenged. He looked at you. He scratched the back of his neck anxiously.

You were grinning from ear to ear, knowing that Taecyeon did not know how to make pancakes. You were enjoying it too much.

Though you were going to help him out. He looked at you with a helpless look that clearly asked for help. You laughed.

“I’ll make it.” You broke out.

“Thanks.” He breathed out relieved and gave you a wink, making you shake your head, but smile nonetheless.

You laughed as you walked past him. His eyes seemed to follow you. Somehow, you could feel Taecyeon looking over at you.

“You should focus on the toast before you burn them.” You pointed out.

“Ah, yeah.” He chuckled and proceeded to make the toasts, looking away from you.

“I want to help.” Ki Joon cooed, and he found his chair to stand on.

“We got ourselves a little helper.” Taecyeon said with a smile.

“Ki Joon loves to help out with cooking, but he does not like cleaning so much.” You said with and laughed at the latter part.

“Ugh, I hate cleaning.” Ki Joon sighed after overhearing your conversation.

“Me too, Ki Joon. I hate cleaning up.” Taecyeon said.

You tried hard to be serious, but Taecyeon was grinning so much at the boy’s comment. You just had to be that serious role model. Hence, you nudged his arm, reminding him to not laugh, but he shook his head, grinning.

“But we have to always clean up after ourselves.” You pointed out in a clear voice, and the boy sighed.

“He is too precious, when he truly expresses himself. How do you keep a poker face?” Taecyeon asked.

“Trust me, it is not easy, but you just have to learn it.” You told.

“But you do a damn good job.” Taecyeon leaned closer towards you, smiling from ear to ear.

“No swearing, when the kid is around.” You said with wide eyes.

He bit on his bottom lip, when he realized that he messed up, and quickly looked at the kid beside you, but Ki Joon was occupied with trying to make pancake. It seemed like Ki Joon had not heard it.

“I hope he didn’t hear that.” He said with an apologetic look and bit onto his bottom lip.

“Don’t think about it. Seems like he didn’t catch up on it.” You told.

Taecyeon proceeded to make his toasts as you helped Ki Joon with making pancake.

The dining table was set with pancakes, strawberries, jam, nutella and the toasts which Taecyeon had made. You eyed the table, seeing all the unhealthy food. You scrunched your nose.

There had to be something healthy at the table so you cut out some fruits. Taecyeon began to laugh when he saw you bring out the fruit on the table.

“What?” You eyed him, and he shook his head.

“You can be so cute at times.” He smirked, and you stiffened, blinking your eyes.

He was doing it again, being cheeky. Taecyeon had never called you cute, which was so odd that you did not know exactly how to respond or react to it.

“You are back.” Ki Joon beamed and jumped off his chair.

Your eyes drifted to your side, seeing Yongguk standing in front of the kid. He took his headsets out of his ears, breathing hard.

You could tell that he had been out for a run. He was wearing black shorts, a grey sleeveless loose top and white running shoes.

His top had a low cut, revealing his sweaty skin and chest tattoo. The sides were low cut too, revealing the toned muscles on his sides.

Maybe the neighborhood aunties had a good view and talk of that. You shook your head at your odd imagination.  

Suddenly, you felt a motion, wind blowing beside you, and you looked up to discover that Taecyeon was standing next to you.

Then he placed his hand on your shoulder, tugging gently. Yongguk looked out, meeting your eyes for a split second. You looked into his eyes.

“The toast won’t be good, if we don’t eat it now.” Taecyeon told.

“Yeah, right.” You looked away from Yongguk, pulled out a chair and sat down.

“Yongguk, will you join us?” Taecyeon asked with a smile on his face.

“No, I’m not hungry.” He replied.

He turned around and was about to walk away, but Ki Joon grabbed onto his shirt, tugging it and making him stop in his tracks. He looked down at his boy.

“I made pancakes for us.” Ki Joon said with his puppy-like eyes.

Yongguk froze as he looked at the boy. A smile spread on his face quickly, revealing his gummy-smile. He always changed his mood so quickly when it came to the boy.

“Well, then save one for me. I have to take a shower. Someone here does not like sweat.” He said as he pushed his sweaty bangs back and his eyes drifted to you.

You blinked your eyes, fluttering your lashes, knowing just what he referred to. Last night’s conversation. He was so wrong about that. Little does he know. Your face grimaced at his comment.

“You don’t really smell bad.” Ki Joon giggled. Yongguk laughed before he walked away, heading upstairs.

The kid was not wrong at all. You huffed out, when Yongguk disappeared. From the corner of your eye, you could sense that your friend was looking at you again.

“Soomin said that she would be here.” He chuckled.

“She is probably late. Do you want to hang out later?” You asked.    

Taecyeon was amid putting jam on his toast as his eyes drifted to you with question. You opened your mouth, closed it, blinked your eyes as he was not speaking.

“I was thinking of asking you that.” He said with a little smile, making you smile in return.

~❋~

“I’ll see you later then.” Taecyeon leaned in for a hug.

When he left, you turned around and headed to the living room where Yongguk and Ki Joon were. They were sat together, looking at the iPad, watching pooh, and laughing.

“Yongguk?” You called out.

The smile he had on his face when he was looking at the kid faded, when he looked into your eyes with a stoic expression.

His face hard as granite and his deep eyes pierced trough yours. You gulped and softened your lips.

You began to think about how you should form your sentence, which words to use, how to put it all together.

For some unknow reason that stoic expression of his made your body become tense, made you fidget with your finger and furthermore, made you wonder whether he would not want to let you go out.

He would probably enjoy some alone time with Ki Joon. Your brows furrowed. His eyes remained on you, that cold look. Your lips parted.

“I’m going out with my friends. You and Ki Joon can have the evening together.” You looked into his deep eyes.

Voices from the cartoon seemed to dull out any other sound. You could only hear Pooh’s laughing voice. You blinked your eyes multiple times, waiting for a reply.

“Perfect. Just what I need” He replied nonchalantly.

You stood still for a bit, waiting. He really said that he needed this? You narrowed your eyes, stopped fidgeting with your hands and clenched them instead.

You could not pick up an argument with him in the presence of Ki Joon. It was as if he did that on deliberate.

Said things to made you mad in the kid’s presence, so that you had no chance to defend or explain yourself, nor argue with him. You turned around and walked away, huffing out at his arrogance.

You stomped upstairs and stayed inside your room for hours. You sat on the bed, feeling irritated, frustrated, and so helpless. You did not know these feelings.

“What do I even want from him? he is such a jerk, he is so cold.” You turned around in bed, and looked at the clock on the nightstand, sighing deeply.

It was four pm. You had to get out of bed and get ready. Taecyeon would be there in an hour. You finally made yourself get out of bed. You opened the closet and took out a dress that you have not used before.

There was a lot of clothes in your closet which you have never even used. You shook your head, wondering about why you were so complicated.

After getting changed, you put on some light makeup and a dark cherry colored tin on your lips. You applied some curling cream to your hair and brushed your fingers through your locks.

You wore high heel sandals. It was probably not the best weather for your choice of outfit, but you needed to do something out of yourself.

On your way down, your steps halted at the stairs, when you saw Yongguk head upstairs. He too froze momentarily, looking into your eyes.

Sweat trickled down his forehead. His long locks were messy. His bangs were sweaty and stuck to his forehead.

His white t-shirt was glued to his chest and had become a bit see-through on some areas. His skin seemed slightly flushed as if he had been working out.

But then you noticed his dark eyes drift down you. His jaw clenched. His face became stoic again, and he on his teeth before he walked past you. You stared out blankly at how he ignored you.

“Don’t be late.” He said in a low husky tone.

You spun around to look at him, but he entered the bathroom. You blinked your eyes, pursed your lips, let out a curse in a low voice. You herd the water turn on in the tub and then you stormed down the stairs.

Ki Joon had just entered the living room from the backyard and with a ball in his hand. He ran up to you with a smile. The little brown fur dog was right behind him, barking happily.

His bangs were also stuck on his forehead, and he was panting, but smiling so widely. The two must have played soccer.

“You look so pretty.” He chimed.

“Thank you, sweetheart. I won’t be home late, but I may not make it to tuck you in bed.” You cooed.

“It’s okay. You should go out with your friends and have some fun.” He piped out with a smile.

You could feel your heart clenching. He was the light in your life. You sighed deeply and pulled him in for a tight hug.

“I love you so much.” You sighed as you brushed his sweaty hair back. “You need to shower.” You told.

“Yes, I’m going up now to bathe.” He said and hugged you once more before running up.

You looked down at Tigger, ruffled his curly soft hair and patted his head gently. The dog stuck its tongue out. You smiled. Then you heard the doorbell. Taecyeon was here.

“See you later buddy.” You got up and went to open the door.

Taecyeon turned around, when the door opened, and he stiffened, when he looked at you, making you freeze too. You lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter