Persuasion

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 43

Persuasion

 

The alarm from your phone buzzed at sixam. You let out a whine. You slept too late and hadn’t got enough sleep. You weren’t ready to get up, but you had work at nine am, and you need to get Ki Joon ready for kindergarten.

The bed was so warm and cozy that you didn’t want to get out from it. However, it felt a bit hard and solid. You stiffened, because it was odd.

You slowly lifted your eyelids. Instantly, your eyes widened of horror, and you gasped of surprise, when you saw Yongguk right next to you. He was so close to you. He was sleeping and breathing so deeply and soundly.

For a second, you had almost forgotten that you share a room now. Your eyes wandered down his chest.

You must have fallen asleep on his chest. You sighed deeply and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

Slowly and carefully, you slipped out of the bed, and tiptoed to the closet. You stopped and stole a glance at Yongguk, who was in a deep sleep.

You opened the closet, but froze, when Yongguk made a sudden sound. You closed the closet again. You were being careful not to make any sudden sound. You had to wait with finding clothes.

You never knew when this man would suddenly wake up, just like how he woke up from his nap yesterday evening, when you had… You froze.

No, you couldn’t think of that right now. You bit onto your bottom lip, you wanted to groan, you wanted to toss a pillow at him.

How could he just go to his studio afterwards and act like nothing? You huffed out deeply and left the room.

Much to your surprise, just as you had stepped into the hall, the door to Ki Joon’s room opened and the little boy stepped out into the hall with tired eyes, and messy hair. He glanced at you with half-lidded eyes.

You walked up to him quickly. You got down and pulled him in for a hug. Ki Joon stood still. A moment after, he leaned into you and rested his head in the crook of your neck. You rubbed his back gently.

“Did you sleep well?” You asked.

Ki Joon simply nodded. His eyes were puffy, and he looked more than adorable, when he was sleepy. You smiled to him.

“I need to take a shower. Do you want to watch tv?” You asked, and he nodded. “You can rest whilst I get ready.” You suggested, and he nodded once again.  

He rubbed his tired eyes and strode off. You watched him walk off to his room. Then you took off to shower and get ready.

Ki Joon was still in his room, when you came back out after showering. You wore a bathrobe and peaked into his room to check up on him.

Ki Joon sat on his bed and watched a cartoon. He looked sleepy but awake now. You smiled to yourself and walked off to get dressed.

You were headed to your old room, when it dawned on you that your clothes were placed in Yongguk’s room now. You made a turn and headed towards Yongguk’s bedroom.

“Oh, God.” You gasped, when it dawned on you that Yongguk was still asleep.

You had to be quiet. You breathed deeply, preparing yourself. You stopped in front of the door, grabbed the door handle, slowly and carefully opened the door. It made a small creaking sound and you stiffened.

Instantly, you stuck your head into the room, peeking towards the bed where Yongguk was sleeping, and sighed aloud. Thankfully, he was still asleep. You stepped into the room, and carefully closed the door.

You stared at him, watching him in case he moved whilst you walked off to the closet. He was immovable. Your eyes were stuck to him.

You tiptoed, making sure you didn’t make any sudden noise that could wake him up and see you dressed in a bathrobe.

You could hear his clear and steady breathing. He laid on his back. You noticed how the blanket fell off his body, resting on half of his body.

His knee was bent and his short was rolled further up, revealing his toned thigh. You had no idea that he was this toned.

His skin looked smooth and he almost had no hair on his thighs. You gasped as you nearly bumped into the closet. You turned around and stared at the closet.

What am I thinking? What am I looking at? For Gods sake! Pull yourself together. You rolled your eyes at yourself.

You can’t be thinking that about Yongguk. I mean its Yongguk, that toad! Of all men, its that toad.

You quickly turned around and stole another glance at him. He was still asleep, thankfully. You gulped hard. His hair was ruffled.

He looked like a child when sleeping. He looked innocent, and not cold at all. But the way his shorts was rolled up, was just pure too much.

Who even sleeps like that? Why can’t he put his leg down?

You opened the closet, pulled out a pair of jeans and looked for a blouse. You couldn’t spend more time on what to wear.

Frankly, you couldn’t spend more time in this room. You felt so little in this big room. You just needed to get something now.

You took your clothes and looked at Yongguk all the while you pulled your up quickly, still wearing your bathrobe.

You eyed him, when he suddenly made a movement. You stiffened, you had your jeans halfway up and your eyes widened of fear.

However, he the other side making his back face you. You heard him breathe deeply. It seemed like he was in a deep sleep.

You couldn’t waste another second. You hurriedly got dressed and went to sit on the chair in front of the desk, which was also your makeup up desk now.

Your makeup products were placed neatly on the desk, all thanks to Yongguk. You tipped your head and stole a glance at him. You had to admit to yourself that it was very sweet of him to help you out.

You suddenly remembered how he accidentally got your setting powder on himself. You muffled your laugh by pressing your hand to your mouth.

You turned around. You stared at yourself in the mirror. You took off your towel from your hair and let your wet and wavy locks fall down your back.

Then you leaned over the desk, picked out your product, and began to do your morning routine. You started by cleansing your skin.

Then you put on some moisturizer, and lightly dapped it on your cheeks. Afterwards, you began to apply your makeup.

Around ten minutes later, you thought you saw a movement in the reflection in front of you, you frowned, and paused for a bit.

Yongguk still laid in bed. You shook your head and began to dap your skin with your makeup sponge. You did it faster now as you didn’t want to wake Yongguk up.

A little bit on the neck, and the sides. You dapped the sponge faster, wanting to be done with this already.

“God, what is that sound you are making, woman?”

Instantly, you stopped moving the sponge, and stared at the mirror, at his reflection. You were surprised to discover that Yongguk sat on the bed. He ruffled his messy morning hair.

Yongguk stared at you with his ruffled hair, tired eyes, and full lips that looked thicker and slightly swollen in the morning. His morning voice was raspy and low.

“I-I’m sorry. I thought I was being quiet.” You said with genuine regret.

You hadn’t meant to waken him. You thought you were being quiet. But you guessed wrong. Now, he was grumpy.

“You call that quiet?” He asked, sounding annoyed and angry.

“I said I was sorry.” You repeated firmly.

“We share a room now, you can’t just do whatever you please.” He stated.  

You got up from the chair and stormed out of the room angrily. You wanted to shake him. It was his idea to share a room, and you can’t even get ready in the morning now.

“I was being quiet for his sake, and yet he gets mad at me.” You groaned as you strode off to the bathroom to wash your hands.

“What? I can’t do whatever I please?” You growled.

“Kwon!”

Your steps came to a halt in the middle of the hall. You breathed sharply, slowly turned around and faced him. You didn’t want to look at him for what he said.

“Get back inside and get ready.” He said.

He didn’t sound mad at all now. You scoffed at him and looked the other way. You knew this would happen at one point.

“Why? It’s your room, I can’t do what I want after all.” You said with a straight look.

You noticed that he took a deep breath, he ran his hand tiredly down his face and looked at you with a hard look. 

“Come back.” He repeated.

You furrowed your brows. You walked off to the bathroom and hurriedly got inside. You shut the door and locked it.

About ten seconds later, you heard Yongguk knock on the door and you the faucet. The water was running, and he knocked on the door multiple times.

“Kwon, are you mad?” He asked.

“What do you think?” You muttered.

You put soap on your hands and rubbed off the foundation. You washed your hands and watched the water change color from clear to muddy. Yongguk kept on knocking on the door.

“Kwon?” He repeated.

He was still standing there. You turned off the faucet, dried your hands on the towel that hung on the rack on the wall. Then you went to open the door.

Just as you opened the door Yongguk’s hand was reached out to knock on the door again, but you beat him to it. He moved his hand down.

You glanced at him and quickly averted your eyes. You headed back to the room. Yongguk was right behind you.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have raised my voice at you. I shouldn’t have said those words.” He said as he stepped inside the room.

“It was my fault to wake you up.” You said as you sat down on the chair in front of the desk. You weren’t done with your makeup.

“I’m sorry.” He repeated, sounding guilty.

You glanced at his reflection in the mirror in front of you and saw that he seated on the bed, right behind you.

He looked at you through the mirror and your gazes locked for a split second, until your heart skipped a beat, and you instinctively looked down. You blinked your eyes a couple of times and laced your fingers.

You could feel his eyes on you. You tried not to think of it. You reached your hand up and grabbed your mascara.

“I was already awake.” He said.

You had just opened your mascara and you stopped. You looked up and at him through the mirror. He was still seated at the bed-end. His legs were widely spread, and he stared at you.

Suddenly, your eyes widened, and you wondered about how long he had been awake. Had he seen you get dressed? You opened your mouth.

“I didn’t see you get dressed.” He said as though he read your mind. 

You looked at him with a baffled expression, but slowly, your face started to turn cerise like cherries and hot like an oven.

“I wasn’t about to say that.” You lied.

You blinked your eyes a couple of times, batting your dark lashes as your cheeks changed color from its usual warm complexion to burning red.

“Your face says it all.” He said with a straight look.

“Toad.” You whispered. You gritted your teeth. But he looked at you with a hard expression.

“I mean it, I saw that you were about to get dressed, so I turned around.” He said.

As much as you just wanted to pick a fight with him, you didn’t, because you knew he wasn’t lying. He would never do such a cheap thing to you. You believed in him. You had seen him switch side.

“I know you wouldn’t do that.” You said with clear confidence in your voice, and he suddenly frowned, when you stop scowling at him.

He stood up from the bed, your eyes naturally wandered up, following his movements. You were still looking at him through the mirror. You kept your eyes up, never letting your eyes wander down, knowing he was wearing shorts.

For a second, you wondered about why you were behaving this way. It wasn’t like you haven’t seen him in shorts before.

You couldn’t believe yourself. You were getting shy and embarrassed. You clenched your jaw, wanting to curse at yourself.

“How can you be so sure about that?” He asked with a deadpanned look.

You stiffened. He didn’t possibly think that you thought of him as some scumbag? You never thought of him that way.

“Because you are a chivalrous and honest man.” You confessed.

And I like that about you.

You didn’t include that part. You looked away on the floor, biting on your bottom lip, wondering about why you had said that aloud.

“I’ll go and wake Ki Joon. You can get ready. I won’t come inside until you are done.” He said.

You instantly noticed that his voice was suddenly huskier and strained. You turned to look at him with confusion. He was already standing at the door about to get out.

“Ki Joon is awake. I’m almost done here. I’ll get him ready.” You said, and he stopped, still not looking at you. His eyes were on the corridor.

“Alright, then, I’ll take a shower.” He said and left the room right away.  

You groaned aloud the moment he was gone. You muttered a low curse. Why had you told him that he is a chivalrous and honest man? Now, he will probably take pride in it, and who knows? Possibly tease you.

You began to apply mascara on your lashes, making your dark lasher become a bit longer and thicker.

Lastly, you applied a subtle shade of cherry colored gloss, because the season was changing, and your lips felt a bit dry.

Then you headed out to Ki Joon, who was still watching cartoon in his room. He looked at you with a warm smile, when you stepped into his room.

Ki Joon quickly jumped out of his bed, knowing it was time to get ready for kindergarten. He rushed up to his closet.

“Can I pick my clothes?” He asked with his big eyes and innocent smile. You couldn’t say no to that face, and you gave him a nod.

“Yay!” He squealed and opened the drawer to his t-shirts.  

The outfit which Ki Joon had picked for himself wasn’t exactly a perfect match of pieces of clothes, or the kind of clothes you would pick for him.

It was a mismatch of the things he liked. He wore an Avenger’s t-shirt, a lightening McQueen pants, and a batman cap.

It was everything a boy of his age likes. It was rather cute and amusing to see. He didn’t always pick his outfits.

His eyes shone of excitement, and he said that he couldn’t wait to show his outfit to his friends in kindergarten.

“Don’t you look cool today.” Yongguk chimed as he stepped into the kitchen, just in time as you had prepared the dining table with breakfast.

You glanced at him, his eyes were on the boy, who had a big smile on his face at the compliment he received from his daddy.

Yongguk was finally dressed. He looked fresh from his shower. Today, like any other day, he was wearing casual clothing.

Simple denim jeans that were ripped at the knees, white vans, a black t-shirt, and a leather jacket on top, which he kept open.

You were mostly surprised to see him in a leather jacket. It wasn’t that often that you saw him in a leather jacket.

Frankly, it is probably your first time noticing this. The jacket did something different to him. Made this already manly man look even more manly.

You ogled at him from where you stood. His hair was tousled, and his bangs nearly reached to his eyes. His hair had gotten longer.

His eyes were on Ki Joon, he smiled brightly and ruffled the boy’s hair, making the latter giggle happily.

You opened the refrigerator and took out the bottle of orange juice. You shook your head at yourself. After the talk with Soomin, you seemed to be overthinking even more now.

“How come you managed to finish all of this whilst I was getting ready?” Yongguk asked as his eyes wandered to the food on the table.

You turned around and looked at him. He seemed really surprised upon seeing how much you managed to prepare in a short amount of time.

You flashed him a proud smile, said nothing and pulled a chair out to sit. Yongguk seated in front of you, still looking at you with a curious gaze.

“Practice.” You said one word, and he chuckled aloud.

“Actually, you spend a long-time showering. So, I had a lot of time.” You added with a straight look, and you saw him stiffen now, and become harder.

You smiled bashfully. He brushed it off, not wanting to clearly argue on this time, because he knew you were right. He spent almost thirty minutes in the shower this morning, and on some nights, he spends an hour.

Ki Joon began to eat once the pair of you started to eat. Then he grabbed a piece of toast and looked at the fried eggs.

“Can I have some egg, because there’s protein in eggs!” He squealed.

You quickly looked at Ki Joon and saw how his eyes sparkled, when he looked at the eggs. You had never seen a child get this excited over eggs. It was beyond adorable.

You kept in your laughter. However, Yongguk couldn’t keep a straight face. He burst out laughing. His laugh was so loud, it pierced into your heart, shook your heart.

“I want to become big like Yongguk.” Ki Joon stated.

“You can have all the eggs you want, my son.” Yongguk said with a chuckle and he rubbed his eyes that even seemed teary now.

On the other hand, you were numb to the fact that Yongguk was laughing so much. It was rare to see him this happy. He was laughing as he placed some eggs on the little boy’s plate.

Ki Joon didn’t know what was so funny, but he was still smiling. Obviously, because Yongguk has a contagious laugh. You tried not to smile. 

Yongguk placed his hand on his chest, shaking as he was laughing. You had to admit that it was adorable. Ki Joon was adorable. They were both so adorable.

It is hard and impossible to not smile, whenever Yongguk’s laughs. You smiled to yourself. The laughter subsided, and Yongguk breathed deeply.

Ki Joon finished his glass of milk, and you reached your hand out to grab the bottle of milk to refill his glass. However, Yongguk was quick. He also grabbed the bottle.

The pair of you somehow touched each other’s hands. For a second, you felt something shoot through you. whatever it was, it made you tense up, and then you stared into one another’s eyes.

“I got this.” You smiled.

“No, its fine.” Yongguk said, not letting go of the bottle.

You furrowed your brows, tried to pull the bottle towards you, but Yongguk only pulled his arm back. You sighed at his antics.

“I’ll do it.” You said firmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter