The Little Love Birds

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 59

The Little love Birds

 

Currently, you sat in the living room and watched the two energetic, hyper kids fool around and act lovey-dovey.

There were purple and pink clouds floating in the air around them. Cupid would be dancing in joy at the newly in love kids.

Those two kids had more romance going on than you had your entire life. You let out a deep sigh and looked at them.

They were seated on the floor with toys around them. Even the little brown furball Tigger wanted to play with them.

“Do you want pancakes?” You asked aloud.

“Yes!” They chimed in bright and cheerful voices and continued to play, not looking your way.

Quickly, you were forgotten again.

It was three in the afternoon. Bora arrived an hour ago and was staying for dinner. She and Ki Joon got along quite well. You strode off to make the kids some pancakes.

Prior to Bora’s arrival, Ki Joon had been having major issues. For the first time, he didn’t know what to wear.

It had been a sight that Yongguk should have seen. The kid had gone through his favorite shirts in his closet, had almost created a mess in his room, had said he could dress up himself today.

He almost looked like you in a conflict. You had stepped back to let him decide. It had been for the better.

You had never seen Ki Joon stress out like that before. He hadn’t known what shirt to wear, but after having searched through his favorite clothes, he had decided to wear a checkered shirt, blue shorts and had even put on his coolest black shades. He hadn’t even needed your help. He looked handsome and cool.

However, Yongguk had left early in the morning, because he had to take care of something at work, something about his colleagues at the company.

Hence, he hadn’t been there to see Ki Joon’s clothe crisis. The man even worked on Sundays. He never relaxed. The mere thought of it made you groan.

You exhaled deeply, pursed your lips, and seated on the island bar chair and looked out. The three were having fun- Ki Joon, Bora, and Tigger.

Usually, on your days off and at weekends, you would often spend time with Ki Joon, or sometimes meet up with your best friends. But today, you had to stay at home, because you had invited Bora over to play with Ki Joon, and the two needed their privacy.

That also meant that Ki Joon was occupied with someone else, which was good for him, no doubt, but you were sort of alone.

You placed your phone on the counter, set it on speaker as you rang up your friend Taecyeon and Soomin. Taecyeon was quick on replying the group call.

“Hey, how are you?” He asked in his usual sweet tone.

“I’m good and you?” You asked in a small voice.

“I’m alright, just got work to do.” He sighed.

“Are you also working today?” You asked in a hopeless tone.

“Yeah.” He replied.

You became quiet.

“What’s the matter, you sound sad?” He asked. His voice turned deeper, sounding worried.

There was a moment of silence. Soomin had yet not joined the call. You

“I’m not sad, I just miss some company. I don’t know why, I feel alone today.” You admitted. Taecyeon was about to say something but stopped, when Soomin joined the call.

There was some loud noise in the background, you frowned and turned down the volume on your phone.

“Hello guys, have I missed out on something?” Soomin broke out, when she finally joined the call. Her voice was vibrant like usual.

“Where are you? its noisy.” You said.

“I am outside, shopping.” She piped out, and you smiled.

“So, what’s up, you called.” She said.

“I am totally getting ignored by my boy and his girlfriend.” You groaned.

“Ki Joon has a girlfriend?” Soomin burst out baffled and began to laugh coyly.

“That’s my boy!” Taecyeon cooed and started to laugh.

You breathed deeply, when the two began to laugh, turn hyper just like the two kids in the house. You scrunched your face.

“Guys, I called to ask if you want to come by for dinner?” You asked.

“Depends on what you are making for dinner, kidding. I will be there.” Soomin giggled. You rolled your eyes, but smiled, nonetheless.  

“Sure, I’ll be there once I am done with my work, shouldn’t take long.” Taecyeon said, and you cooed.

“Alright guys.” You said.

“Uhmm, why don’t you play with Ki Joon and his friend.” Taecyeon said and you began to laugh.

“Nah, I can’t disturb those two love birds.” You laughed.

 Soomin giggled.

Taecyeon cleared his throat.

“I want to see those two.” She cooed.

“Come by then.” You said in a brightful tone.

“I will.” She cooed.

“Alright then, see you later, bye-bye.” You hung up the call.

Thankfully, your best friend would come by. That uplifted your mood. You proceeded with making the pancakes whilst the kids played in the room nearby.

Later, the pancakes were done, the jam, nutella, sugar, honey syrup, and ice cream were placed on the table. The kids had various options for filling and toppings.

“Come over to the table and have some pancakes.” You chimed.

Instantly, the love birds jumped up from the ground, chiming a happy tune, and rushed over, making you laugh at their antics. They were so happy and excited.

Bora wanted ice cream, some cut out berries and strawberry with some nutella in her pancake. Ki Joon only wanted Nutella and a lot of that.

Since it is Sunday, you didn’t want to be strict. You wanted to make sure that the two kids had a great time together, so you let Ki Joon get a lot of nutella on his pancake.

For yourself, you added some chocolate ice cream and berries to your pancake and took a bite of it.

You cooed aloud at the sweet taste of chocolate that melted on your tongue mixed with the sweet and yet bitter taste of the berries.

“Is it good?” You asked the kids and they nodded.

Chocolate and ice cream were smeared around their mouths, they giggled and ate happily. You laughed with them. This was the pure joy of making pancakes, to see them get so excited.

As you were eating your pancakes, you heard the front door open, the sound of keys rustle, and you glanced out at the room leading to the hall. You had just taken a bite of your pancake and quickly put it back on the plate.

“I am home.”

The deep familiar voice broke out, loud and clear, sending a chill down your spine. You got up from your chair and looked out. He appeared and approached the kitchen.

“Hello, Mr. Bang.” Bora cooed in her sweet little princess tone.

“Hello princess.” He chuckled.

Dressed in a black cardigan, white t shirt and blue ripped denim jeans, messy hair parted to the side, he looked out at you and met your gaze.

“Smells good in here.” He said calmly as the corner of his lip curved up and he headed towards the kitchen island where all the food was.

You hadn’t thought that he’d be home so soon. But then again, he had left very early, so he could show up at any time. He stopped beside you. You remained steadfast.

“Are you having fun, Bora?” Yongguk showed his sweet, heartwarming gummy-smile, when he looked at the little angelic girl in front of him.

“Yes, uncle.” She chimed.

“That’s good, and you my pumpkin, are you having fun?” Yongguk asked as his eyes drifted towards his boy.

“Yes! I missed you.” Ki Joon exclaimed.

“That’s good. I missed you too, my boy.” Yongguk chuckled. He leaned over and pressed his lips on the little boy’s cheek, making the little on squeal. Bora laughed sweetly at the father and son. Yongguk retrieved and looked at the smiling girl.

The little girl smiled brightly as she looked up at Yongguk. He reached his hand down and patted her head gently. You watched the two.

My God, why is he so perfect with kids?

Bora’s round cheeks turned red like apples and she let out small giggles, shyly. You couldn’t blame her. Yongguk was that charming. Then your eyes drifted to Yongguk.

He turned around, meeting your gaze briefly, but his eyes drifted down, and his dark brows furrowed. Suddenly, he looked rather serious.

“You got some ice cream there.” He pointed on your face.

For a second, you frowned, in a daze, but then his words dawned on you. You realized what he meant.

“Oh.” You burst out.

Quickly, you reached your hand up and rubbed your cheek, trying to get rid of the smudged chocolate from your face. His eyes lingered on you.

However, he tipped his head to the side. You knew it didn’t come off. You blinked your eyes and your lips soft. You rubbed your lips and he shook his head.

“Not there.” He said.

Your cheeks began to heat up and flush. This was so embarrassing. You rubbed again. But he scrunched his face.

“Not there either.” He said. You moved your hand out to the other side, but he hissed. You froze.

With his hand outstretched he leaned down, narrowing the gap between you and he gently pressed his thumb on the corner of your mouth.

You felt your heart thud hard as he gently rubbed your skin. He frowned and let out a deep sound.

“It won’t come off, it’s dried.” He said in a deep tone as he looked back into your eyes.

But you were unmovable, unfathomed to what was happening currently. Your brain ceased to work. It decided to nap right now. He stood so close to you. That is was impossible to move. You fluttered your lashes.

With narrowed eyes, he looked at the ice cream smudge you had on your face. Then he leaned his face closer to yours so closely his warm breath ghosted over your face, sending a cool chill down your spine.

You felt his fingertip caress the corner of your lip gently as he tried to rub the chocolate cream off once more.

His touch was light, so light it tickled on your skin. It tickled in your stomach. It tickled everywhere.

You tried hard not to reach your hand up and your lips where it tickled the most. Your eyelids slowly dropped as well as your heart rate.

He stood so closely that you could smell his manly cologne, the deep scent of ginger and lily. His scent filled the air around you, tickled your senses.

You fought hard not to breathe in his scent too much as it made you feel lightheaded, but then you began to breathe slower.

It wasn’t too strong like the cologne a lot of men use that can make your head feel heavy. His scent was subtle, mixed with his own distinct scent, and the cologne he often wore. It made your head spin.

Before you could process what was happening, he leant down, his hands cupped your face gently in his palms, and you felt his hot lips on the corner of your mouth.

A small gasp slipped out of your lips, when his lips parted, and the tip of his tongue touched your skin at the corner of your lip.

When he the ice cream off, you trembled slightly. It was a soft and moist feeling that provoked something within you.

Now you knew where the ice cream was smudged on your face. It tickled on your lips, inside you, everywhere, your body was on ablaze.

As if that wasn’t enough, he breathed deeply against your lips, his hot breath fanned your face, made your heart race faster, pound harder against your ribcage. It was provocative.

You reached a hand out and gripped onto the counter behind you. Your back was pressed into the counter.

The hard exterior of the counter pressed against your back, making it hurt a bit, but you couldn’t care about that now.

This little act made your head feel light. You needed some support. This was ridiculous, ridiculously good.

You were being hesitant, when in fact your hands were eager to reach up and hold onto him, hold onto him for support. Instead, you tightened your grip on the counter.

His lips stayed on the corner of your mouth, making it slowly burn there, and you breathed out, and breathed in his scent.

The feel of his soft and warm lips made your smooth skin tickle. You couldn’t move. He just made your body turn numb.

A small gasp slid through your throat, when you felt his lips slowly trail out front. His lips gently caressed over yours, the touch felt light like feathers on your lips, so smooth and yet so warm. It tingled so much, it burned so much that he had to kiss you to ease it.

Your breathing hitched in your throat, when you felt his mouth slowly mend with yours, and a warm tingling sensation rushed throughout your body.

Finally, you mustered your courage, removed your hand from the counter, and slowly but surely reached it around his neck. You laid your hand on the back of his neck.

His skin felt warm against your palm. It almost felt burning. You felt the heat from his body transmit through your palm and throughout your body.

You drew him down to you, felt his lips press a bit closer on yours, but not enough, not as much as you wanted to feel his mouth on yours.

His kiss had been firmer than this before, so why was he hesitating now? Was it because the kids were watching? But why were you even kissing? You didn’t want to think of the latter part. It didn’t matter.

When you sensed him pull away, you had to open your eyes and appear fazed. Just a small peck and it was over.

He had pulled back, looked into your eyes deeply and you fluttered your long and dark lashes a few times.

“That was good.” He breathed out.

“W-what?” You breathed deeply, staring into his eyes with a puzzled look.

“The ice-cream. It was good.” He said and he rubbed the back of his neck. He looked the other way.

Your breathing turned deeper and harder. Your face turned hotter and possibly red like chili peppers.

Why did this feel so suggestive? His words were so provocative and suggestive. This kiss had been so suggestive too.

It stirred up something unknown- unfamiliar within you, something you shouldn’t be feeling, especially around kids.

You glanced at the kids, who were too busy looking at one another and eating their pancakes, laughing cutely together over something you didn’t know. They were just gushing of puppy love.

Your eyes drifted back to Yongguk and his returned to yours. You couldn’t speak, couldn’t form any coherent words, so decided to keep your mouth shut as your face heated up.

This was far from innocent in your book. He was looking at you, intently, making it worse, making it harder to not break off the gaze. That made you blush even more. You wanted to dig a hole and hide.

Finally, your eyes drifted to the floor, unable to meet his eyes that were so intense, enticing, and consuming. It was so hard to gaze into those pools of sea dark eyes that made you feel all sorts of weird things.  

“Sweet.” He chuckled deeply as he strode away.

You turned around and looked at him, but he headed out of the room. “I’ll be down after getting changed.” He announced.

Did he just say that to me? You stared out baffled, feeling puzzled-confused, completely lost. Is he mocking me? Is he referring to the ice cream? You pulled off a face full of confusion.

“Can we go play?” Ki Joon asked, making you snap out of your reverie. You turned around and looked at the two kids with a straight look. Your eyes fell upon their empty plates.

“Are you done eating?” You asked, and they both nodded. “Sure.” You smiled and they jumped off the chair.

“We have to clean up.” Bora said as she grabbed onto Ki Joon’s hand.

“Oh-right.” Ki Joon giggled shyly.

Bora seemed to make Ki Joon into an even better boy. You smiled. The two placed their empty plates and cups in the dish washer, and Bora helped wiping off the table.

“Do you help your parents in the kitchen?” You asked, and she nodded. “You are such a good girl.” You her cheek, and she blushed.

You glanced out at Ki Joon, who was looking at Bora with such awe in his eyes, you had to suppress your squeal, or they would get embarrassed. It was so evident that he was smitten by this little sweet angelic girl.

Once the two kids had helped clean up, they ran off to Ki Joon’s room to play with his toys, and you were left alone.

Sometimes, you really wished you could become a child again, and have a kid’s mind that can be so complex at times, but creative, and full of fantasy and so innocent. They never ran out of ideas and could play for hours straight out.

Yongguk had said that he would return after getting changed, but he hadn’t gotten down. It had been more than an hour since he went upstairs. Ki Joon and Bora were upstairs, playing.  

You went to check on the kids a few times, and they were playing on the floor with Ki Joon’s toys. It seemed like Bora liked super heroes. No wonder, the two got along so well.

The dinner was getting cooked now. The pot boiled, the rice was cooking in the rice machine, the meet was getting roasted on the pan on low heat. The other side dishes were in the fridge, already prepared.

Most of the side dishes had your mother prepared and given to you. All you had to do was set the dining table.

You wiped your forehead, feeling hot. You had tied your hair up in a messy bun to let the breeze cool your back and neck. You seated on the barstool and glanced out at the open green yard. It was a sunny day.

You needed a little break. You rested your chin on your palm with your elbow on the counter whilst you scrolled through your social medias, liking your friends’ latest updates and posts.

However, you kept thinking back to the kiss in the kitchen. The way Yongguk had kissed you, staring from the corner of your lip and then on your mouth so gently.

It still tingled on your lips. You reached your hand out, touched your lips gently with your fingertips to ease the burning sensation, and closed your eyes.

How can kissing someone feel this way?

A sudden sound from behind you made you jolt and snap out of your reverie. You turned to look at your side. Yongguk stood in front of the refrigerator. He had just closed the door.

“You should have told me that you would begin cooking, I would have gotten down to help you.” Yongguk said.

You cleared your throat. You hadn’t noticed his presence at all, not even heard him enter the room.

“It’s okay. I didn’t think that you’d be home before dinner. So, I invited my friends over. They will be here anytime soon. I hope you don’t mind.” You told.

“None at all.” He said. His voice was suddenly lower. “Is there anything else I can help with?” He asked, and you shook your head. Your eyes drifted out at the clear skies.

The thing you loved the most about this house was the glass windows. It made the house appear more spacious. It let the house light up by the sun.

The sunrays entered the open room and made the place light up. The sun rays gleamed over the floor, making the crème wooden floor sparkle.

You let out a sigh, but gasped, when you felt something cold suddenly touch your exposed neck. You tipped your head to the side and looked up at Yongguk, who stood beside you.

Your eyes drifted back down to the cold metal feel on your neck. He had pressed a cold can of soda against your neck.

“You look warm.” He said. “Drink this and cool down.” He added as he handed you the can.

“Thanks.” You breathed out and grabbed the drink.

He pulled out the barstool next to you and seated with a can of beer in his hand. Honestly, you were surprised to see that he seated beside you.

Come to think of deeper, you probably hadn’t sat together like this. You stiffened and delved into your thoughts.

Solely, thinking of this fact made you feel somewhat mystified, and you could feel your ears slowly begin to heat up.

Why am I acting this way? Why am I getting nervous around him?

He opened the pull tab, moved the can to his full lips and took a sip. Your eyes followed his movements as he took a big sip, how the apple in his throat moved up and down.

Why does he have to look so handsome when drinking beer from a can?

You looked away before he placed the can on the counter, before he would notice your stare. Honestly, he probably knew you were ogling at him. You took a sip of your soda and breathed out deeply.

Get a grip, Kwon.

“You aren’t coming down with a fever, are you?” He asked, ending the silence around you that was slowly engulfing you.

“No, why?” You said and turned to look into his eyes that drilled in yours. Instantly, you regretted looking into his eyes. He was seated to close to you.

“Then why is your skin flushed?” He asked as he leaned closer.

Somehow, your brain decided to think back to the night Yongguk had come home in a drunk state, when he had kissed you. He still hadn’t mentioned about it. At this rate, you were certain, that he had forgotten about it.

Maybe it had just been meaningless, hence he didn’t remember it. You blinked your eyes, he stared deeply into yours.

“Possibly because I’ve stood in front of the hot stove for a while.” You explained.  

He furrowed his brows, and your eyes drifted down, when he bit onto his bottom lip. He broke off the gaze to take a sip of his drink.

Oh my God, that was such a stupid explanation.

He parted his lips when he had placed the can down to say something, but the doorbell rang, and you jumped out from your chair.

“They must be here.” You said and strode off to open the door without glancing back.

Saved by the bell, you rushed out, leaving the handsome toad behind, who would undoubtably end up discovering that you were blushing because of him, and that would be troublesome.

“I’ll check the food.” Yongguk said but you were already in the hall.

“Yes, thank you.” You cooed aloud as you hurried off.

~❋~

Opening the door, you stared at the four bright and beaming eyes that met yours, and you were pulled in for a tight hug, unexpectedly. You let out a strangled squeal, when their arms closed around you.

“Sera.” Soomin chimed in an emotional tone, making you frown, but you couldn’t move as they squeezed you harder.

Taecyeon gave the tightest hugs ever because of his big and strong arms, squeezing the oxygen out of your lunges. Soomin was nearly as guilty as him. She didn’t hold back either.

“Okay, c’mon. I can’t breathe.” You groaned and tried to wriggle free from their tight grip.

Soomin retrieved and pouted like a kid, making you frown, and wonder why she looked upset. They were acting different.

You took a step back and eyed them suspiciously. You folded your arms over your front and your eyes drifted past the two.

“What’s up?” You asked.

“Taecyeon said that you are feeling alone.” Soomin sighed.

You stiffened for a moment but averted your eyes back to your tall muscular friend with that boyish- innocent grin on his face.

Then he bent down and reached out for something in front of the wall at your side. You stiffened, when he showed up with a basket that was filled with your favorite snacks; chocolate, lemonade drinks, crisps, and mixed candies in a bag, you dropped your jaw.

“You guys.” Your voice became small like a mouse.

Soomin giggled, happy to see your reaction and you whined, letting your arms fall down your sides hopelessly.

She stepped closer and slid her arm around your waist, pulled you in for a tight and warm embrace. You stood still with your arms tied to your sides as she hugged you closely. You were stunned but so touched.

“Don’t feel alone, you have us and Ki Joon too.” She said.

“You guys are literally the best.” You said as you wrapped your arms around her.

Taecyeon reached in and patted your back with his free hand. When you pulled aside, they entered the house and took their shoes off at the entrance.

“Where are the kids?” Soomin asked.

“Upstairs.” You said and looked at the two. “Yongguk is home.” You told.

“Oh, he is?” Soomin somehow smiled and Taec cleared his throat.

“Yes, he came back a while ago.” You explained, and Soomin seemed to smile a lot. You chose to ignore why.

“Let’s go great him.” Taecyeon said and you led the way to the kitchen.

When you entered the kitchen, you had to stop for a second, and stare. Yongguk flipped the meat on the pan and added salt to the meat swiftly, looking cooler than salt bae. And He had already set some of the dishes on the table.

“Hello.” He said, when he turned to look at your friends.

Soomin raised her hand and smiled. She strode up to him and much to your surprise, he gave her a hug, and told her that it was nice to see her again.

“How have you been?” Taecyeon asked as he shook Yongguk’s hand with a smile.

“Good, how about you?” Yongguk asked.

“Alright, thank you.” Taecyeon retrieved.

“So, you’ve already cooked?” Taecyeon asked as he headed to you, and you nodded. “Anything else, I can help with?” He asked further.

“There are some side dishes left in the refrigerator.” You told.

With that, he went to get the last dishes, and Soomin began to set the dining table.

The sounds of energetic barks could be heard, and soon enough, Tigger appeared and jumped around Taecyeon’s leg, excited to see some other people in the house. Taecyeon broke into a laughter.

“Hey you.” He reached down and the dog with a bright smile.

You looked at Yongguk as he was finishing the meat. He was quite good at this. So, you observed him for a bit.

But then you walked over to Yongguk, getting to his side as he was flipping the meat, making it get marinated properly with the sauce you had made.

“I can take over.” You suggested as you reached your hand out to take the fork. Somehow, he grabbed your hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

“I got this. You can bring the kids down.” He said as he gazed into your eyes.

“Okay.” You smiled at him, and he blinked his eyes at you. You took a step back, turned around and headed out.

“I’ll get the lovebirds.” You told with laughter as you strode off.  

The kids were still delved in their game, almost two hours after. Now, they were playing with Ki Joon’s pillows. His bed was a mess, his room was a mess.

The toys were spread everywhere. Your eyes widened but you quickly closed your lips and pulled off a serious look.

The door was open. But you decided to knock on the door to make your presence aware as the two were so lost in one another and their pillow fight that they hadn’t noticed you.

They kept on hitting each other with pillows, and the feathers were spread everywhere. You knocked once more and cleared your throat, loud and clear.

Finally, you saw Ki Joon stiffen with the pillow in his hand, he looked out.

“Uh-oh.” Ki Joon froze, when he saw you at his door and he tossed the pillow away.

His face reddened. You pursed your lips.

Do not laugh, look serious. You must look serious to be taken seriously. But they looked so cute.

“Park Ki Joon and Kang Bora.” You began and the two moved close to each other.

Do not smile, keep that poker face.

“I-I.” Ki Joon stuttered.

Oh God, he looks so worried, I can’t get mad at them.

“Clean up this mess and come down for dinner, alright?” You said with both hands on your hips.

“Yes uhh- mmmo-uh- okay.” Ki Joon stuttered. He turned around and began to clean up and Bora immediately helped.

Oh, this poor kid tried to call you mom, but it was just so hard, because he still remembers his own mother.

You felt that deep pang in your heart, when you walked out the room. You breathed in shakily but a tear drop managed to fall down your cheek. You huffed out.

Rubbed the last tear drops away, headed down, and you hadn’t managed to fully gather yourself, when you made it to the open room.

“Why do you suddenly look down?” Taecyeon asked. 

You walked lifelessly, hopelessly, tiredly over to the kitchen island where your friends were. You seated on the barstool in a thud followed with a loud sigh, you covered your face in your palms, and groaned into your palms.

“What’s the matter, hon?” Soomin asked as she scooted closer to you, placed her palm gently on your back and rubbed you with affection.

Somehow, your eyes began to sting, but no matter how emotional this had made you feel, you didn’t like to break down in front of others.

One thing you really hated was crying in front of others, crying made you feel so vulnerable.

“Did he call you mom?”

It was Yongguk, who had asked that question. Of course, no one else except him could figure it out.  

And finally, you removed your palms from your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter