A Toad in your Bed

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 51

A Toad in your Bed

 

The strong rays of the sun entered through the curtains, lingered on your face. You scrunched your nose, slowly lifted your eyelids, and blinked your eyes.

Your eyes widened at the sight in front of you.

There was a toad in your bed.

You pulled back in an instant, but quickly relaxed as you didn’t want to wake him up. What if the toad got mad at you for waking him up? It was something you didn’t want to happen.

But why in the world was Yongguk sleeping in your room? He was supposed to be sleeping with Junhong in his own bedroom.

You blinked your eyes, feeling confused and shunned. Then you pursed your lips, grinning, when you let an absurd thought cross your mind.

Had he come to your bed because he couldn’t fall asleep without you?

You narrowed your eyes but stiffened at the odd thought you suddenly got. It didn’t make any sense. He wouldn’t do such a thing. You got rid of the thought.

You decided to not do anything, not move, not get out of bed yet, but stare- yes, stare at his peaceful sleeping face that is a rare sight. A sight you should cherish.

You would always wonder how he could have such a calm-peaceful look, when sleeping, but as soon as he is up, and awake, he turns into a cold-hardworking business man.

Why does he have to be so handsome? Ugh!

He was hard as granite, has a heart of stone, his head is hard as stone, his body feels hard like marble, but also so soft, so warm, and so nice. You stiffened and furrowed your brows at the thoughts that wandered through your mind.

Don’t think that! No! shuu! Shuu! Get rid of the thoughts!

However, you kept on gazing at his face, helplessly. His dark eyelashes, his full-plump lips that feel so soft, moist- the kiss from last night that was so tantalizing, his kiss that was so persistent, but persistent about what exactly? He had wanted you to kiss him back, and so you did.

A shudder rushed down your spine at the memory of it. After the kiss, you were back to acting like yourselves, like nothing had happened, like it was just so normal to kiss and move on.

But had you really moved on from it? Didn’t it matter that he kissed you sometimes? You breathed deeply as you thought about it.  

Suddenly you got pulled out of your thoughts, when Yongguk made a movement. You gulped hard, staring at him.

Yongguk stretched his arms. His shoulders stiffened, he chest heaved as he stretched his long legs, his handsome face scrunched, and he let out a deep groan. Then he rubbed his closed eyes. Somehow, you had become frozen.

Then his eyelids slowly lifted, he blinked his eyes a few times, adjusting to the strong light in the room, he looked out, and then he tipped his head to the side, looking at you.

A smile spread on your face, and he froze like a statue, staring at you.

“Good morning.” You chimed softly.

“Y-you are awake?” He let out and furrowed his brows.

Why? Did you expect to wake up before me and get out of the room in time before I woke up? You wanted to say but didn’t.

“Yes.” You simply replied.

He yawned, closed his eyes for a moment, and you stared at his face with a frown. Your hand moved out on its own accord, placing it on his cheek gently.

He seemed tired. You wondered what time he came into your room and feel asleep on the bed. Why did you worry suddenly?

He breathed out deeply, his hot breath soaked your palm. Your heart thudded hard against your chest. You scooted closer to him.

“Yongguk, why are you in my bed?” You asked in a soft voice.

His eyelids lifted, and somehow you were taken back upon seeing his piercing eyes, that you stiffened and brought your hand away from him.

“I couldn’t sleep with Junhong, he’s so tall and big, he took the whole space on the bed.” He said. He looked and sounded annoyed.

Your lips pursed, you bit onto your bottom lip, hiding your smile. Your hand moved back out and you gently placed your palm back on his cheek.

This time, you felt his jaw clench at your touch, but you didn’t want to pull back now. You looked deeply into his eyes.

No matter what, he decided to sleep in here. He could have taken the couch in the living room, or even used the cinema room. The couches in that room were comfortable to lay in.

“You must have slept badly.” You said in a small voice, and he nodded.

“But then I came into your room.” He said in his low husky morning voice.

His eyes were closed as you were looking at him. He seemed sleepy.

“Umm, did you get some sleep then?” You asked softly.

“Yes, a bit, but not enough.” He breathed out.

“You should sleep more.” You said.

There was a moment of silence as you looked at him. You his cheek, his skin was so soft and warm against your palm. Your thumb caressed his skin.

“Kwon?” He called out.

“Hmm?”

Then he tipped his head to the side slowly with his eyes closed, and your heart picked up its pace, when his lips touched your palm, and then he pressed a subtle kiss on the spot.

“I’m going to sleep for an hour. Will you wake me up?” He asked as he opened his eyes.

“Umm.. hmm.. okay.” You breathed out.

“Thanks sweetheart.” He purred tiredly.

He closed his eyes again. He breathed in and out deeply. His face was slightly puffy. His hair was ruffled, a mess, and he looked so sweet.

Your hand was still on his cheek, and you were numb. You frowned, when you saw that he furrowed his brows. The sunrays were getting on his face.

You pulled your hand away from his cheek, but suddenly he gripped your wrist in a vice grip, making you stiffen. You looked at him, but he kept his eyes closed.

“Don’t go yet.” He breathed out deeply and he just held onto your wrist for a bit as you said nothing.

“Yongguk, let me pull the curtains.” You said.

He groaned, but finally let go of your wrist. You quickly slid out of the bed. You hurried over to the windows, pulled the curtains, blocking the light, and the room darkened.

You turned around and glanced at Yongguk. The sunrays got blocked by the dark curtains and no longer irritated his eyes.

“Come back.” He whispered.

Somehow, your legs moved against your own accord. You headed back to bed and scooted closer to him.

“I’m right here.” You said in a small voice.

Then you did the most unimaginable thing, you intertwined your fingers with his, and your heart jumped inside your chest, when he tugged your hand, drawing your hand to his chest.

Your body turned stiff as you felt the heat from his body emit on your hand, and it soaked your skin. You were unmovable for a while. You couldn’t do anything.

Minutes later you relaxed as you heard his deep breathings. He had finally fallen back asleep. You laid there, staring at his face. Your heart thudded against your chest.

You had lost sense of time, didn’t know how long you had been laying on the bed, resting, when a knock came on the door and you looked up.

A second later, the door opened, and as expected, Ki Joon stood there with his morning puffy eyes, and a clueless look. His eyes drifted from you and to the sleeping Yongguk.

“Why are you sleeping here, and why is uncle Junhong sleeping in the other room?” He asked.

You glanced at Yongguk. He was breathing deeply, sleeping soundly, and you carefully freed your hand from his grip and silently crawled out of bed.

Ki Joon walked out of the room and waited outside. He knew not to be loud, because Yongguk was sleeping. Once you entered the hall, you looked down at Ki Joon who still had a confused look.

Ki Joon must have entered Yongguk’s room and gotten a little surprised upon seeing Junhong there and discovering that you and Yongguk were missing.

“Uncle Junhong slept over, because it got too late. We didn’t want to send him home. Because uncle Junhong is so tall he must sleep in the big bed. That’s why dad and I had to sleep in my old room.” You explained.

“Oh.” Ki Joon cooed, understanding it, and you nodded.

“C’mon, lets wash up. We have to make breakfast for daddy and uncle.” You said as you reached your hand down to him. He grabbed your hand and smiled widely. You headed to the bathroom.

“What does uncle Junhong like to eat?” He asked, when you entered the bathroom, and you shook your head.

“I don’t know, sweetheart.” You told.

You grabbed his toothbrush and added a bit toothpaste on it before handing the toothbrush to him. He looked up at you.

“Maybe uncle Junhong likes pancakes, can we have pancakes?” He asked as he looked up, batting his eyelashes cutely,

For a four-year-old kid, he was so considerate. Sometimes so wise, he surprised you. You smiled widely as your heart heated up and melted.

“Of course. I am sure uncle Junhong would like that.” You beamed.

Ki Joon giggled and began to brush his teeth. You grabbed your toothbrush, added toothpaste to it and began to brush your teeth thoroughly.

“Mkk ss t bsh yoo thh thgly.” You spat into the sink, and Ki Joon laughed. His cheeks flushed.

“Okay.” He piped out and brushed his teeth thoroughly.

He spat in the sink, gurgled some water, and continued to brush his teeth. You smiled to yourself. He understood what you said as it wasn’t the first time you did that.

He thought it was funny, when you tried to talk with toothpaste in your mouth. You totally did it on purpose to make him laugh, and it always worked.

The first floor was quiet, your eyes scanned the place, looking around you, and then you walked over to the cabinets. You began to search for lunch boxes.

The kid was wandering around in the living room with Tigger. He had Tigger’s toy in his hand and the dog followed him eagerly.

There were lunchboxes in the house, your eyes widened, and you closed the cabinet again and quickly looked around you. Yongguk hadn’t come down yet.

Then you called Ki Joon, and he quickly showed up with Tigger behind him. The two kids looked hungry, and you smiled. The brown poodle’s food bowl got filled and it began to eat.

You brought out the ingredients that you needed to make pancakes. Ki Joon wanted pancakes this morning and he wanted his tall uncle Junhong to eat pancakes. You smiled to yourself, because he was so thoughtful for his age.

Ki Joon stood on a chair in front of the counter. He had a large bowl in which he was mixing together the ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.

It was Ki Joon favorite part, to mix it all together. You added the final ingredients and he mixed it till it became smooth.

He had some flour on his cheek, which he rubbed off, but it only smudged even more. You giggled, grabbed a napkin, and wiped it off from his cheek.

You looked on the watch on your phone. It was soon eight am. Junhong hadn’t come down either. You furrowed your brows, wondering about what time Junhong usually wakes up, and if he had to go to the company with Yongguk. 

You turned around and looked at the bowl with fruits. A red apple, as red as the apple which Snow White ate caught your attention. You grabbed the apple, took a bite of the red, fresh, and tasty fruit.

You cooed, chewing the apple and then your eyes drifted out to the hall that was empty. Yongguk hadn’t come down yet. You had to wake him up.

Your eyes traveled down your body. You let out a small sigh. You were still dressed in your pajama as you couldn’t enter your room, when Junhong was sleeping there. You didn’t want to risk waking him up.

Who knows if he gets grumpy like Yongguk does, when you accidentally wake him up? You took another bite of the juicy apple, and then you strode off to the stairs.  

~❋~

There was no need to knock on the door as Yongguk was most likely still sleeping. Hence, you opened the door to your old bedroom and entered the room.

Immediately, as you looked out, your eyes fell upon him, widening of surprise.

“Oh God. I’m sorry!” You burst out.

Instinctively, your hands shot up, covering your eyes from the sight. For some reason, your heart began to race, your cheeks started to turn warm, and you flushed up.

You hadn’t seen anything, and yet you freaked out. You didn’t know what to do of yourself.

“Relax, I’m not .” He let out in that morning husky voice.

You peeked through a hole that you made in your palms, and your eyes trailed down his bare chest, his defined abs and to the deep lines at his pelvis.

Your breath hitched in your throat, when he dragged his zipper up. Then you finally pulled your hands away from your face and looked at him.

Your eyes fell upon his back. His back was broad, he had a v-shape, a lean waist, and broad shoulders.

Your eyes stopped at the tattoo on his upper shoulder blade, that read ‘Do what u like and luv what u Do.’ and above the final word ‘what’ were three little stars. It was such a great quote and advice, to think he had those words tattooed on his skin, made you wonder why.

He grabbed a black t-shirt from the bed and pulled it over his head. He had no shame, really, none at all. But neither did you as you were staring at his body. You huffed out, feeling your face and ears burn.

If you had just walked in a minute earlier, you would have seen… No, you stopped your thoughts, glanced the other way, breathed in and out.

“You are up.” You finally said.

“Yes. Did you come to wake me up?” He asked as his eyes drifted out to you.

“Well.” You paused as he walked past you.

“Where did you get your clothes from?” You asked with a frown, when you realized that he had changed his clothes.

He stopped at the door, turned around, and looked at you, meeting your curious gaze.

“I went to our room.” He said.

“Isn’t Junhong sleeping?” You asked.

“He is, but he sleeps like a rock.” He said, and you cooed.

“Oh.” Then you froze, when you realized that his eyes trailed down your body.

You tensed up, feeling overly aware of yourself and your certain, different kinds of pjs. His eyes stopped at your legs. Your cheeks began to heat up. You shouldn’t have worn shorts.

“You can grab your clothes from the room and get changed.” He told. His voice was somehow different, lower, and huskier.

Then he walked away, and you stared off. Your eyes quickly went down your legs, and you realized you had tucked your blouse in your shorts.

Your blouse was long and would have reached down to your knees, if you hadn’t tucked it into your shorts. You groaned, pulling out the fabric from your shorts, but nearly screamed, when Yongguk suddenly showed up and stopped at the door.

“What the.” He froze.

You quickly pulled your shirt down, covering your stomach before you revealed any more skin. Your body tensed up, in an awkward way, and you stared at his face that looked hard as granite.

“What are you doing?” You asked.

“I could ask you that? The door is still open.” He grunted.

“I wasn’t about to undress, chill out.” You fired.

He froze, his face turned harder than granite, his eyes darker than coal, his jaw clenched, his nostrils flared, but you noticed his left eye twitch.

“I came to say that I will drop Ki Joon off.”

“No, don’t do it.” You hurriedly said.

“Why not?” He asked with a frown.

You frowned, because it would ruin your plan if he did that. Your eyes widened, and you looked around you, trying to think of something.

“B-because, I need to talk to his teachers about something.” You said.

“About what?” He asked.

There was a moment of break as you were thinking of excuses.

Why can’t you just keep your mouth shut, toad. I am planning on visiting your company with Ki Joon, so he can’t go to kindergarten today!

“Kwon?” He called out.

“I just want to know how things are going, and there’s that festival soon, and we still haven’t got dates for when it is.” You said.

“Can’t that wait?” He asked.

“No.” You said firmly.

“Well, alright then.” He said.

You walked out of the room. Yongguk stood in the hall and you looked out, avoiding his eyes, but you could feel him looking at you.

“Are you sure I can go inside the room, and Junhong won’t wake up?” You asked.

“Kwon?”

“Yes?”

“Go get your clothes.” He ordered.

“Okay.” You said and walked off to your room.

Just when you grabbed onto the door handle and were about to pull it down, the door open, and Junhong stepped out.

Firstly, your eyes fell upon the brown Pomeranian

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter