Intoxicated

Twist Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist Of Fate

Chapter 33

Intoxicated

 

Unfamiliar voices filled your ears, making your heart beat faster, and your eyes snapped open. You sat up on the hard bed, that smelled of medicine, and your eyes scanned the room.

“Lay down.”

A deep tone ordered, and your eyes flickered towards the direction of his familiar voice, but before you could process anything. He leaned over you, grabbed your arms, and laid you down.

“Yongguk?” You called in a small voice.

“Lay still.” He ordered, because you tried to get up again.

“The doctor said you need to rest.” He said.

“What is wrong with me.” You asked in a fearful tone.

“What happened at the club, Kwon. What did you take?” He asked, and you frowned.

His eyes became harder, colder, and sharper. You breathed erratically and shook your head, not knowing what he was talking about.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

“I didn’t think you would do such a rash thing, Kwon.” His voice became deeper, and he took a step back from the bed.

His face became harder, more rigid, and his dark eyes bore in yours, making you shiver. You shook your head. He was blaming you of something that you hadn’t done, and something that was so unlike you.

“Nothing.. I did nothing.” You said.

“The doctor said you have consumed a pill.. what pill is it?” He asked, and his voice became harsher and colder.

Your eyes became wider, and you sat up in the bed. Yongguk was about to lay you down again, but you smacked his chest, making him stagger back.

“What do you think of me?” You hissed.

His face became possibly harder, he clenched his jaw, and his brows furrowed a bit, making his expression look cold.

“I don’t know. The doctor said you took a pill, and they are running some test on you to find out what drug you took.” He said.

“Drug?” You repeated with wide eyes.

“What happened last night?” He asked, and you shook your head.

“I don’t remember.” You cried out, panicking.

Yongguk stood still, looking hard, and cold like the first time you met him. A cold shudder ran down your spine, and you felt how your blouse was glued to your skin.

He opened his mouth, about to speak, but the doctor walked in, pushing the curtains aside, and he faced you with a medical description file in his hand.

The doctor seemed young, he had a warm gaze, and his eyes were filled with compassion, compared to the stone- hard man next to you.

“Hello Miss Kwon. I am doctor Han. How are you feeling?” The doctor asked.

Even his voice was sweet like honey, compared to the hard man next to you, who had an ocean deep voice.

“I feel a bit better, but I am still dizzy, and I feel drowsy.” You said.

“Its understandable.” The doctor said, and you still felt confused.

“What is wrong with me, what pill have I taken?” You asked.

The doctor put his medical file down and approached you. His eyes became softer, full of concern and empathy.

“It appears, Miss Kwon, that you have consumed Rohypnol.. in other words, miss Kwon. Its called a date pill.”

“A what?” Yongguk burst out.

His voice possibly harsher than before. Your eyes flickered back to Yongguk, who looked like a madman ready to kill.

The doctor gave him a quick glance, and ignored him, before he averted his eyes back to you. His eyes were still filled with compassion.

“Which means that you have not taken this pill yourself, but someone tried to drug you.” The doctor said.

You stared at the doctor, becoming numb, and stiff. You felt your blood flush out of you, and your face turned pale, and white like snow.

Yongguk approached the doctor, but he ignored Yongguk, and kept his gaze locked with yours. He seemed to have quickly caught onto your shocked look, and hurriedly grasped your hand in his.

“Miss Kwon, please breathe deeply, your blood pressure is rising.” He said, and you could suddenly hear the heart machine beep frantically.

“Breathe Miss Kwon.”

Suddenly, you felt a familiar warm hold on you, and your eyes flickered to his direction. Yongguk leaned over you.

He had grabbed both your hands in his, and he had a light, and yet firm grip. The doctor stepped back, and his eyes were on the machine that read your heart rate.

“Look at me.” Yongguk ordered, and you stared into his deep eyes.

Just a moment ago those sharp eyes looked dark, and cold. But now, they seemed warm, and there was a sparkle in them.

“Sera.” He breathed deeply.

“You are alright, Miss.” The doctor announced, and you noticed that you couldn’t hear the machine beep loudly now.

The doctor stole a glance at Yongguk and gave him a warm smile. “Please Miss Kwon, try to take it easy. I know you are shocked to hear this.” The doctor said, and you nodded. He gave you a warm smile.

“This pill Rohypnol can be detected seventy-two hours later, and you will have symptoms for a long time. But most importantly, we need to run some more tests on you, now that we know which drug you’ve consumed.” Doctor Han added.

“What kind of test will you take?” Yongguk asked, and his voice was deep.

“We need to check if-”

“No.” You gasped, pulling your hands away from Yongguk. “It can’t be.”

“Miss Kwon. I’ve called the police, and you need to file a report. But you need to try to remember that man, who did this to you.” The doctor said.

“What kind of tests will you take?” You finally asked.

“We need to check if you’ve been ually assaulted miss.” The doctor said.

“But I am.. I.. I should be.. I.” Your voice faded.

The doctor seemed to get your message. “We will use alternative techniques, Miss. Don’t worry. In a bit, a nurse will come, and take you.” The doctor said, and you nodded. You felt helpless.

“Are you sure you can go through the report with the police later?” The doctor asked, and you nodded again.

The doctor soon left the small room. You stared off. You tried to think of whom it could have been, but most importantly, if you had been .

Nothing seemed to come to your mind. Nothing at all, and it scared you now. You couldn’t remember last night.

“Why can’t I remember anything?” You asked aloud.

“It’s that bastard, who you spoke of last night, isn’t it?” Yongguk snapped.

Yongguk suddenly laid his hand over yours, and you stared up and into his dark eyes.

“What was his name?” He asked.

You were quiet, and you tried to think of it, how he looked, and what he had done. But you couldn’t remember anything at all.

“What is the name of the club?” He asked.

“Black Night.” You said, and he breathed deeply.

“That should be efficient enough.” He said, and you furrowed your brows.

The curtains pulled back, and a nurse stepped inside the small room. She also had a medical report with her.

“Miss Kwon?” She called, and you looked at her. “Will you please follow me.” She said.

Your eyes flickered back to Yongguk, and he stood numb. You stared into his eyes, and tears filled your eyes.

Yongguk suddenly moved his hand out. You closed your eyes, when you felt his fingertips slide down your cheek. He caressed your cheek ever so softly, and it somehow made you calm down a bit.

Suddenly, an image came to your mind. Yongguk kissed your cheek. Did he kiss your cheek last night, but why? It couldn’t be. You had probably hallucinated it.

You stepped out of the bed and stood up. You gasped, when you felt how weak your legs were. Your legs bucked.

You saw how the nurse approached you to help you, but she quickly backed away. Yongguk was beside you before she could get there.

He grabbed your arm, helped you stand up straight, and you gripped onto his arm firmly. The nurse stepped aside and gazed at the both of you.

“You can follow me.” She said and walked out.

Yongguk guided you to the medical room where you would be examined. Unconsciously, you tightened your grip on his arm, but he didn’t seem to mind.

Suddenly, you felt his hand slide down your back, and he moved his hand around your waist. Then he tugged your hip, pulling you close into him.

You leaned into him, letting him guide you, and you took small steps. He felt hard, and you leaned against his arm that also felt hard, and yet warm.

You tugged onto him arm as you approached the examination room, and you didn’t want to get inside. You feared the worst, and then he stopped, when you finally made it.

The nurse stood at the door, waiting for you, but your feet were glued to the ground. Yongguk stood next to you, and he seemed hard like granite suddenly.

“It’s okay.” He said.

“I’m scared.” You confessed.

Yongguk gazed down, and into your deep brown eyes. Suddenly he leaned down, his palms cupped your cheeks, and you felt his lips meet your forehead.

He pressed his plump lips hard on you, and you closed your eyes, but instinctively tugged onto his shirt.

Your legs were trembling, your heart was racing, and you didn’t know what was happening to you. You felt uncanny inside you.

“Don’t be scared. I am with you.” He breathed out once he pulled back.

You stood still and gazed on the grey ground. Those words reminded you of something else, and you couldn’t tell what it was.

It felt like you had a sudden déjà vu, as though it wasn’t your first time hearing these words from him. But he couldn’t have said such a thing to you before.

“I’ll be waiting.” He said once he pulled away.

Your eyes flickered up, and fell upon his plump, and reddish lips. His lips had felt so soft, and yet hard. The feel of them on your skin sent a shudder down your spine.

Suddenly an image of Yongguk leaning down to you, and kissing you formed in your inner eye. You furrowed your brows and broke off your stare.

What was that?

“Are you ready, Miss Kwon?” The nurse asked, making you snap out of your trance.

“Go inside and take it easy.” He said.

His voice was unlike his usual deep voice. He suddenly sounded softer, calmer, assuring, and gentler. And it had a positive effect on you.

You clutched onto his blouse, and you somehow didn’t want to let go of him. You made a small sound of displease, and then a gasp passed through your throat, when you felt him wrap his arms around your waist.

Yongguk pulled you into him hard, and yet tentatively. You quickly buried your face against his chest.

You were suddenly shaking, but then you felt his warm palms slide down your back, and he rubbed you gently.

The hardness of his body, and his warmth gave you a sort of calmness. Yet, you didn’t want to let go of him. His body felt rock-hard, and rigid. You stiffened suddenly in his hold.

“You have to go in now.” He said, and you breathed deeply. “You’ll be okay. Everything’s gonna be alright.” He assured.

You gathered yourself and stepped back. You didn’t know why you were hugging onto him like that. You were practically glued onto him.

You needed to get examined and figure out if something had happened to you. But you were so scared, because what would you do if the worse thing possible had happened to you?

~❋~

By the time you came back from the examination room, and to your bed, Yongguk was nowhere to be seen.

You stared out blankly, feeling your heart sink, and a sudden emptiness filled your whole heart. He had promised that he would stay with you.

“Sera.”

A familiar female voice broke out. Someone pulled the curtains back and stepped inside the small room.

“Natasha?” You called out.

You stared at her, and she was in front of you, in matter of a second. Her arms slid around you, and she pulled you into her.

The air in your lunges deflated, and you felt squeezed like a sandwich as she hugged you tightly into her. She exclaimed and hugged you tighter. You gasped, but held onto her.

“Oh, sweet Sera. I am so sorry.” She said in a hurt tone.

“Where is Yongguk?” You asked as she hugged you.

Yongguk’s older sister suddenly stiffened in your embrace. She pulled back to meet your gaze, but she gripped your arms firmly. She breathed deeply and you looked into her eyes curiously.

“He said he had to take care of something… But.. Oh God. Have you gotten the results?” Her eyes widened at the latter part.

Realization suddenly dawned on you. The strength in your legs was suddenly gone, and your knees buckled.

“Oh!”

A deep tone broke out, and someone caught you in their arms before you slipped. Your eyes flickered up, and you stared into his eyes.

He looked so much like Yongguk, and he even sounded like him. Their voices were identical. You needed a second to realize that it wasn’t Yongguk, and your heart sank to your guts.

“Yongnam?”

“Sera, are you alright?” Yongnam broke out with wide eyes, and he helped you stand up straight.

Yongnam hands gripped your shoulders firmly, making sure you didn’t lose your balance, and you quickly steadied yourself.

“I’m okay. Thank you.” You said in a small tone.

He guided you to your bed, and you sat down on the hard mattress, feeling your remaining energy leave your body.

You inhaled sharply, but scrunched your nose at the smell of hospital and shrugged. You wanted to just leave the place.

“Stay still. I’ll get you something to drink.” He said, and you nodded.

“Sis, keep an eye on her.” Yongnam said before he hurried out.

There was a moment of silence, when Yongnam left the room. You knew what they were all thinking. You feared it too. You didn’t know what to do if something had happened to you.

How could it have happened? You just couldn’t remember anything and that scared you further. You shuddered.

“I should be able to feel it, right?” You asked in a small tone.

Natasha clutched onto her bag and froze. Her usual warm complexion seemed slightly pale. She furrowed her brows, looking a bit confused, and you stared into her lost gaze.

“Sera?” Her voice was suddenly small too.

“Yes?” You said.

“Have you and Yongguk.. never?” She froze mid-sentence and cleared . “You never?” She closed .

Your eyes shot up, and you shook your head frantically. She stiffened once again and cried out, when she realized what you were trying to tell her.

“Oh no.” She clutched onto her chest.

You and Yongguk doing it? you and him? No. You looked the other way before Natasha caught onto your surprised look.

You couldn’t think of it. Or could you?  You aren’t even a couple. Yongguk loathes you. How could you even think of him.. and you.. doing something not so pure. You shuddered immensely.

He thinks you are a burden. He wishes that you never adopted Ki Joon. He wants Ki Joon for himself. He loves to spend time alone with Ki Joon.

He said that himself. You shook your head. But despite all of that, why did you wish for him to be next to you, right now? You sighed deeply.

“I’m scared.” You whispered.

You laid down in the bed, and Natasha sat on the chair next to the bed, facing you. It was assuring having Natasha with you. At least you weren’t alone.

If you had been alone, you couldn’t imagine what kinds of thoughts would flood in your mind, and you felt a cold shudder run down your spine.

“It’s okay. Try not to think of it.” Natasha spoke calmly.

Time went by as you waited for your results. Yongnam entered and left the room multiple times, and you wondered why. It seemed like he was taking care of something on the phone. He seemed busy.

Yongguk hadn’t showed up, and time was passing by. Your eyelids slowly closed, and you forced yourself to stay up. You wanted the results now. You couldn’t stay calm until you knew it.

You didn’t want to wait any longer. It was becoming unbearable. You kept thinking of the previous night, and you had forgotten so much.

How could you forget an entire night of incidents? It was scary how a pill could do such a thing to the human body.

But the guy at the bar, he appeared in your inner eye. He bought you drinks. He pretended to be nice, and friendly.

He had even said that he has a kid. Could it have been him? did he drug you? You laid still in bed as you pondered about it.

Where had Soo Min been, when that guy showed up? Your mind was full of questions. And what had happened when you arrived home?

He did try to make a move on you, but you told him off. You lied about having a boyfriend to make him back away.

You told him that Yongguk, Ki Joon’s father was your boyfriend. A blatant lie. You seemed to remember that.

Then you remember leaving the club. You remember wanting to get away from there. You shook your head and gripped your temples. Your heart was pounding even more. Nothing happened to you. You were sure, right?

“Sera, the police said to not force yourself. They’ll check the surveillance and know.” Natasha said as she noticed how you were absent minded.

The police had left a while ago after filling your report, and you couldn’t give them much information. You couldn’t remember what the guy looked like.

“Where is Yongnam?” You asked out of the blue.

You sat up in bed abruptly. “I need to pick Ki Joon up from kindergarten. We told him that we would come at two pm. What time is it?”

“Sera?”

Yongnam called out, the moment he stepped inside, and your eyes wandered up to him. “Himchan has gone to pick Ki Joon up. You don’t have to worry. He is taking him home to my parents.” Yongnam assured you.

“Where is Yongguk?” You asked once more, and his siblings stared at you.

“Yongguk has to take care of something urgent. He will most likely meet you at home.” Yongnam said.

You furrowed your brows as you stared into his deep brown eyes, and he looked stiff. But unlike Yongguk, you could tell that Yongnam was hiding something.

Yongnam couldn’t hide his expression. He rubbed the back of his neck and averted his eyes, trying to avoid your gaze.

Yongguk was pro at looking unfazed, but not Yongnam. You stared deeper into his eyes, and he looked unbending, but you could tell that something was up.

You wondered where Yongguk was and what he was doing.. Maybe he left for work, but why couldn’t he have just said it. You wouldn’t be mad at him.

But Yongnam wasn’t about to tell you what Yongguk was up to. He would have done that already, if he wanted to.

Time went by as you waited for your test results to come, and the nurse would come to check your vitals, occasionally.

The curtails got pulled back, and your eyes flickered up. Your heart began to race for a quick second, and then you stiffened.

You leaned up, and straightened your back, when Doctor Han showed up. He had his medical record on him, and it dawned on you. He came with the results.

“Miss Kwon?” He called out in a soft tone.

Natasha instinctively grabbed your hand and gave it a light squeeze. It helped you calm down so much, and you breathed deeply, preparing yourself.

“You don’t have to worry. We found nothing on your results. You are clean, thankfully.” Doctor Han announced with a smile on his face.

“Can I go home now?” You asked, getting out of the hard bed and your back felt sore.

Natasha quickly grabbed your arm, steadying you, and you stared into your doctor’s eyes with wide eyes.

“Please Doctor Han. I want to see my son.” You said.

You noticed the look of surprise on the doctor’s face, but it only lasted for a second. “You are married?” The doctor asked with a smile.

“It’s the man from earlier, right? No wonder he looked quite mad, when I told you that you had been drugged.” The doctor said, and you stared at him dumbfounded.

“He did what?” You felt so confused now.

“At the beginning, he thought you had taken some pills, and he couldn’t seem to understand why. We believed that you had overdosed. He kept discussing with me, telling me that you aren’t such a woman, that you are innocent and would never harm your own body. Now I understand why he said all those things.” The doctor smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter