Time

New Beginning

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                After not getting an answer from Taera, I found myself looking everywhere for her. When I ran out of ideas where she could be, I finally bought a new phone and never have I imagined the importance of it in my life until now. I tried calling Taera every now and then until I reached her apartment. And as expected, no one was answering. I called Hongki again and this time to ask for Mina’s number as I stayed outside Taera’s apartment hoping she would pop out any second now. Mina didn’t answer on my first call and I tried calling her again, knowing very well how Mina acts towards her phone. Luckily, she answered on my second call.

                “Who’s this?” It was not Mina though, it was Jaejin. His voice sounded very stern and I can’t help but let out a snicker at him.

                “Ya, Jaejin-ah, this is Jonghun.”

                “Oh,” His voice changed instantly upon hearing my name and I let out a soft laugh. “What’s up hyung? And why is your number unregistered in Mina’s phone?”

                “Long story, I’ll tell you back at the dorm. But can I talk to Mina?”

                “About what hyung?” I felt a hint of suspicion on Jaejin’s voice and it was so funny to hear him this way.

                “Ya, are you Mina?” I decided to pick on him a bit.

                “Whatever you want to ask Mina you can tell me.” He said stubbornly. I let out a sigh.

                “Are you jealous?”

                “A..A..Ani.”

                “You’ve nothing to worry about anymore. I gave up on her already remember?” I felt a tiny excruciating pain inside me still when I said those words.” And besides, she obviously chose you.” I thought to myself. There was no instant reply from the other line though. I sighed again and thought that this conversation was going too far.

                “Sorry, hyung.” I nodded to acknowledge his apology, only to realize that he cannot see it.

                “It’s okay. I just called to ask Mina if she knows where Taera is.” I answered him and as if by some drama scene, I failed to hear Jaejin’s reply when I saw two figures coming towards me. I dropped the call and stared stupidly at the approaching figures; Taera and Minhyuk were together.

                “Jonghun.” Taera failed to hide her surprised and I can tell very well with her eyes. But I was more surprised to see them together.

                “I’m leaving now. Bye hyung.” Minhyuk bowed to us and we watched him as he disappear from our sight. I looked at Taera and I didn’t have a good feeling about the two of them being together but as of now, I needed to explain myself first.

                “Taera, let me explain.” My voice was pleading and she didn’t respond as she opened her door’s apartment. She left the door open and I took that as I sign that I can get inside. I closed the door once I got in and looked at her, hoping she would let me explain.

                “Where were you?” She then finally turned to me after seconds of silence. Taera’s eyes were looking for an answer. I looked at her deep in her eyes, hoping she’ll realize that what I would be saying will be nothing but the truth.

                “It’s a long story.” I sighed and she sat on the couch and looked at me.

                “Go start.” She looked at me with patient eyes and I smiled at her and sat next to her and told her about my unlucky day. At first I thought she wasn’t buying it but as the story progressed she laughed at my own misery and I can’t help but feel relieved that she trusts me.

                “Tough luck. Tsk tsk.” She said with an amused face as she shook her head.

                “I know. I’m so tired.” I leaned my head on her shoulders and we fell silent for a while. I closed my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggle on her neck. “Thank you for letting me explain.” I said as I felt her warmth engulf my body. But that was when I realized, she wasn’t hugging back. I took myself off of her and looked at her. “You don’t believe me?”

                “I do believe you.” She answered in a weak but defending voice.

                “Then what’s wrong?” I pulled her into a hug again without removing my gaze at her but she avoided my eyes and looked down instead. Then I remembered Minhyuk was with her just now. “Does this have to do with Minhyuk?” She didn’t respond and kept on looking somewhere else.

                “Jonghun, can I ask you something?”

                “What is it?”

                “What do you feel for me?” She finally looked at me and I was the one who looked away this time, the question caught me off guard. What is with this sudden question? I knew I had to answer it but I wasn’t sure how to. Whatever I will say will definitely affect what we have now and we both know that we cannot always run away from this reality. We both know that sooner or later, we have to question ourselves, what we mean to each other. And for us, that time came NOW.

author: i updated as promised. xD yeah..still vague thouGh >:D WAHAHAHAHA XDD anyway, yeah..i need to make up for the crappy chapter yesterday OTL OTL xD

@hongki/hongbutt- dear, you're using 2 accounts?? xD hahaha

@prisxy-they saw them xD kekeke~ brutal like yeah.. :) and no you're not typing too much :"> <33 i really appreciate the effort you put in commenting :">

@kokokoko- xD many more to come? i guess? xD ahahaha

4 days to go till jaejin's birthday......... WHAT TO DO?? :| :( T^T -___- TT__TT