Circle

New Beginning

Hongki's POV:

While Jonghun was away to search for love during our three days break, I was left in Korea searching for answers my heart started to question. Never had I thought that I would be able to look at someone else again; someone who wasn't Kyung-Hee. I didn't know how it started, how it happened but the next thing I know, I found myself looking for that girl, who brought me nothing but questions. But at the same time, if she wasn't anywhere my sight, my feelings turn weary.

Should I look or not? Should I stay away or not? -- I kept on asking myself.

Everytime I look at Minjung, I can't understand what I was supposed to feel. I would be happy at first but there would always be that guilty feeling inside, followed by flashes of Kyunghee would come to my mind. At that instant, I would tell myself, "I don't want to forget about Kyunghee." Just when I thought I found my resolve already, Minjung's voice would play in my head, "continuing this life without them doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll forget about them." was back at square 1 again; back at nothing, resolved nothing. I was going around in circles, which one was right, which one should I follow.

I angrily messed my hair in frustration as I continue to stare at nothing and let my mind wander on its own.

Time didn't fly like I was expecting it to. Instead, it was like I got stuck in it; a prisoner of it. I sighed at myself, wondering what was happening to me. After she was gone, I managed to go on everyday, pretending I was fine when deep inside I was missing her. Then that girl had to come and turn my world upside down, leaving me no choice but to confront my real feelings, face the things I tried so hard running away from.

I did nothing the whole day but stare at thin air but I found myself getting so tired because of it. I got enough self conviction to look for food and feed my already hungry stomach. I lazily went to the kitchen and looked for something that can satisfy my empty stomach.

"Wish I can fill my questions easily just like the way I fill my hunger." I thought out loud to myself and continued looking for somehting but eventually found none and this got me more frustrated. I went out to look for the maknaes and prepared my scolding for leaving me with nothing to eat. "WHERE DID ALL THE--" I was about to march in the living room, but I was cut off when I found myself getting shock when I saw Sehyun with them.

"What is it you're looking for hyung?" I heard Minhwan asked but I didn't reply.

"Oh by the way hyung, Sehyun is here. I hope you don't mind." Seunghyun must have noticed that I was staring at his brother and I immediately let my gaze off of him. I just nodded to  him.

"Hello Hongki-hyung. I hope I'm not a bother. I will leave soon anyway. I'm just waiting for Minjung." When he said that, it felt like something inside of me snapped. I felt my ears getting hot.

"Yeah, whatever." I just said coldly. "How come there's no food?" I asked the maknaes finally, trying to get rid of what I was feeling.

"Minjung went out to buy food. Just wait a little hyung. She'll be coming back soon." Minhwan explained. I was about to turn around but the door opened and I can feel my hunger getting ahead of me and I instincively look at the food Minjung bought.

"Here's your dinner." She handed it over to Seunghyun and Minhwan. They were both obviously hungry judging by their reactions. They hurriedly went to the table and started unpacking the food and prepared to eat and I followed suite. "We'll be leaving now." Minjung shouted over to us.

"Have fun!" Suenghyun said to them as he started nibbling on his food. "Don't stay out too late Sehyun." He continued saying and that was when I realized the both of them were leaving.

"Yes hyung. Bye." Sehyun and Minjung then left and the next thing I heard was the door closing.

I felt my heart breaking but I was too confused to process what I was feeling, too reluctant to understand anything. I found myself picturing Minjung and Sehyun together, eating dinner, watching a movie, holding hands while walking along the streets, smiling at each other and every piece of that picture was enough to send a shock through my veins, making me incapable of doing anything but stare dumbfoundedly in the air.

"Hyung are you all right? Hyung?" Seunghyun's voice removed me from the mental torture I was giving myself. I didn't answer. I just stared at him. "You know hyung, you're too stubborn that's why you're having a hard time right now."

"Huh?"

"I said, Sehyun's going to ask Minjung tonight if she can be his girl friend."

When he said that I instantly stood up and shock was clear on my face. After a few seconds of contemplating, I went back to my seat and started eating, filling my mouth with big servings of food while staring blankly.

"Do you think she'll say  yes?" I heard Minhwan asked Seunghyun. It was faint but it was clear enough for me to process it. I shot the two of them a look and they both stared back at me.

"I will just buy something." I said half consciously and dropped my chopsticks.

I then dashed out but went back to grab the car keys. I was frantically hurrying my way out and letting my body do what it wanted.

"Hyung!" Seunghyun's voice stopped me from opening the door and it calmed me down a little. "The cafe on the next street." He said and I slowly turned to him, giving him a questioning look. "Go." He smiled to me and that was when I realized what he was talking about.

"Thank you." I gave a soft smile to him and then dashed out.

I decided to make a run for it since the place was near and bringing a car there would only be a bother.

While running like a mad man and letting the cold air touch my skin, my head was filled with nothing but hope that I will make it on time.

xx--xx

guys, i'm sorry if i update slowly.. :( i got myself too hooked writing this other fic.. if you're interested, do check it out.. :) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/162903/fragments-ftisland-hongki-jaejin-jonghun-minhwan-seunghyun and also because lappy got broken for 2 weeks =__= I'll try to finish this one soon w.o making the plot suffer..sorry if this one is short..see you soon.. :)

@jaceBlue-omg i dont mind if you spam my comments ;A; im very happy for each comment,like seriously thank you ;A; and im glad you're enjoying reading this.. :"> thank you thank you!! <3

@rachelxzoe- BIBLE.. BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

@ChocoBun- ekekekke yes yes exactly my thoughts xD

@frenata-omg yes yes xD hahahahahahaha.. im sorry for torturing jonghun xDD

@sangriilee- d'awww :"> kekeke jonghun will do his best ;)

@hongki- hahahahaha xD everyone laughing at jinnie ahhaahhaha xD