The Chase

New Beginning

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                I woke up with complete disinterest from leaving my bed.  It’s morning again, meaning, work. Although we started training already, Hongki and I still did not drop our works since our debut is still somewhere out there though they said “that” yesterday. We don’t know what’s going to happen to us still. Jaejin and the others are continuing their studies also. I looked at my clock and it says, “Get the hell up or you’re going to be late again Choi Jonghun.” I lazily dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom. After preparing myself I looked to see if there was breakfast already. But instead of breakfast only, there was also her.

                “Hyung, breakfast!” Jaejin grinned at me referring to the food made by his girl friend. Yes, Mina cooks our food whenever she can. After all, what can you expect from five boys living together?

                “Good morning.” She smiled at me and sat at the chair next to Jaejin.

                “Good morning.” I just smiled back to her and started eating breakfast.

                “Food, I smell food. Is that chicken?” Minwhan just got out of bed, his hair sticking out but enthusiastically asking what’s for breakfast.

                “Minhwan if you don’t hurry up we’re going to be late again. –OH FOOD!” Seunghyun got easily distracted when he saw the food on the table. He munched the food so fast as if it was his first time to eat after days of hunger. “You’re the best, noona!” Seunghyun said to Mina, up to her.

                “You’re hopeless.” I said to Seunghyun chuckling at his expression.

                “We’re hopeless.” Seunghyun corrected me. “What are we going to do if noona doesn’t make food for us? I cannot live with instant noodles every day.” He said, shivering with the thought.

                “Just eat and hurry up or you guys will be late.” Mina said and the boys followed. After a few more minutes we were done eating, Hongki showed up, holding his head. Definitely HANG OVER.

                “Uuugghh.. My head hurts.” Hongki whined and dropped his self on the chair nearest to him.

                “That’s what you get for drinking till you passed out.” I told him, handing him a cup of coffee.

                “I feel like .”

                “Stay home for today. I’ll leave work early and give you medicine when I get back.” I told him. After all, work is not that demanding. He just nodded and ate his breakfast in peace. Minwhan and Seunghyun rushed out since they were late again while the couple was busy cleaning up.

                I found myself staring at them again. I must be a masochist now. Though they do not “touch” each other when I’m around, you can really feel the love air these two are emitting.

                “You’re doing it again.” Hongki said staring at me.

                “huh? What?”

                “Staring at them. Masochist.” He spat at me.

                “Stupid. Just get some rest. I’m leaving.” I smacked his head and I got a growl in return. I said goodbye to them and left for work.

                As usual, work is boring. I’m just glad that this work I’m doing is our family business, saves me form the hassle. I cannot not help in our business since I’m the only son. They let me do anything I want as long as I still help with the family business; easier said than done. I was on my way home and bought some medicine for Hongki’s headache. I bought food as well since it’ll be just Hongki and I waiting for the entire afternoon for the others to come home. Then band practice.

                I was slowly walking along the crowd, trying to kill time a little before going back to the dorm. There weren’t a lot people in the street, just some busy people going about their own businesses. I was walking slowly than everyone who just seems to be rushing in their lives. I was immersed with my peaceful walk when someone bumped to me. I looked at the creature that disturbed my peace. Apparently she fell when our bodies collided and all I could see right now was the top of her head.

                “Ouch, that hurts.” She complains in English. She must be a foreigner then. I showed her my hand to help her get up and she looked at me with those big dark eyes of hers. I can’t help but stare at those eyes. She took my hand and it brought me back to my senses. “Thank you.” She said, smiling very brightly at me.

                “Welcome.” I replied in my best English accent and returned a big smile to her. We were still both smiling at each other stupidly as if just like in the movies, time stopped for the two of us in the middle of the street where people were busy walking and just the two of us smiling at each other.

                “I’ll go now.” She said, still smiling at me and she took off. I watched her figure slowly move farther away among the crowd with a smile still on my face. When I was about to leave, I stepped on something. I picked it up and found out that she left her wallet. I immediately looked up to see if she was still in sight, and I ran hurriedly when I saw her. I kept on running and running but to no avail she disappeared. I even mistook several girls as her. Eventually I gave up and went home when I noticed how much time I already spent looking for her. I looked inside her wallet just in case there was a way to contact her. But again, nothing. I scratched my head in wonder, why am I even bothered with this and went back to the dorm.

 

author: Hi guys, xD it's been a while i guess since my first fic was completed.. so im here to thank the old and new subscribers.. :) i hope you're enjoying it still.. :) so yeah.. xD that's all.. :)