almost there

New Beginning

 

Taera’s POV:

I stayed wondering and dreaming from a distance as I watched the world move around with what they call love. Even though I went out with someone else before, I still found myself thinking what kind of sorcery it was. How can one emotion change a person so much?

Who would’ve thought I would found the answer in my homeland?

I found answer in an unexpected place, unexpected time. I just said yes to that student-exchange program since I was so bored with my life and a little adventure and knowing more about my homeland seemed to be a good idea.

Who would’ve thought it was a decision that would change my life?

I see him now in front of me with begging eyes, asking me to run away from everything, I could barely even look back. I never wanted to see him this way. I know those pain was caused by me and it was the last thing I ever dreamed of doing.

“Let’s run away.” When he said those words for the first time, I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me but then again he said it again, holding me a little bit tighter but gently to emphasize what he was saying.

It was such a tempting offer. Just me and him together, holding hands and not caring about the world, not minding what was chasing behind us. It was such a happy thought I could picture out thousands of scenarios doing random stuff, smiling at each other and just being contented of having one another. Within a few seconds, all of these are going through my head while I avoid his gaze and tears running down my cheeks. As much as I wanted to say yes, I couldn’t.

I shook my head lightly at first and then I found my body moving on its own, curling up in a painful misery of tears and I could hear my own cries as I cover my face with both of my palms. I felt him trying to push my hands away but I kept on shaking my head. This was just pure torture.

I just felt his arms wrapping around me, making me feel that warmth I missed so much. “There’s no way I’m letting you go Taera.” He whispered, his voice rang clearly through my ears. “How will I let you go after hearing those words I longed for you to say? How, when I finally get to hear you say I love you?” He paused, trying to hold back his cry I guess for his voice was breaking in between. I couldn’t respond. “And I love you too as well. I love you so..so much..” He hugged me tighter and his voice was shaking at the end, tears were probably rolling down his cheeks right now.  I cried even harder. I finally get to hear him say those three words that the two of us delayed so much saying. And now that I got to hear them, I had to let it go.

I stayed in his arms, too afraid to face him. There was no way I could look at him when all I did was give up right from the beginning and just accepted my fate while he fought for us. I hated myself, I hated everyone, I hated the world for doing this to us. Now that I got to finally know about love, why did I have to let it go in the end? This was just so unfair.

“Come with me. Let’s run away. I can spend more time in our company and help your family. There’s no way I will hand you over to some random guy. There’s just no way Taera, no way I’m letting go this time.” He continued blabbering on and on as he sniffed in between. He was crying. That realization broke my heart into tiny bits. What am I doing to him?

I gathered up my courage and looked at him slowly; my chest had never felt so heavy. His eyes were red and tears were rolling down his cheeks. His normal godly aura all replaced by sadness I couldn’t even imagine capable of being etched to his perfect face. His pain filled expression was all I could think of. How was I even capable of doing this to him? I made him fly thousands of kilometers with uncertainty if he could see me. I left him hanging with no good bye. And now, I was about to give up without even fighting for him. I was such a coward.

I held his face and wiped his tears, took a deep breath and felt what my heart was beating for. “Let’s go ‘til there’s time left.” I smiled to him softly and he let out a relieved grin as he took my hand and kissed it ever so dearly.

He wiped my tears and his tears fast and held my hand firmly as we sneaked out. Along the hall way, we were spotted by my parents’ body guards. I tugged his hand and he looked back at where I was looking and we instantly made a run for it and the guards reacted by chasing us. We were on the 3rd floor and waiting for the elevator was a stupid thing to do so I told Jonghun to head for the stairs where the guards were closing the gap between us faster.

I can feel my heart beating so fast, I thought it was going to escape. To be honest, I didn’t know if it was the fear of getting caught or the running that was making my heart beat so fast or if it was because Jonghun was holding my hand. I didn’t know. I didn’t care anymore and just focused on the life ahead as soon as we get out of the building.

We managed to outrun them still. I didn’t know how, adrenalin maybe? We were almost at the exit, people making way for us as we hurried through and the guards were still behind us when Jonghun suddenly pulled to a stop and panicked overcame me.

I looked at where he was looking; the exit. I was expecting to see securities to be blocking our way that was why Jonghun stopped but all I saw was an important looking man in an expensive suit, three people were with him. I tugged Jonghun’s hand and looked back at his confused expression as he said the word, “Appa?”

 

Minjung’s POV:

It was like those usual meals I had with Sehyun; peaceful and calm, nothing like FT Island’s dorm especially with Hongki whining around. Meal time was never as quiet as this unless they were so hungry and all they could think of was to stuff their mouths with food. But that moment of peace was only temporary. When they managed to get their bellies a bit of food in it, they will all start to talk like little girls and the noise would go on as if it would never end. Hongki would always be the number one though.

I couldn’t help but smirked at the thought so I had to look down and pretended that I was drinking instead so Sehyun wouldn’t notice it. I didn’t want him to think I was weird or something, which was probably too late since we had been “together” for a while already.

To be honest, I didn’t know what was between us. As far as I can remember, he confessed to me and I found myself staring at him dumbfounded, wht was a hot guy doing here telling me that he likes me. I never gave him a yes nor said no but the next thing that happened was we were together most of the time and I guess people around us assumed that we were together.

I didn’t bother to clear it up in the first place. His company wasn’t that bad at all, in fact, I feel at ease and happy when I’m with him but those feelings were not enough for me to conclude it was “love”.

What is love by the way?

I almost choked on my drink when Hongki’s face flashed into my mind, I found myself coughing, almost got myself drowned by my drink. Sehyun stopped eating and looked at me worriedly. He was about to stand up but I waved my hand telling him it wasn’t necessary. He re his seat and waited for me to calm down.

“Are you all right?” He asked and I nodded as I took in breathes.

“Yeah, just choked on my drink.”

He smiled that famous grin that he and his brother shared. That smile that instantly lights up your feeling and gives you comfort. As I stared at him, would it be wrong if I waited for my heart skipping a beat or two? Would it be wrong if I wanted my heart to beat faster?

“Why are you looking at me like that?” His question broke my line of thoughts as I noticed how much I had been staring at him.

“It’s nothing.” I shook my head and returned my attention back on my food while he tried to hide that blush away from me.

He was really cute. Any simple thing I do can make him blush. I noticed this even though he tried so hard hiding it. We had been together for a long time so maybe that was why I could see it easily. But going back to my questions earlier, there was nothing.

No heart beat going on berserk. No heat rushing in my cheeks. No embarrassment. It was all like looking at a very dear friend. Even back then, not even him can take up every space in my head until recently..

“Minjung!” I stared blankly at my food as I felt myself getting more pathetic more than ever. I was even hearing his voice. It was worse than I imagined. “Lee Hongki, get out of my head will you?”  I let out a sigh as I thought.

“Hyung?” Sehyun’s voice made me look up and I saw who he was referring to. It wasn’t his brother as I expected it to be, it was someone else.

And that someone made my heart stop beating for a split second, made my heart beat so fast, made me unspeakable, made me panic, made me lose myself.

“Ho—hongki?” I didn’t know how I managed to say his name. I felt so pathetic at that moment that I felt myself blushing, I was thinking so much about him and now he was in front of me.

He grabbed my hand and looked back at Sehyun and that was when I noticed his breathing was not normal and there were beads of sweat on his forehead. He looked like as if he ran all the way here. “I’ll borrow her for a while.” He said as he pulled me and I stood up form my chair. He was about to drag me with him when Sehyun grabbed my other arm. Hongki and I both looked back at Sehyun, Hongki was more like glaring though.

“Hyung, I’m sorry but it’s my time with Minjung.” He sounded pissed but he was still respectful despite his tone and the next thing I knew, they were both glaring at each other.

I was caught up in the middle; both their grips were tight on me. I struggled to let go from their hold and they both snapped back to reality when I broke loose. I turned to Sehyun first, knowing he was the calmer one. “Sehyun, I’ll just go talk to Hongki first and see what it is that he needs. I’ll go back here in a bit. Is it okay?” Sehyun was still glaring at Hongki but it softened as soon as he turned to me. He nodded forcefully and retired back to his chair while Hongki, forcefully dragged me out with him.

“Ya, what is that you need? Make it fast, you’re disturbing.” I hissed at him like I usually do to cover up my nervousness and there was no way in hell I was going to let him know I was thinking about him and how much he disturbed my peace.

He didn’t respond and just continued walking until we got into an abandoned park. It was night time already but of course who would be out this late at the park.

“Are you deaf or are you mute? Why can’t you answer and you even dragged me all the way here. Sehyun is waiting you know.” I whined at him and that was when he stopped all of a sudden.  I wasn’t able to hit the brakes and I bumped into him.

He helped me regain balance and the next thing I felt were his lips crashing into mine. When my mind registered what was going on, I pulled back and gave him a punch on the face.

xx--x

okay, i was supposed to update 5 days ago but everrything i wrote disappeared ;__; actually did it twice and then it disapeared also idk what happened but hey here it is i hope you didn't get disappointed or something ;__; it's longer and yeah.. i think next chapter is the last..and im terribly busy at the moment and idk when i can update.. im supposed to be doing something else for work but i thought i was making you gusy wait too much so yeah.. APOLOGIES ;__; AND I LOVE YOU ALL..

@minari_j72- sorry i took a while ;__; really busy..i hope you still like this..

@babo_cy-the other fic has many written chapters so im not that worried about that but this one has no written chapters and im busy rn ;__; i know what im going to write it's just that there's no time..and thank you for being patient..<3

@rachelxzoe- tbh, idk why i like torturing jonghun in my fics so much =)) i didn't mean it okay xD hahahahaha well at least, that perfect human being can be a bit miserable here in this fic.. xD

@hongki- I AM SORRY OKAY XD IT'S FUN XDD BAHAHAHHAHAHA

see you all next time on the last chapter and after this i will be stopping from writing chaptered fics for a while.. probably be back after 2-3 months with a sequel of this..idk..im really busy rn so yeah..im sorry ;__; im really humbled and im really happy to all of you guys reading this.. <33