Unconscious

New Beginning

 

Lee Hongki’s POV:

                “Hongki-aahh, promise me please.” Her voice was weak as she struggled to let the words out but it was distinct enough to pierce through my chest. I refused to answer, thinking what she was asking was too much for me to actually handle. I held her hand instead and gently gripped it in mine, letting my tears escape from my weary eyes.

                “Hongki, please.” She pleaded again and this time her tears flowed as well and it made me harder for me to breath. It was as if I was being strangled and that I had no choice but to breath despite the pain I was feeling.

                “I don’t want to but for you I will. But I don’t think I can ever forget you.” I replied to her in between my sobs, never have I felt such chocking feeling in my entire life. She wanted me to promise that I would find another girl and make that girl as happy as her, but I didn’t want to promise anything to her that I wouldn’t be able to do, so I made  the “deal” like that.

                “Promise me.” She said sternly despite her weak condition and all I was able to do was nod. I was struggling for air because of crying too much, I found my chest tightening due to difficulty in breathing.

                The next time I opened my eyes I was staring at my bed room ceiling, my eyes slowly adjusting to the light that was soaking my empty room. I closed my eyes again, only to find out that I wasn’t breathing in real life. I breathed in and out for air and when I got my breathing rhythm back in track I shuffled around my bed thinking about the flashback that just happened in my unconscious. I found myself thinking about Kyung-hee again. “Some things don’t change, do they?” I thought out loud to myself.

                I looked back at the time and realized it was still too early for anyone to be awake right now. I stayed lying on my bed, thinking about random things when suddenly Minjung appeared inside my head. I remembered last night’s phone call with Minjung.

                 “Minjung, I’m going to the army tomorrow.” It was a man’s voiceand I cannot be mistaken. The annoyance in Minjung’s voice subsided when those words were heard by her ears.  I wasn’t sure if it was all right to tell the others about what I heard so I decided not to tell them since her reaction told me that she knew nothing about the departure of this person. Who that person is to her, that I don’t know, but I can’t helped but get intrigued and worried. After a few more minutes, I realized I was tired of staying on my bed so I decided to go out and help myself in the kitchen earlier than others.

                 When I got out, I saw Minjung at the counter staring blankly as if time stopped at where she was at the moment. I approached her slowly as not to surprise her. I tapped her shoulders lightly to let her realize my presence but she still jumped slightly from the sudden contact of my hand to her shoulder.

                 “Hey, are you all right?” I asked her and she just nodded and resumed what she was doing, leaving my hand hanging. I wasn’t sure of what to do since I know very well that there was something wrong and I would like to help her but I don’t know how. I ended up staring at her as she moved around and I wonder what to do.

                 “Ya, ugly girl,” I called her expecting she would hit me or shout at me but she just replied coldly with a “hmm”. I shrugged it off and continued pissing her.

                 “The food you made last time was disgusting.” I scoffed at her but she just nodded and ignored me. I wasn’t giving up so I continued what I was doing.

                 “Ugly girl the house is dirty, go clean it after.

                “Ugly girl, do my laundry.”

                “Ugly girl clean my closet.”

                “Ugly girl clean my room.”

                “Ugly girl—“ I kept on telling her to do this and that until finally she exploded and marched towards but I didn’t move an inch.

                “I’LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT JUST LEAVE ME ALONE LEE HONGKI!” She started hitting my chest and it slowly weaken as it lasted longer. I was shocked upon seeing her helpless figure when she started sobbing uncontrollably. I held her lightly and let her head leaned on my shoulders, letting her cry for a little while. When she calmed down she let go of me slowly, crying the remaining sobs left. She was wiping her eyes and wasn’t looking at me. I can’t bear the sight so I helped her wiped her tears with my own hands.

                “Why don’t we go to that person and say your farewell?” I smiled at her gently and her face lighted up a little upon hearing my words but there was hesitation in her eyes.

                “What about breakfast?” Her voice was hoarse from crying. I smacked her forehead gently and looked at her in the eyes.

                “What are you hesitating for? Go say your good bye when you still can. And besides, the rest of them won’t die from skipping breakfast. I’ll just change wait for me.” I patted her head and she waited for me while I hurriedly prepared myself.

                Who that guy is, I don’t know. But I just don’t like seeing her all sad and such. I prefer the fire-breathing Minjung. I don’t know why but it bothers me so much when I saw the tears in her eyes. It doesn’t suit her at all, but smiles do.

author: this chapter was supposed to be longer but i failed to finalize some other details xD :) and thanks to the people leaving me love on the comments ^^ and to my silent readers as well :) :* <3