Sunshine Girl

New Beginning

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                We were on our way back to our dorm with the good news inside our hearts. All of us were all dying to tell our family and friends about the good blessing that has just came upon us. We were now driving silently along the night with smiles on our faces.

                “Hyung can you uhm drop me off at Mina’s place?” Jaejin asked me. There was anticipation in his eyes and I know that I couldn’t say no.

                “Okay.” We continued having a jolly conversation; the happiness was undeniably overwhelming us. Jaejin got out of the car as soon as he saw where we were.

                “We’ll wait for you here.” I shouted at him. After a few minutes he came back and the grin on his face never disappeared for a moment.

                “Mina said you guys come in also. She scolded me for making you wait outside.” He said and looked at me as if begging for permission to stay a little while longer. I sighed and there was nothing I can do about it but let the love sick goat get his way.

                “Okay but just for a little while.” I gave in. he jumped for joy and he went inside hopping and skipping like a little boy. When we got in, there was already tea waiting for us.

                “Come in guys.” She smiled at us as she placed the cups on the center table. She was followed by Taera who was helping her bring a few snacks for us.

                “Uhm, now that they’re here already, can we talk?” Jaejin dragged Mina and in a few seconds they were gone. Taera was then the one who assisted us.

                “Hey, I heard the news, congratulations.” She sat on the empty chair next to Seunghyun and we all smiled in return.

                “Thank you.” We all said.

                “What are you doing here by the way?” Hongki asked.

                “Well, there were things I needed Mina’s help for.Go help yourselves.” She motioned to the food on the table before us and we did as we told to without saying anything. Taera was smiling and I can’t help but get absorbed to that smile as well. The maknaes and Hongki were all talking to each other, leaving Taera and I alone in a smile-staring game again.

                “Uhm, Nooona can I have some more sugar?” Minhwan interrupted us from the game we were having.

                “Uhm yeah sure. I’ll go get it for you.” She stood up and I decided to follow her as well.

                “So how are you?” I asked.

                “I’m great. I’m not going to ask how you are back since you all look so happy to me.” She grinned back.

                “Yeah.” I just said and I watched her move around the kitchen looking for the sugar Minhwan asked.

                I decided to explore a little while she was at it and what I saw made me stuck to where I was standing at that time. I was telling my eyes to look away but as if some masochist, I stared at them without even letting a second lose my eyes on them.

                “Sorry, I just can’t wait to tell you the good news so I had to rush in like this.” Jaejin said to Mina while holding her two hands. The house was quiet so their low voices were audible enough for me to comprehend.

                “You could’ve waited for tomorrow you know.” Mina sort of scolded Jaejin but he just smiled at his own foolishness.

                “ehh! But what’s wrong with wanting to see my girl friend right now? Since you came back to my life, good things kept on happening. You’re like an angel.” She didn’t respond but he just looked at him obviously pleased with what she was hearing. Jaejin hugged her and she hugged back. I was staring at them still while they were hugging each other. Jaejin broke off the hug for a while without removing his arms around Mina, just leaving enough space for them to look each other in the eyes. Jaejin’s face was slowly closing the gap between his and Mina’s face, when suddenly someone tapped my shoulders. I jumped from surprised and looked at the person who saved me from the scene I brought upon myself.

                “It’s not good manners to look at a couple making out you know.” She teased and I turned my back at the two nervously. I just nodded and breathed in for air. She looked at me and I didn’t know what expression I had on my face but she took my hand and took me outside.

                “Do you see the moon?” She asked me, smiling. I looked around for a bit and found a crescent moon on the sky surrounded by uncountable stars.

                “Yes I see it.” I finally said. She paused for a while and we both look at the night sky for a couple of seconds.

                “You know even the moon needs some time to be whole again.” She started. I stared at her instead as she continued to look at the sky. “It’s not every day that it’s a full moon right? It needed to go under different phases in order to achieve a full moon.” She stopped and I nodded. “You know where I’m getting at right?” She smiled at me gently and I smiled back. I knew pretty well what she meant and what she said really made me feel better. This girl, she’s like a ray of sunshine every time she smiles. I found myself looking at her without even knowing how or why. But her presence was something I can never ignore any longer. We stayed there outside, quietly looking at the incomplete moon. But this time I was looking forward to the time it will become whole again and this girl beside me made me realize that it’s not impossible.

                “You know the moon can’t do all the changing alone.” I started and she looked at me this time and I stared at the sky. “The moon needs the sun for energy right?” I looked at her this time and smiled widely at her. I was hoping she’ll get what I meant. “Well, looks like I just found my own sun.” She looked away for a while as blush crept through her face which I found really cute. I held her hand for a while and we stayed like that for a couple of more minutes. “My sunshine girl.”

 

author: I did tell you guys that I update when i already have the idea in my head right? so yeah.. xD i hoped you liked this chapter ^^ :">