After Debut

New Beginning

 

Taera’s POV:

                It has been a while ever since FT Island’s debut.  They have been pretty busy lately and seeing them was really a struggle. They have been performing on music shows, showing up on variety shows, radio shows, etc. it was actually a popularity no one ever expected. A band debuting in the midst of dancing groups was like a refresher.

                I am very happy for them but I can’t still seem to get used to the fact how much girls are swarming around them. I can’t help but feel nervous. Though there’s this label as boyfriends and girlfriends, there is always the fact that labels are just labels.

                I let out a sigh from the same things bothering me these past few days. Even at school I can feel eyes on me. I do not know what they are thinking or saying about but I do know for a fact that they know I’m the girlfriend of FT Island’s leader and guitarist and Mina is Jaejin’s.

                “Something wrong Taera?” Mina asked. She seemed to be indifferent about the eyes on us while we were having our lunch at school.

                “Mina, can I ask you something?”

                “You’re already asking though.”

                “Right.”

                There was an awkward silence of which I wasn’t sure how to break. She was nibbling on her food and the people around us didn’t even bother making it less obvious that they were talking about us. I let out a sigh again and looked down on my food.

                “Don’t let it get into you.” Mina started saying and I just looked at her. “People will always have something to say. Whether it’s good or bad, they will always have something to say. So why even bother minding them? As long as you’re not hurting anyone, you’ll be fine.” I stared at her in awe as she continued eating while saying the wisest things on earth as if it was a natural thing for her to do. “We’ll be fine.” She said with complete emphasis and I let out a smile.

                “Thanks Mina.”

                “You’re welcome.”

                The attention we were getting from people around us was overwhelming. We had to deal with hurt fans from time to time but thank God majority of their fans are calm people.

                But I can’t help but wonder, to what extent we are going to have to deal with. They are just starting with their careers. How long can we last?

 

Minjung’s POV:

                It’s still the same. The only thing that changed is that I barely get to talk to all of them. Most of the time when they have their breakfast, I’m already gone. When they have their dinner I’m already home. It’s very rare to see them ever since their debut and I’m not the only one who’s feeling lonely at this. Oppa is at the army and the people at school are just, let’s not talk about it. I sighed while eating lunch with my best friend and a few moments later the mean girls came.

                “Minjung want us to treat you some lunch?”

                “Why don’t you hang out with us?”

                “How are the oppas?”

                I sighed louder again this time and yes, they turned to my good side when they learned about my relationship with FT Island. Unfortunately I hate goody-goody people like them. Every day they will pretend to be so nice around me but behind my back they were stabbing me with knives.

                “For the nth time, whatever you do, nothing will work on me.” I hissed at them and made a stabbing action with my chopsticks and they were all taken aback.

                “This girl,”

                “What?!” I snarled at them and they just made pissed off faces.

                “Lucky you Hongki-oppa got your back.” The leader said and this really made me snapped. I jumped off of my seat and tried grabbing her but my best friend was holding me back.

                “I don’t need his protection! You cowards!”

                “Yeah right.” and they left me all fired up and pissed off.

                I dropped myself on my seat grudgingly, with thoughts of Hongki saving my again even though he wasn’t here. Just the thought of him was driving me insane and I hate myself for being like this.

                “Stupid Lee Hongki.” I muttered while I chewed on my food and my best friend giggled at me instead but my mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of him I don’t care about anything at the moment.

                “You miss him?”

                “Yeah.” I answered unconsciously and that was when I choked with my own food. My best friend helped me drink and she was grinning at me the entire time, giving me the “I caught you, didn’t I look”. “Hell no. that’s not what I meant.” I tried denying but she was still grinning at me. It was a hopeless situation and I didn’t even process what she said so I just said yeah!

                “But why are you so red?” She teased and I touched my cheeks to feel that my face was indeed burning. I immediately stood up and ran away from her.

                “You are so dead!” I screamed at her and she just giggled while I ran away from her, going who knows where.

                What’s actually going on with me, I have no idea. All I know is that my heart is beating so badly at the moment and I feel so lonely as if I was saying goodbye to someone precious again.

 

author: FIRST OF ALL, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE SLOW UPDATES.. -__- school was pretty rough so yeah.. and this chapter is kinda boring so im sorry again ;__; btw, i think i'll make this around 35 or less chapters only..so yeah, just saying :) <3 then after this, it's time for seunghyun and minhwannie ^^ :) it's still far anyway and i promise to update more often.. :) THANK YOU EVERYONE.. ;__; <3

replies! :)

@hongki- yeah i need your opinion xD so yeah xD :)) aww..thank bb ;__;

@rachelxzoe-omg your comment ;__; your reaction *sobs* raachel ;__; love you my younger twin ;__; yes hyunnie will get his turn ^^ /throws confetti

@sangriilee- more moments like that for Hongki i guess? xD :)) seunghyun was just messing with Hongki  kekeke :))

@ChocoBun- seunghyun's smile ;__; omg let's not start with this convo.. xD my poor heart ;__; hahaha yeah im pretty sure jonghun's property xD