Chapter 6

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After some time, Jiyeon came out of her room wearing simple clothes; she didn’t wear dress of course for she hates wearing dress if it’s not necessary. But she is presentable enough to face Seung Ho’s parents for their dinner in which she was suddenly invited to join.  Wearing a small white T-shirt with mickey mouse print on it and black pants for she loves black and her trench coat she off to go.

“Omma!! I’ll be leaving… I’ll see you later if you are still awake” Jiyeon informed her beloved mother before heading towards the door to leave.

“Oh!! Wait! Jiyeon-ah!!” Mrs. Park called and Jiyeon stopped on her tracks to look at her mother.

“Waeyo?” Jiyeon asked politely.

“You are already leaving?” asked her mother and Jiyeon looked at the clock hanging on their wall.

“Neh.. I need to be there before 7pm, so I need to go now…” Mianhae omma…” Jiyeon informed apologetically to her mother for being able to spend some time with her.

“Ani.. Ani… gwaechana… but before you leave… wait here…I’ll give you something” her mother said and quickly leaves Jiyeon on her spot with a confuse look..

“What is this omma?” Jiyeon asked ashe her mother hand her something that is wrap with a cloth.

“it’s kimchi… I made it… Just give it to the Yoo’s.. it’s not good to visit someone empty handed, right?” Jiyeon’s mother said as she gives Jiyeon a warm smile.

“Ah.. Neh... Thanks Omma… you’re the best!!” Jiyeon said and shows thumbs up at her mother.

“Ara… now go…. You don’t want to be late, do you?” her mother said.

“Neh… I’ll be back… Bye!” Jiyeon said and waves at her mother before leaving the house.

******************************************************************************************

It was only 15minutes before the clock strikes “7pm; Seung Ho is on his room changing his clothes when the doorbell rings.

Outside the Yoo’s residence Jiyeon stands in awe. Seung Ho’s house was really nice, no. Nice is an understatement.

“WOW!!!” Jiyeon said as soon as she saw the house and after recovering from her shock state she finally rings the bell. “Annyeong Haseyo… Park Jiyeon-imnida…” she said and bows in front of the intercom announcing her arrival.

“OMO!! Jiyeon-ssi... Come in... Come in…” Said by Mrs. Yoo as she opens the gate for Jiyeon and Jiyeon marched inside until she reaches the main door.

“Annyeong Haseyo…” once again Jiyeon greeted but this time personally in front of a middle age woman which she assumes is Seung Ho’s mother. “Park Jiyeon-imnida” Jiyeon awkwardly said.

“Aigoo… welcome in…I’m Seung Ho’s Omma” Mrs. Yoo said with a bright smile. “Seung Ho is just in his room, he’ll be down here any minute” Mrs. Yoo said.

“Ah.. Neh…” Jiyeon politely answered and they walked towards the living room. “Ah.. This is for you Aunty…” Jiyeon said and hands Mrs. Yoo the kimchi.

“Omo! You shouldn’t have bothered…But thank you….What is this?” Mrs. Yoo asked as she takes Jiyeon’s gift.

“It’s kimchi… my mother made it and said I bring some” Jiyeon answered with a smile.

“Tell your mother my thank you…” Mrs. Yoo said.

“Neh…” Jiyeon politely answered.

“By the way.. dinner is about to get ready… why don’t you just sit here for a while, and wait for Seung Ho then I’ll just call you two when its ready….” Mrs Yoo said.

“is there something that I can help?” Jiyeon offered her help.

“Ani-yah.. you are a guest… just make yourself comfortable here…” Mrs. Yoo answered trying to offend the young lady.

“It’s really ok, Aunty… I’ll be glad to help… though I’m not a good cook...” Jiyeon shyly confessed “But I can at least set the table” Jiyeon said and smiled warmly at the older woman.

“Arasso.. You can help…” Mrs Yoo answered and smiled back at the blushing Jiyeon. Somehow she really likes the young girl.

Then the two of them heads towards the kitchen. While Seung Ho’s mom is preparing the dinner, Jiyeon busied herself arranging the table making sure that everything is place on the right s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter