Chapter 11

Smile Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally Seung Ho leaves the building together with Jiyeon on his car. They are driving for a few minutes now and neither of them is talking until it is Jiyeon who broke the silence.

“Aren’t you going to ask me anything?” Jiyeon asked Seung Ho as her eyes kept fixed outside the window of the car and looking in nothing in particular.

“About what?” Seung Ho asked as he took a quick glance at Jiyeon and eyes back on the road.

“About what really happened. What I did and what I didn’t do.” Jiyeon said trying not to show so much emotion on her voice by keeping it flat tone. Seung Ho once again looked at her longer this time.

“If you are just going to blame yourself again… Then no. I’m not going to ask.” Seung Ho answered in firm yet reassuring voice. Hearing this Jiyeon turns her head to look at him this time.

“Wae?? Aren’t you curios about what I did to her?” Jiyeon asked

“Again….” Seung Ho said in rather firm voice and as if a warning to Jiyeon and then he stops his car on the side to look directly at Jiyeon. “Didn’t I tell you before that you shouldn’t be blaming yourself for everything that had happened?” Seung Ho asked in return and Jiyeon just remained silent.

“Look…. Jiyeon-ah… it’s not your entire fault that things go the wrong way. You might have done something bad to her, yes… that might be a possibility but… that doesn’t mean she didn’t also do something wrong to you.” Seung Ho said in a light voice before continuing.

“But…” Jiyeon said lightly to protest but Seung Ho bit her to it.

“I know there isn’t much I can say to encourage and make you feel better… but I want you to know that… I’ll always be your friend no matter you are on the right side or on the wrong side. I won’t leave you.” Seung Ho said flashing a small reassuring smile towards Jiyeon and lightly taps her shoulder. Jiyeon could feel the sincerity in Seung Ho’s words and she felt touched.

 “Just that one sentence ‘I won’t leave you’, encouraged me a lot. Thank you for being my friend.” Jiyeon replied with a grateful smile on her face.

“Now.. Shall we go?” Seung Ho said trying to change the topic immediately.

“Where are we going anyway?” Jiyeon finally asked.

“You’ll see….” Seung Ho answered and started driving and Jiyeon didn’t ask anymore questions but Seung Ho could see on his peripheral view that Jiyeon pouts for not having the answer she wanted.

******************************************************************************************

After a good 30minutes of driving Jiyeon and Seung Ho have arrived somewhere, after getting of the car Jiyeon looked around and saw a small cathedral, she wondered what place it is, then as she her left she saw a signage that reads “SAFE HAVEN ORPHANAGE”.

That is when she realized that they were indeed in an orphanage and wondered even more why Seung Ho had brought her to such place.

It’s not that she dislikes the place but rather she finds it odd because she thought when he said they’ll play hooky, they might actually go somewhere to have fun. But an orphanage is not a bad idea at the least; she likes children so it was ok for her. And as she was lost in her train of thoughts, Seung Ho finally said something.

“Yah…” Seung Ho called lightly bringing Jiyeon back to reality. “Stop spacing out…” he teased and holds Jiyeon by the hand to drag her inside the building. “Let’s go inside” And for the third time Jiyeon found her hand wrapped in Seung Ho’s hand and being drag inside the building.

“Have you ever realized that you’ve been dragging and holding my hand quite a lot today?” Jiyeon asked as they walked on the empty hallway of the orphanage. And as if on cue Seung Ho froze on his spot and immediately let goes of Jiyeon’s hand with faint blush on his cheeks making Jiyeon smile at his shyness.

“Mian….” Seung Ho awkwardly said not making eye contact with Jiyeon.

“Gwaenchana…” Jiyeon said with a bright smile. “it seems you love to hold my hand… Here…” Jiyeon teased and offers her hand back to Seung Ho who looked so confuse.

“Neh?” Seung Ho mumbles lightly.

“HAHA….!! I’m just joking… But really.. It’s ok…Because we are friends…” Jiyeon said with a genuine smile in which Seung Ho answers with a smile too. But even before Seung Ho could take her hand once again someone spoke in front of them.

“Oh… Seung Ho-ssi… you’re here…” a female voice said and when Jiyeon and Seung Ho turned to look they say a middle aged nun smiling at them.

“Annyeong-haseyo Sister Choi…” Seung Ho politely gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter