Dad's Plans

Happiness

Your POV

Class went by normally. Ji Ae and Jinnie never bothered to show up. They were probably freaking out about me. Well, I guess they would be, their families' plans to take over my parent's company and the Lee's company would be ruined. I had better things to worry about other than big companies being taken over though. Ottokae? I was getting engaged, married, to Sungyeol, but I love Chunji. And I'm dating Chunji. Chunji doesn't know that.

This was so messed up.

I had the terrible urge to pull all my hair out. I sighed.

I looked at the time just as the bell rang. I quickly grabbed my already packed up books and left before anyone could ask me how to do what homework. I strolled out of the school and immediately walked into my car which was parked right outside the school. I then said, "Please take me to the main company. Thanks."

"Araso."

"""

When I arrived at the main company, I was greeted by the workers. I nodded at them then went straight to the private elevator that took me straight up to my dad's office. It was at the top level. I tapped my toe impatiently waiting for the elevator to stop. 

When it finally did, I walked out and looked around for my dad. The whole level was his room. There was even an extra level that looked over the rest of the room, only reachable by the stairs built at the side. There was a lounge up there filled with wine for dad to discuss business. My dad's desk at the back of the room was empty. The secretary's desk was at the far end. He was looking at me, confused. I bowed at him and asked, "Is my dad in?"

He nodded. "Mr. Kim is up on the upper level."

I nodded. "Thanks." I quickly made my way to the stairs. My dad must've heard me because he stood leaning against the railing with a wine glass in hand.

He smiled at me. "What brings you here, ~~~~~?"

I stood next to him and asked, "Appa, do you know the Park company?" That was Jinnie's family company. He nodded and took a sip out of his glass. "How about the Shik company?" That was Ji Ae's family company. He stirred the wine in his glass and without looking at me, he nodded.

He then asked, "~~~~~, I'm sure you have something else to ask me other than these questions."

I nodded. "Neh, appa. I found out their plans to ruin our company."

He raised an eyebrow. He stood up straight then said, "Let's sit down first." We walked to the lounge and sat down in the seats. "~~~~~, continue what you were saying."

I took a deep breath and played the recording.

My dad closed his eyes as he listened to the recording, slightly frowning. "Hmm..." He nodded as the recording ended. "So, one was planning to have me invest in something that would totally bankrupt me, while the other wanted me to invest in something that would completely go against the law..."

I nodded. "Appa, I'm not too sure about this myself, but I just wanted you to know."

He nodded. "I knew there was something off with those two companies, I never planned on doing business with them."

"But you're doing business with the Park's. You're investing in something that could have us go bankrupt."

"I know that."

"Then why?"

He thought for a moment, "Well, let's just say I have a bigger goal in mind. And it's not like I'm actually going to allow my own company go bankrupt."

I frowned. "Then, what are you going to do?"

He chuckled, stood up and walked to the windows to look at the city view. "Now, ~~~~~, don't worry you're pretty little mind. You should worry more about your studies and the upcoming engagement." He took my phone and deleted the recording. He nodded. "Oh, and ~~~~~, don't tell anyone about this, not even your mother."

I nodded, "Araso," before bowing then left. As I rode back home, I frowned. What was dad planning to do?

"""

I really have no idea what the hell I'm writing.