Dinner at the Lee's

Happiness

Narrator's POV

After your shower, you walked out of your bathroom, wearing a bath robe and a towel around your wet hair. You grabbed your dress and brought it with you back into the bathroom. You dried your hair and slipped your purple dress on. You brushed through your hair and tied it back up into a pony tail. You finished off with lipgloss, eyeliner and mascara. You slipped on your heels and grabbed your purple purse. There was a knock on your door. "Come in." You said.

A maid came in and asked, "Miss, Master Myungsoo wants to know if you're ready yet. He says your parents have already gone and they don't want to have the Lee's waiting too long."

You nodded. "I'm coming down right now."

You followed her out of your room and down the hallways and flights of stairs. Myungsoo was waiting for you at the front entrance. When he saw that you were finally down, he walked out and to the waiting limo. You followed him.

Narrator's POV End

"""

Your POV

I stepped out of the limo with Myungsoo just behind me. We were parked right outside the Lee's mansion. We both climbed up the stairs. The doorman opened the door for us and as soon as we walked in, maids and butlers bowed. I bowed back, politely, seeing they were all older than me.

A butler came and said, "Master Myungsoo, Miss ~~~~~, come your parents and the Lee's are in the living room on the second level."

As me and Myungsoo followed the butler, I heard the maids whisper, "Wow... she's so polite and pretty. So jealous of her!"

Myungsoo scoffed and shook his head. He leaned in and whispered into your ear, "Stop being so polite. They're maids for god's sake."

But they're also people. "Araso, oppa." I nodded.

The butler took us up the flight of stairs and to the living room. "Master Myungsoo and Miss ~~~~~ are here."

Mr. and Mrs. Lee and our parents stood up. Myungsoo and I both bowed politely. Myungsoo shook hands with the Lee's and I smiled and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. and Mrs. Lee."

Mrs. Lee smiled and hugged me. "Wow... ~~~~~, you've grown more prettier since the last time I saw you."

"Thank-you Mrs. Lee."

Mr. Lee gestured for us to sit down. I sat down between Mrs. Lee and Myungsoo. My father sat across from me with my mother and Mr. Lee. Mrs. Lee asked, "~~~~~, what are your plans for college?"

I glanced at my parents for a short moment then said, "Well, I'm thinking of studying medicine. I want to become a doctor and help people." Except I don't...

Mrs. Lee beamed. "That's wonderful! I wished our Sungyeol could decided on something as well." She sighed. "He's so stubborn sometimes."

Mr. Lee frowned, "Speaking of Sungyeol, where is he?" He looked at the butler.

The butler nodded and walked out.

Mrs. Lee looked apologetic. "Our son can be so tardy sometimes."

Mum smiled. "That's alright."

Sungyeol rushed into the living room. Speak of the devil. He smiled and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. and Mrs. Kim."

Mum and Dad smiled. Mum said, "Wah, Sungyeol! You're so tall and handsome!"

Mr. Lee and dad nodded. Dad said to Mr. Lee, "Well, I'm glad our ~~~~~ is going to marry your Sungyeol."

Mr. Lee laughed. "Well, I'm so excited to have such a talented and beautiful daughter-in-law. Come on, let's have dinner."

"""

At the dinner able, I sat on one side, with Myungsoo and mum next to me. Sungyeol sat across from me with his mum and his younger brother, who had just returned from school. Our dads sat at the ends of the long table.

As we ate, the adults drank wine and talked with each other. Us, kids, stayed quiet. 

I couldn't stand it any longer and said, "Mum, I don't feel so well."

Mrs. Lee looked at me, concerned, "Is it your injury from the attack?"

I nodded, taking advantage of this as an excuse. "Neh..."

Mum sighed. "Do you want to go home and rest, sweetie?"

I nodded.

Mrs. Lee looked at Sungyeol. "Sungyeol-ah, take ~~~~~ home first."

"Araso."

He stood up and walked over to me to help me up. I smiled gratefully and followed him out. He led me to a limo that was waiting out front. I looked at him then said, "Sungyeol-ssi, I mean, Sungyeol-oppa, I can go home by myself... Go inside and enjoy dinner."

He frowned, "Are you sure? You're still injured."

"It's fine, really."

He nodded, clearly still unconvinced, and leaned in and kissed my cheek. Oh right, he's my boyfriend. I totally remembered that.

"""