Next Morning

Happiness

Your POV

I woke up the next morning, with a maid shaking me awake. "Miss...Miss, wake up, Madam says that today you're meeting with the Lee's to choose a dress for the engagement party."

I shuffled up, sat up and nodded. "Okay."

The maid bowed and walked out, leaving me by myself once again. I frowned and looked at the clock. It was only seven o'clock... on a Sunday morning. I sighed, got off the bed and walked into the bathroom.

I tied my hair up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. Afterwards, I walked over to my walk-in closet. I chose a simple floral dress and simple white flats. I looked in the mirror one last time, before walking out of my room.

"""

Breakfast was quiet, as usual. I had awkwardly said 'good morning' to everyone and tried not to look at Myungsoo-oppa. Dad finally said, "I'll be going on trip to London to discuss some business matters. I'll be back in two days time. Kids, be good."

Oppa and I nodded and chorused, "Neh, appa."

He nodded then walked off. Mum looked at me and said, "~~~~~-ah, I've got some people to bring out a few of the new designs for engagement dresses. You must try them all and see which one you like."

I nodded.

She smiled then said, "I'll head out first. Sungyeol will drop by in a few minutes to pick you up."

"Araso."

She looked at oppa and said, "Myungsoo-ah, come on, let's go first."

Oppa looked at me, then stood up and followed mum out where the car was waiting. I sighed and played around with my food. I looked at a maid and said, "Excuse me, may you please take this away for me? I don't feel like eating it."

She nodded. "Araso, miss."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I sighed and walked out of the dining room and through the corridors, to the front door, where Sungyeol-oppa was standing waiting for me. He asked, "Are you ready to go?"

I nodded. "Neh."

We walked out and down the stairs to his sportscar that was parked right in front of the stairs. He opened up the door for me and I sat in and pulled my seatbelt on. He started the engine and drove around the fountain and to the gates. The guards there slowly opened them up and allowed us out.

We drove in awkward silence. I looked out at the scenery, not daring to look at Sungyeol-oppa. The wind played around my loose hair.

Sungyeol-oppa finally cleared his throat and asked, "So... how do you know Teentop?"

I looked at him and said, "Uhmm... I met them. A while ago."

He nodded. "I see..." He paused then continued, "Uhmm... Did L say anything about it?"

I nodded. "Uhm, oppa told me not to hang around them."

Sungyeol-oppa nodded. "He's right. They're not really people you should hang out with."

I turned away and restrained from scoffing. I said nothing and he said nothing. End of conversation.

"""