Party

Happiness

Narrator's POV

You sat in front of the mirror and brushed your long silky hair. When you finished, it fell perfectly into place. You applied foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lip-gloss. You stood up and grabbed your simple blue dress. You changed and slipped on your matching pair of highheels. You matched your look with a blue topaz necklace. Your aunt had bought it for you when she was travelling the world.
 
You looked at the full length mirror that was in your bathroom and sighed. There was a knock on your door. "Come in." You said.
 
Your mother came in and smiled. "~~~~~-ah, you look amazing... Good thing Sungyeol is attending this party, or all the other boys would try to get you to dance with them. Anyways, let's go now. We have to get to the second mansion before the guests start to arrive. We need to maintain a good appearance. Be a good host."
 
You nodded. "I understand."
 
It was Saturday, the day where your family was having a party at your family's second mansion. The main mansion was one of the biggest mansions in Seoul, as is the second. Truthfully, you still had no idea how many mansions your family had. They were scattered all around the world.
 
Your mother planted a kiss on your forehead then walked out.
 
You sighed. You hated parties like these. Nobody left you alone for even one minute. Your parents would put more pressure on you had to tell lies... about what you wanted to do after school... about being in a relationship. It was awful.
 
YOUR POV End
 
"""

Sungyeol's POV

When my family and I arrived at the Kims' second mansion, there were already people everywhere. My family and I walked over to the Kim's and greeted them. My mum whispered into my ear, "Ask ~~~~~ to dance."

I nodded. I looked at her then held out my hand, questioningly. She nodded and took my hand.

I guided her to the dance floor. She was graceful, like a swan, as we danced. No words were shared between us. When the song ended, I nodded at her and walked away to chat with some people.

She nodded and walked away as well, to where, I had no idea.

Sungyeol's POV End

"""

Your POV

As soon as I finished dancing with Sungyeol-oppa, we both walked in our seperate directions. I was just about to join my mum, when Jinnie and Ji Ae skipped up to me and linked arms with me.

Ji Ae looked around, "Hey ~~~~~, where's Myungsoo-oppa?" She was wearing a strapless green dress.

Jinnie giggled. She was wearing a strapless yellow dress. "He did come, right?"

I nodded. "Yeh... He's probably talking to some of our business partners..."

The two of them skipped off before I could say anything more. I sighed.

"~~~~~-ah! Come over here!" I turned to my right and saw mum beckoning me to go over to her. She was talking to some middle aged lady wearing a long black dress.

I walked over. Mum smiled at the woman and said, "This is my daughter, ~~~~~." (green is in English)

I bowed. "It's nice to meet you."

The woman smiled. "Wow, Hin-Jye, you're really something. You have such a handsome son and a beautiful daughter!"

My mum smiled. "~~~~~, this is Jenny, she's a famous designer from Paris."

Jenny said, "You know, Hin-Jye, your daughter could be a model."

Mum laughed. "Oh, you're exaggerating!" But I knew mum was pleased. "She's studying to be a doctor!"

Jenny gasped. "Wow! You must be smart, ~~~~~!"

I smiled. "Merci."

Mum nodded. "Ooh yes. Her teachers have told me how honoured they are to have her as a student!"

Jenny thought for a moment, "You know ~~~~~, I'm having a fashion show in a month down here... Maybe you could be a model?" She gave me her card. "Contact me and we'll make a time to talk about it."

Mum laughed, looking pleased.

I bowed. "Thank-you very much. I'm honoured...but..." Mum shot me a warning glare. I stopped myself from sighing. "I'm honoured. Count me in."

Jenny nodded, happily.

I smiled and said, "Excuse me, I need some fresh air."

The two women nodded and continued to chat as I walked out to the balcony.

I was alone out on the balcony, luckily. I leaned against the railing. I sighed. The wind played around my long loose hair. It felt nice. The sun was setting. I looked at the view. There were trees in the field outside the mansion. It reminded me of a park...

...which reminded me of Chunji.

I smiled. What was Chunji doing now? Was he having dinner with his family, or walking Cassie, the golden retriever? Or was he singing in the park?

I sighed. If only I was with him instead of here. It would be more... fun. Free. Happier.

"Hey..."

I turned around and saw Sungyeol standing at the French balcony doors.

"Uhm... you should come inside now. Your father is going to say his speech."

I nodded and looked at the view for on last time before following him in.

"""