CHAPTER 009

Friendship & Family

Jaeyun POV

Today has been a long and tired day for Yunjae and I. Firstly, with girls were chasing after us like we are their food. Second, the unexpected first encounter with Goo Jun Hoe. Third, with our own teacher bowing to us. Fourth, with that ing short explaination that I couldn't understand by Mr. Choi (I'm still angry about it) and last, the meeting with Junhoe's friends. I didn't expected Junhoe to have many friends. From his cold face, I thought he would be a loner that's why I offered to be friend. As for me, I don't have any friend beside Yunjae and Mom (yeah, I considered both of them as my friends). Since Junhoe's personality was exactly like me, I see no harm for me and also Yunjae to be friends with his friends. I also tried to be more friendly than usual and Yunjae tried to come out from his shy nature with strangers. It brought out our positive side, so why can't we be friends, right? And as for Mr. Choi, I've decided to ask the guys later. I'm sure they know about their own school.. or not? I've been feeling weird after seeing the pattern on the school hallways’ wall. Sure, it was beautiful and unique but it's a little creepy and I've got goosebumps all over me just thinking about it. It could be someone who has hatred towards someone that painted the wall. It's one of a kind and I swear I've never seen something like that. The pattern seems like it's hiding so much secrets behind its unique painting. There must be a story behind the painting. Anyways, today is a good day I guess. It's so so.

 

"Hey, Yunjae. Today was a crazy day, right?" I asked him as we walked along our way home. Is it only me or this road are unusually quiet? I shrugged that thought off.

"Yeah, I've never felt this before. Tired but happy." He kicked the small stone as he walked.

"I'm feeling that too. I'm obviously really tired right now but I'm happy because I've got many friends for the first time in my life."

"That's why you should fix your cold, emotionless face when you're with people. That way, people wouldn't misunderstand you or got scared."

"Says the one who are too shy to talk with people." I rolled my eyes.

He gasped and playfully punched my right arm. "Ouch, that hurts." It really hurts..

"I don't even use my full power yet you're hurt. You're so weak." He stuck his tongue at me.

"What to do? My body are too weak..." I fake sighed, secretly glancing at Yunjae who flabbergasted seeing my mood went down.

"Hey, hey, hey. No need to be sad about it. Look here." He pointed to his face, scrunched making it seems like he has many wrinkles. I burst out in laughter.

"There you go. You should be thankful that I'm always ready to sacrifice my handsome look to make you happy." I laughed at him, this time too loud until I fell down on my . "Why are you laughing now?"

"You're seriously funny. I'm acting just now. Sorry, I just want to see you funny face." He pouted. Haha, so cute. I squished his cheeks together. "You're so cute."

He batted my hand away. "Don't do that again. It's ruining my reputation plus people will think we are a couple."

"Are you indirectly admitting you look like a girl?" I nudged him playfully.

"After today's event, yes. I admit it and I need to change my hairstyle." He touched his hair.

"Don't you think we should run right now? I'm worried Mom is waiting for us." I said to him.

"Oh . Why don't we just run?" We started running.

 

"MOM! Where are you~" Yunjae sang as soon as he closed the door. Thank god, our wall are soundproof or not, neighbors are so gonna come knocking on our door asking us to be quite. Yes, that's how loud we can be.

"I'm here." Mom answered weakly as she come out from her room. Why does she sounded weak?

Yunjae ran towards her and engulfed her in a hug. "Mom, why didn't you go to bed first? Didn't I said not to wait for us?" He asked.

"Move aside. I want to hug Mom too." I pulled Mom and hugged her tightly. She's unusually warm. "Why does you sounded so weak?" I whispered in her ear. Seconds passed, still no answer coming out. I let her go. "Are you sick, Mom?" I placed my hand on her forehead only to jerk it back. , it's so hot. "Come here, Mom. You've got a fever. You need to lie down." I picked her up and slowly placed her on the couch.

"See, this is why I've told you not to wait for us." Yunjae scolded Mom.

"I'll be okay. I need to heat the food. I've cooked your favorite dish." She tried to stand up but of course I will not let her do that.

"No, you sit here. We'll do that." Yunjae said sternly. Both of us are very protective of Mom. We hate seeing Mom getting hurt or sick.

"Yes. We'll do everything." I said.

 

Yunjae POV

I took over the kitchen, doing everything I can while Jaeyun set up a table in front of Mom. I saw Mom trying to stand up AGAIN. I repeat AGAIN.

"Mom, don't you dare to stand up again. You should sit and watch us." Jaeyun said sternly.

"Thank you, Jaeyun."

"No problem." I want to say it first but he beated me. Well, we think the same. Can't blame anyone.

After a few minutes, everything has finished and I sat on Mom's right side while Jaeyun sat on Mom's left side.

I raised the spoon ready to feed Mom. Mom raised her eyebrow. "I want to feed you since I didn't want you to move so much." She just shrugged and opened .

"That's my good girl." After a few spoon, she refused to open . Obviously don't want to eat anymore.

Jaeyun sent me a look. I understood it immediately. I gave the plate and the spoon to him. He smiled mischievously.

"I will feed you. Mom, you don't want to make your sons sad, right?" She nodded. "Now, open your mouth. Say Ah." She obeyed his command. Haha, good job my brother. I gave him two thumbs up.

"But what about both of you?" Mom asked us.

"We will eat, but after Mom finish eating." Jaeyun said.

"Don't worry, we're gonna eat it. You just need to finish your food." I said as I watched the lovely scene. Jaeyun feeding Mom. So lovely. I need to capture this moment so I can savour it later. SNAP.

"Whatcha doing, Yunjae?" Jaeyun asked me.

"Just capturing this moment so we can savor this moment when we gets old." I grinned at him.

"Good idea, you should capture more. I'll pose. Haha." Mom only laughed at us.

He wasn't kidding when he said he will pose. Poor my hand, having to snap all of his pose. The night spent with both of us serving after Mom because we both don't want her to get tired so we did all the thing we can for Mom. From picked her up with bridal style until she fell asleep. Of course, she have got many objections but Jaeyun managed to shut her up with his aegyo. HAHA, Jaeyun does aegyo to Mom. He only do it for Mom and me. Not someone else, not even his past girlfriends. He said he's too fabulous to do aegyo for someone else other than us. Not like I hate it though, it's rare for him to do it. He didn't know that I make a video of him doing aegyo. MUAHAHA.

 

Jaeyun POV

Watching Yunjae singing for Mom to fall asleep, I feel calm. If I need to choose to save between my life or their lives, I will not hesitate to end my life if it means they can live. I can do everything for Mom and Yunjae. They're my everything. Yunjae slowly stand up, placing a kiss on her forehead and I do the same. We even tiptoed walking out of her room to avoid Mom wake up.

After I finished washing up, I went straight to our bed (yes, Yunjae and I sleep together on a king sized bed). Since both of us are a fast learners, we understood almost everything so we've done our homework at school. At night, we could sleep without having to worry about anything else and our beauty sleep will be safe.

"Jaeyun-ah, what do you think about the painting on the school hallways’ wall?" He asked as I placed my head on my soft pillow. If someone else saw us like this, they will think we are married couple.

"The pattern? I think it's beautiful." I replied his question. Beautiful. Too beautiful but a little creepy. Others might find it sick.

"I've been feeling weird ever since we entered the school. After seeing that, I only felt weirder." He turned to face me as I did the same.

"You know? I've been feeling weird too but I just shrugged it off."

"It's because the painting was too realistic. And I don't think the person who painted the wall are normal. The pattern seems like it have a story to tell us."

"I thought about that too. The unique pattern only make us get drawn in it. It's like a really realistic abstract art." I told him what I really felt.

"Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps all over me." He showed his goosebumps to me.

"You're not the only one. Why don't we sleep for now? We can ask the others about the school later. We've got time, don't worry." I assured him. I can ask Hongseok hyung later. I barely know him but I felt like he is the perfect person for me to ask.

"You're right. Good night." He pulled up the blankets.

"Good night." I turned off the light.

 

Nobody POV

Unknowing for the Park's family, someone was watching over them outside the house.

For now, you guys can enjoy you lives but for the next 6 months.... you guys can't escape from me.

 

Yunjae POV

I woke up early because I need to prepare breakfast for all of us. Mom is still sick and I assume, she'll be resting today. Not like I'm going to let her go to company in that state. Jaeyun and I knew she has been neglecting herself. She's busy with her work but she always make time for us. I appreciated that but she needs to take care of herself. How can she take care of us, when she couldn't take a good care of herself? I sighed.

After done preparing the breakfast, I went back to my room aka Jaeyun's room and he's already in the bathroom. He woke up early today. Haha, school just started yesterday and I said it like months has passed.

I entered Mom's room. Mom is still asleep. I walked to her bed and watched her silently. She must be really tired. She is sick and yet she's still waiting for us. I looked at her body. I swear she's getting skinny these days. Her bones are sticking out. She must be skipping her meals at company. I sighed again. I placed a kiss on her forehead and walked out of her room.

When I went back to my room, Jaeyun's styling his hair. Again, with his hairstyle. I rolled my eyes. I walked towards him and leaned against the wall.

"Are you done?" I said to him. Wait, was that eye bag under his eyes? "What's wrong with your eyes?" I interrogated him. But he looks like a panda right now..... I feel bad for him.

"Ah, the eye bag are too noticeable. I couldn't sleep at all last night, I kept waking up because I heard noises outside our house." Noises?

"Noises? What do you mean?"

"I heard leaves rustling outside the window. At first, I thought it might be for one time being but it keeps occurring. I got annoyed and I goes to see it. As soon as I goes to see it, I could see someone's shadow running."

"Wait, it's a thief right?"

"There's no way a thief could enter our house. Did you forgot we already installed many security devices so that thief can't enter our house which leaves him peeking outside the window?"

I picked up my concealer and grabbed his chin gently. "You need to wear this, you look like now." I applied it. He tried to budge away but I wouldn't let him.

"Stand still, I know you don't like wearing this thing but this is emergency. You really look bad." He finally stood still.

"Done. Now, you looked like usual. No eye bag or panda eye." I said to him, proud of my work. He looked at the mirror.

"Thanks. I looked better now." He murmured. I smiled.

"No problem."

"Why don't I do your hair? You said you want to change your hairstyle, right?" He said. Immediately, I crossed my hand.

"NO! Not today, maybe tomorrow." He groaned.

"Then don't complain if a guy asking you out at school later."

 

Jaeyun POV

"Why you didn't wake Mom?" I asked him.

"She's still sleeping. I can't bear to wake her up. Let her rest for today. The company's employee can take a holiday for today. I've told Mom's secretary to cancel all the meeting today."

"Ah.."

"But Mom's getting skinny. Don't you think so?"

"I noticed it too. She must be skipping her meals. Poor Mom, working hard for the company."

"Yeah. After school, I planned to buy groceries. Do you want to follow?"

"Of course I need to follow. Can't let my brother go alone plus it's dangerous for you to go alone. erts might mistake you as a girl and ended up bothering you. Ew, I don't want that to happen." I shivered slightly at the thought.

He laughed. "Did you forgot I can fight with people?" I almost forgot he can fight. Even with that pretty face, he could take 10 people by himself. I can fight too, but he's better than me.

"I almost forgot. Sorry." I grinned at him, showing my pink gum.

"Enough said. We've got only 45 minutes before school start. Better eat our breakfast now." He said. He can be childish at times, but he can also be really mature. When that happens, he really felt like hyung.

 

"I've leave a note for Mom on the refrigerator. So don't need to worry about anything else." He said to me.

"Okay." I said while grabbing my bag and shoes, ready to go.

"Come on. We've got 30 minutes only." He said as he closed the door.

We walked in a comfortable silence, each one getting a fresh air as people walking past us.

"Do you think we might get to meet the other groups that Junhoe mentioned yesterday?" I asked him.

"Maybe yes, maybe not. I'm not really sure about that."

"Why?"

"We need to go buy groceries after school, remember?"

"Ah..." I thought it was something else....

"I really hope the others really want to be friend with us, not because of our status."

"I hope that too. The reason why I don't like making friends because some people are just hypocrite. They want to get close to rich people like us and pretended they liked us. Just what is that?" I said to him. People nowadays only cares about wealth and status.

"It's upsetting that our society are slowly becoming like that." He sighed.

"It's nothing we can do to change the fact unless they started to change for the better by themselves." I sighed too.

 

Even so, they both know they're anticipating whether they'll meet the other groups or not.

 

A/N: Thank you for reading. ^-^