CHAPTER 020

Friendship & Family

Haerin POV

I didn't think I would get to see the so called hot new students here. At least not here, in the place where I work along with Amber and Hyuna.

It's crazy and truly fascinating. Even for me, who the one least expected would stare at people but that's what I found myself just did. Staring at the Park's family as they entered the boutique, hands still at the clothes, hanging them at the rack while my jaw dropped on the floor.

My attention wasn't really at the two men, but the beautiful lady in the middle of them. So, that's Park Joohyun? I thought to myself. Funny how she looked gorgeous than women who younger than her and I admired her flawless figure. And her visual just make it a whole better. I swear she's the most beautiful lady I've ever seen.

No one could ever catch up to her. Not when she's a never aging beauty and her age is the same as my older sister. What word I could use to express this? A vampire? Yeah, a vampire. Wait, a queen of vampire sounds better. But what makes her more elegant is, I think it would be her great personality. Everybody talked about how humble and nice she is.

Feeling something poked my side, I snapped and quickly collected the pieces of my mind together.

"Yes?" I turned to see who it was. My mouth gaped. "Y-You!" I pointed to that person. "What are you doing here?"

He grinned. "So, is this where you've been working for a while?" , how did he know I worked here?

He began to pace around. I crossed my hands over my chest and tapped my foot. "Don't tell me Dad makes you follow me around?"

He stopped and smirked. This brat. "Well, you know it." He shrugged and turned to face me.

"Oh Sehun." I called out his name and he smirked. Yet again.

"Yes darling." He replied sweetly, batting his eyelashes just to mock me.

"I'm not your darling!"

"Yes baby."

I heaved out a sigh. "Can we stop playing this weird thing?"

"Okay." He straightens his back. "I'll go straight to the point." He takes a deep breath. "Uncle wants you to take over his company. By that, it means you coming back to home."

"Nope."

"What?!"

"No, I'm not going to come back." I stared right into his eyes.

"Haerin." He sighed. "No matter how hard you despise Uncle, he is still your father. Just.. just please come back. At least, come back to see Uncle. He's in a bad condition."

I thought about it for a second. I do love Dad but...

"Just to let you know, he suffered great enough after you left." He patted my shoulder. With that, he walked away.

A groan escaped from my mouth. "Ah, I don't know." I ruffled my hair angrily leaving it in a mess.

 

Hyuk POV

I've been dragged by the hyungs and here I am. At the shopping mall. But why are we standing here in the same spot as we were just a few minutes ago?

"Hyung." I called. "Hyung~" My patience are running low. "Hyung!" A finger rested on my lip.

"Zip your lip for a while." Taekwoon hyung said. "Look who's here." He looked at the entrance door.

"The Park's family." The rest said in unison.

Hakyeon hyung turned to look at me. "Hyukkie, was that the two boys who hold the first place in national?"I nodded. He looked back at them. "They look perfect. From head to toe, they're perfect."

"What are you talking about, hyung?" Hongbin hyung asked, annoyed by the situation we're in right now.

Peoples are pushing each other, all wanted to see the Park's family and it's hard for us to move.

Even Ken hyung whose usually bright looked annoyed. I looked at the crowd's attention.

I could barely see them. But I stared in awe once the view got in my sight. Seeing Park Joohyun in real life was woah. She's even better looking in person. How can she looked that young? She even looked younger than her sons. At a glance, I'm sure anyone would thought she's not a single mother.

"So, the boys got their good looks from their mom. I see." Wonsik hyung's eyes following them.

"Yeah. No wonder you fall in love with the older twin." Wonsik hyung got embarrassed because of what Hongbin hyung just told everybody.

"Are you serious, Wonsik?" Hakyeon hyung laughed.

"I didn't fall in love with a guy. I only liked him because I thought he is a girl." He looked down.

"Past is a past." Taekwoon hyung softly said.

I looked around me. Yeah. Finally, we could move. "Hyung, can we go already? We could move easily now."

 

Jaeyun POV

I didn't think that boy is a girl. I met another someone whose gender are confusing for me. I'm fighting my inner side to not laugh. Or Yunjae will get hurt by my laugh. Though it's really funny of how he looked like a girl and Amber looked like a guy.

 

To be honest, my were cramped because I kind of sat for a long time without standing up. And that's the reason I gave a brilliant idea which is to go outside and just pick any clothes we like, buy and visit another shop instead of sitting in this office, looking through all of the clothes in the catalogues. And it's a relief that Yunjae supported me. 

 

Mom was looking through the clothes one by one. Let me tell you guys something, Mom has a difficulty when she is choosing clothes and she needs someone to help her which I'm about to do.

A staff walk past me. I studied her style. Hm, her outfit looked simple but she added a few accessories plus that stylish high heel. Her hair was styled according to her outfit. She looked like a customer if not for her nametag. I'm going to let her have the honor to help Mom choose her outfit.

I walked to her and tapped her shoulder timidly.

"Excuse me, Miss." She turned.

"Yes." She gasped and bowed repeatedly.

I panicked. "H-Hey, you don't have to bow." It's still uncomfortable for me when someone bow to me.

She straightens her back. "Can I help you Sir?" I frowned. Sir? I'm not old.

I smiled at her, trying to be friendly. If you want somebody's help, you gotta be friendly and kind.

"Just call me Jaeyun."

"Is there anything you want me to help Mr. Jaeyun?" I didn't bother to comment anything about 'Mr.'.

"Yes, and it will be nice if you can help Mom pick clothes." I rubbed the back of my neck, suddenly feeling awkward. "You know, she has a difficulty choosing clothes." She smiled politely.

"It's a honor for me to help. Can you bring me to her?"

"Thank you Miss." I looked at her nametag. Kim Hyuna. "Hyuna. Thank you Miss Hyuna."

 

"Mom, I bring someone to help you." I turned to her. "There she is." I pointed to Mom's direction.

She nodded. Without saying anything, she proceeded to Mom.

Shrugging, I walked to Yunjae. "Aren't you suppose to help Mom?" He was fixing his tie.

"Nope, I just sent someone to help her." He stopped fixing his tie and looked at me.

"Is this suit okay?" 

I shook my head. "The color was a bit disturbing."

"I thought so." He went in the changing room.

What should I pick? Looking through the clothes, I scanned one by one.

"I will pick that suit if I was you." A voice said. I turned back.

"Who are you?" I asked.

A guy who looked like he's in his 30s. I didn't remember if I've met this guy before. He chuckled and stand beside me, picking suits for himself or I thought so.

"We've met before." He gave me the suits he picked. "Try this. I'm sure it looks good on you."

Grabbing the suits from him, I saw Yunjae came out from the changing room.

"Jaeyun, what do you think ab-" Yunjae looked up and met eyes with the guy. He looked at me. "Who is this?"

The guy cleared his throat. "Well, I gotta go. Make sure to buy that suits I've picked for you." He winked and walked out from the boutique. An old man just winked at me. I must be imagining things.

"Hey Jaeyun. I think I saw that man winked at you."

"So, I'm not imagining things." I mumbled quietly. Yunjae shrugged.

"Anyways, what do you think about this suit?" I gave him an okay sign. "Okay?" I nodded before walked into the changing room.

 

Yunjae POV

I looked over the bags I'm currently holding. We bought a lot of things for today. All three of us were holding bags.

Our hands are literally full of shopping bags.

Mom was struggling to walk and so was Jaeyun and me.I was busy looking over the bags and I bumped shoulders with someone causing me to fall down along with the bags scattered all around me.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you." I looked up to the one who's apologising.

"Yunjae?"

"Hongseok hyung." He give a hand for me and I took it. I stood up and brushed the dirtd off my jean.

He picked all the bags and handed it to me. Mom and Jaeyun were already gone. They didn't realized I was at the back. "What are you doing here alone?" He asked.

"Actually, I came here with Mom and Jaeyun. But I guess I was left behind. Haha." I laughed awkwardly.

"Give me some of your bags." He took some of the bags from me and hold it himself. I looked at him confusedly.

"Let's go to your car."

"Huh?"

"I'm helping you bringing some of this. Let's go to your car so I can put these bags."

"Uh, yeah. Come on."

 

We get into the elevator quietly, still not use to each other. I decided to break the ice between us. "Hyung, how long have you been at that high school?"

"Approximately, until this year, it's been 4 years. Why'd you ask that?"

"Oh, nothing. Just curious about it." I smiled. 4 years? If he was an exchanged student from Singapore, it means he's been in high school for a long time.

An awkward silence came in again. By the way, why does this elevator move so slow? Or is it only me?

"Um, Yunjae. About tomorrow-" The elevator shook violently.

"What's happening?" I panicked, tightly holding all the bags.

"I think there's a maintenance problem." The elevator stop shaking but another problem was up.

"Great. We're stuck here." I rolled my eyes and put down the bags. Reaching my phone in my pocket, I took it out. Jaeyun's number came in sight. I tapped the call button.

"Hey Yunjae! Where are you? Mom kept asking about you."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. "We're stuck in the elevator."

"We?"

"Hongseok hyung's with me over here. He offered to bring some of the bags to our car."

"Oh." I could tell he was nodding. "On what floor are you stuck at?" I looked up.

"8th floor."
"Okay, I've got you guys. I will call the staff to bring you out." The call ended abruptly.

"Yunjae, we might have to wait for an hour in here."

"I know." I sat on the floor as he did the same.

I closed my eyes. Seconds later, my eyes snapped open when I remembered Hongseok hyung wanted to ask something.

"Hyung, didn't you want to ask something?"

"Yeah." He smiled awkwardly. Why is it so awkward in here?

"Go on." I casually said, trying to ease the awkward level but I think it didn't succeed.

"Do you have anything in your mind that you think you could use for your project?"

"Project?"

"The whole creating things system."

"Oh."

I thought about it for a while."No. Why?"

"It's better if you start thinking about it by now. Or it will be hard for you to graduate."

"Is it that hard?" He pulled out his phone.

"If you want an answer, then yes. It's really hard. I've created many things but none of it were beneficial enough. I felt like I'm just wasting my time."

"I thought so."

The whole things about it didn't make any sense for me. Why would we have to do that when we already have brain? Why we can't graduate properly?

"I don't know about the others, but I think our school aren't that great anymore."

"Why did you say so?"

"I'm sure you have heard about the graduated students."

"Yes, but it's only a-"

"No."

"Huh?"

"It's not just a rumor. They're gone. Just like a dust."

"What do you mean?"

"You still couldn't match the pieces together, aren't you?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned comfortably on the elevator's wall. "Then, you tell me hyung."

"They're waiting for your twin and you to enroll in our school." I kept quiet, watching he takes a deep breath. "The whole system was just a cover. It's just to cover what they've been doing lately. According to what I've researched, our school started operating right when the news of your mother, Park Joohyun gives birth to healthy twin brothers. Which were you and Jaeyun." The way he talks gives me chill all over my body. "If you forgot, I will tell you. Your grandparents were one of the respected people in this nation. So, when the news came out, everybody came to congratulate them. Including the original principal of our school."

"Your point is?" I asked him.

"I'm not finished yet. Many of our school's students didn't know this but our teachers were all originally from this school."

"How did they graduate?"

"That's the point. Before, they didn't have the system like today. Our school was just like another school but the differences was the students were all really smart students."

"Which were still the same like today." I muttered lowly.

"Exactly." He clicked his tongue. "Now, if you remember, can you tell me what Mr. Choi explained to you?"

"I remembered he talked about giving us 6 months to fully understand what he truly means."

"6 months. Everyone was given 6 months and after that, they still didn't know what to do. 6 months were just a trial."

"Trial for what?"

"To see if you could understand it or not."

"It's like a test to see if you're smart enough to break the policy. But until now, nobody figured it out." He rubbed him palms together. "I don't know if I'm the only one who knew about this but, you better graduate or your fate are going to be like us."

"Hyung, there's something you didn't tell me."

He looked at me and smiled playfully. "I'm impressed. And yes, I left out the important part purposely." He pointed to the security camera. "Someone could hear what we were talking about. And if that happens, we're done for bad."

"Now what the hell are you talking about, hyung?" I groaned in frustration.

"Just beware of your surroundings." He cleared his throat"It will be better if Jaeyun was with you and we're talking about this matter at somewhere else."

"For what?"

He stared right into my eyes. "So, I could tell both of you everything I knows." I got goosebumps. "From the beginning until the end."

Right when he finished talking, the elevator started functioning properly.

We stood up quickly, each brushing the dirts off our clothes.

 

Janghyun POV

What the hell was that old man talking about? I thought as soon as I walked out from his office.

Great day. What a really great day! Oh, I love today so much! I rolled my eyes inwardly. I kicked the can that was on my way. I heard someone yelped in pain.

"OW! Hey you!" I looked up. A short boy pointing at me.

I turned back to see if he was referring to someone else.

"Yes, you. Dimpled guy." I walked to him.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him timidly.

He picked up the can that I kicked earlier. Oops, was that blood on his forehead?

"This." He held the can right in front of my face. He pointed to his forehead. "Hit me on the forehead. Aren't you at least should be sorry that you hit a girl unintentionally?"

"You are a girl?!"

"Oh, yes. I'm a girl. Is there any problem?"

I grabbed her wrist and walked to the infirmary. Thankfully, I surveyed this school before I came.

 

A/N: Yeah, more secrets to dig. Now that Yunjae has find out half quarter of the secrets, what will he do? I've officially reached Chapter 20. YAY!! I don't know for how long this story would be, but I'll just write according to the flow. Thank you for reading this. ^_^