CHAPTER 017

Friendship & Family

Yunjae POV

I couldn't even said my goodbye to Junhoe and the others because Kris dragged Jaeyun and me away. We let him do that because we're too tired to say something. I even got sleepy and it almost make me stumble if not for Jaeyun who pulled me closer to him.

"Thanks or I'll probably kiss the grass." I muttered.

"You look too tired. Are you okay?" He asked, worrying about me. "Kris hyung, where are you going to bring us?"

He stopped on his track and took out his phone. "I will call Minseok to get us. And you two." He pointed to us. "Wait here. Don't go anywhere." He goes off somewhere to do the deed.

Jaeyun pulled out his phone from his pocket. "Why does he like to do something beyond our expectation? We aren't even close with him. We just knew him yesterday." He's playing a game now. What a brilliant way to wait. I snatched his phone away and began playing the game.

"Well, he's trying to build our trust. We need to know them anyway. Maybe they're kind even though their actions are a bit.. weird." He snatched his phone back from my hand.

"I don't and won't care about them. So far, only Junhoe and Hongseok hyung seems trustable enough for me." I looked at him.

"What about the others?"

He shrugged. "I don't know but I can't say anything yet. Maybe I'll learn to trust each one of them as time passes." He said nonchalantly.

A limousine stopped in front of us, Wow, a limousine. The window rolled down, revealing Kris hyung and another guy beside him. Kris hyung then opened the door. "You two, get in." We get in without saying a word.

The rest of the journey was in silence. We would looked at each other for a brief seconds then, looked away due to the awkwardly mood in the air. I looked outside. A mansion could be seen. It looked big and luxurious. Such a waste of money. Those money should goes to unfortunate people instead.

The limousine then went into the underground parking lot. The door was opened by one of the maid. I think. I smiled at her as a reward. I got off from the limousine. Jaeyun got off as well.

"So, whose mansion is this?" He asked, as Kris hyung and the other guy got off.

"His." The shorter guy offered his hand which Jaeyun and I gladly shook it. "My name is Kim Minseok. You can call me Minseok or Xiumin. I'm the same age as Kris and Luhan. Born on 31st March 1990." No way, our are too big. 7 freaking years.

"Hey, you guys are too old. We have 7 years difference. You guys could be our uncle." I stiffled a laughter when Jaeyun said that. "It's a good thing that your face are younger than your age, Minseok hyung."

"Please don't mention the age difference. It makes me feel too old." He laughed. "If only we could graduate easily.." He mumbled. I don't want to end up like them. I almost forgot about it. I need to understand what Mr. Choi said faster. I have to graduate early.

"Enough talking about it. Let's get inside."

 

Taehyun POV

"Thank you for sparing your time, Mr. Choi." I bowed to him.

"You should create something that actually really useful for us. Try harder next time." He smiled, showing his dimples.

""I will, Mr Choi."

Once the door closed, I cursed nonstop. I've been trying for numerous times and yet, nothing could be use. Does he want all of students to stuck up here until we die? Seriously, when will I get to graduate? I sighed deeply. I walked to the trashcan and dump the thing. If this continue, I will give up doing it. I will never recommend this school to my brother. I don't want him to have the same fate as me. Top school? I scoffed. Dumb school exactly.

Entering the class, with gloomy face and dark aura around me. The class was super noisy, my classmates are all playing around. Even the teacher didn't seem to care about students, she just let me walk in without sparing a glance at me. I sat on my seat quietly, faces scrunched up. Jinhwan noticed my look.

"Yours not good?" Being a considerate friend, he asked. He is referring to that thing.

I nodded. I closed my face with my hands and groaned. "I spent almost 4 months working on that and he said it's not useful enough." He patted my shoulder. I looked at him. "How am I going to graduate at this rate?"

"Just be patient. We will graduate. It's just not time yet." He sat on his seat back. "You know, Mrs. Shin just let us do whatever we want. She said since we've learned everything we need to, there is nothing to teach anymore."

"I knew it, she didn't even spare any glance when I entered earlier." I glanced at Mrs. Shin. "Look at her, even she's playing a game on her phone. That means she's bored because of continuously seeing the same faces." Who wouldn't get bored? Teaching the same students for the past 6 years. You tell me if there is someone who aren't bored.

He nodded in agreement. Everybody will agree with me if I say we will forever be in high school and never graduate. How come I can think that far? Because the situation makes me think like that. I don't about the whole school policy. I'm sure people outside around my age are already getting ready for an interview for a job. While me, scratch that, all students, stuck here, couldn't graduate just because of the stupid 'creating something useful'. Over the past years I've been in this school, the number of people who graduated could be counted by fingers only. Which means, very few people graduated from this school. I don't know if they actually make this school's names rose up.

Rumors going around that those who graduated were never seen in this country which only leave two options, it's either they goes overseas, or they were dead. But those rumors are just rumors and I don't believe it. Rumors are meant for those who are stupid enough to believe in it and I'm not stupid. I admit I have a few doubt about my life after graduating but I pushed those thoughts and forget about it. Right now, I focused to graduate and graduate only. I don't care about anything else. I repeat, I need and must graduate or this aren't going anywhere.

 

Jaeyun POV

Kris's mansion sure is no joke. Even the hallways are bigger than our school's. And the maids were all lining up along the hallways. I felt uncomfortable seeing all those maids. Some of them are old and some of them are young looking. Imagine if those maids have been working here since forever. Oh, how much they miss the fun life. I put on an expressionless face when Kris turned to look at me.

He sighed and walked to a door. Putting the password, the door opened. "What are you guys waiting for? Let's get inside."

 

The 10 familiar faces were in this room too. Fortunately, the room are big or it will be crowded. Luhan, I think, waved to me and pat the seat right beside him. I stared at him. Yunjae nudged me, telling me to go sit with Luhan.

I carefully sat on the chair, awkward tension in the air. We're all glancing at each other, only to look away few seconds later when our eyes met.

The guy who kept smiling all the time, the same one who stared at Yunjae earlier, decided to break the silence with his unexpectedly deep voice.

"I will start first." He clapped his hands. "My name is Park Chanyeol. Born in 27th November 1992. I'm the second tallest in EXO and I'm also the happy virus." His smile getting wider. "I hope to be friends with both of you."

"My name is Byun Baekhyun. Born in 6th May 1992. Together with Chanyeol, we're the moodmaker." The shorter one who came to get Jaeyun and me earlier said.

Seeing this, the guy who I thought was sick but not sick took a chance to introduce himself. "I'm Tao. Huang Zitao. I'm from China along with Luhan hyung and Lay hyung. And I can do wushu. Oh, my birthdate is 2nd May 1993."

"My name is Kim Jongdae. I'm the same age with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Born in 21st September. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and I are in beagle line. You can call me Chen hyung or Jongdae hyung." A guy with high cheek bones stated. "And Tao called himself as Kungfu Panda."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "And beware of Chen. He likes to troll." He looked at me. "I already told you my name but never mind. My name is Luhan and as Tao said, I'm from China. Beijing to be exact. And don't call me girly, because I'm manly."

Kris scoffed. "Manly in your dream." Luhan glared. "Did I tell you my name or not? I forgot about it. Anyways, my name is Wu Yifan. Just call me Kris."

"My name is Kim Jongin. Call me Kai hyung or Jongin hyung. Born in 14th January in 1994."

"I'm Oh Sehun. Please call me Sehun hyung. I'm born in 12th April 1994." The others gave him a look. "What?" They ignored his question and looked away. "Fine." He sulked.

"Hello. My name is Kim Junmyeon. You can call me Junmyeon hyung or Suho hyung." He gave a sincere smile, which makes me feels calm. "And I'm the same age with Lay." I sighed in silent. It's gonna be a long day.

 

Kai POV

"My name is Kim Jongin. Call me Kai hyung or Jongin hyung. Born in 14th January in 1994." I said to them.

"I'm Oh Sehun. Please call me Sehun hyung. I'm born in 12th April 1994." I gave him a judging look as the other did the same. "What?" We ignored his question and looked away. "Fine." He sulked.

"Hello. My name is Kim Junmyeon. You can call me Junmyeon hyung or Suho hyung." Suho hyung smiled at them. "And I'm the same age with Lay." The one who's name is Jaeyun sighed in silent.

I watched his twin's reaction. His name is Yunjae, right? Yeah, Yunjae. His face was calm, his hairstyle makes him looked more calm than he already is. I gotta admit, I was starstruck when I first saw him. That's how beautiful he is. But the sad thing is, he is a guy. I can understand why Taeyong thought he is a girl. Being in a school with girls wearing a pant like guys do, it's easy to get confuse especially when girls appeared to have shorter hair. Like Amber noona. It's no secret that everybody thought she is a guy. But when she said she is a girl, everybody went wild. She even showed a picture of her wearing a dress and damn, she looked so pretty.

The introduction about us then ended. Kris hyung clapped his hands. "Now that, we have introduced all of our names, why don't both of you tell us about you like your hobbies etc?"

I noticed how Jaeyun's shoulder dropped a little while Yunjae's eyes twitched slightly. The mood in the air changed into an awkward yet uncomfortable as they both kept silent. Minseok hyung couldn't stand it, so he said something which relieves everyone in this room.

"Um, guys. I think we should ask them about that later. When they are comfortable enough to talk about it."

"Thank you for being understanding, Minseok hyung." Yunjae lips curled upward slowly, forming into a smile. Jaeyun also smiled to him. Did I saw wrong? He just smiled at one of us? He actually does smiled at Minseok hyung? ...Maybe he's not so cold as I thought he is. At least, the first step is done.

 

Mino POV

When Taehyun told me about what he saw, I got shocked. Why would a stranger, on top of that, someone who looked like a typical serial killer actually got inside our school. It's unbelievable that he could get into this school without getting caught since our school's security are really tight. And when I said tight, it was super tight.

But Taehyun said his thing that he worked on 5 months was disapproved from Mr. Choi. I got discouraged. It makes me lose motivation to create my own thing. How could I create it when I know it will only be dumped in the trashcan? People always thought I'm the happy-go-lucky kid due to my bright personality. But I have my own insecurity.

People didn't know that the one who's always smiling are the one who are dying inside but I guess I've done a good job in hiding it. I have no intention to make them worry about me. Not even my mother and my lovely little sister. I chose to be strong and tried be more positive rather than being weak and negative about all things. Even my mom and little sister couldn't see what I'm hiding from them yet, someone who just got here, in this school could see it. And it was Shin Haerin. I still remembered our first encounter. She could see past off what I'm hiding from everyone. And she tried her best to make me come out from it and I'm really thankful for that. She changed me for the better and I love her very much. I asked her out during last summer and she said yes. She agreed to be my girl and I couldn't be any happier than that.

Back to reality, I snapped off from my thoughts and looked at Taehyun. His shoulder slumped down, his hair was in a mess, his slanted eyebrow was slanted even more, the bag under his eyes was darker than usual. I knew how much he worked hard to create the thing. He practically given up his sleep for it. And I was sorry for him even though it was not my fault, still I felt sorry for it. To see him in this state, I knew how much he wanted to graduate and make his mother proud.

Sure, he maybe aren't that friendly and hot-headed but I understood him. Seungyoon and him was from the same background. They both didn't have a father and they grew up without one. I wondered how much they suffered behind those smile. It must be really bad. I couldn't imagine it. All I know is we all have the same ambition. Which is to graduate. That is our one and only ambition. And we'll make sure to achieve it, no matter what.

 

A/N: Sorry, the update was late. And thank you for reading this story. I sincerely thank all of you. ^-^. I will try to satisfy all of you guys. Again, I thank you guys for reading this. ^0^