CHAPTER 022

Friendship & Family

Hanbin's POV

"WOAH!" All of us (except Junhoe of course since he's been here once) said when we saw Jaeyun and Yunjae' house. It's decent but beautifully decorated. With flowers around it, definitely gives off a calm vibe. It's really beautiful. As expected, they're different from the others rich kid.

The bus was a little full of kids (even though some are older than me) but there are still a few empty seats. I've made a good choice on using the bus as teleportation to our destination. The camp spot. I gave a sign to the driver as he asked if we wanted to park here.

I clapped my hands twice, earning their focus on me. "So kids, Junhoe and I are going into their house. You guys wait in here." I ushered Junhoe to get off the bus as I followed behind him.

I managed to catch a few disagreements before I got off.

"But why are the two of you only? I want to follow too."

"Yeah, me too."

"Crazy Hanbin. Does he think we're going to be quiet in here?" Jiwon hyung stood up. "DEFINITELY NOT!! GUYS, COME ON. WE GOT OFF AS WELL." I didn't get a chance to say something as I quickly got off the bus before my body get squish between them and ended up being a human sandwich.

I groaned loudly. "YOU KIDS! DO ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO FIT INTO THEIR HOUSE HUH?? THEIR HOUSE ARE GOING TO BURST IF ALL OF YOU ENTER IT." I shouted, but it seems like nobody is listening to me. They are too busy looking over the Parks' house. Junhoe laughed furiously at me.

"Hanbin-ah, don't worry. We're going to wait outside only." Youngjae patted my shoulder. He has gut. Junhoe wiped his tears from laughing too much.

"Hanbin hyung, please don't get mad at us. We'll wait here." Chanwoo tried to soothe my burning heart and it seems to cool down a little. Well, the maknae power.

"Anyways, hyung let's go." Junhoe pulled my wrist. The rest watched us with a hint of envy on their faces.

Junhoe knocked the door.

"Who's there?" Yunjae's voice could be heard.

"Junhoe. And I bring Hanbin hyung." The door clicked open.

"Hanbin hyung. Come, come." Jaeyun pulled us in and the door closed by itself. Sounds of various locks clicked. I looked at the door. So much guarding things. All kinds of locks were placed there. Even a surveillance camera was placed on top of the door. Following the movements made by the people inside the house.

I found myself seated on a couch. Modern style couch. Um, nice one. I forgot someone. Where is Junhoe?

I looked for him helplessly as I didn't see where the twins are. Oh my god! What if their Mom was also here? I closed my face in embarassment. Damn, my first impression is most likely will be not good.

"Mom!" I heard Junhoe's voice. I peeked through the hole between my palms and my face. I saw Junhoe cheerfully hugged a beautiful woman which I suspected to be the twin's Mom whose name is Park Joohyun. I envy him. How could he be that close already with their Mom?

She caught me peeking. "Is this handsome young man one of your friends too Jaeyun?" She sat beside me.

"Supposedly, yes." He answered nonchalantly. Ouch, my heart. Did I just got rejected as his friend?

I stood up instantenously and bowed repeatedly to her. She stopped me before I could bow again. She put a hand on my shoulder. I'm confused. Aren't we supposed to be extra polite towards someone who is more superior to us? I got scared, thinking I've done something wrong. I nervously looked down, embarrassed to face her. Who wouldn't though?

"Hyung, you don't have to be so shy. It's so unlike you." Junhoe spoke behind Yunjae while Jaeyun looked at me uninterested.

She pulled me down to sit on the couch beside her. "What's your name?"

"H-Hanbin. Kim Hanbin." I stuttered.

I've never thought I would have the chance to actually face her. She's like a queen in this nation. She has the power to do everything she wants but she didn't. And I always admire her for that. Mom always talked about her. That rich people should learn from her. Humble, kind and doesn't treat poor peoples badly. Is there anybody else like her? Heh, I don't think so.

"Hanbin. That's a good name." I glanced nervously at her. I saw she smiled. She just smiled at me. Wow, I think I won a lottery.

"Are you two the only one or the others are also here?" Jaeyun fixed his hair.

"They're all waiting outside." Junhoe said.

"What?! Why don't you say so?" Yunjae ran off to climb up the stairs.

"You didn't ask." Junhoe shrugged.

I looked up and she's still looking at me. "Why are you being shy? Come with me." She stood up and walked in the kitchen. I watched her movement while I'm still sitting. "Junhoe, bring him with you and come here."

"Okay Mom." Junhoe looked at me. "Hyung, what are you doing? Let's get into the kitchen."

 

I saw a few of dish on the table. It looks delicious. I my lips unconsciously.

"Do you want some?" She asked. I shook my head.

"You are obviously lying hyung." Junhoe gave me a judging look. You ungrateful kid. I literally raised you and you are being like this to me.

She feeds me when I opened my mouth to say something. Then, she proceeds to feed Junhoe also. Which he happily munching on it.

"So delicious." He beamed.

She grinned. "That's why I packed some of it for you guys. Wait here." She brought a few big bags with her. "TA-DA!"

"You are really lucky when Mom decided to pack it for you guys." Jaeyun slung his bag.

"I know." Junhoe smirked and hugged her tightly. "Thank you so much. I thought I'm going to starve because this hyung-" He pointed to me. "-decided to do the stupid decision and left the foods that we were supposed to bring it along." He rolled his eyes. I think I want to kick someone if not for the twin's mom. She laughed and ruffles his hair. Then she ruffled my hair too. She is really nice.

She broke away the hug and hugged me. "Thank you for being one of my sons' friends." She chuckled. "Please understand if Jaeyun was being too cold. He'll eventually warm up when he feels comfortable around you guys." I slowly hugged her back.

"I will, Ma'am." She broke the hug and frowned.

"Don't call me that. You can call me Mom."

"But-"

"Hyung, when she said to call her Mom, just do it. You won't get this chance anywhere." Yunjae said as he climb down the stairs.

"Boys, are these foods enough for all of you?" She asked.

"I think so." Jaeyun kissed her cheek. "Don't work too hard.""Okay."

Yunjae hugged and kissed both her cheeks. They really loves their Mom. "Don't forget to eat. I will call you later."

It's Junhoe and my turn to hug her. "Mom, actually the others wanted to come in along with the two of us but Hanbin hyung told them to wait outside." He pulled away from the hug. I hugged her. Why do I feel so warm? It feels like I'm hugging my Mom. I guess all mother have that kind of power.

"Is it okay if you meet all of them? It won't be long." I asked her.

"Of course. It's my pleasure to meet all of my sons' friends. They're basically my sons too."

 

Five of us walked out from the house and went to see the rest. They looked shocked when she came out as well. To tell the truth, I kind of feeling proud walking beside her.

"My boys are finally making friends." She said, her eyes b with tears that are threatening to fall.

Jaeyun pulled her in a hug to comfort her. "There." He patted her back. "Yes, we are making friends. So, you don't have to worry anymore." He whispered softly. I felt like I'm watching a beautiful movie. We got to watch a new side of Jaeyun.

All of us watched the scene until a certain someone decided to step in and cut the scene. "Er, can we go now? I think we're late." That someone was undeniably Goo Junhoe. Awkward. Silence took over.

"Oh, that's right." She broke the hug. "Well, all of you can get into the bus now."

"Bye Mom." Jaeyun and Yunjae were the first to get in. Then Junhoe followed. We're like little childrens lining up to get into the bus. She watched all of us get in. The door then closed. All of us went over to the window and waved at her as the bus drove away. She waved back.

If I tell Mom I've met Park Joohyun, she will be really jealous.

 

Yunjae’s POV

I leaned on my seat comfortably. I looked at the others. Some are playing their phones, some are sleeping, and some are joking with each other while someone is reading a book. Hongseok hyung.

I glanced around me. Good, Junhoe and Jaeyun are sleeping. Clear. I stood up and went to sit beside him.

"Hyung." He looked up.

"Yeah?"

"You know, you still owe me a better explaination." He makes a face. "Don't you dare make that face. I'm dying to know the biggest part." I glared at him. He laughed.

"Later, when we are alone. And remember to bring Jaeyun along with you." He went back to read his book.

I stood up and quickly went back to my seat.

 

I was starting to fall asleep when the bus suddenly braked causing some of awake and some bumped their heads.

"ACK! My head!" Jimin held his forehead, rubbing it.

"You are lucky you only bumped your head." Taehyung hyung muttered.

"Yeah, right. I'm so LUCKY." Jimin hyung glared at him.

"Quit the bickering or I'm gonna bump both your heads together." Jin hyung sent them a warning and it completely makes them go quiet.

"What's the matter?" I could hear Jiwon hyung asked Hanbin hyung.

"I don't know." He shrugged and went to the driver. He looked serious when he talked to the driver. He came back with a smile. "Guys, don't worry. The bus kind of shocked but its okay now. So, calm down and enjoy your trip." Hanbin hyung sat back on his seat.

"You sounds like a foreigner tourist." Jiwon hyung snorted. Hanbin hyung laughed sarcastically.

We all went back to our own business. I glanced at Jaeyun. Did he even wake up earlier? I yawned, mouth opened widely. Anyways, I want to sleep. I'm sleepy.

They just have to wake me up if we've arrive.

No hard work, just wake me.. up. My eyelids closed slowly.

 

Jaeyun’s POV

Since when he doesn't wake up easily? I shook Yunjae's shoulder again, in attempt to wake him up.

"Yunjae." I called him. He doesn't move at all. "Hey, Yunjae. Wake up, we've arrived." I gently slapped his cheek so it doesn't leave a mark. His eyelids fluttered open.

"Um, what did you say?" His voice sounded hoarse.

I stood up. "Come on." I turned to look at him. "We've arrived at the place."

 

"Is this the place you're bringing all of us, Hanbin?" I could hear Jinhwan hyung asking the question.

"So," I put both Yunjae and my bags on the ground.

"What's going on?" Yunjae finished my words.

The other boys looked at both of us for a brief seconds before looked at each other. Junhoe forced a laugh. "Oh, nothing. It's just something we're not satisfied." He gave a glare at Hanbin hyung. What is this?

"Wait, wait, wait." I looked around us. Trees, ground full of grass and tents. Oh. Okay. Yunjae gave me a look. "Why are we surrounded by all of these?" I pointed to the grass. "You told us that we're going to camp at the best place ever." Yunjae said.

"That's what we're not satisfied with." Junhoe rolled his eyes at Hanbin hyung.

"Okay." Hanbin hyung put both his hands in the air. "Firstly, I'm sorry but this is the best place I've got. The others are much more awful than this."

"Awful. Tch. As if the other places are full of poopies." Yunjae's sassiness finally making its appearance.

"Hanbin is right, at least we're surrounded by greeny grass. We should be thankful." Jinhwan hyung said on behalf of Hanbin hyung. Greeny grass, tch. Everyone else giving a glare to him. He blinked. "What? Did I said something wrong?"

 

"Why the hell would I sleep with him?" Junhoe wailed. He pointed to Jiwon hyung who stood there rather awkwardly. Let me tell you the whole story of how this ended up being like this. It all started with...

 

Flashback

"Okey, enough said." Jaebum hyung stepped out. "Now, how should we pick our sleeping partner?" Everybody shrugged including me.

V hyung raised his hand."Can I suggest something?"

"What?" The rest of us said in unison. "We'll play a game and decide the order."

"How?" Yunjae asked him.

He smirked. "We'll see the outcome is."

"Guys, I wil pick Chanwoo as my sleeping partner since we're the same age." Yoojung pokes her head behind Chanwoo's back.

"Okay." We all agreed with her decision.

 

"Jimin, Jimin, Jimin." I could hear V hyung chanting his name. I think I was standing beside him because I could hear his voice clearly. Jimin hyung was blinded by an eyemask and he's wearing an earmuff so, he couldn't hear anything. Hell, all of us are doing the same thing. Well, except for Chanwoo and Yoojung of course. The game rule is everyone has to play it. The players cannot see and hear anything. The ongoing player will move towards someone and grab that someone. Automatically, they'll be sleeping partner. The game will be play until everybody gets their partner.

End of Flashback

 

Unfortunately for both Junhoe and Bobby hyung, they didn't get picked by anybody else. No doubt that both of them will be sleeping partner. Now, let's get back to the real time.