Live Happily Ever After

The Got7 Brothers: Mark's Story

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

What happened next was a blur. Mark could only remember a couple of things. Running out of that dreadful room, running through what felt like endless hallways and finally out of the house. The scene outside surprised the hell out of Mark and Sapphire. There were police officers everywhere! Jungkook gave them an "okay" signal and squeezed Mark and Sapphire's arms. "Don't worry. You're both okay now." He gasped. Jongkook shook and lowered his head. "I am so sorry. I want to apologize in behalf of my brother." He finally looked at the both of them with sad eyes. "I knew something was off the second my parents called and told me that Taehyung moved to where you were." He looked searchingly at Mark. "You...don't remember us, do you?" Mark scrunched his forehead in concentration. "Sorry, but I don't think so. Have we met before?" A small smile formed on the edge of Jungkook's mouth. "Taehyung was eight and I was six. We were playing at a playground with marbles but one of Taehyung's marbles rolled towards the highway. He didn't see that there was a car speeding through." Jungkook looked at Mark with thankful eyes. "But you did. You pulled him away from the road just in time. He was so thankful that he was always checking up on you.
"But his behavior of just checking you out on friendster once a month became his daily routine. Me and my parents thought that it was weird so we talked to him about it. About him stalking you." He gave a bitter chuckle. "He totally freaked out. Told us that we didn't know how he felt. He totally pulled out the guilt card and . That's why we kind of let him off." He scratched his forehead. "Six months ago, a new kid moved to our neighbourhood and he thought it was you." Jungkook sighed and waved his hand at his brother's house. "And did this kind of . My parents called me from the police academy. I was freaked out. I let him off the hook and made him promise me to stay out of trouble...but I guess this is my brother's fate."
Mark and Sapphire looked at Jungkook with sympathy. Sapphire couldn't take it anymore so she went to Jungkook and hugged him. "I'm sorry." Jungkook tried to laugh as he wiped his tears. "Sorry ma'am. This man is already taken." He joked but when Mark hugged them, his tears started to flow. After a minute, Jungkook pulled back with a shaky smile. "Ah, this is embarrassing behavior to my seniors." One of the policemen slapped his back. "Don't worry kid. Our mouths are shut." The policeman gestured to the house and handed Jungkook a pair of handcuffs. "You know what to do now kid." Jungkook nodded and steeled his expression. "Right." That was the last word he said before going in to arrest his brother.

Two months passed quickly. Both Mark and Sapphire's families were ecstatic at the news that they were safe and sound but couldn't believe that the culprit was Taehyung.
Speaking of Taehyung, he was admitted to house arrest with therapy. They genuinely hope that he will get better in time.
It was a sunny day outside, so Mark took Sapphire to a park to just lay down and relax. As they laid themselves down in the sun, Sapphire grabbed Mark's hand and turned to face him. Mark smirked. "Like the view?" Sapphire laughed and punched his shoulder lightly. "Well yeah. But it's more like I'm thankful." Mark looked at her ludicrously. "Thankful?! After all those ?" Sapphire leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips. "Kind of. Yeah. I mean we wouldn't be like this without that happening. And don't even try to deny it." Mark nodded. "You're right." He faced Sapphire. "So what now?" Sapphire had a wicked glint in her eyes as she laid herself back down. "Well, what do you want?" Mark put his hands on either sides of her head and leaned into her. "To live happily ever after with you." He whispered before he kissed her.

-----------------------------------------------------

I sincerely want to thank everyone who subscribed to this story and read it!! I'll add another chapter though with a preview for the next "Got7 brothers". Hope you enjoyed!! XXX