Let Me Protect You

The Got7 Brothers: Mark's Story

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Sapphire was lying on her bed and was listening to music that night when her phone rang. It was Mark. She grabbed her phone and touched the green button.
"Mark? What's up?" She said with a breathy voice. Mark was breathing hard on the other line. "Sapph? Where are you? You're home, right?" Sapphire crunched her face. "Yeah, I'm home. I'm in my room listening to music. Why? Did something happen?" She heard Mark sigh in relief. "Yeah. Th-there was this dude....I mean I was on my way home from the supermarket 'cause Yugyeom wanted some ice cream...and then some dude just bumped into me. I thought that it was just an accident or something, but when he helped me up he whispered...he wh-whispered.." Sapphire's heart tightened with worry. "Whispered what, Mark?" She asked hesitatingly. Mark let out a shaky breath. "He said...or more like whispered, 'You'll be mine one day. You just wait.'."
Sapphire felt her blood run cold. Is...is that her stalker?! Mark probably thought of the same thing because he said, "Sapph? Maybe...maybe you need to...stay away from me." Sapphire bit her bottom lip. He makes sense, but... "And why woukd I do that, Mark?" She could feel Mark's frustration through the line. "Goddammit! Because someone is stalking you and threatening you because of ME! And after what you've been through because of that...that MOTHERING ASSNUT...I am NOT letting you go through that bull again." He paused for a second and continued. "Over my dead body, Sapph." Sapphire felt her eyes well up and she laughed. Confused, Make stammered. "Wh-what?" Sapphire's heart suddenly felt warm. "You do know that when you say stuff like that...it makes me want to stay next to you even more, right?" Dumbfounded, Mark fell silent on the other side. "...so I basically screwed up what I was supposed to do." Sapphire grinned. "Yeah, you basically did." Mark sighed in resignation. "Okay. Okay. But in one condition." Sapphire tried to contain her smile but failed miserably. "Shoot." Mark cleared his throat.

"You have to let me protect you."

------------------------------------------------------

HII!!! I am so sorry that it took me so long to update. I was just soo busy.. But enjoy!! <3