Let's be friends!

The difficulties of being in love with someone

 

 

 

Act 5 - Growing Trust


 

 

 

The weeks passed in a blink of an eye but nothing was like before. Sunggyu and Woohyun got on good terms only days after they had their talk; at first it was strange and foreign for Sunggyu to talk so freely with his slightly younger member but after some time he really opened up to Woohyun and the later really appreciated it.

Since their "re-start" they tried to speak more to each other, tried to learn more things about each other and it was certainly a success. Not only they felt a lot better without all the tension around them, the whole group had a better atmosphere ever since.

And slowly but surely they really came to the terms of being friends even though Sunggyu thought it would be impossible for him to ever like the younger but in the end he couldn't stop himself from liking the cheerful, happy-go-marry boy.

Woohyun on the other hand couldn't be any happier than he was now since Sunggyu finally opened himself a bit, just a bit but it's better than nothing and Woohyun was positive that he will get Sunggyu fully accept him as a real friend.

Of course their schedules were as tight as always so they were busy most of the time but that wouldn't stop the two to spent some precious alone time, especially since the two are the main vocalists and have a lot of schedules on daily base together.

Already a whole month had passed and they go nearer and nearer to their debuting date which was going to be around June, 2010; at some point of time Sunggyu was asked by the CEO himself to leave the vocal lesson he was attending with Woohyun earlier because he wanted to discuss something. This new piece of information didn't let Sunggyu go, he was really nervous why the CEO wanted to talk to him; did he do something bad again? Was he treating someone bad again? 

Sunggyu was nearly anxious and it didn't take Woohyun a second to sense it, they were currently sitting in the middle of a big room which was filled with instruments actually they were waiting for their vocal trainer but the said one wasn't around so the two had a chat to locker the uneasy atmosphere or at least that was Woohyuns plan.By now Woohyun knew so much about his Gyu, they talked a lot and bounded a bit (but Woohyun still wished they were as close as Hoya and Dongwoo) and therefore Woohyun  just knew,without being told, what his dearest friend was thinking.

Woohyun brought up one arm to wrap it around his older friend before he spoke with soft voice to calm his friend.

"Gyu don't be so nervous, he won't be mad at you, you treated everybody good and you didn't do something wrong so take it easy. We still have at least an hour of practice before you have to talk to him and if you want I can accompany you."

"Sometime I think you are some kind of a mind-reader, you really think I didn't do something wrong? Do I really treat you better now...I don't know."

"Yah! What are you saying? You never treated me thaaaat bad it could have been worse so just forget about that okay? Let's just be...good friends."- How much Woohyun hurt the word 'friends' in connection with Sunggyu, Woohyun always liked it to make new friends but he didn't want Sunggyu as just a friend even though he tried to stop his feelings for his older friend he couldn't, you don't choose who you love in the end.

"B-but..."

"No but Sunggyu, I said it's okay, so just skip this topic."- Woohyun whispered and tiered his eyes of Sunggyu for a moment to have a look at the door but their trainer wasn't any near the room actually nobody was seen walking on the floor.

"Okay I'm sorry, did you have a talk with the CEO in the last weeks?"

"Naww not really he just passed my once and said that I look happier that I used to and that he really liked the new positive atmosphere around us."

"He said that while just passing you?"- Sunggyu giggled before he continued with a simile on his face. "Are you happier that you used to be?"

"Mhmmm yes and you?"

"I guess."- Sunggyu answered unsure although he was basically a lot happier that he was while he tried to avoid Woohyun, now he has a friend he can count on and who he can talk to when ever he likes and about what ever he wants and even though Sunggyu still don't want to admit it to himself Woohyun was already his friend.

Woohyun wanted to dig deeper into the matter since 'I guess' wasn't really a cheerful answer but the moment he opened his mouth their vocal coach dash into the room apologizing over and over again-- his little daughter didn't want to go to kindergarten so he had a difficult time leaving his little girl at the caretakers place.

The two vocalists nodded and waved with their hands while assuring him that it wasn't a big deal at all; the ended up practicing for around an hour and a half before Sunggyu left the room with heavy steps to walk up to the office of their entertainment CEO.

Sunggyu was still in the dark why he wanted to talk at all but is been a while though since they had a talk so maybe it was something about new schedules or something like that. With the thoughts of 'Everything will be alright', 'I didn't do something wrong','I won't get kick out' and so on Sunggyu found himself right infront of the office door, he knocked twice and got a 'You may come in' as a reply; he took a deep breath an opened the door.

 

"Good afternoon Sir."-Sunggyu said after he bowed and took a seat right infront of the greeted man.

"Hello Sunggyu, how are you? Is everything okay in the dorm?"

"Oh I'm good and everything is fine. Why did you asked me for a talk? Is something wrong?"

"No, no everything is fine and I'm really pleased that you get along better with Woohyun."- He said and smiled sincerely.

"H-how do you know?"

"I know a lot and I'm not that blind we knew that you had your problems with Woohyun that's why we put you two in the same room."

"Oh I see."

"So to come to the actually reason why I asked you for a talk, we thought about our chose of the leader position for INFINITE and came to the decision that we'll change it.-"

Now Sunggyu knew why he was called for a meeting with him, that was the topic he ear-dropped him and Woohyun a few weeks ago. Sunggyu honestly wanted to be the leader even now after he befriended with Woohyun but he wanted to become the leader because people really thought it would be the best for everyone not because someone literally begged them.

"-and we thought about you for the position, would you like to be the leader?"

"Of course I would like to be the leader but did you really considered me or was it just for the wish of Woohyun?"

"What wish do you mean?"

"I know that Woohyun ask you to change positions so I would be the leader instead of him."

"You know? He said I should never mention it, anyway it wasn't only because of his wish we waited a few weeks to see if you could really manage everything and you certainly does. So of course it's only intelligent of us to take this chance. You can have a bit of a time to think about it and if you sort out your thoughts please tell us. You may go now, have a pleasant day."- With this Sunggyu was dismissed and was just about to leave the building as a familiar person stopped him right around the corner.

"Sunggyu I sorry I was at the restroom."- Wooyhun said heavy breathing as he tried to bring his breathing back to normal,

"Hey Woohyun ,why are you here anyway?"

"I waited for you of course. What did he want to talk about nothing bad, right?"

Should I ask him right away or should I beat around the bush?- Sunggyu thought but in the end he went with the second option.

"Nothing bad he just wanted to ask something that was all."

"And for a question he wants to talk to you privately?"- Wooyhun asked confused not really believing that it was just a simple question.

"U-uhm yes?"

"Come on Sunggyu what did he ask?"

"If I want to be the leader."

"Oh really? That's great! I think you would be a better one that I could ever be! You said yes, right?!"- Woohyun asked exited and tried to look surprised even though  he wasn't.

"I said nothing, why s-should I take your position and why do you think it would suit me more than you?"

"Gyuuuuuu! Why didn't you say yessss? I know you want to be so badly"- Woohyun whined and they stopped to walk for a moment.

"Don't call me 'Gyu' and besides it's my decision and I really have a question."- Sunggyu retorted coldly which shocked Woohyun since it came out of the blue and thy had a better relationship now.

"I-i sorry I just thought ...ah never mind, go ahead."

"Why did you...why did you ask the CEO to give me the leader position? I know you did so don't deny it."

"D-did he told you?"

"No-o I heard it myself."

"What do you mean?"- Woohyun asked unsure and started to get nervous, did the older maybe heard his conversation with the CEO?

"I...I ear-dropped...but it wasn't my intention in first place!"

Oh my God he did heard what we talked about! He probably heard everything I said about him! What should I do now?! Woohyun think!!

"Oh okay a-and what do you want me to s-say now?"

"J-just why did you say that stuff?"

"Because that are my real thoughts about you, I really do admire you. In my eyes you are just born for this whole business I've never seen someone this talented, determine, solicitous and handsome as you are. You are the full deal if you know what I mean so of course I would ask the CEO to change it, I wasn't happy with his decision in the beginning so I'm not now.". Woohyun explained and started to walk again around the middle of his sentence to avoid Sunggyu seeing his face what was most likely red by now.

While Woohyun was nearly running away Sunggyu was standing in the middle of the passenger way totally flabbergasted, he surly wanted to hear such words form Woohyun himself and not though a wooden door but he had never thought his heart would beat this fast because of the word of his younger friend and he still don't really understand why his heart was beating this fast.

*****_____________****************____________________________

 

Another week passed and Sunggyu was still unsure what to do but fortunately he had a day of and as much as he knows Woohyun too. In the morning as Sunggyu woke up from his deep sleep he only found an empty bed next to his which means the younger was already up. Sunggyu stretches his still tired limbs and climbed out of the bed with tiredness written all over his face he made his way to the kitchen to look where Woohyun was.

And there he was sitting at the dinning table with a plate filled with egg rolles, rice and some kimchi right in front of him and the same exact plate next to him only that the other plate had also a toast on it.

Sunggyu blinked twice before he took the seat next to the younger since he was sure they were the only once left in the dorm which means Woohyun cooked an extra portion only for him.

"Good morning Woohyun~"- Sunggyu yawned cutely and showed the younger his adorable eye-smile.

"Oh good morning, I didn't hear you coming. Did you sleep well?"

"Mhmmmm and you? By the way thank you for preparing a plate for me too."

"You are welcome~ Me too."- Woohyun grinned happily before he forced his eyes to look at the plate infront of him instead of the one and only crush he had besides him.

They ate for a few minutes in silence before Sunggyu turned his head again to have a better look at his friend.

"Woohyun, are you free today?"

"M-me?"- Woohyun asked confused and pointed to him with his finger, Sunggyu only rolled his eyes and giggled at the cute act.

"I only know one Woohyun so of course you, so are you free today?"

"Uhm yeah. Why?"

"Do you want to spent the day with me? Watching a movie, eating something and so on?"

OMG OMG OMGGGGG That's the first time he actually ask me himself ,from his own will ,to spent some time with me outside the dorm or entertainment building! OMG I have to act cool...at least I should try not to show how much I want to go....-Woohyun thought and was nearly determine to not show his excitement but in the end hedid exactly that.

"Yes! I want!....uhm I mean I would really like to watch a movie it's uhm been a while."

"Okay , that's great then."- Sunggyu chuckled and smiled so much only a tiny bit of his eyes were visual and once again Woohyun simply couln't tear of his eyes of him. Woohyun had to admit that even though he tried to get over his feelings he couldn't and these small moments, actions or simply smiles of Sunggyu are enough for him to fall once again for the slightly older male.

They spent the next hour choosing a movie they want to watch and talk about the day, what they want to do and where they want to do the things.

Their first stop for today was the movie theater and because of some reason they really didn't know themselves they chose to go in a horror movie even though both of them are easily frightened but Sunggyu was a little bit more than Woohyun. They ended up watching 'Katakompten' which actually wasn't a real horror film but it was still scary enough for Sunggyu to cling on Woohyuns arm and squeezes it all the while or to burry his face the others chest or nearly sitt on the others lap, yes Sunggyu was indeed scared. While Sunggyu had a hard time not to cry Woohyun literally thanked God for Sunggyu being such a coward, he never had the older touch him this often nor the older ever buried his face in his chest and for Woohyun he film could had continued for a bit longer.

After the film had ended Sunggyu was so relieved and just then realized what he did during the whole film which lead him to blush a bit, only good thing it was still dark so Woohyun couldn't see his face was blushing that's what he thought at least--- Woohyun saw everything and thought the older couldn't be any cuter than in that very moment.

Little later that day they had lunch at a nice restaurant and to Woohyuns surprise Sunggyu paid for everything. The lunch was pretty good but the best part was the dessert which the two shared with each other and Woohyun couldn't stop himself of thinking of the whole day as his first date with Sunggyu. And to be honest he really liked the thought, usually he was the one to invite his friend to watch movies, go having dinner, grab coffees and so on therefore today was a special day for Woohyun because Sunggyu asked him to spent time together but of course Woohyun know Sunggyu had something in mind by this so he was only waiting till the moment the older shows his real intentions.

After their lovely meal they decided to take a walk in the nearby park and on the way to it Woohyun bought two cons of ice cream for them, chocolate for himself and strawberry for Sunggyu. They talked a lot, just like they did the whole day and after some time they came across a bench and rested there.

They sat tight on tight since the bench was a pretty small one and at some point Sunggyu leaned in and rested his head on Woohyuns shoulder.

"Woohyun-ah.."

"M-mmhm?"- He responded with a wavy voice only good that you can't feel someone's heartbeat by resting your head on their shoulder.

"Do you really think I should take the offer? I mean don't you want to stay the leader?"

"Just take it seriously you know I personally ask his if he could change a few things so I really don't want to stay the leader. You are just perfect for this!"- You are just perfect.

"D-do you really think so? O-okay I have to admit I w-wanted to ask the CEO by myself to change things but yeah you did before me."

"Yes I really think so, you trust me right?"- Woohyun asked and rested his head now on Sunggyus, but much to his dissatisfaction he was met by silentce.

Do I trust him? He's not even my friend, why should I trust him?.....Arghhh I have to be honest with myself it brings noting to lie to myself, he his my friend...I ..I like him and I like his company and I surly trust him...

"Yes I do."- Sunggyu whispered quietly barely hearable but Woohyun still caught it what brought a giant smile on his face.

"So if I say you are just perfect for this you will just have to believe me, I would never lie to you."- I did lie to you I don't want to just as a  good friend.

"Okay  thank you and....I'm...I'm a lot happier than I used to be."- Sunggyu admitted shyly and this answer was much more liked by Woohyun.

***________********__________________*************

 

Only one day later Sunggyu walked up to the CEO's office accompanied by Woohyun to tell the other about his decision. Their CEO was visibly happy about the fact that both of them came to tell him about the news and that it seemed like they got on even better terms now. He was sure thy would be a great team in the nearer future.

 

 



 

I'm back guys! AND I'M AWFULLY SORRY!!!! 

I was soooo busy with school so I hadn't had the time to write TT_TT but now I only have one exam left and then I'm finish with all the tests for this year !And I promise you to write a lot in the winter break!

btw I want to write an one-shot for Christmas to so look forward to it ! :DD

As always I hope you like it and keep reading my stuff even though I'm not the best writer TT_TT

(word count approx. 3100)

Okay guys I kind of changed my mind and wrote the forward for my x-mas story already x,DD That's like my apology for not updating x,D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/876946