Making mistakes

The difficulties of being in love with someone

 

 

Act 4- Growing regrets



 

 

"I. hate. you"- Sunggyu said and stressed each and every word which let Woohyun flinch.

"H-hyung?"- Woohyun whispered slowly unsure and scared if the other really meant what he just said but this got the older even angrier.

"God Woohyun! Stop it I don't want to hear anything form you! Do you understand what I'm saying?! Leave me alone!"- Sunggyu retorted with a utterly cold voice and firm look.

"H-hyung d-do you mean w-what you just said; do you r-really hate m-me?"- Woohyun asked tembering trying hard not to collapse because his legs slowly didn't had enough power to hold his weight.

"I know you are not the smartest one on the planet but yes I do, that's why I said it ,okay?!"

Woohyun was shocked so shocked he could literarily hear his own heart breaking, Why from all these people on this big world why did it have to be Sunggyu that hates him? Still Woohyun wanted to know why, maybe he could change so Sunggyu would like him, would love him just how he loved the older.

"W-why?"

"You ask me why? Do you really want to know?"- Sunggyu ask cold obviously totally oblivious to the pain and hurt the younger felt at the moment.

"Y-yes..."- Woohyun whispered and was trying hard to blink away the tears which formed in his eyes, he was never a guy to cry much but if it comes to Sunggyu he is a very emotional person but until this very moment all his emotions had been positive.

"Where should I begin? I don't know. There is just too much....anyways let's be short. You are Mr. Perfect loved my everyone, you have all features which a needed for this business and with you in this group I'm not needed anymore yeah that's ...okay ,but you know if they kick me out what they may do because yeah they don't need me ...I can't go home, I-i don't have a place to return...my parents don't see me as their son anymore but that's certainly not you fault.

But I work so hard, I never had money...I went to school and worked at the same time but still got the best marks, my whole life I've been praised for my talent and then you came along and everybody said I should be more like you...

And then you followed me around like you're my god damn second shadow, is it fun to remind me of all the things I can't have but you?! You showered me with your attention and I'm asking me why? Why?! Can't you leave me alone?! Don't you notice that I avoided you?! Are you that stupid?! But then again I hope you are happy with your leader title...which I wanted so badly so I would have a reason to be proud of myself again but why should they choose me over you"- Sunggyu stated in rage but the only things he heard from the younger was his fast breathing.

"H-hyung I--i"- Woohyun shuttered at a loss of words not only his heart broke by the words of the elder, his whole world was crashed by the words of him, all Woohyun ever wanted since he had met the older was him being happy since he liked him so much but his actions, his whole being just gave the other a hard time.

"Can't you ing stop with this 'hyung' stutter ?!"- Sunggyu emphasized utterly angry.

"I-i'm sorry, I...I didn't know...I just..just."

"You just WHAT?"

"I-I ...just ..l-like you, you h-have a special place in m-my heart that's w-why I wanted to m-make you h-appy but it seems like I h-hurt you, a-am sorry I-I will n-never bother you again."- Woohyun whispered and couldn't stop his tears falling from his eyes, one of them must had hit Sunggyus hand since the older lifted his head to look at Woohyun but before he could even utter a single word the younger dash to their shared room, locking it.

 

Sunggyu was left back dumbfounded, he wasn't prepared to hear something like that from the younger. After only five minutes sitting there and thinking he regretted his actions, he realized he must have hurt the other to an extreme extent.

He walked to their shared room and found it still locked but heard soft sobs from the inside.

This evening Sunggyu slept on the couch not because he wanted to avoid Woohyun but because the younger kept crying nearly the whole night and refused to open the door. This evening Sunggyu also realized he had done a mistake which will have great impact.

 

The next days were strange and uncomfortable for all of them their happy, greasy Woohyun wasn't around anymore the younger locked himself two days in a row in his and Sunggyus shared room only leaving it to go to the restroom.

Everyone of them was worried about the younger and even Sunggyu was and he regretted his action more and more as each day passed.

At day three Woohyun finally unlocked the room fully and started to attend their schedule again but he was different, he not only looked like he had skipped a lot of meals ( what was true), he always had an awfully fake smile on his lips and avoided Sunggyu what everybody including Sunggyu noticed, it was strange not seeing the younger around his hyung anymore and Sunggyu felt bad.

He always hated that the other would follow him around, bringing him things and making him food but now when everything the younger did wasn't done by him anymore, Sunggyu felt strange.He was so used to his little second shadow that he had to admit he kind of missed him a bit.

There is that saying that you only notice what you had when you lose it and it was exactly the same by Sunggyu, slowly Sunggyu realized that if his stubborn feelings towards the other hadn't been there from the beginning on they might had been good friends by now. After Woohyun changed Sunggyu noticed everything the younger did for him, what a nice and lovely person he used to be and how much he must hurt the younger even though he just wanted to be friends.

Sunggyu felt horrible, he wanted the old Woohyun back.

Although Sunggyu wanted clingy Woohyun back he didn't really make an effort to show it the younger, heck he didn't even apologize to him but Sunggyu had certainly problems to do so since the younger was never around ,Sunggyu was nearly scared how the younger managed to disappear from his sight in just a second.

 

But the evening on which Sunggyu finally had the will to fix everything he did was Friday night after their dance practice.

They had been dancing for a total of unbelievable 12 hours with only a few short breaks and Sunggyu was once again at a search for Woohyun, just seconds before he turned around to hand the others bottles filled with cold water the younger was near him but now he disappeared again. By now the last time they talked was about two week ago.

He was worried, the younger must be at least as exhausted as all the others but still disappeared without a word. Sunggyu gave the others their drinks and told them to head to the dorm first and that he will have a look where the younger was. They all nodded and told him to fix things with him, they noticed the strange behavior of Woohyun and they had the feeling they must had have a fight.

 

Sunggyu walked nearly the whole building up but didn't find the younger, it was so unusual for him to simple leave without telling either Dongwoo or someone else so Sunggyu was sure he must be still in the building and on cue when he walked the  along the long floor which leaded to the office of their CEO he saw Woohyun dashing into it. Unfortunately he was to slow to catch the other before he entered the room but since he was already here he decided to shamelessly ear-drop on their conversation.

The voices where muffed but he was still able to hear what the younger was telling their CEO with calm voice and Sunggyu was shocked to wrap it in simple words. During Woohyuns speech Sunggyu felt his heart doing a few poundings and Sunggyu was really unsure what that meant.

"Hello Woohyun how can I help you? You look a bit tired, is the training making you troubles?"- The CEO asked with concern in his voice and Sunggyu heard that Woohyun pulled out the chair to sit down.

"Everything is alright Sir, it's just that I...I want to discus something with you."

"Okay go ahead."

"I am honestly honored that you choose me to be the leader but I think I'm not suited for this position. In my option Sunggyu is much more suitable for this position, he is a really wise friend and really loves us... all with all his might and he is a lot more responsible as I am. I'm much too childish and too unsure when it comes to take care of people, I can't give advises like him and I couldn't be the pillar of our team what he already is. In addition he is a really beautiful person with lots of charm so the people will surely like him. I hope you aren't disappointed by my saying but I would really appreciated if Sunggyu would be the leader of your team, it would only bring good things with it."

"Uhmm are you sure?"- The CEO asked and Sunggyu was dumfounded by the things he had just heard, originally it was his plan to confront the CEO to ask him to give the leader title to him since he was sure he would be a better leader than Woohyun but that the younger would say such things about him got Sunggyu.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure, I thought like this from the moment you announced I should be the leader, I thought a lot about it the last few days too and I think it's the best for us."

"I see I can only agree with you about the things you said about Sunggyu but are you really sure? You seemed to take good care of your friends and always look out for them."

"H-how should I put it...uhm to t-tell the truth I took good care and looked out o-only...for Sunggyu but I h-had a guilty coincidence that I only bought drinks and food for him so I brought stuff for the others too when I got things for Sunggyu."- Woohyun admitted slowly and Sunggyu couldn't believe what he just heard.

"Is that so?"- The CEO asked doubting.

"Y-yes S-sir, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, there is noting bad about it, if you like him so much, No problem at all. I will think about what you just told me and will be asking Sunggyu about his option too okay?"

"No don't ask him I know he would love to be the leader and the others would be happy too, just give him the title but don't tell him I asked you okay?"

"Are you sure Woohyun?"

"Yes I am sure sir."

"Okay you may go then."- Their CEO said and Sunggyu started to panic when he heard footsteps nearing the door.

In the state of shock Sunggyu did the first thing which came into his mind- hiding behind  the nearest corner. But Sunggyu had never been good in Hide and Seek so it was nearly obvious that Woohyun would see him, what he also did.

"H-hyung?"

thump

"W-woohyun...don't g-go I-i"

thump

"I'm s-sorry S-sunggyu-ssi."- Wooyhun whispered and run away before Sunggyu could even end his sentence.

thump

There was Sunggyu standing alone in a nearly empty building with a fast beating heart and not knowing why it beats so fast the only thing he knew was that he had to fix things fast, Woohyun had never called him 'ssi' before and the things the younger said earlier about him hurt Sunggyu to hear from him, such nice and honest words even though he had been an absolute towards Woohyun. He had to apologize immediately and the moment Sunggyu wanted to run after the younger boy the CEO saw him and told him he wanted to discus a few things with him, great just great.

 

Meanwhile at the dorm

 

Woohyun didn't even need 8 minutes to reach the dorm, he opened the door with much force and only when he was already safe in the living room he allowed himself to take a deep breath and to look behind himself, a little part of him hoped that the older had followed him but no he didn't. Woohyun must be unimportant for Sunggyu.

 

Woohyun has been depressed ever since the day Sunggyu told him the things he had on his heart, also since then the younger tried to avoid Sunggyu as much as possible he didn't want to make Sunggyus life even harder than it already is, so Woohyun decided it would be the best to give the other space even though it nearly kills him not to be around the other.

Although the older told Woohyun in not so a nice way that he didn't like him, Woohyun couldn't stop his feelings anymore, he had fallen for the stubborn boy and that's it so it was unbearable for him to know that the other will never like him back.

So Woohyun made the decision to move out of his and Sunggyus room but honestly speaking Woohyun felt like crying. He packed his stuff and walked to the room of Dongwoo and Hoya. The one he liked the most after Sunggyu was Dongwoo, everyone liked Dongwoo he was easy-going, funny, total loveable and is a great listener so Woohyun hoped that he and Hoya wouldn't have a problem with him staying in their room for a while.

 

He knocked two times and immediately loud noises along with laughing were heard, seconds later Hoya with tousled hair, only in boxers and a black wife-beater opened the door.

"Uhm Woohyun-ah? What's wrong?"- Hoya asked out of breath and looked a bit confused as to why his friends had all his bed stuff in his arms moments later Dongwoo appeared behind Hoyas' back and shoved the younger out of the way to have a better look at Woohyun.

"Omo! Woohyunnie what's wrong?! You look like your at the edge of crying! Come here!"- He said right before he shoved the other into the room and hugged him tight.

"Woo- hyung can...can I stay here f-for a while?"

"Sure but what's wrong you know you can trust me,us, okay?"

And that was enough for the already broken Woohyun to reveal his secret, about liking Sunggyu in a way you should only like a girl, to Dongwoo and Hoya since the other was also in the room, obviously.

They talked a lot about the whole subject and about the troubles the younger had and to Woohyun's surprise the two didn't judge him at all the exact opposite they comforted him, told him everything would be good in the end and convinced him that Sunggyu absolutely not hated him.

In the end the three ended in the same bed with Dongwoo on the left, Hoya on the right side and Woohyun between them. Due to the tears he sheared and the more or less sleepless nights Woohyun had he fall asleep within minutes safe between his friends while Dongwoo and Hoya weren't even near falling asleep.

 

"Hoaegi you are up to right?"

"Sure how should I sleep after that?"

"Yeahh I know, I would had never thought Gyu could be so cold and ...so heatless, didn't he noticed that Hyunnie likes him?"

"Woo you can't say it like this.. did you noticed that he liked him?"

"N-no I knew he liked him as a hyung but that he likes him in that way."

"See, neither I, we've been really oblivious I think.. but do you thing Sunggyu know it?"

"Probably not but we wouldn't tell him either."

"But we have to talk with him about him being so unfair to Woohyun."

"Yes I agree, let's see when he comes home. Do you think we can leave our big baby alone here?"- Dongwoo asked concern and stoked Woohyun's hair in a loving way.

"He cried pretty much and didn't catch enough sleep the last days, I think he's knocked out until tomorrow."

"That's good then."- Dongwoo whispered and on cue they heard somebody opening the front door with the keys and since everybody was already in the dorm it could only be Sunggyu.

They looked at each other, nodded and left the room as quiet as possible checking on Woohyun before they finally closed the door. They found the older in his and Woohyun's room standing in the middle of it in a state of shock. Hoya effectively got his attention by clearing his throat.

Sunggyu immediately turned around and you could see the disappointment in his eyes he wanted to see someone else instead of the two rappers at this moment.

"Hey guys, d-do you know where Woohyun is?"

"He is in our room hyung...he cried....a lot"- Hoya said and Dongwoo nodded in agreement.

"H-he cried?"

"Yes Gyu what did you do? He told us everything... Why did you said something like this to him?"- Dongwoo ask him in disbelieve, he was shocked as he heard it from Woohyun.

"I-i don't k-know, I'm sorry I'm so sorry, I just ...I don't know."

"Hyung... you haven't apologized to him and he was so hurt by your words did you realize that? Do you know that you are his role model?"- Hoya asked him and with each word which left his lips the older looked more sorry than before.

"I...I..."

"You what?"

"I'll fix it... I ...just help me with it okay."

"How are we supposed to help you?"

"Can you just help me getting everyone out of the dorm tomorrow excluding Woohyun of course?"

"Of course we can but will that help you?"- Dongwoo asked slightly confused why the older wanted the whole dorm for them alone when he simply had to apologize to the other.

"He...he avoids me, runs away from me I..I can't talk to him because he's never around. Will you just help me with this? I settle the rest, it's my fault after all and if I could turn time back I would never say something like that to him and I wouldn't be such...such an ."

"Okay at least you know that you've been an idiot all the while but I'm seriously asking me why and I think Dongwoo too."

"I.."

"You were jealous? he hurt your pride? you secretly wanted to have his features? you were afraid? Something like this I guess, right?"- Hoya stated and Sunggyu nodded lightly bitting his lip hard and regretting everything he had done till now, to hear it from another person was really something and Sunggyu felt so kiddish for his whole behavior, he felt so stupid.

 

 

As agreed the other two indeed help him to get everyone out of the dorm by treating them all to a movie theater visit. The moment the other five left Sunggyu started to be very nervous he hadn't closed his eyes even for a second the day before because he was hard thinking about a way to approach the other after everything he had done. It wouldn't be easy that's for sure.

After one hour Sunggyu decided that walking up and down until wakes up Woohyun wouldn't really be of any use so he walked to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for him and Woohyun. The only problem he wasn't even a bit as talented in cooking as Woohyun and than again Sunggyu didn't even know why the younger was so good in it-- he never asked.

The moment he finished to put the eggs on two plates he heard small noises along with whispered cryings for Hoya and Dongwoo from Woohyun. Sunggyu was between a rock and a hard place should he stay here until the younger would walk out of the room or should he walk over to him telling him that nobody was here apart form him and himself.

In the end he didn't had to make a decision since the younger walked out of the room by this own accord still searching for his friends and only stopping when he laid his eyes on Sunggyu.

 

 

He bowed lightly and was on his way to dash back into the room but this time Sunggyu was faster and grabbed him by his wrist which caused Woohyun to gasp.

"Sunbae?"- He asked unsure and turned around slowly only to meet Sunggyu's sad looking eyes.

"Woohyun don't go..."

"W-why not?"He asked hesitated and Sunggyu pulled at his wrist.

"C-come have breakfast with me."- Sunggyu whispered and looked at the floor like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

"Thank you b-but I think I rather n-not."

"P-please?"

"...okay."

They slowly walked to the table and started to eat, they ate in silence and that wasn't how it was supposed to be but after the second fork of horrible tasting eggs Sunggyu cleared his throat and tried his first attempt to start a conversation.

"W-woohyun you don't have to e-eat the eggs they...kinda taste like crap."

"It's okay Sunggyu-ssi."- Woohyun said half hearted and didn't look up from his plate full of food, continuing to shove them in this mouth.

"Can you...can you stop calling me in thie p-polite way?"

"I-i don't know..."

"Woohyun can you look at me?"- Sunggyu whispered quietly but the later heard it nonetheless and had an internal fight, in the end he looked up. Staring at the face he likes so much.

"Woohyun I...I'm sorry...I'm sorry for everything I did a-and if I could turn time back I-i wouldn't be such an ...I'm awful sorry and ...and I didn't mean what I said..."- Sunggyu said slowly carefully choosing his words.

"You don't have to lie Sunggyu-ssi, y-you said what was on your heart and that's it, as I said at that time I will n-never bother you again."- Woohyun said and tried his hardest not to stutter and wanted to stand up to escape the whole scene but he was held back again by a strong grip on his wrist, he didn't even know Sunggyu was this strong.

"No Woohyun sit down, I'm not lying I'm telling you the truth and I'm n-not finished yet. As I said I was a dumb idiot the whole time I really treated you bad even though you deserve only the best and I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I was jealous and stupid..."- Sunggyu paused for a second before he continued looking at Woohyun all the time and still holding unto his wrist.

"Deep inside I knew you were a nice kid and wanted to be friends but I was blinded by my own negative thoughts and made your life hard and then on top of that I needed to lose you from my side to realize that you are already really important to me even though I didn't want to admit it to myself. And I know that must sound good damn ridiculous to you since I apologize to you only now but I really mean it, I'm truthfully sorry that I hurt your feelings."

Only silence not one single sound left the mouth of the younger and Sunggyu was scared, was he really unable to fix the things between them?

Moments later Sunggyu did the first thing which came into his mind, how can you show you are sorry and beg for forgiveness? right to kneel down and that was exactly what Sunggyu did.

"Please forgive m-me I don't want to be on bad terms with you any longer even though I'm the one who's at fault."

"Sunggyu stand up...don't do that."- Woohyun whispered and took Sunggyus hand to help the other stand up. Moments later he found himself being hugged by the slightly smaller boy.

"You were forgiven the moment you asked me to have breakfast together."- Woohyun whispered slowly with a small smile on his face but Sunggyu was taken aback did he really meant that? No, Sunggyu couldn't believe it, could the other really have such a soft heart?

Yes he had and it was the softest for Sunggyu.

"I..I just.."

"Sunggyu let's start new, let's restart everything okay?"- Woohyun asked with a charming smile on his face but Sunggyu didn't really get what he meant, so Woohyun stretched his hand out and shook his lightly with a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Nam Woohyun. I'm 19 years old and I'm from Seoul. My dream was it to become a singer since I was small even though my parents were against it. So what is your name stranger?"- Woohyun said and giggled at the end.

"Ehm hi, nice meeting you Woohyun, I'm Kim Sunggyu, I'm 21 years old which means I'm your hyung please drop formalities and I'm form Jeonju. I dreamt to be a singer too so I studied in Seoul also against the will of my parents so we already have something in common."

 

 

That day they talked a lot and Sunggyu knew his actions, their actions, will have a great impact but this time it will be positive.

 

 

 

 

 



Hello ,my lovely readers~~~

They made up hurrayyyyy but still Gyu was pretty stupid over the last chapters kkk from now on their friendship can finally develop!~~

Let's see if they are bound together by faith or not~

btw it's for your imagination what Hoya and Dongwoo did before Woohyun knocked on the door x,D

...maybe they had a pillow-fight lmao xD

Hope you like it~ Leave me a comment if you like :3

(word count approx. 4300)