Blood, Sweat and Tears

The difficulties of being in love with someone

 

Act 25 - Family


 

 The time passed so quickly that the boys weren’t even aware of it. Soon enough it was Friday, but they knew what this day would bring and they were prepared. Sure, it may count as cheating, since they should have never been informed about the next few days which will hold many decisions that were, in the end, life changing for them. But really, they didn’t care. They have worked too much to be separated now, they were a team, no, they were, even more, they’ve grown to a family. Therefore, they used their remaining time wisely by practicing and honing their skills with the tips of Junbae.
Still, anxiety was lingering in their bones and their nervousness was right about to crush them. This heavy feeling only grew as they heard the doorbell ringing early in the morning on Friday.

“Gyu I think that’s Seonho.”- Woohyun breathed out heavily and looked to his right were Sunggyu was still sitting trying to eat his breakfast even though he was nowhere hungry.  Sunggyu nodded lightly and was about to stand up but was held back by a slightly trembling hand.

“Sunggyu- hyung everything is going to be alright, right?”- Sungjong looked up to him with nervousness and uneasiness written in all over his face, Sunggyu took a quick moment to look at his friends that were also eating their breakfast before he smiled.

“Of course it will be, you are not alone. We will make it, so let’s be positive and ace this whole thing.”- He grinned and walked over to the door to let their manager in.

They all greeted the man hearty but his stay was only short, they had to get to the CEO after all.

“Good morning everyone, you have a good five minutes before we have to go, please make sure that you have everything you need with you. Oh, and you have no clue what’s going on, right?”- Seonho stressed the last sentence and looked at the seven with a serious look in his eyes.

“Uhm, Seonho what are you talking about? Aren’t we going to a restaurant, your treat?”- Hoya grinned and poked his manager playful.  

“Jesus, come on let him be, he’s already nervous enough.”- Dongwoo whispered harshly and pushed Hoya into the direction of their shared room. “Sorry hyung, our lips are sealed.”- He grinned and followed Hoya into their room.
“You’re so no fun.”- Hoya pouted and plopped himself onto the bed.

“Oh come on, Howon don’t be like this.”- Dongwoo muttered under his breath obviously nervous while he tried to pull his lover on his feet again. In the end, their differences in strength couldn’t be overlooked and with a light pull of Hoya, Dongwoo was already lying next to him. Hoya turned around and placed a loving kiss on his lovers' full lips before he pulled back grinning like a little boy.

“Don’t be so nervous, it’s written all over your face. You aren’t one to worry so much so don’t do now. We need our carefree Dongwoo.”- Hoya smiled and finally a smile creped up Dongwoo’s face.

“That suited you a lot better.”

“You’re so stupid.”- Dongwoo mumbled blushing.

“Yeah, I love you too.”- They shared another short kiss before they grabbed their phones and shoes, and now Dongwoo was nowhere nervous anymore much to the like of Hoya.

 

The five minutes were up in no time and soon the seven found themselves sitting in the car heading to the main building of Woollim. The drive was short and spent in silence, all of them were deep in thoughts.

The meeting with the CEO was surprisingly rather short, they were informed that they had two days time to come up with a choreography to a song of their choice. Of course, they would also sing this song, which was no problem, after all, they had already decided which song they would go for.

Even though the meeting was unexpectedly short the seven were as nervous as they were never before. Sure they had confidence lingering in their hearts, but this sly voice telling them something could still go horribly wrong was as present as oxygen. Sunggyu looked around and saw the anxious faces of his friends, he could see behind the fake smiles of them. He knew they were afraid, just like he, himself, was.
“We will not be separated and I can promise you this. We are a family and we will all debut together and even if I have to sell my soul to the devil- We will stay together for many more years to come,” Sunggyu grinned and stretched his hand out. The other six looked at their leader and the fake smile that was printed on their faces disappeared and was exchanged for a real one.

**************************************************************************************

June 10,2010

Screams and cheering could be heard so loudly even though the actual stage was so far away form the dressing rooms. Looking down Woohyun noticed just how sweaty his hands were and quickly wiped them on his pants- maybe not the best idea. Now he was even more nervous since today was the most important day of his life and he went ahead and wiped his super sweaty hands on his new great-looking pants. After spending too much time on looking at his own pants his eyes found their way over to another pair of pants whose owner couldn’t keep calm at all. His hands were slightly trembling and his legs were shaking even though he was sitting on a little chair in the corner of the room.
Woohyung crossed the room and took the trembling hand in his and immediately Sunggyu’s hand jerked up.
“Woohyun…,” he whispered and squeezed the younger’s hand, feeling a little less nervous then just seconds before.
“Gyu don't be so nervous, we did it, it’s going to be okay. Our leader has to look cool today don’t you think?” He mocked his overly nervous boyfriend and now officially leader.
“As if that old geezer over there could be any cool. Please, Dongwoo and I are responsible for bringing in the coolness here,” Hoya laughed and punched Sunggyu’s shoulder lightly, pulling an overly happy Dongwoo with him.

“God, why are you like this?!” Woohyun turned around to Hoya and looked at him with disbelieve. I wanted to make him happy?- written all over his face. Hoya only shrugged and laughed whole-heartily.

“He’s a sassy - Nothing new,” Sungyeol chipped only to receive two punches at the same time, one from Hoya himself and the other from Dongwoo.

“Call him sassy, but not a young man,” Dongwoo scolded the younger in a motherly way which immediately lifted the whole atmosphere. A whining Sungyeol was always a funny thing.

“Tsk, no need to punch meeeee, right Myungieeeee?” he whined at looked over to his right were Myungsoo was standing and trying to hold back his laughter.

“Everybody is against me today, what a great day,” Sungyeol sulked and wanted to walk away but was stopped by Myungsoo and later on shoved into position by Sungjung.
Sungjung flashed a blinding smile to his hyungs and pulled Sunggyu up from his chair.

“Come on guys! Today is a fantastic day!” he cheered everyone up and his smile affected everyone in the room. Soon there was no one left that wasn’t smiling.

Sunggyu looked around the room and admired his friends- his family. They did it. They laid the first stone to their future career and hopefully success. His eyes found their way to the person he loved the most in the world and shared a short eye contact with him. Woohyun grinned and mouthed a quick ‘I love you’, surely Sunggyu returned the gesture. Moments later all seven stretched out their hands and formed a circle and all of them looked at their hands which were decorated with the same gold ring. A token of their everlasting friendship and trust in each other.

“Infinite fighting!” they shouted together and right afterwards they left the dressing room and jogged to the actual stage. He screams and cheerings became louder as they were reaching the illuminated stage.  
They heard their group's name being announced by the MC of M!Countdown and immediately run up the stage with smiles on their faces and proud swelling in their bursts. They did it. They made it as a family, as a whole. The future is bright and their lives will never be toneless.




Hey my Lovelyz,

I'll be honest with you guys, you are allowed to kill me xD I'm ready sorry that I also have turned into someone that lets their reader hanging with unfinished stories. I'm really sorry about that. I actually started writing this chapter (even though it is hella short) a few months ago, but somehow never finished it. Nevertheless, I hope that you will, at least in some way, enjoy this last chapter. I ended it just how I imagined it.

Thank you some much for all the support over this long time, I have really enjoyed writing this piece and hope you liked it as well.

(word count approx. 1600 words)