Kim Sunggyu's miserable life

The difficulties of being in love with someone

Act One- Why?


 

 

Kim Sunggyu, now 25 years old, had only one aim in his life and that was to be a singer, he never wanted to be a soccer player, pilot or any other job like his friends in kindergarten and middle school. No, Sunggyu was different; he fell in love with music before he could even remember. In kindergarten be started to listen to all kinds of music whether it's classic or rock, in middle school he started to love the sound of a piano to such an extent that he was determined to learn how to play it.

His parents weren't against it, at least in the beginning, so they gave little Sunggyu the chance to learn it and he was good, no he was great, he loved every second he could play the piano and all his music -school teachers were impressed by the talent and passion the still young child had.

The years passed in a blink of an eye and in these years his friends future wishes changed but his had been the same, but now he was absolutely sure he wanted to become a singer no matter what.

 

During the years as a middle schooler he attended a private music school with only a few teachers and only a few of the schoolboys and girls were as interested in the pianoforte as he was but he didn't mind, he needed his time to get taught by his teacher, Mrs Park anyway. Mrs Park was a cheerful young lady who shared the same love as little Sunggyu and after some time she became the role model of the little boy, she taught him everything that was important and even more. He really loved her and thanks to her Sunggyu was able to attend on several competitions, he even won a few of them. So all in all his time in middle school was great.

 

In high school his life changed a bit, of course as a  seven-year-old boy everything is just great, parents are always supporting and just fantastic but when you're getting older you have to face the reality which isn't always great, in Sunggyu's case it meant endless fights with his parents over the same topics, his love to music and his 'bad' marks. He wasn't always the best student in his school to tell the truth during his wonderful, music filled years as a middle school his marks were just average and average wasn't what his parents wanted so they decided they won't pay for the private music lessons anymore so their  son could concentrate on his studies. They knew they would break the heart of their son but they could care less, they never heard him singing, never watched him playing the piano or even visited one of his several competitions even when he won them. He had a nice childhood but his parents weren't really a part of it.

 

So in high school he did was his parents wanted form him he became the top of the class, the geek with only a few friends and the hidden love for music. In his spare time he used to write lyrics and sing but only so much that he still had enough time to read one book after another to get the best marks possible. But even the best marks, for which he studied so hard and so long weren't enough for his parents to be proud of him so slowly Sunggyu changed.

One lonely afternoon he wasn't feeling like going home to be greeted by either unpleased parents or to be greeted by silence so he decided to stay at the school and to take a look around it, indeed Sunggyu had been a student at his high school for quite some time now, to be exact one year, but still he never looked around the school; he had been to busy studying. But now he was in the mood to look around and then he found the classroom his heart cried for, his school had a big music room with new drums, guitars, simply all kinds of instruments were in the big hall like room but one certain instrument got his heart to beat so loud he could hear it in his ears, in the middle of the room was a beautiful white grand piano.

After he found the room of his desires he slowly became happy again, finally after over a year of depressions and unfulfilled desires he could do the only thing he was really good at, he could sing and play the piano without worries. He sneaked into the room every possible moment he could and soon he was discovered but his discovery only brought him advantages, he was singing with all his emotions as a few guy around his age entered the room with gently steps, they waited until he had finished the last note and then they clapped with all their might which took Sunggyu by surprise.

 

"You're great! Why the hell did I never saw you around here?!"- One of the three guys asked still in total awe.

"Yeah! What's your name? What class are you? How old are you? Are you from here? Do you play a instrument? Why have you never attended the music class when you're this good?"- The smallest of the three asked in speed of the light which confused Sunggyu to no end, to may question in such a short time.

"Uhm...uh...sorry but I-I'm lost."

"Ah no problem, little Shiwoo here talks too fast and too much anyway. I'm Hyungwoo and the other guy is Sungjoon and it's nice to meet you. So mind telling us your name?"

"I-I'm Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu."

"Ah what a nice name, so Kim Sunggyu are you from this school? we've never seen you here."

"Uhm yes, it's my second year now b-but I just recently discovered this music room."

"Mhmm it's nice isn't it?"- Hyungwoo grinned and looked around the room with glowing eyes before he started to talk with Sunggyu once again.

"So to come back to the questions of Shiwoo, from what class are you?"

"I'm in 2A and you three?"

"We're 3D, so we are your seniors by one year but more important you seemed to love singing or am I wrong?"

"Uhmm no I love music and I-I can play the piano too."

"Wow that's greatttttt, oh my, Hyungwoo hyung! We need him!! You heard him singing! WE NEED HIMMMMM!

"God Shiwoo keep cool...anyway Sunggyu are you maybe interested to join our band?"

 

 

And so Sunggyu became a part of the Jeonju National University High School band 'Beat' and he never regretted it. He had been the front singer and Hyungwoo, Shiwoo and Sungjoon were his friends for the rest of his high school time. He never told his parents about his band nor he even mentioned that his dream still was to become a singer and he never even whispered that he wanted to study music instead of business or law.

But that wasn't needed because his parents would find out soon enough, he graduated from high school with the best marks possible so he could go to the university of his choice, the Dae Kyung University.

The evening Sunggyu told his parents about his choice and even more important about his major he would be attending which was Practical Music, he was given two choices and it took him one second to decide.

 

"YOU USELESS SON! Didn't we tell you, you should study something with future?! Music?! MUSIC are you crazy?! You are not my son you can do what ever you want but not something as childish as studying music!"- His father yelled and Sunggyu was sure even his neighbors were able to hear their argument but they always did.

"But dad...I don't want to do something else! I did everything you wanted form me the last few years and it was never enough, let me live my life as I wish you never cared in the past so why now?"

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! I always paid all the bills of your school, gave you a place to sleep and something to eat."

"Yeah that are the only things you two did for me but it's final I'll study music at the Dae Kyung."

"I give you the choice son either you study at an university law or business like your father want or you'll study music but we won't support you in any way if it's money or even a place to sleep. You decide."- His mother said with a voice as cold as ice and a stare as hard as stone. 

"I'll go I don't need you."- He said and never turned around, only facing the future.

 

The first months were hard oh so hard, he had to work so much he would fall asleep the second his tired body hit the bed in the corner of his minimalist apartment, which was in reality one room.He had many jobs at the same time and attend the classes at the university in the evening but still he couldn't be any happier. Sunggyu always gives his best it was like this since the beginning and it will never change.

Even tough it was a difficult and hard time for Sunggyu he never forgot why he did what he did, he wanted to become singer.

So once he finished his studies and graduated as one if the best in his whole major he started attending auditions, one audition after another only to be refused but he was determined and after the eight he  was finally accepted. Finally after years of hard and trining work, he was a step nearer his dream to become a singer.

 

The life of a trainee wasn't easy at all no absolutely not, at least 12 hours of practices each day and some times it was even more but he didn't mind, everything for his dream and soon the CEO himself announced that Sunggyu was one of the best and would debut as a solo artist but his dream were crashed the moment a new trainee entered his entertainment.

Sunggyu had been a trainee for over an year but still everyone praised the new one after only a second of hearing his voice, they praised his good-looks, his 'amazing' voice, his sharp and perfect dance, his charm everything about him was perfect and soon Sunggyu was forgotten what did he had what the other didn't have? - Nothing, he was imperfect with many scratches while the other had everything and was still untouched and pure. Yes Nam Woohyun had everything Sunggyu ever wanted but at least Sunggyu could debut as a solo artist right? No he couldn't a few months after Woohyun started as a trainee three other boys started as trainees as well and so the CEO had a fairly great idea, why not put them all together and form a boy group?Sunggyu and Woohyun could be both the main vocalists since they are the best of our trainees.

 

The night the CEO told Sunggyu about his 'master plan' Sunggyu cried himself to sleep in his little cold apartment only to wake up the next morning at 5 a.m to go to the Woollim building with heavy steps to meet his soon-to-be members and to meet his greatest enemie the one who had everything and the one who even got the same position as Sunggyu but what should Sunggyu do against a god like boy with the same talent as himself only with a few more good points and he was even younger that Sunggyu by two years.

 

What could Sunggyu do?

He could do nothing...

 

Sunggyu had to face the reality, he came to Seoul against the will of his parents, who he didn't talk to for years now, he lived in a 4 x4 meter room with small windows and a bathroom he could wash his hands, shower and use the toilette at the same time and was a trainee at a not so well known entertainment mostly because they accepted him and because they had his favorite group for all times, NELL. And he had no money, his only chance was to give his best like he always does. He simply has to shine a little bit more as the other boy even if it costs him everything he has, music was the only thing Sunggyu was really good at so he won't let a brat destroy everything he had worked for.

After all Sunggyu had to admit that he saw Woohyun just once but this one time and the endless talking about him were enough for him to hate the younger and his hate towards the other grow from day to day.

 

 



The fist chapter is finished, ... wow xD What do you think about it? Do you like it or do you think it's crap

Tell me your opinion below :D 

So this was all about Gyuzizi's life and what he had to endure until he could debut but yeah our lovely nam grease entered the whole story and the CEO had new plans for them~

Hope you enjoyed it/ liked it// whatever x,D

I luv u all my lovelies >x< *throwing heart, blowing kisses*

(Word count approx.2200)