Chapter 25

Love Stories

 

Key's POV:

  My palms are sweating. This can only mean i'm nervous. I wiped my hands on a towel for the 100th time that evening. The four of us, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Jonghyun and I are in our room waiting for 6.50 to come so we can go pick up our dates. If I have to say so myself, all of us looked handsome!

Me: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y1IukkD68LQ/TPUHTQVSXhI/AAAAAAAAA-Y/4Q0Dq1tT9xE/s400/scn0013.jpg (with black pants)

Jonghyun: http://en.korea.com/files/2011/05/shinee2.jpg

Eunhyuk: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1qjOHSrqO5o/TIJc-AJUsII/AAAAAAAADTE/U1NOCxWKnuY/s320/1.jpg

Donghae: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BCkkZtbAMz8/TERec1TH7tI/AAAAAAAACc8/kxXcHzMeIMU/s1600/20100716_donghae_11.jpg 

  Finally, 6.50 came and all of us left the room with flowers in our hands to go 'fetch' our dates. Donghae knocked the door to Yuri's, Jessica's and Yoona's room. Jonghyun and I were standing behind him. Yuri opened the door and when Yuri saw Donghae, she squealed and hugged Donghae excitedly. "Here, this is for you." Donghae smiled as he passed the flowers to Yuri. "Aww, that is so sweet!" Yuri exclaimed then she gave Donghae a peck on the cheek. Normally, I would have gagged at the scene but I was feeling way to nervous right now. 

  "Hey Key Oppa!" Yoona said walking towards me. 

  "Hey! This is for you." I said, and passed her the flower.

  "Oh, that is so nice of you! Thank you!" Yoona said to me smiling and I wondered what I was nervous about. Yoona was just a friend and she wasn't acting like we're going out or anything.

  "No problem. By the way, you look very pretty today." I said sincerely and Yoona beamed.

  "Thanks. You look handsome." Yoona told me. 

  Suddenly, someone coughed, "Ahem." Yoona and I turned and saw Donghae, Yuri, Jonghyun and Jessica looking at us. 

  "Do you want to stand here and compliment each other or get going to the dance?" Donghae teased. I blushed and said quickly, "Let's go let's go." The six of us then started walking to the hall. As we walked, Yoona suddenly held me hand and I looked down at it in surprise. Then I looked at Yoona who was smiling up at me.

  'Okay.. this is weird..' I thought uneasily. I felt uncomfortable but didn't take my hand away. 'It's just for one night anyway.'

Jonghyun's POV: 

  'Why did Yoona grab Key's hand like that? And why did Key let her? Don't tell me Key likes her?' Just the thought of it breaks my heart. 'I need to find a way to get Key to stop ignoring me!' I thought anxiously. Then, Jessica linked her arms with mine and asked, "What are you thinking about, honey?" I shook my head and said, "Nothing." before thinking, 'Of course. I need to think of how to get rid of Jessica too.' 

Narrator's POV:

  When the 6 of them reached the hall, most of the campers had already reached. They saw Onew and Minho with their dates, Luna and Krystal at the back of the hall where the food were and made their way to join them. 

  "The deco is so cool! Nice work Key!" Onew complimented Key and Key shook his head to show that it's nothing. At 7pm sharp, Jae Beom went on stage and said into the mic, "Hello SME campers! Welcome to the Annual dance! Are you guys ready?" To this, the campers clapped and cheered and some whistled! 

  "Let's get this party started!" Jae Beom shouted and pumped his fist into the air. After that, a fast pop song started playing and campers started going to the middle of the dance floor to dance. Soon, everyone was dancing enthusiastically, even girls who were wearing long dresses or 3 inches and above heels. After about 15 minutes of dancing to fast pop songs, Jonghyun and Jessica stopped to take a break. They were tired from dancing so much! They went to the food table and got themselves some drinks to cool themselves down. The two of them leaned against the wall and watched the people dancing. Suddenly, Jessica laughed and Jonghyun looked at her.

  "Why are you laughing?" 

  "Look!" Jessica said and pointed to the dance floor. Jonghyun looked and chuckled. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon were the only ones dancing to the pop song now. They were popping their chests and everything while the others watched and clapped and cheered. "Their the dancing king and queen!" Jonghyun commented laughing. 

  Then the others started dancing again and Jonghyun spotted Key among the crowd. Jonghyun kept his eyes on Key throughout the whole song. 'He really dances well.' 

  "Who?" Jessica asked.

  "What?" Jonghyun asked, confused.

  "You said, he really dances well, and i'm asking you who you're talking about." 

  'I said that out loud?' Jonghyun thought then replied, "Oh, no one." Jessica gave Jonghyun a funny look and Jonghyun blushed. For the next few songs, it were still fast songs. Then, a slow song started playing and Jessica put down her cup. Jonghyun looked at her and asked, "Where are you going?" Jessica rolled her eyes and said, "To dance of course! Let's go!" Jessica pulled Jonghyun to the dance floor immediately after Jonghyun had put down his cup. 

  Jessica put her hands around Jonghyun's neck and Jonghyun placed her hands on Jessica's waist and they started moving slowly to the dance. 

Jonghyun's POV:

  'I can't believe i'm doing this. It never felt this awkward before last time.' I thought. Jessica was looking at me now and I'm looking at everywhere except at her. 'Gosh, why am I being like this?' 

  "Oppa.. look at me." Jessica said and I thought I heard wrongly. 'Did she just call me Oppa?' I thought, freaking out by the weirdness of the situation. I forced myself to look at her and then when I succeeded, I forced myself to smile. As we turned, my eyes wandered off again and I saw Key watching me and my heart started beating faster. I looked back at Jessica and later when I peeked at Key, he was not looking at me anymore but he was talking to Yoona.

  As Jessica and I continued dancing, I couldn't keep my eyes of Key. 

  "Jonghyun.. why do you keep looking elsewhere?" Jonghyun asked. I looked at her and saw her pouting. "Sorry." I mumbled and tried to pay attention to Jessica. Jessica sighed and I asked, "Why? Are you okay?" Jessica sighed again then surprisingly, she stopped dancing and her hands slipped off my neck. I stopped too and took my hands away from her waist. Jessica turned to look at something and I turned to see what it was. She was looking at Key and Yoona. 

  "Jessica. Why are-" I started but Jessica cut in.

  "Jonghyun. I'm sorry. I knew you liked Key but because I liked you so much, I didn't want to let you go. So I thought that if you go to the dance with me, I would be able to make you fall in love with me.. but I see that you can't force love. I'm sorry for making things awkward and bad for you and Key.. if you want to make up to Key, you can do so now.. I won't stop you." 

  I stared at her in surprised. I couldn't find anything to say. Jessica smiled sadly and nodded her head towards Key. "You can do it. You have my full support!" Jessica smiled at me again then walked off. 

  "Jessica!" I called out. She stopped walking but didn't turn around. I knew she was crying and I didn't make her turn around. I know that she wouldn't want me to see her cry. "Thank you." I finished. She nodded her head and walked off. I looked at Key and saw him looking at me again. I stepped towards Key but changed my mind. 'I should prepare something first.' I thought then practically ran out of the hall.


Omg, I had no idea the dance would be this long. So I had to break up into different chapters. >.<