Chapter 20

Love Stories

Narrator's POV: 

  Key looked around at all the campers around him and all their expressions were the same as his. "Eunhyuk Hyung, why do you think Mr. Lee asked us all to gather?" Key asked Eunhyuk, who was sitting next to him. Eunhyuk shrugged, "I'm not sure... he have never done this before." Key nodded and settled in his seat. After all, what else could he do other than wait and see what Mr. Lee wanted to say? Just then, he spotted Jonghyun coming into the hall with Jessica holding on to his arm. 'Ugh. Idiots.' Key thought and forced himself looked away. 

  A few minutes later, Mr. Lee got on stage and immediately, the campers kept quiet, all too curious about what was going on to not cooperate. "Campers, I'm afraid I have some bad news." Mr Lee started. Many people in the hall started murmuring and Mr Lee shushed them. "I'm sorry but i'm afraid this would be your last time coming to this camp." Gasps and shouts of 'No!'s and 'What's could be heard in the hall. Key and Eunhyuk was one of those who had gasped. "What? No way..." Eunhyuk muttered and Key could feel tears forming in his eyes. 'How can it be my last time coming here? It's my first time for goodness sake!' Key thought. He remembered all the happy times he had with his friends here and knew that if he did not come back, he would definitely miss all of them. Sure, there were unhappy moments but nevertheless, Key still loved this camp. 

  "Campers, please let me continue. Our funds for this camp is low and as you all know, a new campsite have been built next to ours and they are very popular as they have more resources. One of us have to close down and it's pretty obvious who have to close down." Mr Lee continued. Now, there were loud protests, not just murmuring anymore. 

  "Why is not them who have to close down? Why us?" Eunhyuk shouted out daringly. Surprisingly, Mr. Lee didn't seem angry at all. Instead, he answered his questions, "I've said that they're new and they have more resources." Hearing this, Jonghyun shouted, "They're newer so they don't have experience while we do. They have good resources so what? The resources don't sing or play by themselves!" Key's body tensed up when he heard Jonghyun's voice. After Jonghyun's comment, a middle age man wearing a black suit stood up and walked up the stage. "Now, Mr. Choi the Director of that new camp have a few words to say." Mr Lee said, ignoring Jonghyun's comment and passing the mic to Mr. Choi. At this, almost all the campers Boo-ed at him all not interested in what he have to say. 

  "Campers. Please, listen to what I have to say. I've seen what your camp have and it's great! But if you come and see our camp, you'll see that we have so much more. When this camp closes down, you can join our camp! We'll welcome you warmly." 

Key's POV: 

  I can't believe this man. He wants this camp to close down so we can join his? Psh, as if I would do that. "I bet you just need more campers right?" I shouted out and saw him turn his head sharply to my direction. I smirked. Many other campers started protesting again, all not agreeing with his plan. 

  "Ok ok,  how about this, let's have a competition.  Just one act, dance or vocal, anything. Whoever loses, the camp will have to close down. Deal? If you don't agree, you will have to close down. And, the performance will be public. People outside would be able to vote. And whoever gets the most number of votes, wins." Mr Choi suggested.

  I could hear everyone discussing and I thought, 'Why not? If we don't try, we're confirmed closing down. If we try, there's still hope.' I looked at Eunhyuk, who seemed to be thinking too, and took a deep breath before shouting out, "Okay. Deal." After I said that, I felt as if the entire hall had turned to look at me. I gulped and suddenly thought if I did the wrong thing. I looked at Eunhyuk from the corner of my eyes and saw him smiling at me encouragingly. Taking another deep breath, I stood up and said to everyone, "Deal because, if we don't try, we can all kiss this place goodbye. If we try, we still have hope in winning this and remaining in this camp. I'm new here and I can tell everyone I'm so glad to have chosen this camp to attend and I don't want this to be my last time coming here." With that, I sat down again. Eunhyuk whispered, "Great job! I totally agree with you." 

  Mr Choi, who was still standing on stage, laughed and said, "I like you! So it's on! Next Friday, 6pm at my camp site. Remember, just one act. See you all!" After that, he got down the stage and walked out of the hall. Mr. Lee got on stage again and said, "Okay, I'm not sure if this competition is a good idea but since we've already said yes, let's give it our best shot. I would like to meet all staff in the meeting room now. Campers please gather in your age groups. Later after the meeting, the trainers will join you." Mr. Lee then walked off the stage and out of the hall with the other staff members following behind him. 

  After a few moments, the campers started moving but I felt like I couldn't move, like I was stuck to the chair. "What did I do? Why did I agree to this?" I asked. Suddenly, all my friends were around me including Jonghyun and Jessica. "You did the right thing. We agree with your decision." Eunhyuk told me. "But what if the others don't agree? What if we lose this and people starts blaming me?" I asked, my voice shaking. I knew I was on the verge of crying. Immediately, I looked down. 

  "Why would people blame you? Like what you said, if we don't try, we have no hope of staying in this camp. This is the only thing we can do to save this camp." Jonghyun reassured me. I wanted to cry hearing his voice again. I didn't want to hate him anymore. If Jonghyun can't be my boyfriend, being his friend is enough. But it's so hard to control my feelings. 'I think it's best if I just continue ignoring him.' I thought then nodded before looking up and saying, "We'd better go join the rest of the campers our age." 

Narrator's POV:

  All of them got up and left making their way to their dorm common room in silence. Key couldn't lift his head and Jonghyun kept throwing worried glances at Key's direction. Jessica who saw Jonghyun looking so worried about Key, went to hold his hand. But to her surprise, Jonghyun shrugged her hands away and walked towards Key. Jessica pulled Jonghyun back and before Jonghyun could shout or anything, Jessica said softly, "I'm sure he wants to be alone. Don't disturb him, he'll be fine." Jonghyun looked at Key again and then at Jessica. Jonghyun sighed and nodded his head. 

  At the common room, everyone was quiet. Key mentally prepared himself for the nasty comments that would be said when he got in but none came. When he did not hear anyone scolding him or anything, he dared to look up and was surprised to see most of the people smiling at him! After a moment of silence, a guy, whom Key heard know as Leeteuk, spoke up, "Great Job Key! You did the right thing." Key smiled back and felt himself relax. The campers spent the rest of their waiting time in silence and when the trainers finally came into the room, all of them looked up with questioning eyes. 

  "Well, we have all decided that your batch will come up with an act to go against that camp because it was someone from your batch who agreed." One of the trainer said. "So how are we deciding who will be going?" Heechul asked. 

  "You have been working on your dance or vocal for 2 weeks right? We'll audition you all and choose the best." The same trainer replied. 

  "But that's unfair. All of us worked so hard and now you're telling us that we can't perform it unless we pass this audition?" Jonghyun protested. The trainer did not say anything, just nodded her head. Straight away, people started complaining and the trainer exploded. "Look! There is nothing else we can do. Don't tell me you're all going to go on stage at one go and perform something. The group is way too big. Stop being stubborn and work with me here!" 

  "Why don't..." Key spoke up. Everyone turned to look at Key and Key thought, 'I can't believe i'm speaking up again.' Key thought before voicing out his opinion. "Why don't we have a play?" 

  Siwon chuckled sarcastically and said, "Not all of us can act you know? Are you going to act?" Key glared at him and snapped, "Just shut up and let me finish!" Then, more calmly, he continued explaining, "A play where it shows what we do in this camp and at the end of the play, it would be a talent show. So all of us can perform what we have been practicing. At the start, we can have just one or two people telling everyone what they love about this camp and then we can have the talent show at the end. What do you think?" 

  All of the campers thought for a moment before everyone started applauding and said that it was a good idea. Key looked at the trainers and saw that they were smiling. "Wow, we're really lucky to have you. It's a good idea. Why don't you be in charge of it and if you have any questions, we'll be here to supervise." Key gulped and looked at his friends pleadingly. All of them laughed and patted his back encouragingly. He looked at Jonghyun and smiled when Jonghyun mouthed to him, "You can do it. Hwaiting." That was all Key needed. He stood up and said to everyone, "Okay, we don't have a lot of time so please cooperate everyone. We have a lot of work to do!" 

  The others did not complain, they sat up straighter and listened to Key intently. After all, they had a competition to win! 


  Hello! This is a long chapter update to make up for the next 6 days of no updates! I hope you like it! (: Key starting to forgive Jonghyun? Whatever it is, it seems like Key really needs Jonghyun's support and encouragement!

Question for you: Do you think Key's idea will help them win the competition? 

I realized that there are many YulHae fans reading this xD Sorry for not adding any YulHae here. I'll add more in the future updates! Please leave your lovely comments and subscribe please! Kamsahabnida! <3