Chapter 23

Love Stories

Narrator's POV:

  Everyone in the waiting room was silent. No one could believe their ears. They heard loud cheers from the room next door than their footsteps running up the stage to collect their prize. In SME's waiting room, some have already started crying and others just looked defeated and in a daze. No one was sure how to feel or how to react. Key sat on the couch looking down at his lap. 

Key's POV:

  I can't believe it. This.. this is unbelievable. How can we lose? We worked so hard and we showed exactly what kind of talent we have and where it came from. How? I squeezed my eyes shut to block the tears from coming out but I couldn't stop thinking about our defeat and it makes me more upset the more I think about it. I started taking deep breaths then looked up. I saw everyone's upset faces and whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, "I'm so sorry. So so sorry." After that, I couldn't help it anymore and let my tears come out. I covered my face with my hands and sobbed. I then felt a few people patting me and telling me it's alright and it's not my fault but I had trouble believing them. I mean, I was the one who came up with the idea for our performance! I should have thought harder for better ideas! Nevertheless, I looked up at my friends and gave them a small smile to show them I was fine. 

Jonghyun's POV:

  Key is crying.. I wanted to go to Key and give him a hug so badly but Jessica was holding on to my arm so tightly and crying her heart out so what can I do? Even if she wasn't holding on to me, I wouldn't have went to comfort him because he probably wouldn't appreciate it. I couldn't believe the results. I was so damn sure we would win but now.. I shook my head in frustration and tears started rolling down my cheeks  and Jessica looked up. 

  "Are you okay?" Jessica asked in a shaky voice. I nodded my head without saying anything. I saw Jessica lifting her hand to wipe my tears away but I pushed it away. 

  "Jonghyun.." Jessica whispered softly and tried again but I slapped her hand away and shouted, "Stop it! It's not like we're dating! Why are you acting like this? Gosh Jessica." 

  Everyone in the room turned to look at me including Key and I stood up and stared at the floor. "Sorry. I need to be by myself." 

  "Where are you going?" Jessica asked hurriedly standing up too. I shot her a glare and she sat down slowly. I then said through gritted teeth, "None of your business." I then walked out of the room. I was pretty sure Key was watching me leave and I wished that he would come after me but after waiting outside for a few seconds, it was obvious that he wasn't coming out. 

  "Aish!" I said as I kicked the wall. 'This is so frustrating!' I thought as I continued kicking the wall in front of me. I realized that there was a TV outside the waiting room too and it was also showing what was happening on stage. I saw that a tall guy holding the trophy had just stepped down from the podium and Mr. Choi had just stepped onto the podium and was smiling at the still cheering audience. I leaned against the wall and listened to what Mr. Choi was going to say. 'I swear if he starts being proud and confident, i'm so going on stage and beat him up.' 

Narrator's POV:

  Back in the waiting room, everyone was focusing on the TV listening to what Mr. Choi was going to say. 

  "We are very happy to win this mini contest and i'm very proud of my students. We are also very glad that we don't have to close down our camp as it is new and it would be such a shame to close it down straightaway. And, it is so sad to see that SME have been around for so long, yet, they didn't manage to win this mini contest." Mr. Choi said into the mic. Hearing that, everyone in the SME waiting room, clenched their fists wanted to beat the life out of Mr. Choi. 

  "However, as much as I want to declare that their camp have to close down, I know I can't. I have seen the votes! And we only won by a few votes. If we were to extent the duration of the voting time, we would have lost as we have received a number of late votes that majority have voted for SME. I'm sure you agree with me that both camps' campers are all very talented and I have to say, they don't deserve to leave their camp because of this. What do you say? I say, none of us will close down our camps and there would be no more rivalry between the two of us!" 

  The audience started cheering even louder than before. In fact, everyone in the audience was giving them a standing ovation. In SME waiting room, everyone was surprised and everyone was speechless. After a while, the door burst open and Jonghyun came in cheering and that's all they needed. Soon, the room was filled with claps and cheers and everyone was hugging everyone. Many were even crying tears of joy! "Our camp is not closing down!" Key exclaimed jumping up and down with glee. 

  At the side, Yuri and Donghae hugged each other, both jumping up and down. "Omg! I can't believe it!" Yuri squealed. Donghae said chuckling, "I know! Who knew he could be so nice!" Yuri slapped Donghae's arm playfully and said, "Hey. Don't be mean!" Donghae gave her an innocent look and said, "What? It's true!" 

  "Sheesh. Why do I have a boyfriend like that?" Yuri teased. Donghae wrapped his arms around Yuri's waist and said, "Because you love me?" Then Donghae kissed Yuri on the cheek. Donghae and Yuri heard gagging sounds. The two of them turned and saw everyone looking at them. They stepped away from each other and blushed. 

  "You guys are so lovey dovey. Go somewhere else and do your private stuffs alone yeah?" Eunhyuk teased. Donghae laughed and punched Eunhyuk's shoulder. 

  "Ow! What was that for?" Eunhyuk grumbled. 

  "For teasing me!" Donghae replied, laughing. 

  While all these were going on, Jonghyun and Key found themselves next to each other. They looked at each other awkwardly then Key quickly turned away and started walking away. But Jonghyun caught his hand to stop him from leaving. Key was shocked and looked down at their hands then at Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled when he realized that Key didn't pull his hands away. 

  "What?" Key asked looking at anywhere buy at Jonghyun. 

  "I just want to say congrats." After hearing this, Key looked at Jonghyun in surprised and Jonghyun smiled.

  "For?" 

  "Are you just going to answer me with one word answers?" Key raised his eyebrows then replied, "Yeah." Jonghyun sighed then asked Key, "Are you still mad at me? I don't like Jessica that way and we're not dating." 

  "Do you expect me to believe that? And you haven't told me why are you congratulating me." Key quickly changed the subject. 

  "I just wanted to congratulate you for the idea about the play. It was a good one." Jonghyun said, deciding not to talk about Jessica anymore. Key shook his head and said looking down, "It wasn't a good one. It didn't help us win the contest." 

  Jonghyun chuckled then replied, "No, it didn't help us win the contest. But it helped the audience see exactly who we are and how much the camp mean to us. Because of your idea, even though we lost, Mr. Choi saw our talent and everything and let us stay.. because of you, we can come here again next year and the years to come. So thank you too."

  Key stared at Jonghyun, tears forming in his eyes. "Thanks." Key said simply and after getting his hand out of Jonghyun's, he walked away. Jonghyun stood there smiling.

  'I know he likes me. I can tell.. how do I get him to trust me?' Jonghyun thought. He turned to face his still cheering camp mates and saw Jessica glaring at Key and Jonghyun sighed. 'Jessica is the problem. What happened to her?' 


HEYHEY! How's this chapter! Hmm, are you happy that they get to stay in camp? HEHE. Does Key like Jonghyun? and YulHae seems such a sweet and happy couple right? hehe. :P Please leave your comments! Thank you~ <3