Chapter 18

Love Stories

Jessica's POV:

  Jonghyun and Key? Jonghyun and Key? I couldn't erase the scene I had just witnessed from my mind-Jonghyun confessing to Key and Key running away. 'Jonghyun rejected me because he liked Key? Is he serious? Why Key? He's a freaking guy! What does Key have that I don't?!' As I thought more about the matter, I felt myself getting more angry and confused. I made my way to the canteen, deep in thought and formed a plan in my head. Maybe to Key and Jonghyun, the plan might be evil and mean but to me, it's fair. Besides, all's fair in love and war right?

Narrator's POV:

  Jonghyun had went straight to the canteen for dinner, hoping to see Key there but he wasn't. The rest were there though. As usual, Yuri and her friends were sitting at our table and Donghae was feeding Yuri with his spoon. Jonghyun went to take his food and then went over to join his friends.

  "Are you okay?" Eunhyuk asked, noticing Jonghyun's glum face. Jonghyun nodded his head, but said nothing. Actually, everyone was quiet except Yuri and Donghae. They were sweet talking to each other and to be honest, Jonghyun felt like puking hearing their conversation. Jonghyun noticed Eunhyuk glaring at Donghae, without Donghae noticing, and then rolling his eyes at us as if asking us, 'Can you believe him?!' Jonghyun shrugged to Eunhyuk's unspoken question before looking around to find Key again. He didn't manage to see him but he saw Jessica at another table staring at her plate. Jonghyun felt a stab of guilt and wondered if he should go see her. But in the end, he didn't. 'She probably does not want to see me right now.' Jonghyun thought and then focused on his own dinner. 

  5 minutes passed. Then 6, then 7. Jonghyun knew that they would ask the question sooner or later and they did. 10 minutes after Jonghyun had started eating, Onew asked, "Oh, where's Key? I haven't seen him." Jonghyun heard the question. He heard it but he continued eating his dinner, not looking up at his friends. Onew, Minho and Eunhyuk looked around the canteen and when they did not see him, they turned back to Jonghyun and asked, "Jonghyun ah, where's Key?" Jonghyun, still not looking at them, shrugged his shoulders. Onew studied Jonghyun carefully then asked slowly, "Did the two of you fight?" Jonghyun shook his head. 

  "Then what happened?" Minho inquired. Again, Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and replied, "How am I supposed to know?"

  "Because the two of you are very close?" Minho said, confusion in his voice. 

  "Just because we're close does not mean he'll tell me all his problems you know? If you guys are so worried, why don't you go ask him yourself?" Jonghyun retorted.

  "Hey, what is your problem? We're just concerned! You are Key's good friend! We just assumed that he would tell you his problems. Even if you don't know about it, you could have just told us politely!" Eunhyuk retorted back, his voice getting louder and louder as he spoke.

  "Well, you assumed wrong and i'm not in the mood to be polite to busybodies!" Jonghyun snapped back, practically shouting already. The two of them continued glaring at each other over the table until Onew spoke up, "Okay Jonghyun, we won't ask anymore. Please don't be angry and Eunhyuk, it's okay. We're fine with it. We shouldn't have asked. Calm down!" 

  After that, the two of them calmed down a little and Jonghyun apologized, "Sorry hyung. I'm just not in the mood to talk right now and I'm sure Key is fine." Eunhyuk sighed and then apologized too, "It's okay. I'm sorry for shouting at you too." Minho and Onew smiled feeling relieved. The four of them continued eating their dinner in silence. Minho and Onew still wondered where Key was but knew better than to bring up the subject again. Eunhyuk was still distracted by Donghae and Yuri. As for Jonghyun, he was busy worrying. 

  Jonghyun was worrying about Key. Worrying about what Key thought about the confession earlier and if the confession would affect their friendship. Although Jonghyun would probably be very sad if Key rejected him, he did not want this to affect their friendship. 

  Jonghyun knew he had to talk to Key about it as soon as possible. He wanted to talk to Key now. Jonghyun stood up, planning to look for Key after putting his plate back. "Where are you going?" Eunhyuk asked when he saw Jonghyun standing up to leave. 

  "To look for Key. I want to see if he's okay." Jonghyun told him, giving them a small smile. They all smiled back and Minho added, "I hope he's okay." 

  "Trust me, me too." Jonghyun told them softly then quickly left the canteen to look for Key. However, right after he stepped out of the canteen doors, he heard someone call his name. Jonghyun could recognize that voice anywhere and hearing that voice call him again, made him stop in his tracks. 

  Jonghyun turned around slowly looking down at the floor. When he looked up, he saw Jessica standing in front of him, eyes red from crying. Jonghyun gulped and wondered what she wanted to say to him. Whatever it is, he wanted to get it over and done with so he could start looking for Key and apologize. 

  "Jonghyun... I just want to let you know." Jessica started and Jonghyun continued listening. Well, he tried to listen, which was very difficult because at the moment, all he cared about was Key. But because he had hurt Jessica's feelings already by rejecting her, he tried his best to give his whole attention to her and continued listening. 

  "I just want to let you know that I have been liking you for two years. And no matter what I did, all the time i've sacrificed on you, you never noticed. You never noticed my feelings for you. I waited and waited for you to notice my feelings for you but you never did. That's why, I gave up waiting and decided to take the first step. But.. you rejected me. Do you know that by saying what you said to me was as good as stabbing my heart? It hurt a lot. I don't understand... Why can't you give me a chance?" 

  Jonghyun swallowed hard, and recked his brain for something to say. "Erm, uh. I just don't like you that way and I can't force myself to. And I've always treated you as a friend, that's why it never crossed my mind that you might like me! And-"

  "Will you be my date for the dance?" Jessica blurted out, cutting Jonghyun off. 

  "W-what?" Jonghyun gasped.

  "Will you. Will you be my date for the dance?" Jessica repeated, her voice shaking. 

  "I already told you, there is no way you and I can-"

  "Just this one time." Jessica interrupted again. "Just this once. After the dance, I'll stop liking you. At least I will try. Please.." 

  Jonghyun was freaking out. He didn't know what to do. He was scared to reject Jessica again as he had already rejected her once. Then he thought of Key running away from him at the beach just now, the way Key reacted to him. Remembering that, he knew. He knew there was no chance of Key liking him back and he decided that okay, just this once, he would agree. 

  "Okay. Okay Sica. I'll be your date for the dance." Jonghyun said and forced himself to smile and he managed to give her a small smile. Jessica beamed and flung herself at Jonghyun, hugging him tightly. Jonghyun laughed weakly and hugged her back. As Jonghyun hugged Jessica, he could only think of Key. How badly he wanted Key to be the one in his arms right now! 

  It didn't occur to Jonghyun or Jessica that hugging in the public would give a wrong impression. None of them even thought that someone might be watching. And there was someone watching. Furthermore, that someone who was watching the scene in front of him, was hurting, confused and he could even say angry and betrayed. And everyone knows how bad that feels. 


Hey! Here's the new chapter! :D How was it? I was trying to give a strong ending to this chapter but i think it's kind of.. bad? Idk, but yeah, hope you guys like it. Do you know who was watching JongSica hug? HEHE. (: I wonder what's going to happen next! :/ Okay, will update the next chapter asap! Please leave your comments okay!