Chapter 16

Love Stories

Narrator's POV:

  After the dance practice was over, Key, Onew, Taemin and Minho stayed in the dance room to practice their own dance. Donghae and the rest left the room and did their own things. "Do you think Donghae hyung is going to look for Yuri now?" Key asked the others when only the 4 of them were left in the dance room. The rest shrugged then Minho replied, "I'm not sure. Probably." 

  "Nothing is more important than Yuri to him now." Onew added and Key smiled weakly, remembering how Donghae was during the first few days of camp. "Can we dance now?" Taemin, who have kept quiet throughout the conversation about Donghae and Yuri, asked. Key laughed and said, "Yeah, okay. Let's dance!" The four of them got into position and danced through the song a few times and stopped only when they were satisfied with it. 40 minutes of dancing later, the door to the dance room opened again and Jonghyun entered. 

  "What are you doing here?" Key asked in surprise. Jonghyun sat down on the floor heavily, back leaning against the wall. "To look for you?" Key continued looking at him, waiting for Jonghyun to explain why he was looking for him. "Are you all done practicing?" Key looked at the others and as the others saw that Jonghyun needed to talk, they all agreed silently to wrap up for the day. Key nodded and said, "Just wait while I pack my things and drop them off in the room." Key then quickly grabbed his things and then went back to their room, with Jonghyun following. 

  After 5 minutes, Key was ready to hear whatever Jonghyun wanted to tell him. "Let's go to the beach. I'll tell you there." Jonghyun said and Key nodded his head. The two of them walked to the beach in silence. Once in a while, Key glanced at Jonghyun worriedly, noticing that Jonghyun was different today. He was not his usual, bubbly talkative self. 

  When they were at the beach, Jonghyun said, "Jessica probably hates me now." Key looked at him in shock. "But, you guys are like, best friends isn't it? Why would she suddenly hate you?" 

  "Because I rejected her." 

  "Rejected her for what?" 

  "Are you acting stupid or are you really so clueless?" Jonghyun snapped, frustrated that Key did not get what he meant. Key remained silent, shocked that Jonghyun actually snapped at him, then said softly, "I really don't know." 

  "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. It's just Jessica said that she likes me but i said sorry but i cant go out with her because I like someone else and then she burst out crying and left the room and now she probably hates me to the freaking core." Jonghyun had to take a deep breath after that as he had been talking way too fast and had ran out of breath. 

  "You like someone?" Key asked after a few moments of silence. Jonghyun remained silent and Key faced Jonghyun. By now, the two of them had stopped walking and were staring at each other now. Key, thinking of who Jonghyun likes and Jonghyun thinking if he should confess now. Somehow, the mood feels wrong but Jonghyun knew that this was the only chance he have.

  "I, I like..." Jonghyun started. 

  "Yeah?" Key prompted.

  "You." Jonghyun burst out. 

  "What?" Key gasped, not sure if he heard Jonghyun correctly. 

  "I love you Key." Jonghyun said, feeling braver. Key just stared at Jonghyun in shock opening his mouth to say something and then closing it again when he found that he did not know what to say. Jonghyun stepped closer to Key and was about to take Key's hands when Key, without a word, ran away. Back to the camp buildings, away from Jonghyun. 

Key's POV: 

  'There is something wrong with him. He's out of his mind. What's wrong with him?' These thoughts keeps going through my mind as I ran away from Jonghyun. I don't even know where I'm running to. All I know was that I needed to get away from Jonghyun and his confession. But after a while, I had to stop running as I was running out of breath. As i caught my breath, i found myself, miraculously back at the dorm building. I didn't want to go back to the room as i knew that Jonghyun would look for me there, so instead, I went into the ground level toilet and locked myself in one of the cubicles to think. But it was useless. I couldn't figure out why Jonghyun would like me and I couldn't figure out my feelings for him as well. 

  "Stupid ." I cursed Jonghyun for putting me in this position. The longer I remained in the cubicle, the more i remembered all those times, Jonghyun had come close to me like he was going to kiss me and then moving away laughing. I also remembered how I reacted, how freaking badly I wished he would stop playing around and kiss me already. 

  "Do I..." The thought scared me so much that I quickly got out of the toilet for some fresh air. 


  Hey! Another chapter update! Omg, does Key like Jonghyun also?? And what's going to happen to the both of them now? :O  Anyway, hope you like it and comments please! ^^